Target Midnight Special - COD Vita Bundle ($50 GC + 5% off + $10 off coupon)

iduncurr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Available from 12am-1am on Nov 12-13 only in select Target stores though
Target is offering $50 GC with the purchase of Call of Duty Vita bundle.
Stack it up with the 5% Red Card
and the $10 off any $100 electronics purchase and it pretty much beats out BF deal but without the BF mayhem.

I guess Target is trying to compete with Best Buy/Gamestop's midnight release?

If nothing else the coupon might be useful for another purchase.

Coupon Details
Offer valid 10 PM 11/12-11/13/12. Video game accessories, video game hardware, video game software, TV accessories, and TVs. Text SAVEBIG to TARGET (827438) to receive this offer delivered to your mobile phone. Message and data rates may apply. You will receive one message per request. Send HELP to 827438 for help, send STOP to 827438 to cancel.

Edit: Kudos to max for the list.
[quote name='maxpower0965']Here's the link of all the Target stores doing the midnight release. Was hoping to get the PS Vita bundle, but my target isn't doing this.

http://static.targetimg1.com/DVM/2012/Sep/wk4/Call_of_Duty/COD_BO_II_storesale.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RPGamer246']The order came out to $254 and change after the $10 off coupon and taxes, I didn't apply for red card[/QUOTE]

So $204 with the $50 GC. Interesting.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Anyone from the east coast get theirs yet to confirm whether it's a digital copy? And is there a COD sticker on the system?[/QUOTE]

I just arrived home with my bundle. Happy to report there is no sticker/decal on the back of the system and the game is a physical copy. The game is not included in a retail case though, the game cart and memory card are in a little clam shell case inside the Vita packaging.

after 6.3% sales tax mine came out to 241 and a gift card. the guy couldnt get my $10 barcode so he just took it off the subtotal, probably screwing me out of a few precious pennies discount. the 5% red card only gave me 9.50. im not a math major but 5% of 100 is 5... shoulda been closer to 15 than anything. GC deal probably screwed it up.

still better than tax free 199 by a c hair.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']I just arrived home with my bundle. Happy to report there is no sticker/decal on the back of the system and the game is a physical copy. The game is not included in a retail case though, the game cart and memory card are in a little clam shell case inside the Vita packaging.[/QUOTE]

Excellent news! Any indication whether COD3: Road To Victory is included on the cart like it is on the retail version?

I think I am gonna pass on it now. I really don't see what PS Vita has that Smartphone+PSP+3DS can't do that I really want so bad.

Good deal nonetheless

[quote name='spauldingfan']Can anyone at a east coast target confirm if they are giving anything out?[/QUOTE]
My target gave out 1 month hulu gift cards, black ops 2 patch, t-shirt, posters, and snacks. They had 5 hardened editions for each platform and 1 care package for each platform for walk ins. I spent most of my time playing the wii u they just set-up. Then I ran back over to Best Buy across the street.

Went to my local target for vita promo, clipped the $10 off coupon from sunday's ad, waited around awhile for 12am to hit, staff was nice & friendly, handed out posters, shirts, and badges for black ops.

Got the vita black ops vita promo, used the $50 gift card in a different transaction for black ops 2 for ps3. As I was leaving forgot to use the $10 coupon from the ad, staff member was able to apply coupon at front registers as missed coupon, got $10 back. Best vita deal to date!

does the op say that this offer ends 10pm today? its still live online, but i dont see an option for in store pickup, so i dont know if the closest target is offering the gift card.

My fiancee works at Target, so not only did he score the bundle for $239.99 after the $10-off coupon and the $50 gift card, but he also got an additional 10% off with his employee discount, and then the 5% Red Card discount as well. After taxes, $220.37, plus a $50 gift card. Not bad at all!

[quote name='purplepanda']does the op say that this offer ends 10pm today? its still live online, but i dont see an option for in store pickup, so i dont know if the closest target is offering the gift card.[/QUOTE]

I think the coupon is what ends tonight (Tuesday)? I also am hoping that vita deal is still going, I just may stop by tomorrow and bite the bullet.

Edit: ahhh.. just saw the ad. The Vita deal is only in store for that midnight launch, but it seems that the offer online is good through later tonight (11:59)... well at least that is what the fine print says.

thanks, i had a feeling the offer wouldn't be available in store later today, so I just placed my order online.

seems as good as any black friday vita deal, right? hopefully the game is decent.

Just pulled the trigger online also. Sucks that I didn't get to use my $10 coupon though but at least it does avoid the Black Friday rush and I'm sure I'll find something to use the GC on. I kind of have buyer's remorse though because I'm getting a Wii U this weekend and the arrival date for the Vita is either Friday or Monday. At least I'm only working one day next week though and will have plenty of gaming time!!

Have fun with your wii u! It looks really cool, but I barely play my wii as it is so I cant justify the purchase.

