Target now does video game trade-ins!

ad935ab542aea30da8a9376c63ee461a333b8ed.jpg

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I like how they actually offer you $0.16 if your disc is cracked.[/QUOTE]

0.27 if its COD:MW 2

Some of their prices are good, some crap -- just like anywhere. I'll bookmark this for future reference. Nice that they take all kinds of electronics for trade.

That's really cool. Always nice to have another option when you want to trade in.

A few weeks ago I was at Target and they asked me if I would like to take a survey (for $10 I said sure :D ) and they asked if I would like to see kiosks that would sell new games, used games and also offer rentals. I believe they also asked about trading in games in store. So, hopefully this is one step closer to getting some more options in store as well.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']its 1% of the price they offer for complete.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure how i feel about that. cod:mw2 is $27.39 with normal wear and includes case and booklet, but 27c if it is missing either???

however on the other hand i've never understood people that trade in games and they don't have the book, how do you lose the book, it has a spot right there in the case?

From what I sampled, the TIVs were all lower than Amazon and since I never shop at Target, it's pretty much two strikes you're out.

[quote name='ctrek3']i'm not sure how i feel about that. cod:mw2 is $27.39 with normal wear and includes case and booklet, but 27c if it is missing either???

however on the other hand i've never understood people that trade in games and they don't have the book, how do you lose the book, it has a spot right there in the case?[/QUOTE]

When I traded in my copy of RE5 normal edition, I didn't have the book.

I remember taking it out to read it, and then I guess I left it lying around and it got lost, I found it later though. (I live with 3 siblings who also use my systems)

Everything else I own has the case and manual. I almost lost the manuals to my BL FFVII and Xenogears, but I found them in a Ps2 game case for some reason. Siblings aren't as careful as I am with games...

I only lost stuff when I was younger and it was the NES and Game Boy era. From the SNES on, I have never lost anything, though I have misplaced items or forgotten that I had traded them (left a GBA SP in a winter jacket and didn't find it until a year later; trade a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2 that I swear I had but then checked my records and traded it away).

I have a very negative experience with Nextworth, and after it happened, I found a lot of negative reviews about them. Basically you're at the mercy of whatever they decide what you trade in is worth. If they say your game is damaged and worth nothing, you'll get nothing. If they say your electronics item is worth less than you filled out the form as, you'll get whatever price they say it's worth and that's final. Once you mail your stuff out, you'll never get them back. And I suspect a lot of lying on their part to increase their profit margins.

So personally, I will never go with them ever again.

[quote name='CyReN']I work at Target and I have no idea what this is..[/QUOTE]

It's not actually Target, so the OP's title is misleading. It's a company called Nextworth that gives out Target credit. I was mislead into thinking Target actually had something to do with it and paid the price.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']When I traded in my copy of RE5 normal edition, I didn't have the book.

I remember taking it out to read it, and then I guess I left it lying around and it got lost, I found it later though. (I live with 3 siblings who also use my systems)

Everything else I own has the case and manual. I almost lost the manuals to my BL FFVII and Xenogears, but I found them in a Ps2 game case for some reason. Siblings aren't as careful as I am with games...[/QUOTE]

yeah, i had similar problems with siblings growing up, except i would find the game disc scratched to hell, little brats.

looked through the terms and condiions and read this:

I agree and understand that the trade-in value assigned to the ITEM after its receipt and inspection by Flipswap is final and non-negotiable and that this value may be less than the estimated value I have been quoted and may even be zero. Under no circumstances will I have the right to have the ITEM returned to me even if I am not satisfied with the trade-in value or the trade-in value is zero.

so yeah, basically if your game is scratched a little to much for them, hey just keep it and dont send it back! no go for me!

its funny they will give me 38.64 for metroid prime trilogy when i just bought it in targets clearance section for 12.48

[quote name='darkpice']looked through the terms and condiions and read this:

I agree and understand that the trade-in value assigned to the ITEM after its receipt and inspection by Flipswap is final and non-negotiable and that this value may be less than the estimated value I have been quoted and may even be zero. Under no circumstances will I have the right to have the ITEM returned to me even if I am not satisfied with the trade-in value or the trade-in value is zero.

so yeah, basically if your game is scratched a little to much for them, hey just keep it and dont send it back! no go for me![/QUOTE]
Now that right there is a major disqualifier. But if they allow trades in-store like TRU at least you can just grab n run if they say they're DQ'd and they don't wanna give you anything for them.;)

This isn't in-store because it's not actually Target taking in these items in trade. NextWorth just happens to be giving out Target gift card credit in exchange. Target has nothing to do with this program.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']This isn't in-store because it's not actually Target taking in these items in trade. NextWorth just happens to be giving out Target gift card credit in exchange. Target has nothing to do with this program.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing, it'd be nice just to have other retail locations accept used games. A little bit of competition is good for the soul

[quote name='zerotl']Actually, Targets in NorCal are doing it. I might bring a bunch of games in and see how much they give me.

