Toy Story Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack >> $24.99 Blu Ray

Fantastic Mr. Fox >>>> $17.99 DVD
Fantastic Mr. Fox >>>> $24.99 Blu Ray

Blind Side >>>> $15.99 DVD
Blind Side >>>> $22.99 Blu Ray

Mad Men >>>> $32.99 DVD or Blu-ray

Credit goes to SAP12690 from Blu-ray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
A Toy Story 3-pack makes for an awesome Xmas season Disney release.. it'll definitely happen, but will i want to wait when i can get 1&2 for $20 total?? probably not. A very successful double-dip strategy.

Ofcourse... trot out 3-D versions and viola triple-dip.

[quote name='xbox_mole']The $3 coupon that's "restricted" at Target to only those 4 movies scanned fine today on PATF.[/QUOTE]

Really? I gotta be sure to try that. Do you think it'll still work for "Old Dogs?" I saw Princess and The Frog. It was okay, but not considered a classic to me like the old animated Disney movies.

Just talked to my buddy who's a Senior Team Lead at his Target. He checked next week's ad for me, and the price of the Toy Story Combo packs is $22.99 each, NOT $19.99. (Chicagoland area)

The $10 off instantly when buying both is legit though. Also includes movie money for TS3 and the DVD-ROM game.

Still, $26 for both (w/$10 savings and both $5 coupons) is still better than full price.....

[quote name='spawnvader']Just talked to my buddy who's a Senior Team Lead at his Target. He checked next week's ad for me, and the price of the Toy Story Combo packs is $22.99 each, NOT $19.99. (Chicagoland area)

The $10 off instantly when buying both is legit though. Also includes movie money for TS3 and the DVD-ROM game.

Still, $26 for both (w/$10 savings and both $5 coupons) is still better than full price.....[/QUOTE]

that sucks :(, well, TRU will beat Target this time. If you buy both together it's $16.99 each (or $33.98 together) then drop with the $5 off coupons down to $23.98.

[quote name='spawnvader']Just talked to my buddy who's a Senior Team Lead at his Target. He checked next week's ad for me, and the price of the Toy Story Combo packs is $22.99 each, NOT $19.99. (Chicagoland area)

Still, $26 for both (w/$10 savings and both $5 coupons) is still better than full price.....[/QUOTE]$22.99 + tax is close to $24.99 w/o tax, so as long as the coupon pans out and is valid, it'll be cheaper to get it at Target or TRU with the $5 off each coupons with the $10 bundle pricing. Time to kill the Amazon pre-orders.

Still, $26 for both (w/$10 savings and both $5 coupons) is still better than full price.....[/QUOTE]
That could also just be a region price as well. Either way I'll be printing out the coupons soon as they hit. My only question is if Target takes the coupons without question or is it a pain depending on who you get?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']That could also just be a region price as well. Either way I'll be printing out the coupons soon as they hit. My only question is if Target takes the coupons without question or is it a pain depending on who you get?[/QUOTE]

I have never had a problem with the Disney coupons at TRU or Target. As long as there an original one you printed you should not have a problem and they should scan just fine.

[quote name='thesis88']How do you know there's going to be a trilogy pack, though? While it's possible to happen, I somehow doubt they'd re-release it again after releasing the ones going on sale next week. People would probably be pissed if that happened. What if the extras from the "Toy Box" are actually added onto the Toy Story 3 Blu-Ray itself?[/QUOTE]

We have already seen a history of double dips (or even triple dips). It would not be hard for the studio to do a box set along with another bonus, but the way things are played, I would not be surprised if certain stores get "exclusives". I have no doubt this will be announced around the time they announce the release date of TS3 on blu ray, which again I suspect a Nov release.