Does anyone know if target usually ships by UPS or USPS?
Just wondering since my local postal service sucks.

Tried to match at BB this morning, but they wouldn't do it. They said if I bought the vita bundle + $50 worth of games/accessories, they would take $50 off the extras. Too bad, I was hoping to combine this with the Halo 4 AmEx spend $100 at BB, get $50 back.

I hung out until 12:50am hoping that they would sell out & I could substitute a White AC bundle, but alas, there was no one else in Denver buying a Vita :( There were 3 COD bundles just sitting there, not selling out. LOL. So in the end I picked one up, but I'm going to leave it sealed for now. I have the option of returning it for a refund anytime through Feb 25, if I happen to find a better deal on a White Vita before then... but what I'm going to try first is waiting until neither bundle is on sale and then attempting to do a no-receipt even-exchange for a White bundle when they're the same price.

[quote name='handsomepete']If anyone is still waffling on this (and if it's still available), looks like Sony announced the PS+ setup for Vita today which includes an Instant Game Collection with Uncharted: GA and Gravity Rush (and more). Just turn that $50 gc back around and get a PS+ subscription for a year and you'll have plenty to play for a while.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11...n-plus-lineup?abthid=50a26e878bb052087d00000e[/QUOTE]

That is simply awesome! I wasn't really looking to snag a Vita. Have so little time to play nowadays (2 boys under 2 years of age). But I had some PSN credit and spent $100 for 2 years of Plus for my PS3 (to get the extra $20 in October). Now I can just sit back, and for about $4 a month get game after game for both systems.

Oh, and for those (like me) who aren't interested in the Black Ops game for Vita, its base trade value is going for $22 at Gamestop. If you trade for one of the PS3 HD collections, you'd get an extra 50%.

Sweet! Was just about to buy Uncharted too! Can ps plus vita games just sit on the ps3 and then be copied to the vita whenever? (i would only have 4gb of memory)

Anyone can help me with this... Target online has the vita bundle but at checkout says $50 off of $300... So $249... And then lists the gift card, but is it using the gift card to take off the $50 discount?

[quote name='purplepanda']Sweet! Was just about to buy Uncharted too! Can ps plus vita games just sit on the ps3 and then be copied to the vita whenever? (i would only have 4gb of memory)[/QUOTE]

Yep, that works.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Deal is still live online. Stopped by one of my bestbuys (not my reg store) and they shot down a price match.[/QUOTE]
How is Best Buy refusing price matches? According to their holiday price-matching policy they are now matching online retailers for electronics. Also, this deal is both online and b&m so you shouldn't have had any trouble regardless. This sucks. Has anyone been successful getting this at best buy yet?

[quote name='PublikDefender']How is Best Buy refusing price matches? According to their holiday price-matching policy they are now matching online retailers for electronics. Also, this deal is both online and b&m so you shouldn't have had any trouble regardless. This sucks. Has anyone been successful getting this at best buy yet?[/QUOTE]

I guess not so much a price match compared to matching the gift card. The guy was feeding me the "that's a deal between Sony and target" and target wouldn't match in store. Which it says available in store.

And the online thing is confusing. It looked like its taking the $50 from the $300 online price so it's only $249 with the GC. Help??

[quote name='PublikDefender']How is Best Buy refusing price matches? According to their holiday price-matching policy they are now matching online retailers for electronics.[/QUOTE]
From BB price match policy:
Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.
This would apply to gift cards. YMMV if manager will approve.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I guess not so much a price match compared to matching the gift card. The guy was feeding me the "that's a deal between Sony and target" and target wouldn't match in store. Which it says available in store.

And the online thing is confusing. It looked like its taking the $50 from the $300 online price so it's only $249 with the GC. Help??[/QUOTE]
I'm not seeing the $300 price. It is $249.99 here: http://www.target.com/p/call-of-dut...-edition-bundle-playstation-vita/-/A-14250263

So here is what you are actually buying:
$250 Black ops vita bundle
FREE $50 gift card

Total price at checkout: $250 for vita bundle and gift card.

You are simply receiving the bundle for $250 and it comes with an additional $50 gift card (that you shouldn't be charged for). Your total at checkout before taxes should be $250 or something is wrong with their website/checkout process.

This actually looks like a decent deal - but has anyone actually played Declassified yet? It looked like it was shaping up to be one stinky turd.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Just ignore the $300 price. It is supposed to be $249.99 but target.com is showing a wacky msrp to make it look like the bundle is on sale.

So here is what you are actually buying:
$250 Black ops vita bundle
FREE $50 gift card

Total price at checkout: $250 for vita bundle and gift card.

