(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guise, let's get angry about vidya gaems :drool:

(also cover variants are very important to hardcore collectors, I'm not one of them but I'd imagine they'd want this JUST for the exclusive cover the book has)

[quote name='Tsel'] I could buy all the contents of a collector's edition, but that wouldn't mean anything to a collector who wants to collect the entire thing.[/QUOTE]

There are very few LEs containing items you can simply buy elsewhere. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but I can't think of a single sought after LE that just had items you could purchase separately.

[quote name='Slowdance']There are very few LEs containing items you can simply buy elsewhere. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but I can't think of a single sought after LE that just had items you could purchase separately.[/QUOTE]

I was mostly referring to eBay, but you can also get items through various other means, even through CAG. I have all of the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition contents, bar the actual box. Also, while it may not be on the same level, variant covers are very collectible. Maybe not as much in the video game world, but variant covers go for ridiculous amounts in the comic book industry. Some of the most expensive and rare comics are ones with variant covers.

[quote name='Tsel'] Some of the most expensive and rare comics are ones with variant covers.[/QUOTE]

Some of the most expensive and rare comics...of the last 20 years possibly. I don't think Detective Comics or Action Comics did variants.:lol:

[quote name='Slowdance']Some of the most expensive and rare comics...of the last 20 years possibly. I don't think Detective Comics or Action Comics did variants.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Ironically enough, The Walking Dead is what I had in mind when I made that argument since they release a shit ton of variants and many of them go for insane prices.

[quote name='Tsel']Ironically enough, The Walking Dead is what I had in mind when I made that argument since they release a shit ton of variants and many of them go for insane prices.[/QUOTE]

Not ironic at all. I kinda figured you meant chump change, and not actually rare or expensive comics.

Dunno if it's been posted already (probably has) but the Xbox version seems to be unavailable to pre-order now from GS.com

I'm a sucker for gorgeous CE's, and although I'm loving TWD (show/game), there's no way I'd spend $70 for what is essentially just the comic since I already beat the the episodes and have no intention of revisiting them (as much as I liked it).

[quote name='Tsel']$2,000 is chump change? http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking...5354561?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d60cf041

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking...410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cb659ffa[/QUOTE]

Maybe you don't recall since it was several posts ago, but you said:

"Some of the most expensive and rare comics are ones with variant covers."

and now you're showing me a couple $2000 listings. I have no problem calling that chump change when we're talking about rare and expensive comics. I really shouldn't have to explain that.

[quote name='Slowdance']Maybe you don't recall since it was several posts ago, but you said:

"Some of the most expensive and rare comics are ones with variant covers."

and now you're showing me a couple $2000 listings. I have no problem calling that chump change when we're talking about rare and expensive comics. I really shouldn't have to explain that.[/QUOTE]

And then you said of the last 20 years and mentioned them only being worth chump change. Rare and expensive comics, yeah, that'd be chump change. It's a decent amount when we're talking about variants though, especially in today's economy.

Ok? If you want to change the subject thats fine, but I was still going off what you said a few posts ago. A $2000 comic is not even close to one of the most rare and expensive.

I'm honestly not sure if you're actually confused or you're just scrambling to reply to everything I say.

[quote name='Slowdance']Ok? If you want to change the subject thats fine, but I was still going off what you said a few posts ago. A $2000 comic is not even close to one of the most rare and expensive.

I'm honestly not sure if you're actually confused or you're just scrambling to reply to everything I say.[/QUOTE]

We were talking about variants, not comic books in general. The argument stemmed from the prior argument that said the game's variant cover would make it more valuable. Not once were we talking about the the rarity of any and all comics, only variants.

[quote name='Tsel']We were talking about variants, not comic books in general. The argument stemmed from the prior argument that said the game's variant cover would make it more valuable. Not once were we talking about the the rarity of any and all comics, only variants.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel'] Some of the most expensive and rare comics are ones with variant covers.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, can you stop responding until you read your own fucking posts?

[quote name='Slowdance']Seriously, can you stop responding until you read your own fucking posts?[/QUOTE]

Man, you are delusional. You're in your own world, aren't you? You act like that previous post didn't mention variant covers at all. I was talking about them from the start. It's not my fault you can't comprehend even the simplest things.

[quote name='Tsel']Man, you are delusional. You're in your own world, aren't you? You act like that previous post didn't mention variant covers at all. I was talking about them from the start. It's not my fault you can't comprehend even the simplest things.[/QUOTE]

So I guess what you meant to say was "Some of the most rare and expensive comics with variant covers are the ones with variant covers"? Seems a little redundant, but ok?

Because [quote name='Tsel'] Some of the most expensive and rare comics are ones with variant covers.[/QUOTE]

does not seem to exclude uhhh, every other comic in the world. My apologies if english is not your first language, but i'm having trouble understanding how this confuses you.

[quote name='roundhouse']I'm astonished at the amount of people on here willing to pay $70 for a downloadable game.[/QUOTE]

they arent paying 70 for a downloadable game. they are paying 70 for a physical copy of the game(all 5 episodes). again the significance is walking dead's popularity is based off its content and art, which the case is trying to appeal. then you get the "exlusive" box( i know i know, its a box bbut when you have the ce sometimes you keep the box), and you get the first compendium which is a 40 dollar value, which comes with an exclusive cover meaning itll be a bit rarer. so just dont.

[quote name='Tsel']Yeah, I wouldn't call it short, but it's certainly not long either. I spent about 2-3 hours on each chapter, so probably around 12 hours total.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I've gotten similar quotes from my cousin and friends who have completed all episodes. I recently beat Hitman Absolution and it took me about 10-12 hours but I'll be replaying it at least 2 more times for the challenges and on higher difficulties. TWD I'll probably play through once on 360 and possibly once on PS3 since I got the first 2 episodes free through PS+ and might as well complete it there too. Not much replay value is my main concern. With such a backlog that's a good thing I guess.