[quote name='megashock5']I'm concerned about this as well and was trying to hold off - but $10 each is going to be tough to pass up. :([/QUOTE]

I would not be surprised if Disney releases a 10 dollar coupon for the trilogy pack.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am debating on getting this now or wait for a trilogy pack sometime in November (if they follow previous release timeframes). Getting it now (with coupons) may be a great deal, however they may be a similar deal IF a trilogy pack comes out (and most likely it will happen). Reports are coming in that there is a lot of stuff missing from the original 2000 "Toy Box" release and some sites are saying if you have that release DO NOT GET RID OF IT. I am thinking that Disney/Pixar might be planning on something BIG for Toy Story later this year which will probably be stuff from the Toy box, the features from the 2005 release and anything else they can toss on a 4th disc (or seven if they do a 2 disc for each movie with the last disc being the bonus stuff)[/QUOTE]

In a worst case scenario, suppose Toy Story 3 is not discounted when it's released. You're looking at the 3 movies costing at most $45. I'm confident that a trilogy bundle will start (regular retail price) at about $60+ and while discounts can be found, I'm not sure you'll see that trilogy hit under $40 anytime soon... plus this isn't factoring in the movie cash. The big question would be... will that trilogy pack have anything you can't get from buying the blu-rays separately ... and my money right now is on "no". I haven't seen Disney do that kind of thing, and in fact I'm not sure any studio has released a trilogy type package that contained more than the individual releases... maybe Fox with the Xmen titles?

[quote name='Scorch']SERIOUSLY? That beats Amazon's deal of both of them for $40.. holy crap. I need to cancel my PO with Amazon! I shot them an e-mail to see if they'll match this ad. I doubt they will, so I will probably pick up both from Target.

Where's the coupon at to get a few more bucks off?[/QUOTE]

$5 off coupons located here :)

[quote name='decon']Only see Toy Story 1 BluRay $5 off US copy. Doesn't have the Toy Story 2 US coupon yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing both of them now. Need to print them tonight at home, Disney's coupon app won't install at work for some reason.

Now what's this about them being $22.99 at some Targets? Guess we'll see when the Sunday paper comes.

[quote name='decon']Only see Toy Story 1 BluRay $5 off US copy. Doesn't have the Toy Story 2 US coupon yet.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I see both for Canada but only TS1 for US.

Toy Story 1&2 deal is damn tempting.

But I have a feeling there will be a nice box set when the 3rd one comes out in Blu.

Had these two pre-ordered on Amazon. Easily canceled the order with Target offering each for $5 less and now the $5 coupons for each. $20 for both Toy Story movies (after $10 discount of buying both) = sold.

[quote name='thesis88']Really? I gotta be sure to try that. Do you think it'll still work for "Old Dogs?" I saw Princess and The Frog. It was okay, but not considered a classic to me like the old animated Disney movies.[/QUOTE]

The "restricted" coupon worked fine for me the previous week on Old Dogs as well along with the Official Disney $10 coupon.

So how does this in-store $10 off thing work? Something Disney is offering through most retailers or just certain store(s)?

[quote name='megashock5']So how does this in-store $10 off thing work? Something Disney is offering through most retailers or just certain store(s)?[/QUOTE]
Amazon, Best Buy, Target, TRU, and the Disney Store are all offering the same $10 off for buying both, so I have a feeling this promo is influenced by Disney.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Even better DMR are offering $10 coupon when you upgrade DVD or VHS. Just go to Disney Movie Reward site.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Wonder how (or if) it will work with the Ultimate Toy Box DVD set. I'll have to try it tonight.

You need the UPC code from the TS1 and TS2 movies to get the coupon for upgrading. I found ti on the Disney site but wasn't able to print coupons. The $5 off coupons were live and printable.

Holy crap, all these coupons are ridiculous.

So outside of the pre-order deals, we've got:

Upgrade2Blu $8 coupon off of TS1 (or TS2...or $8 off each?)

Disney Movie Rewards $10 off one or the other (or both?)

Disney $5 off each

I wonder how many will people be able to use. I remember for the Up and Monsters Inc. releases, getting 4 coupons applied to one or both was not too difficult, at least at Target.

So can I use the $10 and $5 coupon on both movies? making them like 8 bucks each?

I just realized, I forgot to cancel my pre-order from Amazon and it shipped :(

I just realized something... So when you buy both Toy Story blu-rays at target or any other store, you automatically get $10 off, right? In addition to that, there's a $5 coupon you could use for each blu-ray. But doesn't target have a policy where you could only use 1 manufacture coupon? Using both $5 coupon on each movie would obviously amount to 2 manufacture coupons. In other words, will Target allow us to use both those coupons when buying both movies at the same time, or will they only allow us to use one of those $5 coupons?

