Tecmo Bowl Throwback League Disbanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
This league is in serious jeopardy of becoming defunct. Thats 3 official drops with a couple of more who haven't played 1 game. The only thing I can think of is cutting the league down to 20 teams and making a whole new schedule. Results from games already played will carry over if that is what people want. Thats if the same 2 teams play eachother again.

[quote name='eastx']I've gotta bow out (I was Dallas). I really wanted to participate, but I ended up being too busy. Sorry, guys.[/QUOTE]

But Steam says you've played 48 hours in the last 2 weeks. And you're on the Xbox every day... Tecmo takes 15-20 minutes. :whistle2:\

Yeah, I can play my PC at work as much as I want. But I don't bring my 360 to work. And as for the 360 (which I only get on every few days, really), I haven't been online at the same time as my opponents so far.

League needs a reboot since 3 teams have dropped out and 3 others have yet to play 1 game. Please only join if you can find 10 minutes a week to play. If players choose the same teams, their scores/results will carry over from the last league to the new league. You can pick a new team but the score/result will carry over. You can only choose a team that has been given up on. This should be a 20 team league.

Steelers and Broncos are up for grabs.

I am switching from the Giants to the Cowboys.

New Schedule will be posted later today. Looking like 2 leagues with 2 division. 5 teams per division.

Those of you better at this game then me and more aware of the records of teams of that year... which is better: Steelers or Broncos? I'll take whichever one is better. :)

EDIT: or should I stick with Phoenix?

[quote name='crunchewy']Those of you better at this game then me and more aware of the records of teams of that year... which is better: Steelers or Broncos? I'll take whichever one is better. :)

EDIT: or should I stick with Phoenix?[/QUOTE]

Broncos had a great defense and Elway.

Great. Glad those games were a waste of time. Anybody on CAG who signs up for shit and is a fucking retard who makes no effort at all, fuck YOU. I hope you die in a fire.

Admittedly I am falling behind on my games, but I'll be honest I don't feel like this league has much in the way of structure and it has been put together as we go and I think that is turning me off. Plus that and it doesn't look like the league as a whole is into it making me leery of spending too much time with it.

That being said I will continue to look for games to play because I enjoy playing the game (in 2D that is) and will do my best to keep my end of things. Oh, and I'm going to destroy all comers. Seriously. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Great. Glad those games were a waste of time. Anybody on CAG who signs up for shit and is a fucking retard who makes no effort at all, fuck YOU. I hope you die in a fire.[/QUOTE]

N8, calm down. The new schedule shall be pretty similar to the last one because teams are going to be kept in the same divisions/conferences. All I am doing is weeding out the 6 who weren't playing. So if the same game happens in the new schedule already happened in the first schedule, the score will carry over. This is due to keep the amount of games being replayed to a minimum.

[quote name='ZForce915']Admittedly I am falling behind on my games, but I'll be honest I don't feel like this league has much in the way of structure and it has been put together as we go and I think that is turning me off. Plus that and it doesn't look like the league as a whole is into it making me leery of spending too much time with it.

That being said I will continue to look for games to play because I enjoy playing the game (in 2D that is) and will do my best to keep my end of things. Oh, and I'm going to destroy all comers. Seriously. :)[/QUOTE]

I am sorry you feel that way but this has always been a casual league. All I am asking from people who joined is to find 15 minutes a week to play 1 game. That is all it takes.

[quote name='wildcpac']N8, calm down. The new schedule shall be pretty similar to the last one because teams are going to be kept in the same divisions/conferences. All I am doing is weeding out the 6 who weren't playing. So if the same game happens in the new schedule already happened in the first schedule, the score will carry over. This is due to keep the amount of games being replayed to a minimum.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. But my point still stands. There's so many retards on this site that every time a new sports game comes out there all "Oh man. That's so cool! Sign me up!" and then you never hear from them. So, they're either complete assholes or they're too dumb to know when they're full of shit. I despise both groups and would approve of some population reduction on their behalf. Just sayin.

Also, I can't stand the "my opponents are never on when I'm on" defense. Sure, with a 16 game open schedule, that might work in the beginning. But eventually, you reach a point where you have to go down your schedule and start contacting your opponents and scheduling game times. People unwilling to do that have no clue how to make a league work.

I agree 110% with N8 on this. Not sure about the die in the fire part though :).