Link Here[/QUOTE]

That's awesome...too bad I live across the country...LOL oh well, there's hope yet

[quote name='darkpice']dam! you get $52.14 for One Piece Unlimted Adventure for the Nintendo Wii.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, it seems like it may really be worth that much, its going for $70 on Amazon.

The store's here in the bay area are using the same site and system so the trade in values should be the same as whats on the website which is pretty crappy. All they seem to give for games is pocket change. I find more change in my couch than what they give for some games even newer releases.

Nextworth also does paypal, but let me explain a little bit about this company. This company is, quite possibly, the worst trade in site we've seen on these forums. I actually rank it lower than dealtree. My trade occurred a few months ago, so maybe they made changes to address my complaints.

1) Processing is slow. It took approximately 4 weeks to get an item processed and paid when it was sent with a "priority mail" return merchandise label.

2) No tracking offered.

3) "Artwork" and "Case" are extremely misleading. When I did my trade Artwork = manual. Case = Case/cover art. My orders were sent with Case/Artwork, but were consistently denied for artwork due to lack of manual. This seems to be addressed with their update.

4) Customer service response is worthless. After about 3 weeks, I found that my items had been "devalued," it took 3 days for an automatic message to be processed to tell me why. Customer service responses took appx 3-4 days behind that.

5) Their devaluing practice is VERY common for them, especially for iphones/ipods. A quick search on any search engine will yield dozens of complaints.

6) Upon request to have products sent back, it is extremely hit or miss regarding having it returned. I sent a 2 responses immediately after receiving my devalued email requesting they be returned (since in the end it would have been better through gazelle) and they never responded to the request and just paid it out.

7) "cracked" disc includes games that are "heavily scratched"

Side notes:
1) The company was very lenient on disc quality, I sent in a range of stuff from (imo) heavily scratched to mint and they were all paid out. That being said, they do not have qualms with devaluing to "cracked" (friend of mine sent an order in with a playable game and it got devalued as "cracked" which was clearly not true.

2)
Oh and when I submitted my order, their website was different. They valued case/artwork at 2$/1$ respectively. Now... if you lack one or the other... it drops your TIV to less than 1$. No. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkpice']dam! you get $52.14 for One Piece Unlimted Adventure for the Nintendo Wii.[/QUOTE]

Namco Bandai gave the game a very small print run, it became rare more or less the day it was released. I'm a huge One Piece fan and the game was one of the reasons I got a Wii... but I've never got to play it. Hell, GameFly never sends it out either. I saw a single copy at a local GameStop around its initial release, but foolishly didn't picked it up.

Did I mention its introductory price was only $39.99? Anyone who bought the game instantly MADE money.

First off, when I typed in nextworth on google it finished my sentence with scam....

Second off, 10 cents of target store credit for a non cracked copy of Crackdown with a case and manual? Im sure I could sell it for more to someone who doesn't even own a 360 lol

I'll be interested in this if my Target gets it, and you get the gift card on the spot. Target's one of my favorite stores, but I don't buy from there a lot because they don't have many deals...but if I've got credit...

The charity stuff they do is cool too.

[quote name='TheRobReport']First off, when I typed in nextworth on google it finished my sentence with scam....

Second off, 10 cents of target store credit for a non cracked copy of Crackdown with a case and manual? Im sure I could sell it for more to someone who doesn't even own a 360 lol[/QUOTE]

ROFL, I'll give you 25 cents =p

[quote name='ctrek3']i'm not sure how i feel about that. cod:mw2 is $27.39 with normal wear and includes case and booklet, but 27c if it is missing either???

however on the other hand i've never understood people that trade in games and they don't have the book, how do you lose the book, it has a spot right there in the case?[/QUOTE]

Some people actually throw away the manual AND the case the second they get a game and just throw the disc in some CD folder. :wall::shame:

[quote name='Vector']Some people actually throw away the manual AND the case the second they get a game and just throw the disc in some CD folder. :wall::shame:[/QUOTE]

I can't be friends with these people! :lol: ;)

[quote name='Vector']Some people actually throw away the manual AND the case the second they get a game and just throw the disc in some CD folder. :wall::shame:[/QUOTE]

i finally broke down and put all my DVDs into a wallet, but have all the original cases in a few boxes in the basement. just bought a modest house, and don't really have the room to have them out all over the place.

my games will not be taken out of the cases, as most of the time it is much cheaper to replace a dvd vs. a game.

Nice! That's two more stores that I like pretty well (right next to each other too). Man, I guess I'd need K-Mart to accept trade ins since they're the only local store I have (well, super local).

I compared the trade in values at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon. Seems like Amazon always gives you a couple bucks more in trade in value. At least in the 8 sample games I checked on all 3 sites.

[quote name='Pauler']I compared the trade in values at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon. Seems like Amazon always gives you a couple bucks more in trade in value. At least in the 8 sample games I checked on all 3 sites.[/QUOTE]

yeah I'm thinking about tossing them into a bundle and sell on amazon's trade in program, I'll hang onto the rpg titles of course ;)

bread's done
Back