[quote name='thesis88']I just realized something... So when you buy both Toy Story blu-rays at target or any other store, you automatically get $10 off, right? In addition to that, there's a $5 coupon you could use for each blu-ray. But doesn't target have a policy where you could only use 1 manufacture coupon? Using both $5 coupon on each movie would obviously amount to 2 manufacture coupons. In other words, will Target allow us to use both those coupons when buying both movies at the same time, or will they only allow us to use one of those $5 coupons?[/QUOTE]

it's 1 manufacturers coupon PER ITEM, there are 2 $10 off Toy story coupons out there as well (not just the $5 ones)

[quote name='wormraper']it's 1 manufacturers coupon PER ITEM, there are 2 $10 off Toy story coupons out there as well (not just the $5 ones)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that. By the way, what other $10 coupons are out there besides the $5 ones.

I got the Sunday ads. They come on Saturday if you get the paper delivered. So anyway, Toys R Us is cheapest. Target shows 22.99 and Toys R Us shows 21.99.

Also guys, don't forget the movie money (8.50) off of toy story 3 in each of the movies. This is particularly valuable if you plan on seeing the movie anyway and could lower the actual movie cost to near zero.

Wasn't "Up" advertised at either $22.99 or $24.99 but when it actually came out at Target it was ringing up $19.99?

I think that is what happened and I hope that this will happen again.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Wasn't "Up" advertised at either $22.99 or $24.99 but when it actually came out at Target it was ringing up $19.99?

I think that is what happened and I hope that this will happen again.[/QUOTE]

Up came out at the advertised price when the store opened but a few hours later the price came down to 19.99. There was another movie later that had a similar thing happen but I don't remember what it was.

Looks like TRU with the $10 off coupons will be the route to go come the 23rd. Thanks for the heads up people. Respect.

[quote name='typical guy']Up came out at the advertised price when the store opened but a few hours later the price came down to 19.99. There was another movie later that had a similar thing happen but I don't remember what it was.[/QUOTE]I vaguely remembering it being District 9 or Inglorious Basterds.

Just found via Slickdeals: http://disney.eprize.net/moviereward.../toystory1and2 (WARNING: This page only describes the offer. Click "Home" and log into DMR to take advantage of the offer.)
This is the more traditional Disney upgrade coupon: Log into DMR (join it if you haven't already), enter the UPC from a DVD (or this time, even VHS) copy of TS or TS2 as your "magic code", and get a $10 coupon.

UPCs from the most recent DVD editions:
TS 10th Anniversary Edition: 786936294507
TS2 2-Disc Special Edition: 786936294521
Ultimate Toy Box: 717951005816

UPCs for the VHS toy stories:
Toy story vhs 786936670332
Toy story 2 vhs 786936127683

The coupons are NOW LIVE. As with the $5 coupons, they are separate $10 coupons for TS and TS2; you need UPCs for both films to get links for both coupons. They have the same terms as the $5 coupons (except the expiration date is April 11), so if you buy both BDs you can use both coupons.

Though some have reported the Ultimate Toy Box UPC gets you both coupons, that is YMMV; someone else said they only got TS and not TS2. When you enter it, look for TWO banners on the "success" screen--one for TS, the other for TS2. If that doesn't happen, enter one of the TS2 UPCs above.

I'm only seeing a dollar difference between TRU and Target

I think I'll do Target for 21.99 + 21.99 - 10 in store - 10 coupon - 10 coupon = 15.98

Unless I'm reading all this wrong lol

Anyone have any tips for getting the upc coupons to print? I have tried on 3 different pc's and no go on any of them.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I'm only seeing a dollar difference between TRU and Target

I think I'll do Target for 21.99 + 21.99 - 10 in store - 10 coupon - 10 coupon = 15.98

Unless I'm reading all this wrong lol[/QUOTE]

You might be. Target's actually priced at $22.99 each, so your math would be: 22.99 + 22.99 - 10 in store - 10 coupon - 10 coupon = $16.98

But yes, only a dollar difference, unless you did the Toys R Us pre-order thing.

So is there going to be any way to use both the $5 off and $10 off coupons at the same time?

For example at Toys R Us: $17 + $17 - $10 - $10 - $5 - $5 = $4.

I assume it will be YMMV and depend on how diligent of a cashier you get I suppose. I don't mind paying $14 for both Blu Rays, but damn if I could get them for $4 that would be CAGtastic!

bread's done
Back