Tekken 5 Discussion and Info

I don't even have the USB device yet. I was planning on buying one cuz my memory card is out of space and I'd rather just archive most of my saves.. but I'm not sure. I'll get back to you if I buy one soon.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't even have the USB device yet. I was planning on buying one cuz my memory card is out of space and I'd rather just archive most of my saves.. but I'm not sure. I'll get back to you if I buy one soon.[/QUOTE]

sure... just let me know when.

[quote name='simplygriff']What is this media center you speak of?
-G[/QUOTE]

it's datel's usb cable cord that comes with free software. it comes with a PC disc for media and a PS2 disc to transfer your saves all to the PSP. For saves, i found out it saves them with the .max extension, so if anyone has a datel product that works with the PS2, I can send some saves on over.

[quote name='simplygriff']Cool. I don't have one but thanks for the response.
-G[/QUOTE]

anytime man... so... anyone want to banter about anything tekken? just bring up an odd topic and we'll discuss it even if it's really stupid...

I posted this in the deals section and my request post. But I was able to get this for 58 after trade, 85 including the price i paid for the games that i traded in. So might be a more viable option for some of you.

Unfortuately my GS gave away the artbooks with regular tekken 5 purchases :(.

Intresting that the stick from the bundle reached 93 shipping included. on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8178967483&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Btw does anyone know if this will work with those pc/usb - ps2 adapters from radio shack?

I have a Hot Rod SE for the pc, and its better than this stick, not by much though. And the tekken stick plays very close to the arcade tekken 5 that we have here.

[quote name='Theenternal']I posted this in the deals section and my request post. But I was able to get this for 58 after trade, 85 including the price i paid for the games that i traded in. So might be a more viable option for some of you.

Unfortuately my GS gave away the artbooks with regular tekken 5 purchases :(.

Intresting that the stick from the bundle reached 93 shipping included. on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8178967483&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Btw does anyone know if this will work with those pc/usb - ps2 adapters from radio shack?

I have a Hot Rod SE for the pc, and its better than this stick, not by much though. And the tekken stick plays very close to the arcade tekken 5 that we have here.[/QUOTE]

not to sure about that... do you mean PS2 stick to PC or PC stick to PS2?

as for your mokujin rank, congrads! I havent played T5 in a while because of school finals as well as the release of the PSP, but I miss it very very much... I will go back to it very soon to get everyone to Tekken Lord rank... then I'll upload the save to Gamefaqs...

[quote name='Theenternal']I was meaning a converter for the Tekken 5 stick to pc[/QUOTE]

I'm sure a regular converter should work for your stick, like a USB converter. It would be awsome for MAME, so if you can get it to work, let me know... I'm still trying to get my USB game pad (crappy ps1 controller rip off for the PC) working with most of my MAME games... including Tekken...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I bow in respect... I yet have to get around to mokujin, but he's not easy since he IS everyone...[/QUOTE]

I don't deserve the respect. I put the matches on 2 rounds and just quit if I'm about to lose. I think my actual win record with Mokujin is somewhere around 1/5... With my other Lords I played for real though.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't deserve the respect. I put the matches on 2 rounds and just quit if I'm about to lose. I think my actual win record with Mokujin is somewhere around 1/5... With my other Lords I played for real though.[/QUOTE]

Hey, as long as you got him to lord, that's enough to give you my respects.

As soon as my save is uploaded to GameFaqs (if they accept it) then you can pretend you got all those characters to Lord and show them off to friends... oh, and last night I got Xiaoyu to Lord... only 13 more characters. Wont be hard now since all my characters are either Lord or Shihan (including julia).

You're a beast man...
And why did it take you so long to get Xiaoyu up there? That school girl is sooo cute :) She should have been in the top 10 at least hehehe.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You're a beast man...
And why did it take you so long to get Xiaoyu up there? That school girl is sooo cute :) She should have been in the top 10 at least hehehe.[/QUOTE]

:lol: i guess your right, but hten again, there are way to many badass guys in this game... i mean come on list of all badasses:

Heihachi
Kazuya
Bryan
Jack
Paul
Law
Lee
Devil Jin
Mokujin (yes He/She is a badass!)
Nina
Bruce
Yoshi
Raven
Feng...

True... ever since I got Tekken 5 I've been practicing with Jin. Then my friend got it and practiced with Asuka. Today he actually started beating me almost 50% of the time. You can imagine how irritated this got me. So I went old school, I picked Heihachi (someone I've used since the very first Tekken) and got 3 perfect rounds in a row, hah.

[quote name='PhrostByte']True... ever since I got Tekken 5 I've been practicing with Jin. Then my friend got it and practiced with Asuka. Today he actually started beating me almost 50% of the time. You can imagine how irritated this got me. So I went old school, I picked Heihachi (someone I've used since the very first Tekken) and got 3 perfect rounds in a row, hah.[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah I know what it's like, but when you have equally mached games, those can be some of the best experiences. :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: yeah I know what it's like, but when you have equally mached games, those can be some of the best experiences. :)[/QUOTE]

True... but the thing is... if I feel that I have learned the character well. (I know all the moves, some good juggles, some good mixups) and I still lose, I see it as a fault of the character. For example, when I'm Jin, he constantly hits me with those backflips while I'm rising. If I'm a different character, like Heihachi, I can rise quickly and block or roll away, or spring up.. you get the point. Jin seems very weak in this game. DJ, on the other hand, seems very strong. Along with Steve, Nina, Bryan, maybe a few others.

