(TARGET)YMMV Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 19.99$!

Is this still available?
After checking the store locator, I went yesterday to the only target in my area that still had a copy in stock. I picked up the last copy they had. It was still in the plastic display case with a 19.99 price tag underneath it that said price drop. It really does look like a permanent price drop at target. They are probably clearancing it out and won't be stocking it anymore so if your target still has a copy go pick it up! It should still be 19. 99.

After checking the store locator, I went yesterday to the only target in my area that still had a copy in stock. I picked up the last copy they had. It was still in the plastic display case with a 19.99 price tag underneath it that said price drop. It really does look like a permanent price drop at target. They are probably clearancing it out and won't be stocking it anymore so if your target still has a copy go pick it up! It should still be 19. 99.
Thanks! Will do.

Oshkosh has 2 copies left. My girlfriend bought one today. We just moved from GB or else she would've bought an ashwaubenon one lol
I haven't even looked at the east side Target yet. Ashwaubenon is just on the way home from UWGB and I was there looking for something else when oh hey $20 Zelda.

Out of stock in miami lakes, bird road, and dadeland south.

I did find a copy of Nintendo Selects city folk at the bird road location. I was looking at all the wii price tags to see if I might find a skyward sword hiding somewhere when I saw city folk. I was a bit surprised but very happy.
Come up to Broward. Coral Springs, Lauderhill, Deerfield, and Pines had some left.

They let babies name the towns over there. I live in Washabababubulala.
I have cousins who live in Wauwatosa lol that's pretty close to washabababubulala. I don't think Green Bay is that odd of a name lol and Ashwaubenon is technically where Lambeau Field is lol the Target is right up the road.

ARE YOU GUYS EVEN SPEAKING ENGLISH? Wth... who is naming those towns!
Wisconsin town names are typically either German, French or Indian, I've found.

I have cousins who live in Wauwatosa lol that's pretty close to washabababubulala. I don't think Green Bay is that odd of a name lol and Ashwaubenon is technically where Lambeau Field is lol the Target is right up the road.
Actually, Lambeau is juuuuuuust inside Green Bay city limits. Like, the Ashwaubenon sign is less than a block up the road from Lambeau as you're headed towards Target.

If anyone would be willing to grab an extra for cost+ shipping let me know. My area has been cleaned out. One of the last Wii games I need for my collection.

I'm not a fan of Zelda myself, but since most places are phasing out Wii games, I'll probably pick this up if it's available/on clearance at any of my Targets

I was going to go to Hartford today to grab some and make a Cheesecake Factory trip...  Almost every store around that area had stock earlier this week, now they're all cleared out.  :(((

I stopped at my Target a few days ago and this was still marked $49.99. Does it just ring up at the $19.99 price?
It should I got one on Monday and it Saturday so should still be 19.99 since it same week still but either way at the age of the game I would be pretty confident this is permanent price drop especially with the new zelda game on wii u out now

Just picked up a copy at the Target off of Wendover in Greensboro NC. They had two more copy's if any local CAG's are interested. They are the display copy's and are not really mint looking though. One had the plastic coming off, the other had a small tear on the back of the cover. Rang up $19.99 . I already had a copy, but sealed Zelda games hold value and make for good trade bait later on.

Just picked this up!  Had no idea there was a promotion going on and I just stumbled across it.  I might pick one more up tonight to just keep sealed in my collection.

This was at the Target on Polaris Parkway in Columbus, OH and there were 4 left when I left.

Last edited by a moderator:
where are you guys finding these? On clearancce shelves? I checked 2 near me and didn't see any in the cases or the 19.99 wall of games

the online inventory locator works. the super target near me had the only copies within 200 miles. no copies at best buy or walmart so take advantage

This reminds me of best buy clearancing out metroid trilogy CE for $19.99. I was able to get the last one, but the employee told me that someone clear the rest out. A year later, it was going for $80+.

Not sure if zelda would do that, but only time will tell

Sucks I missed this deal.. anyone know if this deal is still going on? Its kind of under the radar similar to those Best Buy deals that are random and not advertised in ads.

