Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Classic Series $99.98 (Out November 13th)

I'm in for this! Always wanted to own the series but never got around to buying it. Have seen S8-S10 @ Best Buy this week for $7.99 each [Don't remember but I think that was it] but they only have 8 episodes. Are these the complete seasons? Just curious...

I think the package looks pretty awesome. Hopefully those discs are slotted in there (I think they are).

$70 is tempting...I might hold out for lower though.

69.99 is a no brainer for me. Must wait for some funds to free up so I can pair it with my Amazon credit.

Man... my inner childhood (and my son's current, haha) just got so much more tubular!

Pre-ordered! Can't wait to revisit one of my favorite childhood shows.

Coincidentally, all three TMNT movies are being released on blu-ray November 13th as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008EXAJM4/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1346865165&sr=8-1

[quote name='gamegirl79']Pre-ordered! Can't wait to revisit one of my favorite childhood shows.

Coincidentally, all three TMNT movies are being released on blu-ray November 13th as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008EXAJM4/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1346865165&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Yeah they timed this set to go along with that release lol. The triple feature pack is currently available at Walmart as a timed exclusive if anyone can't wait.

[quote name='gamegirl79']Pre-ordered! Can't wait to revisit one of my favorite childhood shows.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008EXAJM4/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1346865165&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Rereleased you mean? You can get the Quadrilogy on blu.

Can't believe the complete animated series is only $69.99. Too bad I have all the volumes/seasons.

Also to the poster asking about seasons 8 thru 10, yes those are complete. Its when the show took a turn for the worse with the super mutant crap and Dregg replaces Shredder and Krang.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Rereleased you mean? You can get the Quadrilogy on blu.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the pizza box set. Never could find one for a reasonable price, so I'll be picking up the rerelease. :)

Amazing price for the DVDs. Waiting has paid off! I am skeptical about if it'll get an actual box release and can't wait any longer to relive some of the older episodes so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. November is always the most expensive month of the year for me...

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Rereleased you mean? You can get the Quadrilogy on blu.

Can't believe the complete animated series is only $69.99. Too bad I have all the volumes/seasons.

Also to the poster asking about seasons 8 thru 10, yes those are complete. Its when the show took a turn for the worse with the super mutant crap and Dregg replaces Shredder and Krang.[/QUOTE]

Of course the minute I finally decide to bite the bullet amazon jacks it up $20 to $90

[quote name='gamegirl79']Ah yes, the pizza box set. Never could find one for a reasonable price, so I'll be picking up the rerelease. :)[/QUOTE]

*Looks up the price on Amazon just so I can figure out what your definition of good price is*

JESUS WHAT HAPPENED?

I remember getting this thing for like 30 bucks and thought it'd never go outta print.

I got it for $23 on Black Friday a few years back. It's currently OOP, but with the turtles anniversary coming up, as well as the reboot, they'll likely put out a new set in the future. The Pizza box set was actually quite disappointing in my opinion. I liked the pizza box sentiment, but it was overly large just because it included a (useless) beanie. There was also a severe lack of extras included too.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']*Looks up the price on Amazon just so I can figure out what your definition of good price is*

JESUS WHAT HAPPENED?

I remember getting this thing for like 30 bucks and thought it'd never go outta print.[/QUOTE]
Im surprised it didn't go OOP faster because it was the 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition. It wasn't just a random release.

I like the case. I hope I can find some schmuck that butchers it and sells the case on eBay or something. I've got the indiviual releases already, no need for a second copy.

I do wish that they started the first season with "Season 1" though, instead of that 'volume 1' crap. Volumes 1-5, then seasons 4-10. really annoying.

awesome, only other thing I've ever picked up at B&N.com was the quadruple film pizza box pack!

Thanks OP and DanteWarrior!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']wow that's an amazing deal[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you'd chime in over that price b/c I was having buyers remorse thinking that when the time comes to clear these out it could be $30 or less. But if it gets your 'seal of approval' then its all good! :lol:

yeah totally. I don't think it'll get that cheap again anytime soon, if ever. That's $4.39 a season, or just $0.22 an episode!, and that's not counting the cool party wagon it's all housed in or the 3+ hours of extras :D

[quote name='cbulas1']Thanks for the coupon!!! What a deal after using it! I couldn't pass it up- too many childhood memories! :)[/QUOTE]

I agree that's an amazing deal. I just got it. Now just need the other cartoons to have a complete series.

