Target Weekly Ad: February 28-March 6, 2010 (Blu-ray)

blockbusterdude

CAGiversary!
Courtesy of D head at the blu-ray.com forums:

New Releases:
  • 2012 - $19.99
  • 2012 exclusive 3-disc - $22.99
  • Where The Wild Things Are - $19.99
  • Ponyo - $24.99
  • Alice - $19.99
$13 each:
  • Wolverine
  • Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs
  • National Treasure
  • Pirates Of The Carribean: At Worlds End
  • The Kingdom
  • & selected others

[quote name='Penguin1084']Is there any way to know what the "selected others" are without going to the store?

I have so many Upgrade2Blu coupons and since they expire, I wouldn't want to print them and not use them (if I were to assume that movies like the second National Treasure would be the same price)[/QUOTE]

FLOL, this is *EXACTLY* the question I was hoping to get answered this morning. I figured some east coast CAGGY already braved the weather to deliver news to us. Looks like we're going to have to request for volunteers to get us the intel.

I'm going to have to ask my friend how he got the 3 POTC upgrade coupons so damn fast...no way did he send away for them 2+ months ago. For some strange reason I don't think I'll be able to get them in time for this week's sale, if I send in for the coupons tomorrow:lol::roll:.

[quote name='Penguin1084']Is there any way to know what the "selected others" are without going to the store?

I have so many Upgrade2Blu coupons and since they expire, I wouldn't want to print them and not use them (if I were to assume that movies like the second National Treasure would be the same price)[/QUOTE]

I wish I had seen this post before I went to Target this morning. Unfortunately I don't remember many of the movies on sale, but it looks like the ones that are on sale are on sale on Target's website: http://www.target.com/Blu-ray-Movie...&searchPage=1&rh=tgt_17:Blu-ray&searchSize=30

That's sorting all the Blu Ray movies by price lowest to highest and starting on Page 4 you can see some of the "other selections" of movies for $13.00. For those too lazy to look, all the Pirates movies ARE on sale for $13.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I wish I had seen this post before I went to Target this morning. Unfortunately I don't remember many of the movies on sale, but it looks like the ones that are on sale are on sale on Target's website: http://www.target.com/Blu-ray-Movie...&searchPage=1&rh=tgt_17:Blu-ray&searchSize=30

That's sorting all the Blu Ray movies by price lowest to highest and starting on Page 4 you can see some of the "other selections" of movies for $13.00. For those too lazy to look, all the Pirates movies ARE on sale for $13.[/QUOTE]

thanks for this.

I was mainly curious if the national treasure 2 blu was also $13, which it is. They'll do nicely with my upgrade2blu coupons :)

Thanks for the link.

Here's the full list of $13 blus, at least according to the Target website. And while I know the DVD2Blu coupons have unique UPCs, I've gotten the unique UPCs to work multiple times at stores previously, so if anyone happens to have the 3 for the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and would be kind enough to scan them and post them somewhere, I would greatly appreciate it. That said...

Target Blus for $13 (looks like a lot of the same old, same old that's already been on sale/discounted many places):

Big Trouble in Little China
POTC 1, 2, and 3
Ice Age 3
My Life in Ruins
The Kingdom
Gone in 60 Seconds (Nicolas Cage)
Serenity
National Treasure 1, 2
Knocked Up
AvP: Requiem
Deja Vu
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
I Love you, Beth Cooper
Fast & the Furious LE (w/ Digital Copy)
Hitch
He's Just Not That In To You
American Gangster
Aliens in the Attic

Is there a way to get an instant coupon from this Disney DVD2Blu program? I just bought Pirates yesterday and would be willing to return it and apply the coupon but it looks like I have to mail off the DVD tab and then get the coupon via e-mail. I doubt I'll get that before the sale ends though

[quote name='metallicoholic']Is there a way to get an instant coupon from this Disney DVD2Blu program? I just bought Pirates yesterday and would be willing to return it and apply the coupon but it looks like I have to mail off the DVD tab and then get the coupon via e-mail. I doubt I'll get that before the sale ends though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you and I are screwed as far as using them on this sale goes, LOL. But no doubt these will continue to be discounted all over the place. Best Buy has had them around this price, amazon and Target. It's going to happen again.

