(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']not entirely true. i collect seashells because i like them; they aren't worth shit.

and i just put the disc into my ps3 and theres already an update lol. maybe it fixes the previously mentioned freezes[/QUOTE]

Well, what I meant was, people who collect collectibles; hence the comparison to rare sports cards. I suppose I could have clarified further, but oh well...

[quote name='needler420']I been saying for awhile staff need to eventually do something other wise they will reverse the fact that the premise of this site is to buy cheap video games.

Lately what is happening is people price gouge people that missed a deal.

You're not going to have a cheap ass site for games when you have resellers coming in and buying stupid amounts of copies to throw on ebay and then for teh one guy who was busy that day or had work etc now has to get priced gouged by the scalpers.[/QUOTE]

Whether people comment about it or not won't change much, if you ask me. There's countless people who I'm sure have no account, who visit this site, amongst others, to gather information on cheap games, and upcoming limited editions and whatnot. A few sparse comments here and there don't change a thing. I think the entire situation is being exaggerated. If you want to stop some of these eBay users, cut off their source of information, and make this forum, and others, private. That's not going to happen though. However, if there was an option to make threads visible to users only... I don't know.

Anyway, scalpers are few and far between. You're talking about fifty or so people on eBay, selling an item that was sold by the thousands. The people looking on eBay wouldn't have gotten the item anyway. They're on eBay because they're late to the game. If the scalper didn't get it, some other random guy would have, and that guy on eBay would never have a chance to pick a copy up. The big fans, most of the time, get what they want, because they're first in line. Scalpers are typically last, and then you have those guys who just recently heard of its popularity, and are enthralled, so they hop on eBay to grab one (sure, fans miss out, but not everyone can have a limited item--there will always be some fans missing out, no matter what).

The only time scalpers really bother me, is when something is given to them free (Metro 2033 steam key), or really cheap (humble bundle), and they try to profit from it. There's a few jackasses on eBay trying to sell the Metro keys, and one that I saw trying to sell the humble bundle. They're just blatantly scamming people, especially since these things are still available. They should, without a doubt, be reported.

[quote name='yobaburp']I have the whole season of the Walking Dead off of XBL played it and loved it. I bought the CE to flip for a profit. I grabbed a PS3 copy and XBOX 360 copy. I don't really know why people are bitching over someone trying to make a profit off of the CE. My thing is if you were too lazy or stupid to not preoder the CE not my freaking problem.[/QUOTE]
I do not care but you must have real bad karma for how you treat people. Enjoy flipping and being a angry person. :applause:

So are both the PS3 and 360 versions of this game having freezing/glitching issues? I want to pick up the game, but I'd like to pick up the version with less issues :whistle2:?

Not sure who posted about finding it 2 weeks from now but several stores I called today all said they only got in what was preordered and that this was very limited. In other words, "best of luck."

I don't really flip unless its to GameStop. Even then I don't actively try to buy games to flip. But for this CE there really is no excuse. There was plenty heads up and if I wanted one I coiujld have gotten one. I chose not to because I already had both the compendiums.

[quote name='Mario Speedwagon']Not sure who posted about finding it 2 weeks from now but several stores I called today all said they only got in what was preordered and that this was very limited. In other words, "best of luck."[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Got my preorder for the ps3 version. Asked how limited this was and I was told by the manager that they only received 3 and that it was only for pre orders. He said I was the 2nd one to pick it up. Sure am glad I pre ordered way back in October.

I feel kinda stupid to be honest. I own both compendiums and had the vanilla copy paid off and ready to pick up. Went to the store and found out that someone had cancelled their copy of the CE for XBOX so I thought "meh why not". I buy various collector editions for many games any ways and I love Walking Dead so it was kinda a no brainer.

Got home and noticed the upper right corner had apparently been dropped on and now has crease marks all along the top of it. I was in a hurry and didnt notice it in store and now my OCD is driving me crazy on this. I honestly have ZERO clue what im going to do with the compendium and the box itself is really just a blown up version of whats on the standard box art. So I actually feel kinda bad for getting this, as it could have went towards something else. So yea...

Picked up my PS3 CE tonight. They only got one for PS3(my pre-order) and one for 360(someone else's pre-order). Glad I pre-ordered this. Very nice!