You are simply receiving the bundle for $250 and an additional $50 gift card. Your total at checkout before taxes should be $250 or something is wrong with their website/checkout process.[/QUOTE]

Okay cool. Because their policy thing is all kinds of ass backwards when reading it. I called but unfortunately for someone who didn't speak/understand me well (not to be a dick, just true and she did try to help) ---

Guess I could always buy it and see what happens. I may try my luck 2 more times (at my local Target and my usual BB)

Edit: when you add it to the cart and try to check out, that's when it gets fucked up. My total is $273.xx with tax/ship.

I would post pic, but on the iPhone.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Okay cool. Because their policy thing is all kinds of ass backwards when reading it. I called but unfortunately for someone who didn't speak/understand me well (not to be a dick, just true and she did try to help) ---

Guess I could always buy it and see what happens. I may try my luck 2 more times (at my local Target and my usual BB)[/QUOTE]
OK, but I couldn't get Target.com to show a $300 price. It is $250 if you use this link http://www.target.com/p/call-of-dut...-edition-bundle-playstation-vita/-/A-14250263

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Go to checkout and you'll see it how they break it down.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. That's really weird. I don't know why it is doing that. And I don't know if you would still get the $50 gift card since it looks like they are screwing up the order process. I think I'll have to wait for another deal unless someone else can confirm that this works because I'm not going to risk losing the $50 gift card.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Oh yeah. That's really weird. I don't know why it is doing that.[/QUOTE]

Super sucks. May take my chance and maybe get them to adjust the price? Idk. I just know I don't wanna fuck with Black Friday and should have gone last night. Oh well... Would rather get the Assassins Creed edition anyhow.

[quote name='publikdefender']oh yeah. That's really weird. I don't know why it is doing that. And i don't know if you would still get the $50 gift card since it looks like they are screwing up the order process. i think i'll have to wait for another deal unless someone else can confirm that this works because i'm not going to risk losing the $50 gift card.[/quote]

Same thought here.

What don't you guys understand? You're getting a free $50 gift card. $249.99 for the Vita, $50 for the gift card ($299.99 total), and then -$50 for the promotion (now a total of $249.99). Then they ship you a Vita and a $50 gift card.

If it wasn't clear, it's explicitly outlined in the offer details on the product page.

So has anyone been able to get Target to price match their own website on this deal? If so, I'd love to pick up this bundle on the way home from work.

[quote name='JPWasko']This actually looks like a decent deal - but has anyone actually played Declassified yet? It looked like it was shaping up to be one stinky turd.[/QUOTE]

IGN didn't even receive a copy of the game. They're going to have to go buy it. I can't imagine how bad it could be... Let's hope not, but my instinct says stay well away.

[quote name='purplepanda']Sweet! Was just about to buy Uncharted too! Can ps plus vita games just sit on the ps3 and then be copied to the vita whenever? (i would only have 4gb of memory)[/QUOTE]

From the blog:

If you dont have a ps vita can you add content to the download list and download it later on?
Yes you can. Download away with your Plus membership, and when you get your PS Vita they’ll be sitting there waiting for you to transfer over.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...or-ps-vita-available-next-week-take-the-tour/

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']So exciting! Hopefully, this means more people for the new Ratchet and Clank game!:applause::D

Crossbuy(buy for one system, get it free for the other system)! PS3 versions: Disc or download. Vita version: Download.

The set of 2 is $19.99!:D

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/26/ratchet-clank-full-frontal-assault-out-1127-for-19-99/

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331645[/QUOTE]

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you posted this in the wrong thread, then I saw that you're even promoting crap in your signature.

[quote name='Dynamic3']I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you posted this in the wrong thread, then I saw that you're even promoting crap in your signature.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen you around these parts. Hope you get over whatever you're going through. CLICK.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Haven't seen you around these parts. Hope you get over whatever you're going through. CLICK.[/QUOTE]

You're randomly promoting Ratchet & Clank sales in a Call of Duty thread.

well from some reviews it appears this game is half assed , miniature levels that are cramped etc.. Im glad i didnt waste sleep over this, if you are a fan then this is a must i guess. However for most its not really their cup of tea. im glad it did come with a physical copy of the game that was cool at least.

[quote name='Dynamic3']You're randomly promoting Ratchet & Clank sales in a Call of Duty thread.[/QUOTE]

It's a PS Vita thread, troll.

My Target denied me a price match. I wanted to use that $10 coupon. They said they couldn't just add a gift card for no charge to an order.

I did decide to bite online after seeing the PS+ freebies. I need to go through my stuff to sell something...I can't afford this, lol. I used my 5% off plus free shipping, AND found this $5 off coupon link from retailmenot: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/target.com

Ended up paying $243.xx including tax and shipping. Then getting a $50 gift card to the place I buy all my groceries at anyway, makes a $193 vita, memory card, and game a good deal to me!

[quote name='linkubuspark']It's a PS Vita thread, troll.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's bundled with Call of Duty, and still has nothing to do with Ratchet & Clank. But be a dick and start calling people trolls.

bread's done
Back