Tekken 5 Discussion and Info

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah so I ended up buying the max drive evo edition (usb key, media creator, action replay) which costs $40 but I got it for $10.50 because I had store credit. So... if I could get that save that would be awesome.. You can msg me on AIM or if you'd rather e-mail, my email is: [email protected], THANKS![/QUOTE]

mkay, I'll be sure to do it as soon as I can copy my recent save file... I can proabbly have it sent later today or tommorow.

Got it! Thanks Rolento!

/me flies into the air, throws 3 bombs at the ground, then gets onto his pogo stick, and hops away.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Got it! Thanks Rolento!

/me flies into the air, throws 3 bombs at the ground, then gets onto his pogo stick, and hops away.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

so what do you think about the save? snazzy or no? and do you like some of my customizations?

I do like your customizations. Mine were mainly dull colors... Whites, Blacks, Greys, with an occasional blue or red suit. Hey I used the Action Replay to get all the items. If you want I could send the file back.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I do like your customizations. Mine were mainly dull colors... Whites, Blacks, Greys, with an occasional blue or red suit. Hey I used the Action Replay to get all the items. If you want I could send the file back.[/QUOTE]

sure! just reply back to the e-mail I sent you. would save me alot of time :)

in case you don't have the e-mail anymore:

[email protected]

I sent it back. I lied about having all the items though. For some reason it only got the items for the P1 costumes. But, you do have 100,000,000 which is enough to buy the rest of them.

[quote name='PhrostByte']No problem, thank you. Now we can actually concentrate on fighting :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

:lol: jeeze, yeah... too much time spent just getting cash. I even played Devil Within mode a few times to spice it up...

Yeah, I could only do that twice... once for DJ and once for the evil symbols... I'm probably never going to do it again. Although I was thinking about getting Death By Degrees. I probably won't cuz of the bad reviews though.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah, I could only do that twice... once for DJ and once for the evil symbols... I'm probably never going to do it again. Although I was thinking about getting Death By Degrees. I probably won't cuz of the bad reviews though.[/QUOTE]

I am going to get DBD anyway, but wait till it goes down in price ALOT... it's too much for how bad of a game it is... the only reasonwhy I would pick it up is due to the fact that it has something to do with Tekken... not to mention, if namco put a game where you play as Heihachi and your goal is to collect poop, I would probably get that also... but only after a price drop.

That's different cuz Heihachi 0wnzinat0rz. Nina is a great fighter (the best I suppose) but she's nowhere near as cool :)

Yep. I think I'm starting to get better as Jin. I've learned the value of WS+2 and uf+2... Oh yeah, juggle game is improving.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yep. I think I'm starting to get better as Jin. I've learned the value of WS+2 and uf+2... Oh yeah, juggle game is improving.[/QUOTE]

yeah... my juggling game has vastly improved over the last month. A month ago I couldn't do one of bryan's nice juggles (specificly: df+3,1,1, f,f+2) but now it's a peice of cake and my timing is always on par! :)

Maybe I should learn Bryan... Jin will always be my main character but he's just not good enough to go up against the Nina's Bryan's Steve's and devil variations of himself :(

yeah... Jin is not up there in my opinion... maybe even try Craig... I am trying to get him down. He's pretty fun and ads alot of veriety to the style of playing+he has awsome juggles mixed in with his air throws :)

Yeah I started using Craig a little bit. I like that launcher he has... b+2? I think... But my brawler of choice has always been King. I usually mix in quick poke game, with launches/juggles (mostly u+4), multi-link throws, and backflips (1+4) :cool:

:lol: those backflips of kings can be pretty cheap if you ask me!

For craig, the launcher i prefer is the df+2... quick and easy.

hmm... for some reason now I wish some other characters had some air throws... those moves are damn awsome, just wish there were more than just a few for king and craig :(

Yes I agree.. One time I got real high and deliberated umongst myself on whether or not it would destroy the novelty of the air throws. I can see some of the weaker/quicker female character having... like an atomic drop or something. Maybe the Mishimas (and/or Bryan) having one of those swinging fists punches like Bryan has, the WS+2, b+2. For characters like Law, Lee, and Hwoarang maybe some sort of flipping kick like Law's f+2+3. Yeah... would be cool I think.
{edit} oh oh oh... actually. A cool air grab would be like, you grab the guy with your hands then jump up and drop kick them.. haha yeah!

And yeah, King's backflip is real cheap... But anyone who knows what they're doing could easily just press u... or techroll out of it. But like other moves, it has its' place in gameplay, sometimes if you time it just righttt, your opponent will get pissed off for falling for something so stupid :whistle2:D

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yes I agree.. One time I got real high and deliberated umongst myself on whether or not it would destroy the novelty of the air throws. I can see some of the weaker/quicker female character having... like an atomic drop or something. Maybe the Mishimas (and/or Bryan) having one of those swinging fists punches like Bryan has, the WS+2, b+2. For characters like Law, Lee, and Hwoarang maybe some sort of flipping kick like Law's f+2+3. Yeah... would be cool I think.
{edit} oh oh oh... actually. A cool air grab would be like, you grab the guy with your hands then jump up and drop kick them.. haha yeah!