Funny enough my Gamestop has blu-ray movies for sale but a lone copy of Cirque Du Soleil Journey of Man 3D Blu-ray was sitting there. They scanned it and it wasn't in their system so they gave it to me for free :D

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']I feel kinda stupid to be honest. I own both compendiums and had the vanilla copy paid off and ready to pick up. Went to the store and found out that someone had cancelled their copy of the CE for XBOX so I thought "meh why not". I buy various collector editions for many games any ways and I love Walking Dead so it was kinda a no brainer.

Got home and noticed the upper right corner had apparently been dropped on and now has crease marks all along the top of it. I was in a hurry and didnt notice it in store and now my OCD is driving me crazy on this. I honestly have ZERO clue what im going to do with the compendium and the box itself is really just a blown up version of whats on the standard box art. So I actually feel kinda bad for getting this, as it could have went towards something else. So yea...[/QUOTE]

Well considering you already owned the books you basically paid a premium for the cardboard box. Based on that you should have looked at it better.

You kind of did what was mentioned in previous posts saying this would still sell out at $100. You basically paid an expensive premium for a cardboard box and it wasn't even in mint condition.

Id suggest selling on here or return it as it doesn't seem you want it that much anyway. If I already owned the compendium which I own the first I'd say the samething.

[quote name='needler420']Well considering you already owned the books you basically paid a premium for the cardboard box. Based on that you should have looked at it better.

You kind of did what was mentioned in previous posts saying this would still sell out at $100. You basically paid an expensive premium for a cardboard box and it wasn't even in mint condition.

Id suggest selling on here or return it as it doesn't seem you want it that much anyway. If I already owned the compendium which I own the first I'd say the samething.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have a feeling thats what im going to have to do. I want to keep the game since I have already started to play it, and my wife thinks im crazy cause to my the two creases in the upper right corner arent really MAJOR but they are driving me nuts. So yea if any one wants to buy the outer sleeve/box/& exclusive compendium hit me up! I have no clue how much id like to get out of it but im open to offers if your a huge collector and would like to have it.

Thanks again for your response! I tend to sometimes DO before I THINK. Some thing my wife has yet to learn to live with yet...heh.

Also want to note that its just the outer sleeve in the upper right corner that has the two creases. They are only the XBOX White section. The cardboard box itself has no damage whatsoever. Its actually pretty thick since I assume that was really the only other collectible outside of the compendium.

Don't care even if it's over $1,000. You just can't collect them all.

On the side note, I'm sure there will Game of the Year for Walking Dead that's why they were very limited.

[quote name='GodofGambler']Don't care even if it's over $1,000. You just can't collect them all.

On the side note, I'm sure there will Game of the Year for Walking Dead that's why they were very limited.[/QUOTE]

oh shit you might be right but is there any DLC coming out? might as well just wait

I really fell off the loop with this one.. If I would've not been so caught up with BB's wonderful deals I would've pre-ordered this with the quickness... BTW Im sitting on a GS gift card with twice the value. I guess it wasn't meant to be...

Im willing to part with the Outer Sleeve/Box/& Compendium if any one is interested. Its the XBOX 360 version. Im keeping the game case and disc though obviously. I already own both compendiums and am kinda having buyers remorse.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Im willing to part with the Outer Sleeve/Box/& Compendium if any one is interested. Its the XBOX 360 version. Im keeping the game case and disc though obviously. I already own both compendiums and am kinda having buyers remorse.[/QUOTE]

Why did you even open it if you didnt want the items. Should of just went Vanilla. :whistle2:#

Well I had the vanilla paid off and went to pick it up at my local GS. Turns out someone cancelled their CE version so I jumped on it. And then realized I really had no use..hehe. I agree though I shouldve just went with the vanilla copy.

My only regret is not securing the season pass for $15 on PSN! I understand that the CE is limited as hell, but the contents are just plain dull. $69.99 is already too high, why the hell I want to pay more? If flippers want to make money, more power to them. In a way, they're helping the "demands" a bit, so better CEs will be made :) It's all good, win win for everybody, cheers! I'm waiting for the GotY edition, definitely a day one for me!

