Target’s annual 50% off video games sale Octopath Traveler $29.99

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Haven’t seen this posted but Target does this every year for 80% of their games. This is in store only. Some notable games I found at my local Target were

Octopath Traveler Switch $29.99

New Super Luckys Tale Switch $19.99

Genesis Classics Switch $14.99

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove Switch $19.99

Little Hope PS4 $14.99

Contra Rogue Corps Switch and PS4 $9.99

‘Each Target will probably have different games so post anything you find 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a Xbox one x
The report reveals a 720p resolution on base Xbox One, compared to around 972p on the standard PS4

PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X both run at 1080p

In fact, it’s the framerate that sets the base consoles apart from their upgrades. The worst framerate is seen on base Xbox One, with dips to mid-40s in missions without much activity.

Took a long trip to a Target that shows they have Octopath Traveler in-stock but when I got there, I found nothing. Spent half an hour digging through the aisle bins and even got a guy look in the locked cases. What a waste of time.

Just trying to make myself feel better telling myself it'll eventually drop to $20 as most Square-Enix games always do.

Took a long trip to a Target that shows they have Octopath Traveler in-stock but when I got there, I found nothing. Spent half an hour digging through the aisle bins and even got a guy look in the locked cases. What a waste of time.

Just trying to make myself feel better telling myself it'll eventually drop to $20 as most Square-Enix games always do.
Did you have them look up the dpci?

You should have asked the employee to check backstock. They can also see the date that an item was last delivered to the store. If it was very recent (within the last couple to several days), it's going to be more tedious and time-consuming for them to search.

I found the following games for Xbox One for $9.99 (thanks, OP)!

Ace Combat 7

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Kingdom Hearts III

I scanned a bunch of games on the value shelf, and I saw Devil May Cry 5.  It scanned for $14.99, but since I still haven't played Devil May Cry 4, I passed on it.

They had 2 bids and white stickers already priced with the 50%.

These are the ones I recall:

NBA 2k20 $19.99

World War Z xbox one $9.99

NHL 19 $9.99

some kind of anime fighting game xbox one $19.99

Nioh 2 PS4 $9.99 (Note: A GOTY is coming Feb 2021)

Uncharted Legacy $9.99

I picked up ace combat 7 for ps4 $9.99. Is this worth getting? Which console PS4/Xbox One is it better on?
Ace Combat 7 is on GP. You can try it to see if you like it.

X1

Rock of Ages III  207-32-0283  $14.99

PixARK  207-32-1941  $9.99

Megaman 11  207-32-1931 $9.99

NS

Lego Ninjago  207-30-1754  $9.99

SNK Heroines  207-30-7040  $24.99

The World Ends with You  20730-7041  $24.99

Thanks for the post, was able to get Super Lucky's Tale for $20. The employee was trying to get me to flip,"We got 2 in the back, you want both, you sure?", good times lol

Thanks but with it being one of their smaller stores, I was wondering if the employee even knows if they even have a backstock.  I don't think I will be making another trip down there as I was only there as I had other things to do and am really hoping there will be a pricedrop down to $20 some day soon.

Saw a few copy of Monster Hunter Generations for Switch though for about $16 though which I picked up a copy a couple of days ago at one of the big Target stores along with 2 $10 games- Puyo Puyo Tetris and Katamari Damarcy Reroll for Switch and even got them to give me the $17.99 clearance price for Persona 5 Royal Edition Steelbook even though it's no longer in their system anymore.  I got real lucky on that last one that a Steelbook copy could exist at any store near me at this point.  Just no luck on this latest shopping trip though.

Thanks but with it being one of their smaller stores, I was wondering if the employee even knows if they even have a backstock. I don't think I will be making another trip down there as I was only there as I had other things to do and am really hoping there will be a pricedrop down to $20 some day soon.

