Tech Fest at Hart Plaza, my trip was fun!(56k go elsewhere!)

Kendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Every Memorial Day weekend for the past 9 years, Detroit has three days of electronic music. You can find a lot of trouble in Hart Plaza. More so when you throw in a million people and lots of illicit substances. It used to be a free festival, but now it is $40 for a weekend pass. I only went for one day. Screw being in Detroit for three days in a row in all the heat and madness. Well here are the pictures!

100_0004.jpg

Weird people at Hart Plaza

100_0005.jpg

Canada!

100_0006.jpg

She spins fire...

100_0007.jpg

But for some reason they made her keep to the practice balls.

100_0008.jpg

These kids are nice.

100_0012.jpg

The bass was shaking the camera. It is loud in the underground.

100_0014.jpg

Someone might be on drugs in the picture. Maybe.

100_0015.jpg

Detroit has a Stargate.

100_0017.jpg

Sony likes ravers.

100_0021.jpg

I love the fountain.

100_0031.jpg

Park Bar.

100_0033.jpg

100_0034.jpg

Random works of art. Might be a stripped car though.

100_0037.jpg

You know the night is going good when graffiti is popping off the wall.

100_0038.jpg

The Works. It's dark in here!

100_0046.jpg

More graffiti that was looking awesome last night, but the camera didn't see what I saw.

100_0051.jpg

This is how I felt all day.

Some of the pictures are blurry. It is from all the bass rattling the camera. I also just got my new came and am not used to it yet.

Yeah I usually go to Tech Fest at least one of the days. But for some reason I just forgot about it this year.

Its a pretty good time.

I walked past there at around 11PM on Saturday, right after the Wings kicked the shit out of the Pens in Game 1. We weren't about to pay $25 to go in for a half hour.

Was Moby there this year?

[quote name='shieryda']I walked past there at around 11PM on Saturday, right after the Wings kicked the shit out of the Pens in Game 1. We weren't about to pay $25 to go in for a half hour.

Was Moby there this year?[/quote]

Yeah. He was there the first night. I went on Sunday for Ritchie Hawtin. It was fun and I got my $25 worth. I just wish it was free like it used to be. :(

[quote name='Kendal']Yeah. He was there the first night. I went on Sunday for Ritchie Hawtin. It was fun and I got my $25 worth. I just wish it was free like it used to be. :([/quote]

Yeah, we were pretty disappointed to learn that it's no longer free.

bread's done
Back