And yeah, King's backflip is real cheap... But anyone who knows what they're doing could easily just press u... or techroll out of it. But like other moves, it has its' place in gameplay, sometimes if you time it just righttt, your opponent will get pissed off for falling for something so stupid :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

oddly enough I just realized one other character than craig or king does kinda have somewhat of an air throw... though I can't remember the commands for it. Hwoarang, if i am not mistaken has something that can be put into a juggle. I think it's u+3+4 where he kicks you up with one foot then kicks you over his back with his other foot... that's a pretty nice move right there.

As for the mishimas or bryan having an air throw, that would be cool, but they already are pretty damn good fighters. I would give it to probably only julia, kuma, and jack-5... maybe christie/eddie also... would even out their characters a tiny bit.

Yeah I know about Hwoarang's little hop kick. It's pretty cool. Against scrubs I usually do a sky rocket, a couple punches or kicks, and then do that hop kick.
But do you really think adding air throws would balance out characters? I think they're mostly for show, they don't do much damage... a good juggle would be much more practical.

well, just make them semi ok air throws, but make them chain-able like kings throws. Jack-5 would be pretty good for that something like: f,f+2 then go in for a grabat the legs, toss around opponent like rag doll, then drop to floor and snap their leg, then go into a chokehold to finish it. I don't know... for the non-combo oriented characters (ala the brawlers) this would be a great addition.

Today I destroyed my friend who's actually good at Tekken almost every time.. then we popped in SC2 (his game) and I beat him almost every time with Heihachi... I think I'm getting too good, I need more opponents. Luckily I have a long day at school tomorrow and the asians up there are good. :]

:lol: hey, at least you have some competition... I am trying to get with some people from Tekken Zaibatsu around my area, but i've been too busy and all the people around me from zaibatsu are at the EVO tournaments... so at the moment... no one...

and yes, asians usually do put up a good fight ;)

actually I think my local comic shop has one of those babys in stock... I don't knwo if I could check for you, but that is a nice statue... I also heard that some company is releasing some nice action figures based off of T5... the only characters i can remember so far for it is Devil Jin and Paul... Devil Jin actually looks not too bad...

I've seen those.. they look amazing. But dude, if you could get me that statue for a decent price.. I'd love you forever.

:lol: well, I can check... I might be heading over there next week. be sure to remind me before then. I even think they have some old limited edtion toys of eddy gordo, jun kazama, and lei wulong... those don't look too bad either.

Hey Rolento.. I was wondering if you've heard about Hei's cheap ground combo? Yeah.. ground... it's real cheap.. apparently a glitch.
Anyway this is how it goes: 2,2~1+2, from there you can do f,f+2 or d+4(which is easier but does less damage).
Don't tell too many people though! This is going to be my Steve/Nina/Bryan killer :whistle2:D

Oh I have been. I used it against the top tier hogs at my school and won a decent amount of matches. Then I asked one of the kids "doesn't using Nina all the time take the fun out of it? choose someone else and I'll stop using Heihachi man" So we went through the roster playing as our favorites. My Jin beat his, his DJ beat mine... My King beat his... My Craig beat his... He got my Bryan though :(

Oh yeah. Also, about the move, I think Namco put it in intentionally because the f,f+2 doesn't always hit, you have to get the timing perfect (probably somewhere around 10 frames of leighway). However, like I said the d+4 will always hit... but a better choice is the [4,3] which does less damage than f,f+2 but more than d+4 and is guaranteed.

jeeze I wish i had people to play against more... kinda getting lame only playing a few people every so and so...

I say Hei is not cheap, but he is damn powerful. In my opinion i think of him as a powerhouse version of kazuya/old jin. He's always been a fave of mine just due to all his massive power moves. not to mention some cool looking launchers.

I bet I could whoop that kid's ass with my kazuya and bryan... and thne mix in some devil jin and maybe some craig...

You think you'd beat a decent Nina with your Craig? I dunno dude... I just don't know. I beat his Nina today with his Bryan like 3 times and with Heihachi just once... But my Heihachi is getting better.

well, my craig game is a bit on the downside, but I plan on working on him alot more since I want to get good with a brawler type of character, and craig fit's me out of all the brawlers. Even if i didn't beat the kid, i'd be happy enough just to play.

:lol: yeah right! I go to a community college at the moment (transfering to a bigger university next semester) where most of the kids in school don't know the difference between a PSP and an iPod... or in other words: a pea from a penny. I know there's alot of smart people at my college, but most don't even play video games.

just to re bump and to make this topic a little more alive again, It's nice to see namco has already started work on Tekken 6 for the PS3... hopefully wont just be a pretty game... or turn out like Tekken 4.

bread's done
Back