This does happen way too often on here and while the games I've played were all fun and short (so not necessarily a huge waste of time), this shit is getting old. If this was any other game besides Tecmo I'd probably say screw it, I'm out. But even if I have to replay a few games I don't really mind because like I said they are pretty short and I've personally have had no problem scheduling my games. In fact, I think I only had 3-4 left to play for my entire season so I really have no idea how some people haven't played ONE yet.

If we can actually get 20 people to recommit to the league, I would be fine with staying in as the Raiders.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's fine. But my point still stands. There's so many retards on this site that every time a new sports game comes out there all "Oh man. That's so cool! Sign me up!" and then you never hear from them. So, they're either complete assholes or they're too dumb to know when they're full of shit. I despise both groups and would approve of some population reduction on their behalf. Just sayin.

Also, I can't stand the "my opponents are never on when I'm on" defense. Sure, with a 16 game open schedule, that might work in the beginning. But eventually, you reach a point where you have to go down your schedule and start contacting your opponents and scheduling game times. People unwilling to do that have no clue how to make a league work.[/QUOTE]

PLus you have 16 weeks to get that one game in or 2 games if it's a division game. thats 15-30 minutes tops.

[quote name='ubernes']I agree 110% with N8 on this. Not sure about the die in the fire part though :).

This does happen way too often on here and while the games I've played were all fun and short (so not necessarily a huge waste of time), this shit is getting old. If this was any other game besides Tecmo I'd probably say screw it, I'm out. But even if I have to replay a few games I don't really mind because like I said they are pretty short and I've personally have had no problem scheduling my games. In fact, I think I only had 3-4 left to play for my entire season so I really have no idea how some people haven't played ONE yet.

If we can actually get 20 people to recommit to the league, I would be fine with staying in as the Raiders.[/QUOTE]

Well, the die in a fire part is just the extremist in me talking, haha. But look at the job market, distribution of wealth, etc. If all the stupid, worthless people were 86'd, we'd be so much better off. It's just a plea for Darwinism to catch up really. Anyway, yeah, because this is Tecmo, I'll stomach a league restart, otherwise I would be saying "forget it" as well.

Although, I'd almost prefer to do what most other leagues do and just give forfeits to the teams that dropped, and push on through the schedule. Then, we can restructure things for a 2nd season. Yeah, it starts to become arbitrary and gives teams a very artificial record, but again, that's what happens when you let idiots join the league. I guess I'm a little worried for how "similar" we can make the schedule so that the games weren't a waste of time.

I still think we should be keeping a CAG blacklist of people who sign up for these things and then are never heard from again. I started one about a year ago with my MLB: The Show league and UFC Undisputed league. It would just be nice to know who's screwed us over in the past so the next time they try to sign up for something we'll be aware of their history.

I wanted to just envoke forfeits but some divisions have 2 teams that have dropped out. I am going to reboot the league later tonight/early tomorrow morning depending on if anybody wants to switch teams. So some teams are getting 4 easy wins. Not fair to the others who are actually playing.

Reboot and if people miss a week, 1 week forfeit and so on. If someone has 7 games completed and takes 2 weeks off at week 5-7 that is fine.

I will still play and keep my team.

THANK YOU, Wildpac for keeping tabs on the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me(Washington) out. I've tried multiple times to get games going and noone is ever up for a game when I'm on. Have fun guys.

I'm in and will switch to the Broncos if still available (and not too late). If it's too late, no big deal. Then I'll stay as Phoenix. Also, thanks wildpac for putting this together. I appreciate the effort! I think we'll have better luck with a restart - consider that first go as a weeding out.

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's keep the discussion in here at a civil level. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, though when it crosses the line into threads and personal attacks, that's not warranted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Great. Glad those games were a waste of time. Anybody on CAG who signs up for shit and is a fucking retard who makes no effort at all, fuck YOU. I hope you die in a fire.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's fine. But my point still stands. There's so many retards on this site that every time a new sports game comes out there all "Oh man. That's so cool! Sign me up!" and then you never hear from them. So, they're either complete assholes or they're too dumb to know when they're full of shit. I despise both groups and would approve of some population reduction on their behalf. Just sayin.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, the die in a fire part is just the extremist in me talking, haha. But look at the job market, distribution of wealth, etc. If all the stupid, worthless people were 86'd, we'd be so much better off. It's just a plea for Darwinism to catch up really. Anyway, yeah, because this is Tecmo, I'll stomach a league restart, otherwise I would be saying "forget it" as well.
[/QUOTE]

For me, I think I've been on maybe an hour to two all week. Budz did contact me and I was sorry I couldn't play then, but I was in the middle of something else and then going to leave. Between work and going out this week with people, I've only managed to play my minimum 2 games.