So those of you who are playing the game already, can you confirm any of the issues with the disc version? I keep hearing that the xbox 360 version wont let you play episode 2 after completing episode 1.

I played the digital version but bought discs for gifts for family. Here is hoping there are no issues.

[quote name='Metal Militia']So are both the PS3 and 360 versions of this game having freezing/glitching issues? I want to pick up the game, but I'd like to pick up the version with less issues :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to the PS3 version, but the X360 version was really not noticeable at all. I had 1 complete freeze, and a FEW frame-rate drops and/or skips. In reality though other than the freeze, it wasn't a big deal at all. That's after a couple of play throughs and on a very old X360.

[quote name='red_devil32']oh shit you might be right but is there any DLC coming out? might as well just wait[/QUOTE]

Not likely. They're making a Season 2, but it'll probably be considered a different game, and if you're waiting for S2 to be on disc, you're going to be waiting awhile.

[quote name='wugenius']So those of you who are playing the game already, can you confirm any of the issues with the disc version? I keep hearing that the xbox 360 version wont let you play episode 2 after completing episode 1.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you mean the disc only version. But this is simply not the case with the download version.

[quote name='Izod517']I'm not sure if you mean the disc only version. But this is simply not the case with the download version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean the retail physical disc version. I played through the digital version already and only had two issues.
1) Glitch in episode 3 where the game world clipped and made lee walk around in a weird void then froze.
2) When I downloaded episode 5, I hit play and it took me back to episode 1. As soon as I saw that I quickly powered my xbox off to avoid a new save and rebooted it and it worked after that.

I keep hearing the disc has framerate and stutters (which the digital version had as well), but supposedly its so bad that you can't do any action events in time. Also that the disc version wont let you continue past episode 1. This is what people are saying so who knows.

Be interesting to see how quickly these sell out. I honestly feel the only thing this set has going for it is how limited it is (isnt it?). If your a walking dead fan you should already own the compendium and that is pretty much the only collectible item in this package.

I was just about to post both platforms were back in stock. Grabbed a :ps3: copy. Seems, at least in my area, there were less preorders than :360:

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Beat me to it. Was just about to post this. Good luck with getting them shipped to your house in mint condition...[/QUOTE]GS is notorious for shipping out damaged CE games or something?

Maybe I should just pay $10 for one day shipping and not risk it on Value shipping?

I ordered the Witcher 2 Dark Edition from them and it came just fine and that is a similar shape. Although it was stuck in an oversized box with NO padding. So I kinda feel I got lucky. If you REALLY wanted this set itd be worth it to risk unless you want to pay the $150 on eBay.

Honestly, the retail version of this game looks like a disaster from what I'm reading on other forums, at least on the 360 side of things.

Edit: looks like the PS3 version is having some bad glitches, too.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Beat me to it. Was just about to post this. Good luck with getting them shipped to your house in mint condition...[/QUOTE]

If it comes all damaged I'll just return it to the store - no harm no foul.

so something interesting happened, i went in to pick up my CE after doing a few trade ins to pay it off, and then they told me the CE i preordered was for the xbox even though i preordered it for the PS3.

So the guy said he was just going to have the ps3 CE shipped to me and sold me a standard copy to play for now to make up for the screw up.

The kicker is that I will be able to return the standard copy for a full refund once i receive the CE in the mail, so yea, not a bad day.

[quote name='exaznkid']so something interesting happened, i went in to pick up my CE after doing a few trade ins to pay it off, and then they told me the CE i preordered was for the xbox even though i preordered it for the PS3.

So the guy said he was just going to have the ps3 CE shipped to me and sold me a standard copy to play for now to make up for the screw up.

The kicker is that I will be able to return the standard copy for a full refund once i receive the CE in the mail, so yea, not a bad day.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you got that in writing. ;)

Lmao at preorders only. Also, SAVER does NOT work with this. I refuse to pay $10 above MSRP because GS wants to charge for shipping. Looks like I'll still be calling stores on Friday looking for a non picked up preorder.

