Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

Whoa didn't know the patch came out, downloading now ^__^
might play pyro for awhile still though because something tells me that there are going to be a crazy amount of scouts running around lol

You know, yesterday I played a match on 2fort that was probably a 10 v 10 scout only match. It was the most awesome round of 2fort ever.

Gmail chat is about your best bet on that front. I don't use any IM clients.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Kayden, I am up for talking about the server anytime you want to get on aim. ;D[/quote]

Playing last night was fucking horrible. Everyone on my team was a scout except for CK and myself. Our team was a massive joke. We'd pretty much get our heads caved in for 10 minutes trying to cap their points and lose. Then they'd turn around and cap all our shit inside of a minute. Not fun. =\

[quote name='Nohbdy']There were other Spy buffs. Reportedly you could see enemy health and other cloaked spies.[/quote]

yeah, seeing enemy health is the best thing about the spy update.

pickin' people off with the revolver = $$

[quote name='darthbudge']You know, yesterday I played a match on 2fort that was probably a 10 v 10 scout only match. It was the most awesome round of 2fort ever.[/QUOTE]

Areyou talking about the one we did in the bar room?

I kicked so much ass it wasn't funny.

It was actually pretty fun to grind achievements on an achievement server for this update.

Watching an army of scouts trying to kill a jumping Heavy yelling "Communism will NOT allow you to take my sandvich!" was a great time.

With all the scouts around i decided to get the last 2 updates for my heavy. I finished getting "don't touch sandvich!" where you have to kill 50 scouts with natasha, and as you can imagine, that did not take very long.

[quote name='Kayden']Gmail chat is about your best bet on that front. I don't use any IM clients.

Playing last night was fucking horrible. Everyone on my team was a scout except for CK and myself. Our team was a massive joke. We'd pretty much get our heads caved in for 10 minutes trying to cap their points and lose. Then they'd turn around and cap all our shit inside of a minute. Not fun. =\[/QUOTE]

What's your google talk screen name?

The Sandman sucks. Worst thing to happen to TF2.

Playing as heavy is no longer fun or viable. So I probably won't be playing much until the scout numbers return to normal or Valve fixes the stun bullshit.

The sudden third-person view is the worst part. It's like being momentarily transported into an MMO.

And there's no reason it should counter ubers. The best uber counter is an active defense that prevents the enemy from building and coordinating ubers in the first place.

Valve will fix it, just like they fixed the stupid +50 HP on the backburner.

[quote name='Kayden']I haven't had so many balls in my face sine the last time I tried meth.[/QUOTE]

I don't even want to... Never mind.

[quote name='Serik']The Sandman sucks. Worst thing to happen to TF2.

Playing as heavy is no longer fun or viable. So I probably won't be playing much until the scout numbers return to normal or Valve fixes the stun bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sandman turned the scout in to the *One* thing I didn't want it to be.

A spam class :bomb:

[quote name='Kayden']I can't help but notice you fuckers aren't in the server.[/quote]

i just joined and favorited your server (named go go gadget server right?), and i'm all by myself. ;(

EDIT: i guess i'm not allowed to be there by myself, i was kicked.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Areyou talking about the one we did in the bar room?

I kicked so much ass it wasn't funny.[/quote]

Yeah, but I was kicking way more ass. :cool:

[quote name='Kayden']I can't help but notice you fuckers aren't in the server.[/quote]

Well, I am not at home right now. Tomorrow I will try and get on.

Plus your website isn't loading for me.

That's because it's not a website, it's the game server. Websites are for douchebags.
[quote name='darthbudge']Yeah, but I was kicking way more ass. :cool:

Well, I am not at home right now. Tomorrow I will try and get on.

Plus your website isn't loading for me.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']That's because it's not a website, it's the game server. Websites are for douchebags.[/quote]

D'oh!

I have only ever seen them in IP address format. Well still, I will get on tomorrow.

I am new to PC gaming and i have an older computer so i need help updating.

I keep getting an error message when i try to launch TF2 that says

"Unsuported Video Card

Your video hardware does not meet the minimum requirements that we have set for the game. If you choose to continue and run the game anyway, you could have problems with stability or performance in the game."

When i click the "continue anyway" button the game loads and i get the Valve and Source screens. Then i get to the loading screen with The Medic, Spy and Heavy. It stays on that screen for a while then my computer either restarts or I get a error message that says

"Your graphics hardware must support at least pixel shader 1.1 to run this game"

Is there anything i can do?

I would rather the Sandman push back ubers like an Airblast, with differing strengths of push depending on the distance. You'd think anything invincible in a video game would at least be able to get pushed back, not stunned in place (unless it was a MASSIVE hit, but this is just a baseball).