Of course, the obvious solution to my problem is: Don't play as Jin... But he's so cool :cool:

[quote name='PhrostByte']True... but the thing is... if I feel that I have learned the character well. (I know all the moves, some good juggles, some good mixups) and I still lose, I see it as a fault of the character. For example, when I'm Jin, he constantly hits me with those backflips while I'm rising. If I'm a different character, like Heihachi, I can rise quickly and block or roll away, or spring up.. you get the point. Jin seems very weak in this game. DJ, on the other hand, seems very strong. Along with Steve, Nina, Bryan, maybe a few others.

Of course, the obvious solution to my problem is: Don't play as Jin... But he's so cool :cool:[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah, I'm the same way... but I usually go back and practice what I was not doing so well against (like your Jin against your friend's attacks)... I am kinda attached to Jin but not really... but Devil Jin is awsome! I played Jin alot in Tekken 3 days, so Devil Jin totally brought me back and made me feel good (made a pretty boy into a badass :) )

Yeah.. I play them both. In Tekken 4 I never played as Jin. I was too pissed off that he had lost all his moves. Later, after Tekken 5 comes out, I found out, from the Asians at my school, that Jin was hands down the best character in Tekken 4. This is obviously not the case in Tekken 5. So I started playing new Jin and now I have old Jin back and I'm a happy boy.

I also see what you're saying about practicing against certain attacks. But when I choose fighters that I actually enjoy playing as (Jin, King, Xiaoyu) I play for style... and not always to win. So when a slip-up occurs and I end up losing 3 matches in a row, I get pissed off and choose one of my power characters (Bryan, Heihachi, DJ, Jack-5) and I start sweeping the floor :) I can still beat his Asuka with my Jin if I try... but usually I just try to make my fights look nice.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah.. I play them both. In Tekken 4 I never played as Jin. I was too pissed off that he had lost all his moves. Later, after Tekken 5 comes out, I found out, from the Asians at my school, that Jin was hands down the best character in Tekken 4. This is obviously not the case in Tekken 5. So I started playing new Jin and now I have old Jin back and I'm a happy boy.

I also see what you're saying about practicing against certain attacks. But when I choose fighters that I actually enjoy playing as (Jin, King, Xiaoyu) I play for style... and not always to win. So when a slip-up occurs and I end up losing 3 matches in a row, I get pissed off and choose one of my power characters (Bryan, Heihachi, DJ, Jack-5) and I start sweeping the floor :) I can still beat his Asuka with my Jin if I try... but usually I just try to make my fights look nice.[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah, I try mostly for sytle over winning... It's more fun to impress your opponent then beat him to a pulp... unless you keep loosing then it's just annoying. Yeah... it's fun to pop up a huge juggle and take about half your oppponents life away and then see the look on your friends face. awsome stuff :)

oh, and an update over the past few days I got the following characters to Lord:

Wang
Yoshimitsu
Mokujin (pain in arse, but fun)

next up is my choice from these guys:
Roger Jr.
Marduk
Baek

help me figure out what to do next... or not :(

finally I only have 10 more characters to go for Lord rank... then I'm done :D 20/30 done so far...

Oh yeah. I wanted to post about something that happened to me.. I thought you'd appreciate it.

I was walking around this ghetto ass shopping center after my friend stopped by Popeyes to get some fried chicken, cornbread, and watermelon.. So we stopped by this Power Gamer and there were people playing Tekken. This one short black guy with dreads and glasses won a match with a perfect... so I figured, "hell let me see that controller". And I got to business. I picked King (one character that I don't play extremely well, but win for the most part because of the mental trickery... mostly tossups between throws and pokes). Well, he perfect'd me the first round. And I lose the other two. My friend gives it a shot with his Asuka. He does a little bit better than me but still loses all 3 rounds. So we get to talkin. Apparently this guy is like... a real pro. He says he got 4th at the national Tekken 4 tournament last year... I don't remember his name though. :( He used a "namco fighting arcade stick". It was grey in color.. Well, me and my friend played him for the next two hours. I beat him once (out of like 40 times) with Heihachi and my friend beat him once with Asuka. I'm gonna try to head back there when I have time to fight him some more... He was a beast.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Oh yeah. I wanted to post about something that happened to me.. I thought you'd appreciate it.

