Target: PS VITA free $20 Gift Card = free 4GB card with preorder and free ship

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!
Target dot com is offering a $20 dollar Target gift card for preorder purchase of Playstation Vita with free shipping. :booty: Yes, I know that it's actually a $20 gift card but lets get real that means you can either get the 4GB of memory for free or you can take home the 8GB card for ten bucks.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=playstation+vita&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories

PS: Sorry if this was already posted...I did a search b4 with no results. Newb2site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely inaccurate and deceptive title, not to mention the $20 gift card was already posted a week or two ago. This needs to be locked.

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely inaccurate and deceptive title, not to mention the $20 gift card was already posted a week or two ago. This needs to be locked.[/QUOTE]

Wow harsh. :roll:

[quote name='BetaDemo']Target dot com is offering a $20 dollar Target gift card for preorder purchase of Playstation Vita with free shipping. :booty: Yes, I know that it's actually a $20 gift card but lets get real that means you can either get the 4GB of memory for free or you can take home the 8GB card for ten bucks.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=playstation+vita&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories

PS: Sorry if this was already posted...I did a search b4 with no results. Newb2site.[/QUOTE]

If it's a 20 dollar gift card, why don't you just put that in the title? Why put that you get the memory for free? You aren't getting a 4gb stick you are getting a gift card. I get where you are coming from on that, but I would change the title of the thread and it'll be golden.

Pre-order the Vita and get 2 boxes of tampons, 1 pack of M&Ms, a tube of chapstick and a copy of 'The Lake house' on DVD.

Or a $20 Giftcard.

You have to get the thread to appear in a list with other threads, then double click the title of your thread on the right-hand side. Do it so you are barely missing the title, otherwise it will take you to the actual thread. Then, you should be able to edit the title.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Pre-order the Vita and get 2 boxes of tampons, 1 pack of M&Ms, a tube of chapstick and a copy of 'The Lake house' on DVD.

Or a $20 Giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Ok I figured this shit out and made a proper edit of the thread title. Yeah, I agree that two boxes of tampons plus a pack of m&ms with a tube of KY jelly and a cheap dvd are of greater value than a 4GB memory stick unless you've just bought a PS Brick and are expecting it to operate like a Vita but the only problem is PS Brick doesn't come with memory...

Free $20 gift card = free booze with preorder

Yes, I know that it's actually a $20 gift card but lets get real that means you can get some booze for free and get drunk for buying a PS Vita

[quote name='Wario64']Free $20 gift card = free booze with preorder

Yes, I know that it's actually a $20 gift card but lets get real that means you can get some booze for free and get drunk for buying a PS Vita[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know that it's actually a $20 gift card but at Walmart it's a piece of worthless plastic. ;)

Retail + Tax = Nearly worthless gift card....even if your tax is as low as 5%, Title might as well read: PS Vita + free 6 pack of your choice @ Target, Free Ship is worthless, unless you want it a week later...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Retail + Tax = Nearly worthless gift card....even if your tax is as low as 5%, Title might as well read: PS Vita + free 6 pack of your choice @ Target, Free Ship is worthless, unless you want it a week later...[/QUOTE]

No tax in Oregon.:)

If you people had any sort of reading comprehension whatsoever, you would not have been misled by the title. Granted, the free 4GB card part didn't need to be in there but anyone who read the title and thought they were getting a 4GB card for free on top of the $20 gift card is a moron.

Anyways, this is getting better, hopefully this motivates other retailers to come up with deals.

If you people had any sort of reading comprehension whatsoever, you would not have been misled by the title. Granted, the free 4GB card part didn't need to be in there but anyone who read the title and thought they were getting a 4GB card for free on top of the $20 gift card is a moron.
Aww shit I guess that's me. If you read that and realized that "free $20 gift card = free 4GB card" meant that you could use the gift card to buy the memory card then you can take my CPA exam for me.

[quote name='iamsmart']Aww shit I guess that's me. If you read that and realized that "free $20 gift card = free 4GB card" meant that you could use the gift card to buy the memory card then you can take my CPA exam for me.[/QUOTE]

You should brush up on equal signs before taking it.

First the Buy.com deal and Now this. All this does is whet my appetite for the Amazon deal. I'm backing to considering buying one on launch.

[quote name='JAlbertL']First the NewEgg deal and Now this. All this does is whet my appetite for the Amazon deal. I'm backing to considering buying one on launch.[/QUOTE]

What newegg deal are you taking about?

My gawd. This is the WORST title i have ever seen!!! I'm going to throw up now. jk

although I actually suspected it when I saw the = sign but had to click to make sure.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Sorry. I meant the Buy.com deal.[/QUOTE]

O OK. I'm probably end up purchasing it somewhere that has a good deal since I don't think Sony is going to drop the price anytime soon. I'm hoping another place has a good deal and I wish they had a wifi bundle

I'm going to co-opt, "Remember the Alamo" and say, "Remember the 3DS."