[quote name='macontosh2000']I am new to PC gaming and i have an older computer so i need help updating.

"Unsuported Video Card

Your video hardware does not meet the minimum requirements that we have set for the game. If you choose to continue and run the game anyway, you could have problems with stability or performance in the game."

When i click the "continue anyway" button the game loads and i get the Valve and Source screens. Then i get to the loading screen with The Medic, Spy and Heavy. It stays on that screen for a while then my computer either restarts or I get a error message that says

"Your graphics hardware must support at least pixel shader 1.1 to run this game"

Is there anything i can do?[/QUOTE]

you get a better video card.

So I played my first game of Arena ever today. Wow I got raped. Granted, the whole "scouts everywhere" thing kind of changes the aspects of arena.

Also unlocked natascha with the heavy today. I feel like I can 1-2 more kills each round using that instead of sasha. again, maybe its just all the scouts.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']you get a better video card.[/quote]
Yeah that's most likely your only option. If you have a PCI Express slot Newegg has 9600 GSOs for $70-100. I only have an 8800 GTS and my machine runs TF2 perfectly, so you should have no trouble at all running TF2 with a 9600.

You could put -gl in your launch settings. I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'm sure someone could elaborate on what OpenGL does and if I'm making any sense.

[quote name='macontosh2000']I am new to PC gaming and i have an older computer so i need help updating.

"Unsuported Video Card

Is there anything i can do?[/quote]

Dude... your card is at LEAST 8 years old then. Which probably means all the other parts are that old too. You just need a computer.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with my custom sprays?

I made a new spray out of a jpg. Have the .vmt and .vtf in both materials\VGUI and materials\VGUI\logos. Go in game, go to options, import the sprays. They show up there fine.

Go play either a server I make myself, or join one, hit t, and see nothing.

Ideas?

Edit: Sprays are not disabled on my local server.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with my custom sprays?

I made a new spray out of a jpg. Have the .vmt and .vtf in both materials\VGUI and materials\VGUI\logos. Go in game, go to options, import the sprays. They show up there fine.

Go play either a server I make myself, or join one, hit t, and see nothing.

Ideas?

Edit: Sprays are not disabled on my local server.[/quote]
If you've got CS:S or DOD:S, load up the spray in there and then find the file it got turned in to. For some reason TF2 hates sprays.

Or you could go to FPSBanana.com and get a spray there.

motivator7893127.jpg

Well, no one likes playing on an empty server. I have a feeling if we can just get a sizable population on it, it'll become self sustaining.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Maybe we should set up a time to have a CAG game on your server Kayden.[/quote]

Playing empty servers has its benefits; easy achievements. :D

Speaking of, Scout's are a bit of a pain in the ass. Especially when a good chunk of them require the unlockables (I need achievements to get the unlockables...but a lot of the achievements require the unlockable items...quite the conundrum). Medic's is just insane on some parts.

Kay, you need to get a group of people, like 6 or so to be willing to jumpstart the server. I know this one server that has a mod for admins that the first admin to join a server and get the population above 7 gets some sort of bonus, don't know exactly how it works. Maybe you should do something like that.

Or we could have CAG TF2 Game night on your server.

It's there, it's open. You're welcome to organize something.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Kay, you need to get a group of people, like 6 or so to be willing to jumpstart the server. I know this one server that has a mod for admins that the first admin to join a server and get the population above 7 gets some sort of bonus, don't know exactly how it works. Maybe you should do something like that.

Or we could have CAG TF2 Game night on your server.[/quote]

I'm willing to have another favorite server in my list.

You guys heard of Studio Rumble West? People from PopCap, Blizzard, THQ, and Bioware play on it. Valve was there for a dev tourney once.

I just play on the clanwoof servers because they don't have a ping limit so I'm not constantly being kicked from games.

Make no ping limit on your server K-$ and I'll play on it.

[quote name='Nohbdy']You guys heard of Studio Rumble West? People from PopCap, Blizzard, THQ, and Bioware play on it. Valve was there for a dev tourney once.[/QUOTE]That's the server my husband (and now I also) always play on, actually. People on there are pretty nice, and if the regulars are on, it's usually very team-oriented. They're also good about kicking people who are annoying or lag too much.

Haven't really played in a few weeks. I hear the scout udate and the demoman nerf came out. I main with demoman and have had many spiritual experiences using him and pwning anybody and anything that moves or shoots.

[quote name='sosodead']

Haven't really played in a few weeks. I hear the scout udate and the demoman nerf came out. I main with demoman and have had many spiritual experiences using him and pwning anybody and anything that moves or shoots.[/QUOTE]

Nerf was just his stickies can be shot and destroyed which is pretty fair IMO

50% off is down, what a shame.

bread's done
Back