Target’s annual 50% off video games sale Octopath Traveler $29.99

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Haven’t seen this posted but Target does this every year for 80% of their games. This is in store only. Some notable games I found at my local Target were

Octopath Traveler Switch $29.99

New Super Luckys Tale Switch $19.99

Genesis Classics Switch $14.99

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove Switch $19.99

Little Hope PS4 $14.99

Contra Rogue Corps Switch and PS4 $9.99

‘Each Target will probably have different games so post anything you find 

Last edited by a moderator:
At the target I went to, the stickers were still normal price but if you ran the UPC under their scanner thing it rang up at the discount price. There really was no rhyme or reason to it and you just had to give them a shot. In the case for  Fallout 4 GOTY, it was in the glass but Brickseek had the option to pull up the UPC code. I confirmed the one on the case was the same as the one BS pulled up and was able to run my phone under their scanner to see the $12.99 price. Figure if their own scanner was pulling up the sale price I was in good shape. 

My suggestion would be to look up a few games you're interested in on Brickseek and find the Target(s) with them in stock at the price you're willing to pay. From there go to that store and pull up the UPC in BS, verify and scan the code, then get game. BS is not an official inventory of Target and they are not obligated to honor the prices shown.  

I had to check and make sure I wasn't insane since I hadn't seen anyone mention it yet, but I found Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (NSW) for $30. I'm guessing I just got lucky and very few other stores will actually have that, though

I had to check and make sure I wasn't insane since I hadn't seen anyone mention it yet, but I found Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (NSW) for $30. I'm guessing I just got lucky and very few other stores will actually have that, though
possible it was a return or some sort of damage.

possible it was a return or some sort of damage.
Yea maybe, not damaged though unless I missed something. It was just there with the rest of the "endcap games" though, I was surprised when I saw it and even more surprised when it actually scanned at $29.99 (had the white sticker for $59.99)

Yea maybe, not damaged though unless I missed something. It was just there with the rest of the "endcap games" though, I was surprised when I saw it and even more surprised when it actually scanned at $29.99 (had the white sticker for $59.99)
they probably had it mixed in the case with other games and found it recently.

now for ppl that were able to score some deals. Say in the case showing regular price can u just show em on brickseek bam its showing at 1/2 off. octapath traveler probaly wont be this low again for a minute and i have crap luck at target finding thing a good majority of the time lol
Just pull up the barcode on brickseek and go to the scanner and scan it

Really depends on the damage. Like you said it could be something easily missed. I had a game I got from them that had slight damage to the spine cause unknown but it wasn't visible to the naked eye. I only noticed it by touch as the plastic felt rough. But yeah from what it sounds like it's a return. As I've seen people post about them putting returns on the sales floor on rare occasions and with a discounted price.

So according to Wario, some version of this is going on again next week. I assume clearance doesn’t count with these sales, correct? Friend from out of state is wanting P5R for $18 & there are none in his Target’s in Colorado. Thanks in advance.

So according to Wario, some version of this is going on again next week. I assume clearance doesn’t count with these sales, correct? Friend from out of state is wanting P5R for $18 & there are none in his Target’s in Colorado. Thanks in advance.
its in the target ad. i imagine its just an advertisement of the curent sale

It's still going on. I grabbed Octopath for 30 on Wednesday.

Target is advertising this sale in this week's Sunday ad circular, so you might want to go ahead and buy the games that you want before the soccer moms and the flippers descend on them.

I picked up

:switch: Contra: Rogue Corps - $9.99

:ps4: Contra: Rogue Corps - $9.99

:3ds: Pokemon Ultra Moon - $19.99

:ps4: Dragon Quest Builders 2 - $9.99

Anyone know if they put out anymore games or just whatever is out there is it? My local store dont even have the dump bins its annoying its just whatever games are jumbled on a back endcap that have no place with the regular games so no clue whats in the deal or not.

Anyone know if they put out anymore games or just whatever is out there is it? My local store dont even have the dump bins its annoying its just whatever games are jumbled on a back endcap that have no place with the regular games so no clue whats in the deal or not.
My local store had a few new ones today. But I don't think that they are getting new games. I just think they might be clearancing more.

I bought the following:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4) - $9.98

Lego DC Supervillains (PS4) - $9.98

Scribblenauts Unmasked/Scribblenauts Unlimited (Switch) - $9.98

Target is advertising this sale in this week's Sunday ad circular, so you might want to go ahead and buy the games that you want before the soccer moms and the flippers descend on them.
AKA the majority of the crowd that posts in the comments section of crappy deals in Slickdeals. They be all over deals for games like Just Dance 2021. I have been downvoted in there for giving honest, negative feedback about games in question when someone wanted to know if it was worth the price tag.

is brickseek showing the target price before the 50% discount?
anyone know?
Brickseek shows it after the discount for me.

When I got to my target, I had to ask the employee to get it from the back for me since I couldn't find it the game section, but I'm glad I got a copy of Octopath Traveler.

Brickseek is surprisingly accurate regarding octopath traveler for once.  I can't remember the last time I looked up a game and it was actually in stock like it said.

bread's done
Back