Friends don't let friends buy launch consoles. Prices drop and rapidly on consoles as overpriced as these. Even the Japanese don't want any of this thing and they loved the PSP more than any other territory. The price of the PS Vita is going to drop and soon after launch. Buying now just guarantees you're going to be complaining when others are going, "Ha ha, remember those idiots who bought this thing before the drop to (whatever, something lower than $250)? Ha ha, let's laugh at them s'more!"

You don't want to be that idiot, do you? Just say no. Wait for the drop. We are CAG'ers. We don't buy at MSRP with piddly gift cards. Piddly gift cards do not a cheap ass make. Embrace the cheapness and the assness and join with the rest of the world in ignoring the PS Vita. Make Sony drop that price sooner!

Remember the 3DS. Never forget. Lest history repeat itself all upside your wallet.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I'm going to co-opt, "Remember the Alamo" and say, "Remember the 3DS."

Friends don't let friends buy launch consoles. Prices drop and rapidly on consoles as overpriced as these. Even the Japanese don't want any of this thing and they loved the PSP more than any other territory. The price of the PS Vita is going to drop and soon after launch. Buying now just guarantees you're going to be complaining when others are going, "Ha ha, remember those idiots who bought this thing before the drop to (whatever, something lower than $250)? Ha ha, let's laugh at them s'more!"

You don't want to be that idiot, do you? Just say no. Wait for the drop. We are CAG'ers. We don't buy at MSRP with piddly gift cards. Piddly gift cards do not a cheap ass make. Embrace the cheapness and the assness and join with the rest of the world in ignoring the PS Vita. Make Sony drop that price sooner!

Remember the 3DS. Never forget. Lest history repeat itself all upside your wallet.[/QUOTE]

With the amazon 3DS deal at launch along with ambassador I would gladly but it again at launch.

How soon do you think Sony will drop the price? Within a year? I don't think so. This might be the first time I purchase a console at launch. Sony is losing money on these and the specs are pretty good for the price. I really want the Vital but I still want some kind of deal

[quote name='JG5253']How soon do you think Sony will drop the price? Within a year? I don't think so. This might be the first time I purchase a console at launch. Sony is losing money on these and the specs are pretty good for the price. I really want the Vital but I still want some kind of deal[/QUOTE]
The price will absolutely drop within a year. The 3DS didn't sell at $250 and neither will this. Not to mention, the outrageous prices for memory cards and some games.

For the record, I think the Vita will be a better system than the 3DS, but Nintendo dominates the handheld market.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']The price will absolutely drop within a year. The 3DS didn't sell at $250 and neither will this. Not to mention, the outrageous prices for memory cards and some games.

For the record, I think the Vita will be a better system than the 3DS, but Nintendo dominates the handheld market.[/QUOTE]

I don't know I really don't want wait that long plus the girlfriend might get it for me for my birthday

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']The price will absolutely drop within a year. The 3DS didn't sell at $250 and neither will this. Not to mention, the outrageous prices for memory cards and some games.

For the record, I think the Vita will be a better system than the 3DS, but Nintendo dominates the handheld market.[/QUOTE]

I can say with 100% confidence that the build cost for the Vita is greater then the build cost for the 3DS. Nintendo was able to drastically reduce the price without going deep in the hole.

They may drop the price but you will not see sub $200 Vita's for quite some time.

[quote name='JG5253']I don't know I really don't want wait that long plus the girlfriend might get it for me for my birthday[/QUOTE]
I don't think you'll have to wait too long. A price drop won't come right away, but I guarantee retailers start offering gift cards and such.

[quote name='GBAstar']I can say with 100% confidence that the build cost for the Vita is greater then the build cost for the 3DS. Nintendo was able to drastically reduce the price without going deep in the hole.

They may drop the price but you will not see sub $200 Vita's for quite some time.[/QUOTE]
It will probably more than 2 years before we see sub $200. I think it will drop to around $200 around September and then not drop for over a year. I don't expect the 3DS to drop for over a year from this point either.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']I don't think you'll have to wait too long. A price drop won't come right away, but I guarantee retailers start offering gift cards and such.

It will probably more than 2 years before we see sub $200. I think it will drop to around $200 around September and then not drop for over a year. I don't expect the 3DS to drop for over a year from this point either.[/QUOTE]

I guess I don't understand your point then. You think a price drop is imminent but not below $200? So why should fans and gamers buy at launch? So they can wait some amount of time to save $50?

I mean God most places have either 30 or even 45 day price guarantee windows. Being able to have a system I was interested in at launch would be worth "risking" (I say that losely) the chance that I may spend $50 more then someone else.

If you want the Vita buy it at launch and enjoy it.

