Tekken 6 no longer PS3 exclusive!

Apparently both versions are coming out on the same day.

I'm sick of this BS of once exclusives becoming multi-plat which then causes a delay in the release of the original version.

I'm getting the PS3 version.

I'm not surprised at all by this. Take a look at ALL the Namco exclusive 360 games on XBLA and disc-based games. Why would they bring Mr. Driller Online, Idol Master, ToV, Beautiful Katamari, etc. on 360 when they don't suit its market the best? SCIV did very well on 360, so oh course Namco wants money from both platforms.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Yeah. You stick it to the man and then twist that knife.[/quote]
Maybe read the whole post?

As I said in the GGT, not surprising. Pretty sure Soul Calibur IV sold better on the 360, so Namco new they couldn't turn their backs on those $$$ and keep it exclusive to the PS3.

It's actually kinda annoying, coz I just know that they're gonna release it on PS3 first, and then they'll put new shit in the 360 version. It always seems to happen...

[quote name='Chacrana']It's actually kinda annoying, coz I just know that they're gonna release it on PS3 first, and then they'll put new shit in the 360 version. It always seems to happen...[/quote]

they're releasing the same day. also chac you better stop sucking at tekken by then ;)

on a side note PS3 SCIV sold the best, not 360. did good sales on both though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']they're releasing the same day. also chac you better stop sucking at tekken by then ;)

on a side note PS3 SCIV sold the best, not 360. did good sales on both though.[/QUOTE]

So no Tekken 6 at all until Fall?

Well fuck that. I don't even care about Tekken now.

8wclg2.gif

This was me when I heard the news

namco sell more games on the xbox360 then on the ps3 right now take a look at sciv sales

And I wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 comes on the xbox360 a year from now

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to change the look of my site, because the comments on there were getting ridiculous....

Alas... some people were flooding my email... I ended up reverting it back...

For the sake of memories though...

2926589768_00a838c119_o.jpg

If it was released for the PS3 only i would've reacted with a "meh". It's not a system seller and therefore it makes more sense to make it multiplatform. I will be buying it on my 360.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']
8wclg2.gif

This was me when I heard the news

namco sell more games on the xbox360 then on the ps3 right now take a look at sciv sales

And I wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 comes on the xbox360 a year from now[/QUOTE]

Mgs4 isn't coming to 360, the day that happens halo 3 comes out for Ps3

[quote name='Cheapass24']Mgs4 isn't coming to 360, the day that happens halo 3 comes out for Ps3[/quote]
That shit doesn't even make sense. Halo 3 is a MS game, MGS4 is not a Sony game. Nice try though.

[quote name='Cheapass24']Mgs4 isn't coming to 360, the day that happens halo 3 comes out for Ps3[/quote]

MGS4 is a konami game and like all game companies they like money if they would release MGS4 on xbox 360 they wil make a crap ton of money :)

other MGS games appeared on the orginal xbox and gamecube in the past

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']MGS4 is a konami game and like all game companies they like money if they would release MGS4 on xbox 360 they wil make a crap ton of money :)

other MGS games appeared on the orginal xbox and gamecube in the past[/QUOTE]

Hi, let's remember what the fucking title of this thread is.

The days of non-first party title exclusives seems to be over.
What does the PS3 have in terms of AAA exclusives left besides MGS not on the 360? Hell, even the AAA exclusives on the 360 end up going PC anyways.

This is good news for me since I don't own a PS3. I'll be buying it on the 360.

I love Tekken, and don't have a PS3, so this is good news. I'll probably buy it, but I heard that it doesn't look nearly as good as Street Fighter IV. Giant Bomb was talking about the arcade units that they played in Japan.

so.....any 3rd party exclusives left besides MGS4? XIII versus?

really amazing how quickly and easily Sony took 3rd place this gen. Everything they had going for them in the PS2 gen is totally gone.

[quote name='sj41']I love Tekken, and don't have a PS3, so this is good news. I'll probably buy it, but I heard that it doesn't look nearly as good as Street Fighter IV. Giant Bomb was talking about the arcade units that they played in Japan.[/quote]

I hear quite the opposite.

People who have played both say that Tekken 6 is the superior looking title (graphically).

I've only played Street Fighter IV (official cabinet) and I will vouch that it looks great. I'll play Tekken 6 this weekend and base my personal judgment then.

