Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle - $99 Frys

Oh I wish we had this store on the east coast. Or at least have this ad and PM at some store that doesn't notice where it is.

[quote name='sephiroth1215']Oh I wish we had this store on the east coast. Or at least have this ad and PM at some store that doesn't notice where it is.[/QUOTE]

Atlanta has one. =)

Sweet! How's the wireless stick controller compared to SF TE stick? I'm thinking of getting this...

i read that the tekken stick is decent. the wireless function is what people are skeptical about since wireless hardware is known to have lag. On SRK.com reviewers say that the wireless portion is up to people's standards but compared the the sanwa style buttons that the madcatz has, its not up to par. But im sure you guys have handled a HORI stick in the past right? Maybe which I believe the tekken 4 stick for ps2? it should be similar to that one.

[quote name='bizzyoz']i read that the tekken stick is decent. the wireless function is what people are skeptical about since wireless hardware is known to have lag. On SRK.com reviewers say that the wireless portion is up to people's standards but compared the the sanwa style buttons that the madcatz has, its not up to par. But im sure you guys have handled a HORI stick in the past right? Maybe which I believe the tekken 4 stick for ps2? it should be similar to that one.[/QUOTE]
Subtract that cost of Tekken an evaluate it on that cost basis and I'll take the less desirable buttons.

[quote name='eau']MarkMan, any review on the wireless stick yet?[/QUOTE]

i don't think I'm going to review it, but it's not bad. worth it if you want a wireless solution and don't wanna go the mod route.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Does BBy carry this bundle?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It doesn't appear to something specific only to Frys. Amazon and BB both have these listed on their sites.

I thought the Tekken 5 stick was decent, but than it was my first stick. I have just bought a HARP-SA and it's worlds better. But for what would be $40 for the stick after subtracting the cost of the game, it would probably be well worth it. Actually kinda wish I had a Frys near me now to get one. Is this a nationwide Frys deal or one of those local ones?

I don't understand how this company consistently has drastically lower prices than anyone else. I'd kill to have a Frys near me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Didn't realize I stumbled upon richassgamer.[/QUOTE]

This is a $50 discount from MSRP.

here's the ad, btw

[quote name='perdition(troy']Didn't realize I stumbled upon richassgamer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, idiotassgamer is ---> way...

Best of luck finding it ;)

Thanks for the deal, OP.

[quote name='Japakneez']is this stick easily modded? Can we just drop in Buttons and Sanwa or Seitmitsu stick?[/QUOTE]

No, the buttons are soldered to the PCB. You can remove them but it takes some desoldering work. I bet the button holes require grinding in order to fit Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons too, but I haven't checked.

Out of utility, I used my only other 50% coupon (first was on DJ Hero Renegade) on this giftset to get it down to around 40 bucks on Amazon.

I was considering selling the stick if it was bad but wanted to keep it in case I have friends over or want to drag both sticks into the office for a tournament.

My other is a MadCatz TE and it is a godsend. I'm by no means a tournament level player nor will I ever be but I am happy with the TE and wanted something that was comparable but not necessarily equivalent.

My other major question:what is the lifespan of Hori sticks like this? Will it last if kept in decent shape?

[quote name='Wario64']This is a $50 discount from MSRP.

here's the ad, btw

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't see the ad on your post. Maybe it's just me. But here it is if others can not see it as well.

4053948806_f33551d064_o.jpg

I broke down and picked this up... my local Fry's (San Diego) had a ton of 360 edition but no PS3, so I had to head up to San Marcos which had a ton of PS3 but no 360. Anyway the stick is pretty much on par with a Fighting Stick 3 or EX2 with no turbo. Not even close to a MadCatz TE stick but it's really thin and light... good for playing on your lap or from the bed.

The artbook is pretty badass though... 8.5 x 11 or so glossy hardcover.

I got both the 360/PS3 versions from Amazon for pretty cheap.

My last 3 sticks were the SFIV Tournament Stick, the HRAP SA on PS3, and the HRAP SE on X360 (very damn good btw). This game in the mail and I wanted to mod it immediately. If only the damn PCBs weren't soldered to the damn buttons directly.

It's not a terrible stick... but if you've touched the recent sticks I've just mentioned you may wanna pass it up.

If you can get it for $99 I'd say go for it... Tekken 6 is that good of a game regardless of how much the online blows. $40 for a wireless stick?... Woohoo

[quote name='CaoPi']The real question is if the bundle is really limited? The T5 bundle was not so limited after all....[/QUOTE]

I work at a Best Buy. We got no SFIV sticks in-store.
We have like eight of these T6 bundles. No way in the hell are they limited.

Can someone please tell me if the PS3 stick is backwards compatible with PS2 games on a 60 gig PS3? I have tons of PS2 games that do not work with the SF IV Tournament edition stick :whistle2:(

[quote name='oasisboy']Can someone please tell me if the PS3 stick is backwards compatible with PS2 games on a 60 gig PS3? I have tons of PS2 games that do not work with the SF IV Tournament edition stick :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yes.

I had to go to Fry's anyways so I bit. Still not sure why though, Tekken 6 without the stick will probably be $20 in a few months and I already have too many sticks. Meh.

Free poster (calm down, it is of two bare-chested male fighters IIRC) and "tattoo skin" (wtf is that, I didn't even look at it yet, think it was a fabric cover for the console or the box the disc is in) at Fry's as well if you're a big enough dork to hound a sales rep in the video games section about it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Can someone please tell me if the PS3 stick is backwards compatible with PS2 games on a 60 gig PS3? I have tons of PS2 games that do not work with the SF IV Tournament edition stick :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

The instruction manual for it states that it ISN"T compatible with the psone and ps 2 platforms or PS2 games on the PS3 . It doesn't say anything about PSone games for the PS3. Also it uses a dongle much like the SF4 fight pads.

Anyway you slice it, if you were considering this bundle, this deal is SMOKING! 1/3 off of MSRP ($50) the day after release??

Does anyone think this Tekken 6 LE Bundle will be even cheaper on Black Friday?

I swung by the Fremont Fry's (SF Bay Area) and there were at least 10 of the PS3 ones.

If you just want the stick then get it at $99 and sell the game and artbook on ebay.
Game should fetch around 46 and artbook around 20 on ebay.

[quote name='gti443']I broke down and picked this up... my local Fry's (San Diego) had a ton of 360 edition but no PS3, so I had to head up to San Marcos which had a ton of PS3 but no 360. Anyway the stick is pretty much on par with a Fighting Stick 3 or EX2 with no turbo. Not even close to a MadCatz TE stick but it's really thin and light... good for playing on your lap or from the bed.

The artbook is pretty badass though... 8.5 x 11 or so glossy hardcover.[/QUOTE]

same thing here. I was really looking for a TE at the San Diego store but didn't see any and figured since I was already there, bought this..

Thank goodness I saw this thread late yesterday. I had already bought this when it came out at BB, but went immediately back for the PM down. I thought I was getting to get an extra 10% off, but evidently they phased that out/don't do that anymore. Sucks, but I got the price discount, plus they allowed me to use the 10% off coupon during the PM.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I was about to get this... but I got Tekken 6 in BB's glitch instead.

To make it up though, I'm thinking of buying a Hori stick.[/QUOTE]

Glitch? What glitch? I hadn't heard of any glitch.

bread's done
Back