None of my stores carry this unfortunately. If someone is willing to pick this up for me, I'd pay exact cost + shipping + a little extra for your effort.

None of my stores carry this unfortunately. If someone is willing to pick this up for me, I'd pay exact cost + shipping + a little extra for your effort.
They might as well, the flippers at Amazon are probably only making $5 after fees and shipping.

I went and picked one up.  They had about 20, but I wasn't going to buy any extra since I live in Hawaii and shipping would destroy my soul.

I went and picked one up. They had about 20, but I wasn't going to buy any extra since I live in Hawaii and shipping would destroy my soul.
First Class mail costs the same from anywhere, about three bucks to mail one of these from Hawaii to New York.

EDIT: With the music CD and tracking it might be closer to four.

Actually they are making around $15 after fees..

So if anyone wants a copy, Ill send them one for $35 shipped.
Here you go:

Product Name: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD

ASIN: B002BSC54I

Condition: New Condition Note: --

Your price: $35.49 Quantity: 1

Your shipping methods: Standard Shipping Amazon fees (if sold): $7.66

for Standard Shipping Shipping credit (if sold): $3.99

for Standard Shipping Total you will receive (if sold): $31.82 for Standard Shipping

It'll cost $2.xx to ship probably and Pro Merchants will get $1 extra. Don't forget that some of these people paid tax on top of the $19.99.

Here you go:

Product Name: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD
ASIN: B002BSC54I
Condition: New Condition Note: --
Your price: $35.49 Quantity: 1
Your shipping methods: Standard Shipping Amazon fees (if sold): $7.66
for Standard Shipping Shipping credit (if sold): $3.99
for Standard Shipping Total you will receive (if sold): $31.82 for Standard Shipping

It'll cost $2.xx to ship probably and Pro Merchants will get $1 extra. Don't forget that some of these people paid tax on top of the $19.99.
From my experience with this game on ebay
Sell for 39.94
9% store ebay fee 3.59
2.9% + .30 paypal fee 1.45
6 oz shipping 2.25
Cost of game with nc tax and 5% red card 20.36
Profit is $12.29

Hey guys, I found some copies at one of my stores today.  I have no problem going back and picking up copies for anyone that needs them.  As long as you cover the game, shipping, and a little extra for my trouble.  

I went to a store today that had 9 copies.... yes nine. They were all in the back stock room. There was a Skyward Sword placeholder on the shelf that I found. It was marked $49.99 and it had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 for the Wii sitting in the spot. :wall:

They let me buy two. One's for me and I'm waiting to hear back from a friend about the third one. He's a huge zelda fan, but doesn't have a Wii-U or even a 3DS, so I'm assuming he most likely has Skyward Sword. He's given me old games before, so I owe him to at least ask if he wants me extra copy. I tried to buy more copies for CAGs, but the target employee told me I could come back another day to buy more. I overheard him saying to another employee in the stock room "It's discontinued." Hopefully he wants to put the copies out on the floor with the correct $19.99 price. Hopefully he's not buying the other 6 to eBay them. :^o

Is there a two game limit at Target? I didn't argue with him at all. I was just happy they had any in stock. One of my friends was telling me that I should have asked to talk to a manager. I just wanted to get home and eat dinner and didn't want to make a fuss (or look like I was El Hoardo). Oh yeah, I was also very happy because they had a new copy of Pikmin 2 for $19.99 :D/ ....This was a weird far away Target store that apparently not a lot of gamers shop at.

If anyone wants me to go back for more, please PM me. I'll go this weekend (it's about a 2 hour drive round trip). I'm just asking $25 paypal ($19.99+tax+shipping+bubble mailer+ .24 cent donation to college fund :whistle2:k ) or I'm open to trades. I'm assuming I can only buy 2 more at a time (if they still even have any of the 6 copies in stock).

