Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4/2/whatever Turtles in Time remake...

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
Man, I downloaded the demo again because it's $2 in space bucks on the Xbox right now...and...ugh. The graphics are terrible. I wish they'd just left them alone, or left in the original game...

I tried the demo out and thought the same thing. I really fell like you lose the feel of the game when you try to go from Sprites to 3D models.

I have to agree. The art-style really doesn't do the game any favors. It needed to have Jet Set Radio-like cel-shaded graphics instead of whatever the hell you call Re-Shelled's look. I still bit on it, though. For $10? No. For $2? I can deal with the graphics.

The art style? I'd call it...Direct X 3! Mwahahahaha! :lol:

Mmmm, Jet Set Radio. I still like the first one better than Future, but I'd gladly take a new one of those, or even a port!

Oh yeah, that would be more fun with another player. Wonder if it supports 4 players local? Man, it's so fuggly though. Hopefully I still have my SNES cartridge! :D

Yeah, after playing the demo again I just couldn't bite. I'm sure I would have though with the original graphics.

[quote name='2DMention']Not even worth it at $2[/QUOTE]

For 2 bucks I think it's worth it. I wouldn't pay full price for it. It no where near as cool as the original. I can't believe they didn't include the original (I know different developers made each title), but it amazes me they couldn't work out some kind of deal. Ubisoft and Konami have surprisingly close ties (MGS characters are in the assassin creed games and MSG 4 had assassin creed skins for snake).

I like it just fine but I also understand that it's a re-skin of the arcade version and not the SNES version.

The thing with the Turtles is that you have all kinds of different fans because there have been so many re-imaginings. The game is a solid re-skin of the arcade version with some of the newer Turtles stuff applied to it. That right there can be inherently bad depending on which version of the Turtles you like best.

If any Turtles fan hasn't seen Turtles Forever then you should some time. (they show it all the time) It's pretty damned melancholy but it highlights both what I love and what I hate about the various versions of the Turtles.

Wow, thanks for telling us about that Turtles Forever Fell! I just added it to my Netflix queue-I'd never heard of it, and it sounds like something I have to see.

I of course watched the 80's show, and some of the 2000s show too. Is it just those sets of characters? Do they use the original voice actors for both sets?

Man, what a fun premise! Oh I hope they got the original actors... I wonder how bad the 80's show was now compared to the newer, still not really that great show? I remember it as being really cool, of course, and other than Michelangelo, I don't remember it being too silly, but I'm probably remembering wrong...

[quote name='Wolfpup']I play both series, and I didn't know there was a crossover between AC and MGS![/QUOTE]

There's no real crossover, just some unlockable skins in Konami's/Ubisoft's games.

Prince of Persia
PoP: The Forgotten Sands
AC: Brotherhood
MGS4
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Just the ones that I remember off the top of my head...

Geez, I didn't know that in ANY of those games! I played Prince of Persia too.

Hmm...now if they let you play Snake in Conviction...oh man, complete with David Hayter, that would be awesome. Metal...Gear?

Dang, I can't remember....oh, yeah! Oh it's awesome where he says it in MGS5: Peace Walker! It's kind of hidden though-possible to miss I think.

I go crazy every time he says it :lol:

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']If any Turtles fan hasn't seen Turtles Forever then you should some time. (they show it all the time) It's pretty damned melancholy but it highlights both what I love and what I hate about the various versions of the Turtles.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks again for recommending Turtles Forever! I got it in from Netflix yesterday and I'm about halfway through. It's an absolute riot.

It is SOOOOO weird seeing the different animation styles. Must have been hard to keep straight, and

I'm at the point where they just crossed over into the '87 universe! The whole world is done in that style!

Were the '87 Turtles really that goofy though? I mean I remember Leonardo and Raphel as being a lot cooler and darker than they're being portrayed here. Just watched a short clip of the old show, and the animation is dorkier, pretty much how it's being represented, but they weren't grinning weirdly all the time, and...I don't know, the 2000s show isn't actually that cool either (I mean it has plenty of goofy stuff too). I think they're maybe overplaying the differences?

I'm getting the last show mixed up with the CGI movie though too. Hmm...what do you guys think? Either way Turtles Forever is a riot if you've watched either or both of the shows!

I caught Turtles Forever one Saturday Morning and loved it! I haven't gotten around to watching any more as it wasn't really my wife's bag of tea.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Were the '87 Turtles really that goofy though? I mean I remember Leonardo and Raphel as being a lot cooler and darker than they're being portrayed here.[/QUOTE]

They definitely exaggerated it a bit to try to push how much cooler the current Turtles are.

I hate it whenever a company with current control mocks past incarnations of a product they are associated with, as if they feel like they need to prove how far they've come or something. Frankly, it just had the reverse effect of me being more partial to the older version.

I wish I had an episode of the old one, but watching the beginning of the show, like the expressions and stuff were pretty hard/cool, even if the style is goofier.

Still, that was a LOT of fun, and

Turtle Prime! Turtle Prime! For some reason until they got there I didn't know what it was going to be...but yeah, having it be the '84 comic? How cool was that?

I didn't like how '87 Ralph and Leo were portrayed though, as they acted more like Mike than themselves...I mean I do remember Ralph being at least a BIT darker, if nowhere near like his earlier/later version, and Leo as being a leader, which there was almost none of in this, but even still I'd really recommend it to fans of any incarnation-better still if you're familiar with several!

Heh, I loved Krang getting taken down a few notches though. Man, can't believe how accurate the animation on that bizarre power suit he wears was.

What's funny is the '03 Shredder, while looking cooler, is actually more ridiculous than the '87 Shredder in terms of plausibility. He's an alien I guess?

bread's done
Back