I was on the fence before, but I just took a ninja leap off. Had no idea about the code or the low starting price. Glad about the former, as I'd have used it and my ancient $10 gift card on a much cheaper item. Thanks, dude!

Son of a ... I blew the remainder of my spending money on 4x $10 1600 MS Points cards. I was just talking to my friends about this literally a few hours ago. Damn damn damn!

Nice set. If I had free money I would get this! Anyone know if they have or will have a complete Xmen animated series from the 90s?

do you guys actually watch this or just set it on some mantle and stare at? It would be cool to have, but i'll never watch it.

[quote name='D0RC']Nice set. If I had free money I would get this! Anyone know if they have or will have a complete Xmen animated series from the 90s?[/QUOTE]

All this talk about old school stuff is making me think of all the cool shows of the 90's.

Ronan warriors, VR Trooper (not a cartoon, but kind of like power rangers)
Time trax, Sonic (more darker tone), Super mario (cant remember , but had like a live Sgt. intro and sometimes plumbers mario. I remeber seeing later on they had rancoon mario and cape mario, but I just cant remember since its been so long...it was a show)

I wish I could jump on this, but spend so much money.

[quote name='b3b0p']do you guys actually watch this or just set it on some mantle and stare at? It would be cool to have, but i'll never watch it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its not so much for watching as much as owning a major piece of my childhood and recapturing those memories in an awesome collector's set. I'll probably watch them at some point, definitely watch them with kids if I have kids of my own several years down the line. It's not exactly a cheap thing to own, but for me, TMNT was the absolute tops of my childhood entertainment above everything else so it's worth it.

[quote name='The Punisher']All this talk about old school stuff is making me think of all the cool shows of the 90's.

Ronan warriors, VR Trooper (not a cartoon, but kind of like power rangers)
Time trax, Sonic (more darker tone), Super mario (cant remember , but had like a live Sgt. intro and sometimes plumbers mario. I remeber seeing later on they had rancoon mario and cape mario, but I just cant remember since its been so long...it was a show)

I wish I could jump on this, but spend so much money.[/QUOTE]

I liked the chili dog eating Sonic, the dark one didn't hold up as well when I re-watched it recently. Super Mario Bros. Super Show is still amazing though! VR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Cyber Squad I haven't seen since they originally aired sadly. I can't remember the Mario cartoon that had Bowser and his kids, but that rocked as a kid!

VR Troopers was so horrible. I couldn't even watch it as a kid. Even Beetleborgs > VR. Ronin Warriors was pretty badass though, almost completely forgot about it.

[quote name='georox']I liked the chili dog eating Sonic, the dark one didn't hold up as well when I re-watched it recently. Super Mario Bros. Super Show is still amazing though! VR Troopers and Super-Human Samurai Cyber Squad I haven't seen since they originally aired sadly. I can't remember the Mario cartoon that had Bowser and his kids, but that rocked as a kid![/QUOTE]

that 26 episode saturday morning sonic show where has the ring and loves chili dogs i thought has held up fairly well.....sorry no idea which sonic you are referring too lol

TMNT honestly i have a few of the single volumes and the show really does not hold up well lol. granted its miles better than your current modern crap of kids cartoons but eh

[quote name='kayne2000']that 26 episode saturday morning sonic show where has the ring and loves chili dogs i thought has held up fairly well.....sorry no idea which sonic you are referring too lol[/QUOTE]
Probably referring to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, the comedic weekday Sonic cartoon.

TMNT honestly i have a few of the single volumes and the show really does not hold up well lol. granted its miles better than your current modern crap of kids cartoons but eh
With all due respect, I wholeheartedly disagree. Avatar/Legend of Korra, Adventure Time, both the 4Kids and Nickelodeon TMNT cartoons, Young Justice, Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Ben 10 (any of them), Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Transformers Animated/Prime, G.I. Joe Renegades, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Star Wars: Clone Wars are all worlds better than the original TMNT cartoon. It helps that most cartoons nowadays are being targeted at tweens/teens thanks to Toonami. That also isn't counting anime.

bread's done
Back