Anybody knows if "Where the wild things are" is the single disc BR or the BR+DVD+Digital copy combo pack? Saw the combo pack from Buy.com..

[quote name='goengland']Anybody knows if "Where the wild things are" is the single disc BR or the BR+DVD+Digital copy combo pack? Saw the combo pack from Buy.com..[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I think it might just be. The Target ad indicates the $19.99 WTWTA is a Blu + DVD combo, while Best Buy's price is $26.99:roll: and indicates it's Blu + DVD + Digital Copy. I'm speculating all versions are the same at this point. Especially since Amazon only lists one version on Blu.

I just don't know if it's worth getting...heard some pretty negative stuff about it, and the book is pretty beloved as far as I'm concerned. Loved the trailer though.

I'm completely torn on this one.

As far as 2012 goes though, I bit the bullet...I rented it for a buck on Redbox:D. I've enjoyed a lot of Emmerich's previous works, though not enough to purchase them for more than say $5 a pop. Except for ID4 and Stargate, I mean come on.

Oh fuck it, I'm such a sucker for his shit. While I've been trying to be substantially more selective in my BluRay purchases/collection, snobby/snooty movie aficionado in me be damned.

Wanna get this since my son loves the book. Although i know there is mix review for the movie..

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, I think it might just be. The Target ad indicates the $19.99 WTWTA is a Blu + DVD combo, while Best Buy's price is $26.99:roll: and indicates it's Blu + DVD + Digital Copy. I'm speculating all versions are the same at this point. Especially since Amazon only lists one version on Blu.

I just don't know if it's worth getting...heard some pretty negative stuff about it, and the book is pretty beloved as far as I'm concerned. Loved the trailer though.

I'm completely torn on this one.

As far as 2012 goes though, I bit the bullet...I rented it for a buck on Redbox:D. I've enjoyed a lot of Emmerich's previous works, though not enough to purchase them for more than say $5 a pop. Except for ID4 and Stargate, I mean come on.

Oh fuck it, I'm such a sucker for his shit. While I've been trying to be substantially more selective in my BluRay purchases/collection, snobby/snooty movie aficionado in me be damned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karkyco']As far as 2012 goes though, I bit the bullet...I rented it for a buck on Redbox:D. I've enjoyed a lot of Emmerich's previous works, though not enough to purchase them for more than say $5 a pop. Except for ID4 and Stargate, I mean come on.

Oh fuck it, I'm such a sucker for his shit. While I've been trying to be substantially more selective in my BluRay purchases/collection, snobby/snooty movie aficionado in me be damned.[/QUOTE]

I rented 2012 from redbox today as well. I like John Cusack and I think that's Amanda Peet in it (too lazy to look it up and can't really tell from the previews I've seen). If so, I like her too. Just not sure about end of the world type movies. At the very least, it might make for some unexpected laughs like "The Day After Tomorrow".

Otherwise, is Ponyo worth a blind buy at $15 after coupon? I'm always so tempted to buy stuff just because it's on sale....

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']I rented 2012 from redbox today as well. I like John Cusack and I think that's Amanda Peet in it (too lazy to look it up and can't really tell from the previews I've seen). If so, I like her too. Just not sure about end of the world type movies. At the very least, it might make for some unexpected laughs like "The Day After Tomorrow".

Otherwise, is Ponyo worth a blind buy at $15 after coupon? I'm always so tempted to buy stuff just because it's on sale....[/QUOTE]

In terms of Ponyo, I'm guessing that if you really liked his other work like Mr. Howl's Castle, then you'll like this.

And yes it's Amanda Peet - and I also like her and Cusack, though I'm sure this was just a paycheck for them. Plus, I'm really torn because I saw the 5-10 minutes of the drive to the Santa Monica airport scene & flying out of LA, which is not only ridiculously absurd on an Armageddon-scale, but is also so geographically inaccurate it really irks the fuck out of me. Being that I'm an Angelino, born and reared, and live on the GD west SIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEDE, so it pains me to see such mistakes. Like playing True Crime: LA, totally incorrect.