Saw a few copy of Monster Hunter Generations for Switch though for about $16 though which I picked up a copy a couple of days ago at one of the big Target stores along with 2 $10 games- Puyo Puyo Tetris and Katamari Damarcy Reroll for Switch and even got them to give me the $17.99 clearance price for Persona 5 Royal Edition Steelbook even though it's no longer in their system anymore. I got real lucky on that last one that a Steelbook copy could exist at any store near me at this point. Just no luck on this latest shopping trip though.
when they put the dpci in their pda, it should tell them where the game is located. ie in the back or on the floor

Thanks but with it being one of their smaller stores, I was wondering if the employee even knows if they even have a backstock. I don't think I will be making another trip down there as I was only there as I had other things to do and am really hoping there will be a pricedrop down to $20 some day soon.

Saw a few copy of Monster Hunter Generations for Switch though for about $16 though which I picked up a copy a couple of days ago at one of the big Target stores along with 2 $10 games- Puyo Puyo Tetris and Katamari Damarcy Reroll for Switch and even got them to give me the $17.99 clearance price for Persona 5 Royal Edition Steelbook even though it's no longer in their system anymore. I got real lucky on that last one that a Steelbook copy could exist at any store near me at this point. Just no luck on this latest shopping trip though.
If you don't wanna make the trip pointless why don't you just call ahead and speak to electronics with that dcpi..... Then they could hold it or you can at lease know it's there

If you don't wanna make the trip pointless why don't you just call ahead and speak to electronics with that dcpi..... Then they could hold it or you can at lease know it's there
It would have been nice to be able to do a store pickup so I could definitely know there's a copy there but unfortunately ordering online has you paying the full price instead of any clearance or discounted price. I wish their website would reflect their sale prices. Same with dcpi if that's what I can look up using brickseek. Even brickseek is not always accurate.

It would have been nice to be able to do a store pickup so I could definitely know there's a copy there but unfortunately ordering online has you paying the full price instead of any clearance or discounted price. I wish their website would reflect their sale prices. Same with dcpi if that's what I can look up using brickseek. Even brickseek is not always accurate.
This is why you call ahead next time if it's something you really want since it's not close to you but ya it sucks

I know the deal itself has been mentioned, but for anyone who has kids that love Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a steal at $10. More quest based than Minecraft, but still scratches that itch. The sequel adds online co-op as well, and there’s a central island that serves as the player’s creative hub. For those who love crafting games, it can safely be a rut game where you invest hours and hours.

And definitely cheaper than actual Legos (with no fear about stepping on them when you least expect it).

when they put the dpci in their pda, it should tell them where the game is located. ie in the back or on the floor
Unless the item was thrown on a shelf but not scanned into a backstock location. Or if it's sitting in one of the carts or boxes piled with random items that need to be put in a salesfloor or backstock location. Or if it's sitting in piles of returned items at guest services. Most employees would probably just look through backstock and call it a day though unless you get really pushy.

Unless the item was thrown on a shelf but not scanned into a backstock location. Or if it's sitting in one of the carts or boxes piled with random items that need to be put in a salesfloor or backstock location. Or if it's sitting in piles of returned items at guest services. Most employees would probably just look through backstock and call it a day though unless you get really pushy.
yeah, there are millions of reasons why it isn't where it's supposed to be but it's a good place to start when trying to locate stock

I know the deal itself has been mentioned, but for anyone who has kids that love Minecraft, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a steal at $10. More quest based than Minecraft, but still scratches that itch. The sequel adds online co-op as well, and there’s a central island that serves as the player’s creative hub. For those who love crafting games, it can safely be a rut game where you invest hours and hours.

And definitely cheaper than actual Legos (with no fear about stepping on them when you least expect it).
which platform for dragon quest builders 2? Ps4? Would be sweet if it was on the switch.

which platform for dragon quest builders 2? Ps4? Would be sweet if it was on the switch.
Yeah, just checked and it’s the PS4 version of DQB2 that’s $9.99 right now. DPCI for PS4 version is 207-34-0363. Great deal, obviously.

DQB2 for Switch looks to be $24.99 right now locally, according to Brickseek. DPCI for Switch version is 207-30-7075. Still a halfway decent value, depending on how much you love games in the crafting/building genre. For those who are super creative, you can easily squeeze out 100+ hours of gameplay.