I was walking around this ghetto ass shopping center after my friend stopped by Popeyes to get some fried chicken, cornbread, and watermelon.. So we stopped by this Power Gamer and there were people playing Tekken. This one short black guy with dreads and glasses won a match with a perfect... so I figured, "hell let me see that controller". And I got to business. I picked King (one character that I don't play extremely well, but win for the most part because of the mental trickery... mostly tossups between throws and pokes). Well, he perfect'd me the first round. And I lose the other two. My friend gives it a shot with his Asuka. He does a little bit better than me but still loses all 3 rounds. So we get to talkin. Apparently this guy is like... a real pro. He says he got 4th at the national Tekken 4 tournament last year... I don't remember his name though. :( He used a "namco fighting arcade stick". It was grey in color.. Well, me and my friend played him for the next two hours. I beat him once (out of like 40 times) with Heihachi and my friend beat him once with Asuka. I'm gonna try to head back there when I have time to fight him some more... He was a beast.[/QUOTE]

wow! I wish i could play him! lucky find! also, i'm impresssed you beat him at least once. Myabe someday u and I can go head to head (and you whoop my ass).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow! I wish i could play him! lucky find! also, i'm impresssed you beat him at least once. Myabe someday u and I can go head to head (and you whoop my ass).[/QUOTE]

Yep that would be cool. Although... I don't know if it would involve me beating your ass. After all, I have less than 50% lords heh. :applause:

But yeah we should play. Maybe in the summer or something.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yep that would be cool. Although... I don't know if it would involve me beating your ass. After all, I have less than 50% lords heh. :applause:

But yeah we should play. Maybe in the summer or something.[/QUOTE]

:lol: i need a plane ticket to baltimore then :lol:

[quote name='mofo1115']I am so picking this bundle up... just wondering, can you use this stick with other games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but will not work with games that require analog.

I really wish that this game supported online play :(. Need some live competition so I can get better. And the local arcades charge 1.00 a play! No I have not put any money in that machine.

well... I have only 3.5 characters to go... I have everyone to tekken lord except the following:

Asuka (shihan)
Julia (shihan)
Bruce (shihan)
Ganryu (at the moment he is warlord)

wish me luck... i hope to have it all done by this weekend... mixed in with all my finals to study for... :(

Good luck. I'll be forced to buy a max drive once you do it. :)

btw, here's a tip for Bruce. Wait for the cpu to attack.

1,2,1,2. it'll send them flying
run in and hit them with f,f+3
if it doesn't hit, try d/f+3, 1

if it does hit, just repeat step 1.. should work for upper level guys

[quote name='PhrostByte']Good luck. I'll be forced to buy a max drive once you do it. :)

btw, here's a tip for Bruce. Wait for the cpu to attack.

1,2,1,2. it'll send them flying
run in and hit them with f,f+3
if it doesn't hit, try d/f+3, 1

if it does hit, just repeat step 1.. should work for upper level guys[/QUOTE]

I'm also learning that something cheap with Bruce is his 3,3... it seems to work since I suck with bruce.

Oh, last night I got Ganryu and Asuka to Tekken Lord... and Bruce is a Champion at the moment.... Julia is the last on my list since she is my least favorite. any good tips with her since I suck major basket balls with her?

No I suck with Julia too. But I know that she has that awesome launcher... and from there she's got some nice juggles... Also, she plays like Wang a bit, so, if you're good with him, maybe some moves will carry over?

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I'm suprised this topic is still alive, go to Tekkenzaibatsu.com if you want some real strats!!![/QUOTE]

me too!

... update: got bruce to sage... almsot there!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']thanx.... now I don't know what to do with myself. I might as well just die now... (after my finals...)[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I don't have all Lords of course, but I already feel sorta done with the game (speaking in 1-player terms). It's a fighting game so of course it'll live on in 2-player matches... that's what it's for. But, there's not much to earn and do... I beat Devil Within twice, bought all the accessories I wanted, beat the game with every character, got all my favorite characters to Lord. I could keep going and trying to unlock all the other accessories. But that's so tedious and time consuming... You hardly get any money! Although I'm sure you have a lot, that's why I can't wait to get my hands on that save file. I'll probably buy that Max Drive tomorrow if I have time.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah.. I don't have all Lords of course, but I already feel sorta done with the game (speaking in 1-player terms). It's a fighting game so of course it'll live on in 2-player matches... that's what it's for. But, there's not much to earn and do... I beat Devil Within twice, bought all the accessories I wanted, beat the game with every character, got all my favorite characters to Lord. I could keep going and trying to unlock all the other accessories. But that's so tedious and time consuming... You hardly get any money! Although I'm sure you have a lot, that's why I can't wait to get my hands on that save file. I'll probably buy that Max Drive tomorrow if I have time.[/QUOTE]

:lol: alot of the items are way too expensive in my opnion, even after gaining Lord with all my characters... I still haev alot of items to get... which I probably will never be able to get (mainly heihachi's and Devil Jin's items... too damn expensive!). I gotta resend my updated file to gamefaqs, but for some reason they never put up my old save... weird. If you do get a max drive (or if you have the Media Manager for the PSP) i'll be glad to send you my file. Don't buy the damn $30 max drive just for this... buy a game at least... unless you want to show off all your "lords" to your friends :lol:

Yeah so I ended up buying the max drive evo edition (usb key, media creator, action replay) which costs $40 but I got it for $10.50 because I had store credit. So... if I could get that save that would be awesome.. You can msg me on AIM or if you'd rather e-mail, my email is: [email protected], THANKS!

bread's done
Back