Target Midnight Special - COD Vita Bundle ($50 GC + 5% off + $10 off coupon)

iduncurr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Available from 12am-1am on Nov 12-13 only in select Target stores though
Target is offering $50 GC with the purchase of Call of Duty Vita bundle.
Stack it up with the 5% Red Card
and the $10 off any $100 electronics purchase and it pretty much beats out BF deal but without the BF mayhem.

I guess Target is trying to compete with Best Buy/Gamestop's midnight release?

If nothing else the coupon might be useful for another purchase.

Coupon Details
Offer valid 10 PM 11/12-11/13/12. Video game accessories, video game hardware, video game software, TV accessories, and TVs. Text SAVEBIG to TARGET (827438) to receive this offer delivered to your mobile phone. Message and data rates may apply. You will receive one message per request. Send HELP to 827438 for help, send STOP to 827438 to cancel.

Edit: Kudos to max for the list.
[quote name='maxpower0965']Here's the link of all the Target stores doing the midnight release. Was hoping to get the PS Vita bundle, but my target isn't doing this.

http://static.targetimg1.com/DVM/2012/Sep/wk4/Call_of_Duty/COD_BO_II_storesale.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Seems like a couple of you want the AC bundle. I wouldn't compromise on not getting the white 1, just for the sake of having one. Plus, it seems like Sony's white consoles have a higher value later on.Don't forget to factor in an additional warranty unless you have 1 of those credit cards that gives you a bonus year or whatever![/QUOTE]

Yeah but the Persona 4 decal looks better on the black one.

So the ps3 uncharted bundle is $210 after giftcard and coupon. I already have infamous 1&2 and this beats the Black Friday limited quantity/crowds. I'm making a 10pm target run. This is today correct?

10pm? you are going there early to be ahead in line? not sure if this is going to be a sell out kinda thing, I was planning on being there 30 min early, I wonder if thats a bad idea.

Manager at my Target said I could pick it up with the sale bonuses tomorrow since they're not doing midnight opening. Sweet!!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']10pm? you are going there early to be ahead in line? not sure if this is going to be a sell out kinda thing, I was planning on being there 30 min early, I wonder if thats a bad idea.[/QUOTE]
Umm... You don't want call of duty swag?
prepare for battle at 10 pm with special offers, free giveaways and game demos, leading up to the release
of Call of Duty: Black Ops II in select Target locations.
Game availability is limited so pre–order now.
I'm leaving the house at 8:45pm, head to BB first to get my wristband and enter there contest. Stay there for an hour and then head across the street to Target at 10pm and then run back to BB before midnight release.

Ok from what I've seen imay not get this why?
1 the game seems to be for download code only no one can really confir. Otherwise , if u can please put a link.

2. Multiplayer is 4x4 , this kind of meh my 3ds can Mario Kart it with 8 so this is kinda crappy. Yes totally dif games genres but multiplayer is weaksause o. Vita blops.

3. This bundle is also being offered at bf for 199 , yes this deals better with the coupon and all etc but I have to go to work at 6 am Tom not sure if its worth waiting at nite for a few bux off.

Please give me reasons to buy this thanks

cod-bundle-vita-5-large.png

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/psv-cod-blackops-bundle.html - Other pictures at link have game in blue Vita case. Seems clear to me the game is physical.

[quote name='rckola911']Ok from what I've seen imay not get this why?
1 the game seems to be for download code only no one can really confir. Otherwise , if u can please put a link.

2. Multiplayer is 4x4 , this kind of meh my 3ds can Mario Kart it with 8 so this is kinda crappy. Yes totally dif games genres but multiplayer is weaksause o. Vita blops.

3. This bundle is also being offered at bf for 199 , yes this deals better with the coupon and all etc but I have to go to work at 6 am Tom not sure if its worth waiting at nite for a few bux off.

Please give me reasons to buy this thanks[/QUOTE]

All reasons are void since this is made by Nihilistic, the company that just turned to a smart phone gaming company.

The changed their name too, trying to lose the negativity that came with their former name.

[quote name='rckola911']Ok from what I've seen imay not get this why?

Please give me reasons to buy this thanks[/QUOTE]

1) Can't confirm, but most people in this thread believe it is a physical copy for the NA release.

2) Sure, 4x4 is "weak" but it's freakin' dual stick FPS that is portable. 8 players in a game isn't that small and you can play it at any time (assuming you have available wifi or cell signal if you're tethering like I do).

3) Even assuming you don't want the Target card (I don't) it's still $10 off and a $50 gift card. If you plan on never going to Target again ever, then by all means, don't get it. If you do think you'll go to Target at some time and spend $50 or more, then this bundle is $10 cheaper than the BF offers and you don't have to deal with BF madness.

tl;dr It's $10 cheaper and you don't have to deal with BF.

[quote name='blume3']Anything special about the Vita other than it being bundled with Black Ops?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it's just the plain black Vita. That shot of the European bundle earlier in this thread looked terrible with the Black Ops logo on the back.