[quote name='goengland']Anybody knows if "Where the wild things are" is the single disc BR or the BR+DVD+Digital copy combo pack? Saw the combo pack from Buy.com..[/QUOTE]

It's the :br:/DVD/Digital pack

I was able to get WTWTA for $19.99 at BB. I had them PM Target and I went to the Target website and went to the Sun. ad. Then I went to the page with WTWTA and if you hover over the movie it says "print" in a box to the lower left. If you do it that way instead of looking it up on the site it will show that it's from the Sun. ad and the price.

Okay so I had a family member run to get 2012 for me today. I wanted the 2 disc version from Target that was $22.99. In the ad it said there was a Target Exclusive documentary special, but the version that they got for me doesn't have any Target Exclusive sticker on it. Can anyone confirm that the versions should have the Target sticker so I can check to see if any are left when I can get there over the weekend?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Okay so I had a family member run to get 2012 for me today. I wanted the 2 disc version from Target that was $22.99. In the ad it said there was a Target Exclusive documentary special, but the version that they got for me doesn't have any Target Exclusive sticker on it. Can anyone confirm that the versions should have the Target sticker so I can check to see if any are left when I can get there over the weekend?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went today, and saw this. It has a slipcover and mentioned the documentary, making it a 3-Disc edition, and says so on the cover. Sorry I dont' have a picture, but I did notice it passing through.

[quote name='pk24']Yeah I went today, and saw this. It has a slipcover and mentioned the documentary, making it a 3-Disc edition, and says so on the cover. Sorry I dont' have a picture, but I did notice it passing through.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have to hope they still have some when I get there this weekend.

anyone know if battlestar galactica season 4.0 is 16.99? I just bought 4.5... im wondering if i should run to other tagets today and try to find one..

I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to pick up National Treasure 1 & 2 on Blu-ray. They were just sitting on the shelf for $13, and I hesitated to buy them due to the fact that I had recently just bought 500 Days of Summer and Night at the Museum 2 the previous week. I doubt that both movies are still selling for $13 now... :whistle2:( Do you guys think National Treasure 1 & 2 will ever be on sale again for $13?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Those go on sale fairly often; you may have to wait a while but most "really good" BR prices seem to loop back around after a few months.

[quote name='Burchamj']anyone know if battlestar galactica season 4.0 is 16.99? I just bought 4.5... im wondering if i should run to other tagets today and try to find one..[/QUOTE]

4.0 does not exist on Blu-ray for individual sale. Only Season 1 and 4.5. Season 2 comes out in April.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like if the Ponyo $10 off coupon pans out, we can get it for $14.99 AC.[/QUOTE]

umm not to be a bother but what coupon???

[quote name='toxicinzanity']umm not to be a bother but what coupon???[/QUOTE]

The Ponyo coupon was on Disney's website, but it is now expired. Check the coupon thread.

[quote name='xbox_mole']The Ponyo coupon was on Disney's website, but it is now expired. Check the coupon thread.[/QUOTE]

thnx mate......
well seeing as im desperate for a movie is wtwa worth it cuz im picking up ff13 there and thats a $10 giftcard so 10$ off right there.

[quote name='xbox_mole']The Ponyo coupon was on Disney's website, but it is now expired. Check the coupon thread.[/QUOTE]Coupon isn't expired, it expires tomorrow. The $24.99 sale price is, however.

[quote name='shrike4242']Coupon isn't expired, it expires tomorrow. The $24.99 sale price is, however.[/QUOTE]

you cant get the coupon off the original site though thats the issue...
doe anyone have a coupon that they would be willing to scan for the greater good of my little brother and sister please :D

[quote name='thesis88']I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to pick up National Treasure 1 & 2 on Blu-ray. They were just sitting on the shelf for $13, and I hesitated to buy them due to the fact that I had recently just bought 500 Days of Summer and Night at the Museum 2 the previous week. I doubt that both movies are still selling for $13 now... :whistle2:( Do you guys think National Treasure 1 & 2 will ever be on sale again for $13?[/QUOTE]

I think that's their price going into April.

bread's done
Back