But this behavior is simply not worth the time and aggravation that comes from checking this thread. I see more of this spewed bile than people saying "oh man, we had such a good time playing." Between this and the miniature fit that N8 threw about the "retards" with the NT glitch, I'm bowing out. If you are going to throw personal attacks and messages like that around, I really want nothing to do with it. It's unnecessary, demeaning to the community, and frankly....childish. Are you really that worked up about a remake of an SNES game with nothing at stake other than your own ego?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']For me, I think I've been on maybe an hour to two all week. Budz did contact me and I was sorry I couldn't play then, but I was in the middle of something else and then going to leave. Between work and going out this week with people, I've only managed to play my minimum 2 games.

But this behavior is simply not worth the time and aggravation that comes from checking this thread. I see more of this spewed bile than people saying "oh man, we had such a good time playing." Between this and the miniature fit that N8 threw about the "retards" with the NT glitch, I'm bowing out. If you are going to throw personal attacks and messages like that around, I really want nothing to do with it. It's unnecessary, demeaning to the community, and frankly....childish. Are you really that worked up about a remake of an SNES game with nothing at stake other than your own ego?[/QUOTE]

Common thread here? I don't respect people who are full of shit. Just like you were full of shit about the "NT glitch", I don't understand people who can't recognize that when they sign up for an online league involving several other people, they're committing to those people that they'll make an effort and work toward a common goal (not saying you didn't. Playing 2 games is better than a lot of people). I've played in numerous online leagues for several years and they all run into the same problem.

Every time a new sports game comes out, you get people who apparently can still bullshit themselves who say "Oh, man! That sounds awesome! I want to play!"...and then you don't hear from them for a month. You can say "it's only a game", but people are committing time here, and by pulling this shit, they're wasting everybody elses. And people who do that can go to hell. I'm sorry if you don't like the bluntness of that statement, but I don't really feel the need to be respectful with people who screw up the league for 15 other people (again not talking about you...just so you don't think this is a personal attack).

Also, as far as getting worked up, do you picture me throwing shit around my apartment WHEN I TYPE LIKE THIS? It's a "Caps Lock" key, man. I press it with my pinky for God's sake. I speak bluntly. But I'm not worked up. Oh, and one more thing just because I feel like it. I believe my original statement about the "NT glitch" was about neutering the league for retards who can't figure out how to stop it. The only way that statement applies to you is if you still, after all this time, have not figured out how to keep the NT from breaking through your line. Despite what you think, I didn't call everybody a retard...just the ones who can't figure out the ways (and there are multiple) to stop the "glitch". And to be perfectly honest, I still stand by that statement. If you don't like it, put me on ignore and be done with it.

My apologies to the rest of the league for talking about this crap again, but Lord_Kefka brought it up. This will be the last time I address that issue though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My apologies to the rest of the league for talking about this crap again, but Lord_Kefka brought it up. This will be the last time I address that issue though.[/QUOTE]An argument takes two sides, BTW.

You don't have to respond when provoked, and you can easily put someone else on ignore as well.

Since you say you're done with it, though I think you should never have started, I'll give you the slimmest benefit of the doubt to say that you're going to not pull this crap again.

If any mods have to come in here and clean up any more crap in this thread, people will be sent packing in one manner or another.

The definition of a "glitch" can be argued. Much like you insisted that the game remain pure, for all it's strengths and weaknesses. If (and this is just a theoretical example) you can sack the opposing QB before they can gain control after the dropback it causes a disadvantage. While playing online, it could automatically reduce the opposing players usable plays by 1, 2, or even 3. My opinion? Not cool. But that is something we can disagree on.

I think you are too focused on that or the use of caps (which I don't recall commenting on) and may be missing the point. The hostile stance of quoted statements didn't sit well with me, and they've come and gone in this thread ever since the "NT debate". Name-calling and continued aggression has made this a miserable thread for me to read. Combine this with the fact that I felt guilty about only getting in two games (not due to being an asshole and not wanting to play....but life is life...it goes on) meant I thought I should bow out. Call it provoking if you want, but I call it pointing out what feels like a destructive attitude. You have your opinion on these statements I made, I have mine.

Good luck to all with the games.

I think you'll find that the noisy stuff is limited to a few rather noisy people, not the majority by any means. I don't like it either, but the games I've played with people have been fun.

League is disbanded unless someone else wants to get it running. Too many hissy fits, fights and people dropping out like flies for a league that required one 15 game per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back