I was going to wait until Black Friday to get this but I think I'll jump on this deal. Hopefully there will be no problem signing up for the Red card in store tonight so I can get the extra 5% off too.

I want a vita, at the same time I don't want a vita. I don't know that I'd play it, and I have so many ps3 games to play still it's ridic.

not sure if i should return my ass creed bundle. Got it from GS using credit, no tax. I would probably end up say $20 dollars but using actually money instead of credit.

[quote name='HenDoggy']so if i use all giftcards to purchase the vita do i still get the 5% bonus?[/QUOTE]

If you're covering the complete cost with giftcards then no.. you don't get the 5% bonus. You have to use a redcard for that..

Well thanks guys for the opinions. After some debate i might pick one up at bf these things are not flying off the shelves by anymeans. The maker of this game as the other guy pointed out seems to have a love hate relationship w gamers. Their previous title resistance was junk according to reviews. I'm going to wait till more reviews for this come out. Not to mention vita still doesn't have a good library yet.

[quote name='rckola911']this is a great deal for a vita im going tonight for this[/QUOTE]

in my area, this is a great deal AND even better time to get mugged.

edit: still needs a bundled 64GB memory card.

Hey these $10 off coupons are also with the Target ads! It also has good food and drinks deals!

4 pack Monster Engery drink for only $2.50!!!

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Hey these $10 off coupons are also with the Target ads! It also has good food and drinks deals!

4 pack Monster Engery drink for only $2.50!!![/QUOTE]

good on the monster coffees too? or just the regular?

for pre ordering the game they give you a t shirt a poster and a patch. if you want the 5% off and you DONT have a red card already bring a voided check and your ID or it will take 10 days and you won't get 5% off on this purchase.

My target has 1 xbox demo system on their demo tv with black ops running on 1 controller and are giving everyone 3 minute turns playing. pretty lame. to get the coupon for $10 off you need internet access on your phone they text you a link.

they also had only 2 fold out chairs for the 8 or so people there around 10:30. I went home to get a check and because I was bored out of my mind. They said they have tons of vita bundles so I shouldn't worry about them selling out if I show up any time before 1:00am, so I am going to best buy first.

I am so sorry I misread the ad on Monster, these are not $2.50. The Doritos are. The drinks are actually $5

Target is still giving out Free T-shirt, poster, patches, etc though

See my Facebook for the picture!

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']I am so sorry I misread the ad on Monster, these are not $2.50. The Doritos are. The drinks are actually $5

Target is still giving out Free T-shirt, poster, patches, etc though

See my Facebook for the picture![/QUOTE]
That's probably better for my liver they are not that cheap. So to get the swag do I just pre order in store? Are they still doing pre orders?

Anyone from the east coast get theirs yet to confirm whether it's a digital copy? And is there a COD sticker on the system?

[quote name='TheBomb69']Just got approved for a red card but can only use it for online purchases until I receive the card in the mail. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Did you apply in store?
They should have printed you a receipt that acts as a temporary card while your card comes in the mail.

[quote name='keysersoze7']deal is live online now but cannot use the $10 coupon[/QUOTE]

I don't see the $50 GC with online purchase.

EDIT: Never mind. It shows up when added in cart.

[quote name='iduncurr']Did you apply in store?
They should have printed you a receipt that acts as a temporary card while your card comes in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Applied online as it is only 9:12 p.m. on the west coast.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I don't see the $50 GC with online purchae.[/QUOTE]

Go to purchase and then checkout at checkout it is in your cart

Does anyone know what Turtle Beach Black Ops headsets they have available at Target. Here in CA the person I asked didn't know. The 20% off headsets plus $10 coupon would work well on the X-Ray headset I am looking for.

Target didnt get any bundles in so me and a couple other customers got the wifi/3G vita with black ops and an 8gb card with the $50 gift card as a substitute for $249.99 because they were out of 4gbs and regular wifi vitas! Glad I went to target!!!!

[quote name='RPGamer246']Target didnt get any bundles in so me and a couple other customers got the wifi/3G vita with black ops and an 8gb card with the $50 gift card as a substitute for $249.99 because they were out of 4gbs and regular wifi vitas! Glad I went to target!!!![/QUOTE]

Wow..! Now I am thinking about running over to mine and testing my luck!

[quote name='RPGamer246']Target didnt get any bundles in so me and a couple other customers got the wifi/3G vita with black ops and an 8gb card with the $50 gift card as a substitute for $249.99 because they were out of 4gbs and regular wifi vitas! Glad I went to target!!!![/QUOTE]

that sounds like a really sweet deal. i wonder if the local target got any

How much did you have to pay for all that?

[quote name='poet17eric']How much did you have to pay for all that?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing $249.99 w/ the $50 giftcard return

[quote name='poet17eric']How much did you have to pay for all that?[/QUOTE]

I am thinking its $249.99 ...It is their way of honoring the advertised price by offering another "similar" item. A "rain check" offer.

bread's done
Back