I went to a store today that had 9 copies.... yes nine. They were all in the back stock room. There was a Skyward Sword placeholder on the shelf that I found. It was marked $49.99 and it had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 for the Wii sitting in the spot. :wall:

They let me buy two. One's for me and I'm waiting to hear back from a friend about the third one. He's a huge zelda fan, but doesn't have a Wii-U or even a 3DS, so I'm assuming he most likely has Skyward Sword. He's given me old games before, so I owe him to at least ask if he wants me extra copy. I tried to buy more copies for CAGs, but the target employee told me I could come back another day to buy more. I overheard him saying to another employee in the stock room "It's discontinued." Hopefully he wants to put the copies out on the floor with the correct $19.99 price. Hopefully he's not buying the other 6 to eBay them. :^o

Is there a two game limit at Target? I didn't argue with him at all. I was just happy they had any in stock. One of my friends was telling me that I should have asked to talk to a manager. I just wanted to get home and eat dinner and didn't want to make a fuss (or look like I was El Hoardo). Oh yeah, I was also very happy because they had a new copy of Pikmin 2 for $19.99 :D/ ....This was a weird far away Target store that apparently not a lot of gamers shop at.

If anyone wants me to go back for more, please PM me. I'll go this weekend (it's about a 2 hour drive round trip). I'm just asking $25 paypal ($19.99+tax+shipping+bubble mailer+ .24 cent donation to college fund :whistle2:k ) or I'm open to trades. I'm assuming I can only buy 2 more at a time (if they still even have any of the 6 copies in stock).
no such limit. their handheld pda/pdt/rf probably shows status as "discontinued" meaning they are not getting anymore.

that could mean anything, but target specifically will not get anymore white box copies with the music cd.

i'm kind of expecting a new batch of "Nintendo Selects" i don't know if i remember correctly but i think there were only two "batches" of nintendo select releases all of which are hard to find now and kind of defeats the purpose of Nintendo's attempt at "greatest hits" packing

I haven't never heard of a limit at target and bought multiples of stuff before usually when employees at store tell me stuff like that I always tell them to show me where in store policy it say that and if they can't show it they can't enforce it I could be wrong though but I never had that issue before with limits at target

Target does not have a limit. I picked up 12 at one store (box in the back room) and 5 at another. My friend picked up the 3 floor copies from the store with 12, I suppose that I was kind enough to let him have them ;)

I haven't never heard of a limit at target and bought multiples of stuff before usually when employees at store tell me stuff like that I always tell them to show me where in store policy it say that and if they can't show it they can't enforce it I could be wrong though but I never had that issue before with limits at target
Wow, that pisses me off. I took just took the guy's word for it too. I have a feeling maybe he looked it up on ebay on his phone and decided he wanted to flip them. He was in the back room for around 15 minutes.

Unless he just wants to put them out on the floor to give other people a chance to buy them. I'm probably too much of a pessimist to believe this though.

Edit: I see that one just sold on ebay for a lot because it was listed as NOT including the music cd. LOL, is the version without the music cd actually that rare?

The target in Clinton township, MI had 4 and I bought 1 at about 2:30 for anybody in the area! Had one already tucked away with the wiimote so I finally get to play it! Woohoo!
Ooo a real local local. :boxing:

Guess that confirms I need to go grab one if they're still in stock.

Wow, that pisses me off. I took just took the guy's word for it too. I have a feeling maybe he looked it up on ebay on his phone and decided he wanted to flip them. He was in the back room for around 15 minutes.

Unless he just wants to put them out on the floor to give other people a chance to buy them. I'm probably too much of a pessimist to believe this though.

Edit: I see that one just sold on ebay for a lot because it was listed as NOT including the music cd. LOL, is the version without the music cd actually that rare?
never seen one of those in the wild or knew they existed, even the sealed one that comes in the wii remote bundle doesnt say it has the music cd on the cover but includes it anyway

saw the one he was talking about, came out of canada and was new sealed no music cd.

noticed recently that stuff sold out of canada on ebay goes for more than usual US prices
Probably because they've been getting slightly different variations of a lot of stuff lately but mostly in English and compatible with US stuff.

bread's done
Back