The portability aspect of the Switch version is probably a draw to some, but I do seem to remember that the PS4 version tends to run better overall, at least from some of the conversations on Twitch when it was more actively streamed. That might make a difference depending on the depth and complexity of builds undertaken on your hub island.

[attachment=35093:IMG_20201217_004354617~2.jpg]

[attachment=35092:IMG_20201217_004448198~2.jpg]

$20

207027032 - MarioParty: The Top 100 - 3DS

207020017 - WarioWare Gold - 3DS

$10

207300301 Katamari Damacy Reroll - switch

207321931 Mega Man 11 -  xbone

Swung by the local Target, grabbed Octopath Traveler, The World Ends With You: Final Remix, and two more things not mentioned:

17.99: Owlboy (Switch)

19.99 Wonderful 101: Remastered (Switch)

I'm surprised how fast all the 3DS stuff went, then again I haven't be able to watch the the stock as much these days.

The prices for the 3DS games aren't even good either. I'd be interested if the prizes were starting at $20, but I'm not playing $20 for games that regularly cost around that price most of the time anyways

Thanks for this info...picked up bowser's inside story for 20, had been wanting it for a long while, so glad to get it for cheap before the supply dries up. Also picked up wwz on a whim at 10 bucks.[attachment=35102:20201217_195455.jpg]

Scanned a bunch of stuff myself yesterday and picked up:

Mega Man Collection and Mega Man Collection 2 Bundle (NSW) -$14.99

Scribblenauts Mega Pack Bundle - $9.99.   Not sure if this is worth it but it seems like one of few games with Teen Titans in it. 

Also passed on Puyo Puyo Tetris for $9.99 (NSW).   Mainly because I googled it and noticed that Part 2 recently came out.  

Scanned a bunch of stuff myself yesterday and picked up:

Scribblenauts Mega Pack Bundle - $9.99. Not sure if this is worth it but it seems like one of few games with Teen Titans in it.
It's a great double pack with a lot of easy achievements/trophies in both games. And the Scribblenauts Unmasked game has a lot of fan service for DC Comics enthusiasts.

Thanks for this info...picked up bowser's inside story for 20, had been wanting it for a long while, so glad to get it for cheap before the supply dries up. Also picked up wwz on a whim at 10 bucks. 20201217_195455.jpg
World War Z is awesome, I loved playing through that game a few times, and am now going back for a few more play-through’s on PS5. If you enjoyed Left 4 Dead, you’ll probably really like it.

If you are going buy something, you can use google pay:

$21 back on a $50+ spend at Target with Google Pay
There's a rewards deal in the new Google Pay app (along with the $21 referral cashback for your first payment, if you use a referral code), which is $21 back on a $50+ spend at Target, when you enroll a card. See the images in this post for the terms...

From Slickdeals

If you going buy something you can use google pay:

$21 back on a $50+ spend at Target with Google Pay
There's a rewards deal in the new Google Pay app (along with the $21 referral cashback for your first payment, if you use a referral code), which is $21 back on a $50+ spend at Target, when you enroll a card. See the images in this post for the terms...

From Slickdeals
isnt that online only?

I was able to get Fallout 4 GOTY on PS4 for $12.99. Not much else really caught my eye. Since that version has all the DLC as a single DL code, it works with the PS+ version of base Fallout 4 making for a digital experience. 

now for ppl that were able to score some deals. Say in the case showing regular price can u just show em on brickseek bam its showing at 1/2 off. octapath traveler probaly wont be this low again for a minute and i have crap luck at target finding thing a good majority of the time lol

now for ppl that were able to score some deals. Say in the case showing regular price can u just show em on brickseek bam its showing at 1/2 off. octapath traveler probaly wont be this low again for a minute and i have crap luck at target finding thing a good majority of the time lol
Brickseek means nothing to target.

Please don't.

My store had bins of xbox one games and nothing else in the bins...

But on the endcap I got a Mega Man 1 & 2 Legacy collection for Switch at $14.99 (50% off). 

bread's done
Back