[quote name='GBAstar']I guess I don't understand your point then. You think a price drop is imminent but not below $200? So why should fans and gamers buy at launch? So they can wait some amount of time to save $50?

I mean God most places have either 30 or even 45 day price guarantee windows. Being able to have a system I was interested in at launch would be worth "risking" (I say that losely) the chance that I may spend $50 more then someone else.

If you want the Vita buy it at launch and enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
Oh no no. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't think gift cards will be offered right away. I could see stores offering gift cards after around 3 months of low sales. I don't think the price will drop until September at the earliest.

I agree. If you really want the system, go get it. I was all set to buy one at launch until they put out the memory card prices. Those are just way too high.

I don't think the Vita will sell because people will be reluctant to pay $250 when they can get a 3DS for $80 less. Combine that with the fact that Sony is doing an awful, awful job at marketing this thing, and you have something that probably won't sell well to start off. Look at what it's doing in Japan. Terrible, though I do expect it to sell better here because it's cheaper here than in Japan and the launch lineup is catered to western gamers.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I'm going to co-opt, "Remember the Alamo" and say, "Remember the 3DS."

Remember the 3DS. Never forget. Lest history repeat itself all upside your wallet.[/QUOTE]

This is Sony you are talking about, right? How long before the "overpriced" PS3 saw a drop again? Excactly. Don't expect a price drop on this hardware any time soon. It's already below what I had expected it to launch at so I can't imagine it'll drop anytime within the next year or two. Even then you're looking at probably a max of $50 at that point (IIRC the PSP saw a $20 price drop at first).

I think you may want to crack open your history textbooks and turn to the Sony chapter before you turn to the Nintendo one. Imo, the 3DS was a rare occurrence not likely to be repeated anytime soon. Even if the Vita sells poorly you can bet Sony won't budge on the price.

[quote name='CAGEricho316']It could end up like the 3D display...hehe[/QUOTE]

I actually think there is some validity to this. I want to be clear. I'm buying one. I'm looking forward to it and I hope there are a gazillion games that come out.

Having said that, I do think that there will be incentive deals if it does not sell well after the first week (see Japan) and I do think that given the financial issues Sony is battling, in my opinion (not that I matter ;)), Sony needs this thing to be at least widely accepted if it does not end up being very successful.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Retail + Tax = Nearly worthless gift card....even if your tax is as low as 5%, Title might as well read: PS Vita + free 6 pack of your choice @ Target, Free Ship is worthless, unless you want it a week later...[/QUOTE]

you speak the truth

[quote name='GizmoGC']Pre-order the Vita and get 2 boxes of tampons, 1 pack of M&Ms, a tube of chapstick and a copy of 'The Lake house' on DVD.

Or a $20 Giftcard.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Funny stuff.

[quote name='GBAstar']I guess I don't understand your point then. You think a price drop is imminent but not below $200? So why should fans and gamers buy at launch? So they can wait some amount of time to save $50?

If you want the Vita buy it at launch and enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm thinking also. $50 is really that much of difference for me to wait more than 6 months

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This is Sony you are talking about, right? How long before the "overpriced" PS3 saw a drop again? Excactly. Don't expect a price drop on this hardware any time soon. It's already below what I had expected it to launch at so I can't imagine it'll drop anytime within the next year or two. Even then you're looking at probably a max of $50 at that point (IIRC the PSP saw a $20 price drop at first).

I think you may want to crack open your history textbooks and turn to the Sony chapter before you turn to the Nintendo one. Imo, the 3DS was a rare occurrence not likely to be repeated anytime soon. Even if the Vita sells poorly you can bet Sony won't budge on the price.[/QUOTE]

Well. Only time will tell regarding a price drop. I would not compare the VIta to the PS3 in terms of when a price drop will occur. Different times/economy all over the world and the competition is truly different compared to consoles for a handheld. Then interject the fact the other handheld did make a price drop (3ds) only aids Sony in making a decision that is similar if sales are poor.

Obviously as you point out, Sony's history paints a different picture, but I personally will wait out on this for multiple reasons. First being how much my Amazon bill came to once I added the egregiously priced memory and a game. Then I thought about my 'other' handhelds I own.

[quote name='MfMonster']Well. Only time will tell regarding a price drop. I would not compare the VIta to the PS3 in terms of when a price drop will occur. Different times/economy all over the world and the competition is truly different compared to consoles for a handheld. Then interject the fact the other handheld did make a price drop (3ds) only aids Sony in making a decision that is similar if sales are poor. [/QUOTE]

Excellent points. Also, consider where gaming on the iphone and Android devices was when the PS3 came out. The entire gaming landscape (including the global economy it is functioning in) is different. Companies need to adapt and/or evolve their strategies now more than ever. I'm looking at you Blockbuster.

bread's done
Back