Don't let my avatar/sig/tag fool you though. I like Tekken, but I'm unbiased and tell it like it iz... (right guys? i hope) lol.

I dunno... "CAG Tekken Master", "SD TEKKEN 619, SD TEKKEN, Tekken Zaibatsu, World War 6, Kazuya avatar...

I'd say you like Tekken more than a little ;)

I really dont give a shit what console its on as long its on PS3 still. I just want the game to come out. We had trailers of this game since they introduced the PS3. Its already out in japanese arcades too. :p

I seriously wonder now which one will stand as the tourney version and the overall better. My guess is PS3 since that is the lead platform, but it'll be odd to see what differences are between the two.

note: PSN Japan Store has the trailer up for download. hotness...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I seriously wonder now which one will stand as the tourney version and the overall better. My guess is PS3 since that is the lead platform, but it'll be odd to see what differences are between the two.

[/QUOTE]

I would bet the PS3 version because of the Dpad.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']same reasoning for me as well...[/QUOTE]

wait wait wait you play tekken without a stick???

[quote name='BULL_Ship']wait wait wait you play tekken without a stick???[/quote]

yes, and my only blame is money. I never have enough to spare for a stick.

I'll prove to you I kick ass though even without a stick if the need be.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']wait wait wait you play tekken without a stick???[/quote]

You also forget that the PS3 also works with standard usb gamepads so you can use any arcade stick from the PS1 and 2 era with converter or even a PC USB stick.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I seriously wonder now which one will stand as the tourney version and the overall better. My guess is PS3 since that is the lead platform, but it'll be odd to see what differences are between the two.
[/QUOTE]

I would guess the PS3 version would be tourney friendly, mostly because of the amount of PS2/PS3 stick converters out there. Many people already have them or have easy access to the ones (that are good) available.

I agree with Rodeo & VAD3R or Fro, it's a win/win situation for owners of either system. PS3 version for me.

I actually boutht a Ps3 just for Tekken online.

It's cool for it to come out for Xbox I guess (I have a lot more friends tha have Xbox) but the controller still sucks for fighters, maybe I'll get a hori stick or something if I can but wow it's still 4oo$ I wouldent have spent otherwise. Well maybe Little Big Plannet will be cool.

My stick situation at the time will determine which version I get. I have PS2 sticks that run wonderfully on the PS3 with the Pelican convertors. That being said, I'm planning to get the super deluxe turbo MadCatz 360 stick so if I wind up liking that more than any of my PS2 sticks, I'll get the 360 version.

its funny how people are like "ZOMG!! SONY GOING DOWN!!! MGS4 FOR 360 NEXT YEAR!"

When i start seeing decent titles (no Halo 3 is crap, and i dont care about XBLA games) on 360, then ill believe it.

back to the subject, kinda gay how all the companies this gen are money whores. But at least everyone can enjoy Tekken now.

[quote name='refusedchaos']its funny how people are like "ZOMG!! SONY GOING DOWN!!! MGS4 FOR 360 NEXT YEAR!"

When i start seeing decent titles (no Halo 3 is crap, and i dont care about XBLA games) on 360, then ill believe it.

back to the subject, kinda gay how all the companies this gen are money whores. But at least everyone can enjoy Tekken now.[/quote]

I think the companies have always been money whores.. but as 360 and PS3 have similar fan bases this generation, it only makes sense to make things multi-platform. Last generation, when PS2 was king.. a lot of the time it wasn't worth the effort to port games over.

[quote name='refusedchaos']

When i start seeing decent titles (no Halo 3 is crap, and i dont care about XBLA games) on 360, then ill believe it.[/quote]

As opposed to the PS3 which has all the same titles as the 360 and nothing else? (MGS4 is crap, and I don't care about PSN games)

[quote name='Maklershed']As opposed to the PS3 which has all the same titles as the 360 and nothing else? (MGS4 is crap, and I don't care about PSN games)[/quote]

if only it didn't turn to this......Who the fuck cares what you stick the disc in, its all about the game.

[quote name='Maklershed']As opposed to the PS3 which has all the same titles as the 360 and nothing else? (MGS4 is crap, and I don't care about PSN games)[/QUOTE]

*looks at shelf and sees: MGS4, Initial D, Ninja Gaiden, Siren, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, and a working, 1st ps3. looks at 360 section and sees: Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden 2, and my 9th 360 *

but anyways. ill just end it here so we dont go off topic anymore

bread's done
Back