Target will start Price Matching. B&M only starting 7.12.09 w. proof only.

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Got this from SD thanx to Stratrt829

"Target Price Match! B&M only Starting July 12th, Target will start to Price Match.
It will be announced in this upcoming weeks ad.

This was discussed a while back on slickdeals, but was only for a couple stores.

This is for stores only and not for Target.com

Does not include clearence items, special purchase, bundles, etc

Must have a copy of the competitors ad and it has to be for the exact item. (Copies, cell phone images, etc. will not work...must be the exact ad from the store/Sunday paper)

To answer some questions...
They are price matching any local retailer.

So if you have a best buy around your target, then yes.

If there is no local...I dunno...Staples around, then they would not honor their prices...seems logical.

You have 7 days after you purchase something to go back and get an adjustment if you find it cheaper else where.

This should answer those questions... "

[quote name='Vortextk']I wonder if I can find that 6pack of underwear any cheaper locally, get them adjusted ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to get lifetime warranty, :lol:.

This isn't a deal!

Jk, thanks for the heads up. Can't see myself using this much, but it could be useful.

Do you know if the competitor has to have the item in stock?

So much for the TC's avatar. I never heard of this one I hope it's true? Finally some other place I can PM after all CC closing down, TRU no longer PMing and all

^THAT! The nearest Gamestop is next door to my Target. It might literally be faster to walk over and show them their prices.

And what about things without ads? Can they call and ask? Fry's always has a lot of random deals that aren't advertised. I usually PM at Best Buy since I get Rewards Points but Target is right next to my house...

[quote name='Vortextk']I wonder if I can find that 6pack of underwear any cheaper locally, get them adjusted ;)[/QUOTE]
What ad will have underwear? :p

Nice!

Needing the actual store ad is pretty stupid though. If I have to go to the store to get the flyer, I might as well just get it there. Print-outs of the online ad should be allowed, otherwise it is just kind of stupid and pointless unless you have a gift card or something you want to use up.

Boy I miss Circuit City. I probably could have gone in their with a coupon I made myself using crayons and a sheet of toilet paper and they'd do a price match.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Nice!

Needing the actual store ad is pretty stupid though. If I have to go to the store to get the flyer, I might as well just get it there. Print-outs of the online ad should be allowed, otherwise it is just kind of stupid and pointless unless you have a gift card or something you want to use up.

Boy I miss Circuit City. I probably could have gone in their with a coupon I made myself using crayons and a sheet of toilet paper and they'd do a price match.[/QUOTE]

The ads come straight to my home in the Sunday newspaper. I don't know about where you live, but stores in my area (including the recently deceased CC) have always required print ads to pricematch anyway.

[quote name='rapsodist']The ads come straight to my home in the Sunday newspaper. I don't know about where you live, but stores in my area (including the recently deceased CC) have always required print ads to pricematch anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the paper. I've never had any trouble at BB, Sears, Walmart, or CC with just using a good print-out of the Sunday ad page.

Cool though having to bring in the actual ad sucks, I have shown the ad on my iphone tons of times at Best Buy and Sears. Sears is best place to price match when they have the item in stock since they match it and take 10% off.

Knowing how clueless walmart employees been about PMing they only take physical ad's in my experience. Good luck with PMing with an online print out if you try to do this at Target

Got this from SD thanx to Stratrt829
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Wow its about time. But seriously companies need to get with the times regarding online price matching. I don't know about you guys but we have local newspapers going out of business left and right and at the current rate ads are a lot easier to grab online.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']If I'm not mistaken, these $6 DVDs are not in any sort of paper ad. You won't be able to PM.[/QUOTE]

Not yet. They'll be in the Big Lots paper ad on the 12th (the same day that Target starts PMing). I highly doubt they'll match BL, being a closout store, but since the PM policies are "new" again, employees probably won't know which they can and can't, so long as it's a local competitor's ad.

Also: The BL ad will only show a sampling of some of the box sets like they do with every DVD-style sale, so it'll all depend on which ones they show whether it will really be worthwhile or not...

Curious to see how this affects their sale prices. One of the primary reasons stores use price matching is so they don't have to compete with other stores on price. For example, if Target didn't have price matching and thought Best Buy was going to have a new movie on sale for between $9 and $12, they might advertise a price of $9 to ensure they had the lowest price. With pricematching, they can just charge $12 and still avoid the risk of Best Buy having a lower price.

[quote name='japaki']Circuit City, in my area, was always overpriced, dvds, movies, hell even TVs.. I'm pissing on it's grave right now..[/QUOTE]

Not me, they may have been overpriced but they kept everyone else in line.
Have you seen how lame the Best Buy ads have been since?

Anyway, back to topic, I would be happy if Target would price match themselves.
I bought an expensive vacuum cleaner from them that was on sale the next week.
They made me physically return the item and buy a new one at the lower price.
Instead of just refunding me the difference.

There's a big catch to this. They're only doing it for 7 days after the purchase. 30 days is the standard. The timeframe is so short that this won't be as good as people think.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Sears is best place to price match when they have the item in stock since they match it and take 10% off.[/QUOTE]

In my area Sears is the WORST place to PM; They have to call a manager over which often takes 10-15 minutes. I've tried to PM in the North Hollywood Sears a few times and it always takes about 45 minutes to get in and out, although the store is empty.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']
Do you know if the competitor has to have the item in stock?[/QUOTE]

That's my question too, most PM policies are useless because the item needs to be in stock at the other store (which most of the time in my area it is not)

Oh DesertEagleXIX nice avatar 50 cal. ?

[quote name='neocisco']There's a big catch to this. They're only doing it for 7 days after the purchase. 30 days is the standard. The timeframe is so short that this won't be as good as people think.[/QUOTE]Ouch. That would work only for the following week's ad, nothing more. Plus, if you bought it on a Sunday, you'd only have until Saturday after the purchase to PM. That would negate the next week's ad being usable for a PM. Guess if you want to PM someone else's ad, don't buy it on a Sunday.

I wonder if this will make them more competitive with their ads versus Best Buy and Walmart, or the reverse.

The 7 days sucks, but it's better than nothing. It helps if you're going to Target anyway, but probably won't change much for deal hunters, which is probably exactly what they were trying for.

[quote name='FadeToOne']They didn't price match before? That seems odd, but I suppose I never tried.[/QUOTE]

I remember the first time I tried to PM at Target... they gave me a blank stare like, "whaaaaa...?". I was stunned to learn that they don't price match. I understand that small businesses don't PM but I couldn't believe a big retailer like Target doesn't do it.

I wonder if Kmart PMs... that's one place I never tried to PM something.:whistle2:k

Hey have been doing PMs at the Denver Targets. Here's my experience so far. You need the physical print ad (not printouts etc) and print ad ONLY. They will not check competitor's websites/call store etc for you. PM must be done within 7 days of purchasing from Target and the ad must be current. At some stores, the CS will do the PM. Others, the manager only does it. I went to a store to PM the BB $10 game pricing on one of the wii games and the manager tried to give me crap that it was a different item etc. After much argument, he reluctantly gave me the PM. No problems PMing at the other store. They even PM grocery sales which is nice.

[quote name='kart007k']

Does not include clearence items...[/QUOTE]

/thread

Thanks for the info, OP. It would've been nice to be able to PM clearance prices after a drop instead of attempting to do a YMMV return/rebuy. Without CC to pm and the 7-day window, this policy has much less meaning.

bread's done
Back