[quote name='Vigilante']Anybody?[/QUOTE]

I have the limited edition pre-ordered for the 360, and I'm not opening it, but to buy to play, I'd go with PC. Something about a point and click game and and analog stick just doesn't sound right to me. I don't know. If I had to pick though, I'd go 360 for the controller. I couldn't imagine there being much of a difference between them.

[quote name='Tsel']Yeah, I wouldn't call it short, but it's certainly not long either. I spent about 2-3 hours on each chapter, so probably around 12 hours total.[/QUOTE]

Your right. During Ch. 1-4 I roughly spend 2 an half hours making tough decisions for Clementine & my crew. So of course am getting the C.E next week because I haven't read the comic & am a huge fan of the TV series & maybe hopefully the trophies stack up with the digital version. Double the platinum :bouncy:.

Damn, I preordered this thing to resell, but after much thought I think I might just keep it. Been wanting to play the game and the comics sound like an interesting read, and I am a huge huge huge fan of the tv series. I was kinda regretting the whole purchase but when u think about it, for a fan of a series that is huge in popularity owning something this limited is a pretty cool thing.

If they had also thrown in the first season of the TV show, would have bit. As it stands I have a Season Pass for the game already.

Disappointed I can't play this today. How hard is it to slap a downloadable game on a disc and send it out? It's probably going to be like the Resident Evil 4/CV, Journey, ME1, etc. physical copies where it's just the PSN download with disc verification. It should have been out the same day as the final episode - not week(s) later.

[quote name='thegame956']So this thing is popping out on eBay for $129 all over the place[/QUOTE]

Only a few sold at that price though and they included shipping. Several sold at $100 with free shipping which is not much profit at all especially if you live in a state with tax and then have to pay the 13% Paypal/Ebay fees. You're gonna end up clearing literally $10.

Is there a picture of the Best Buy exclusive cover anywhere? I'm trying to decide whether I should get the standard edition from Amazon or Best Buy.

[quote name='dino88']Is there a picture of the Best Buy exclusive cover anywhere? I'm trying to decide whether I should get the standard edition from Amazon or Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the Amazon cover and compare it to the Best Buy cover you'll notice they're different. It's subtle but the covers are different. There's also an ad for the game in the December @Gamer magazine that has a slightly different cover compared to the one on Best Buy link. It has a Best Buy logo on the bottom advertising the LE poster inside. There's also a small picture of the poster as well.

[quote name='Sway']If you look at the Amazon cover and compare it to the Best Buy cover you'll notice they're different. It's subtle but the covers are different. There's also an ad for the game in the December @Gamer magazine that has a slightly different cover compared to the one on Best Buy link. It has a Best Buy logo on the bottom advertising the LE poster inside. There's also a small picture of the poster as well.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should have looked closer. I see it now. I was expecting something completely different I guess. Thanks

[quote name='Sway']If you look at the Amazon cover and compare it to the Best Buy cover you'll notice they're different. It's subtle but the covers are different. There's also an ad for the game in the December @Gamer magazine that has a slightly different cover compared to the one on Best Buy link. It has a Best Buy logo on the bottom advertising the LE poster inside. There's also a small picture of the poster as well.[/QUOTE]Hmm...unless I'm mistaken, the BBY cover doesn't depict the characters on the Amazon cover, only walkers, which, one could argue, means that only "the walking dead" are on the BBY cover and as such, the game title fits even more so.

...I'm probably overthinking this.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hmm...unless I'm mistaken, the BBY cover doesn't depict the characters on the Amazon cover, only walkers, which, one could argue, means that only "the walking dead" are on the BBY cover and as such, the game title fits even more so.

...I'm probably overthinking this.[/QUOTE]

You are.
"The Walking Dead" actually refers to those who haven't turned.

[quote name='salty tbone']You are.
"The Walking Dead" actually refers to those who haven't turned.
[/QUOTE]You know what? I actually flipped through one of the comic collections and saw that on the last page. I just completely forgot about it until now. :whistle2:#

It did make my jaw drop, though, because it just sounded ominous in that "awesome" way and like the property more than before. I watched the show's first season, stopped when the second season started, and never really felt like getting back into the third season; based on what I've seen of the comic, however, and the review scores I've seen for the individual episodes for the Telltale games, I'm definitely interested in this collection.

I ended up cancelling my preorder for this. I'm definitely getting the game....I just don't have the need to pick up the graphic novel with just an alt cover. It there were a statue or anything else....

The PS3 version is now gone as well, so that's it.

Just yesterday at lunch I went to my local Game Stop and preordered the PS3 version, so I just barely got in!

i missed out by a day (was in hospital), if anyone wants to sell theirs for cost plus some for your trouble, PM me :)

[quote name='Galloughs']Is this available for PC? Because I'm part of the Master Race who doesn't own a console![/QUOTE]

The CE is not but the regluar game is available.

[quote name='Galloughs']Is this available for PC? Because I'm part of the Master Race who doesn't own a console![/QUOTE]

The master race that begins sentences with "because"?

[quote name='PetersHere']The master race that begins sentences with "because"?[/QUOTE]

Lol couldn't stop lol at this..!!! Also the master race must update virus software and operating system constantly.

[quote name='thegame956']Lol couldn't stop lol at this..!!! Also the master race must update virus software and operating system constantly.[/QUOTE]
...Who the hell updates OS' constantly? That's beyond stupid.

Anyway, trying to fight all temptations of picking this up as I only need to get Episodes 4 and 5, but DAMN does having it all on disc sound convenient and that comic compendium would be nice to have.

bread's done
Back