[quote name='D0RC']Hopefully you got that in writing. ;)[/QUOTE]

o yea definitely, he wrote it on my receipt and in some book and i've seen him there for years so if some guy gives me trouble ill just look up the cashier on my receipt and ask for him

it should also be dated in the book as 12/12/12 so it's kinda hard to miss that

[quote name='Drclaw411']Lmao at preorders only. Also, SAVER does NOT work with this. I refuse to pay $10 above MSRP because GS wants to charge for shipping. Looks like I'll still be calling stores on Friday looking for a non picked up preorder.[/QUOTE]

They still offer "value" shipping which is free

[quote name='Drclaw411']Lmao at preorders only. Also, SAVER does NOT work with this. I refuse to pay $10 above MSRP because GS wants to charge for shipping. Looks like I'll still be calling stores on Friday looking for a non picked up preorder.[/QUOTE]

These were preorder only, just because they have some in stock doesnt mean TellTale just quickly made more and sent them out. Its been 24 hours since the games been released, all preorder copies that could not be processed or were cancelled are now available through the site. Once these are gone that will be it. This happens EVERY time a Collectors Edition is released, the next couple of days it will pop back up on the site and then its gone.

I just called a local Gamestop and they had 1 Xbox 360 CE that wasn't preordered and said he would hold it for me today. Looks like Ill be heading their after work today :)

I'm returning this thing now. Playing the PS3 version and just finished the first episode, but I can't even pick dialogue options a good amount of the time, because of the skipping.

There were a few of the QTE that I nearly messed up as well, because the screen wouldn't even load.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm returning this thing now. Playing the PS3 version and just finished the first episode, but I can't even pick dialogue options a good amount of the time, because of the skipping.

There were a few of the QTE that I nearly messed up as well, because the screen wouldn't even load.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Might have to return the 2 copies I bought and get MS points as gifts so they can download the game instead. Heard the 360 version has the same issues.

can't they just patch all these issues? I had glitches with the digital version on PS3 on episode 3 when I exited the train one time and clipped thru the bottom of the world. Exited the game and restarted, resumed just fine. But these problems you guys are talking about make it sound unbearable. Can't believe TT would just let it live like this..

They're going to have to patch them. If you read the forums at Telltale it sounds like nobody has been able to get the disc version working correctly, between having to spam a button through the stuttering hoping to pass a QTE or people not being able to continue to the next chapter.

[quote name='token2k6']can't they just patch all these issues? I had glitches with the digital version on PS3 on episode 3 when I exited the train one time and clipped thru the bottom of the world. Exited the game and restarted, resumed just fine. But these problems you guys are talking about make it sound unbearable. Can't believe TT would just let it live like this..[/QUOTE]

Have you played jurassic park. That was a pile....

[quote name='shadowkast']Have you played jurassic park. That was a pile....[/QUOTE]

LOL, I did, and do you mean a pile b/c of the game itself or glitches? didn't experience any glitches, but man did I lose interest in the game fast!

I bet those people saying it would sell out if it were $100 dollars feel pretty stupid right now.

I'm kind of happy I didn't even get the vanilla version based on what I hear now. By the time they patch the problems the game will go on sale.

Spike should have not gave GOTY to a game that is only digital. Not in till a physical version was released as not everyone has a internet connection.

[quote name='needler420']I bet those people saying it would sell out if it were $100 dollars feel pretty stupid right now.[/QUOTE]

Why would we?

The eBay auctions are still selling for over $100, and even if they drop the price will go back up once it's OOS at GS once again.

The only way that would change is if they majorly overproduced the set afterall and there ends up being a ton of them on the market. I don't expect that, but I certainly wouldn't feel stupid about it. If it's limited to any sort of small number, it'll be a $100 seller for quite some time, especially once the current GS stock is depleted.

[quote name='needler420']I bet those people saying it would sell out if it were $100 dollars feel pretty stupid right now.

I'm kind of happy I didn't even get the vanilla version based on what I hear now. By the time they patch the problems the game will go on sale.

Spike should have not gave GOTY to a game that is only digital. Not in till a physical version was released as not everyone has a internet connection.[/QUOTE]

Don't be stupid. Gamestop sold out of their preorder allotment prior to release.

Anything that went back on sale today is either A) Cancelled orders B) Orders that didn't go through due to payment problems C) Reserve stock D) Returns

It boggles me that long standing members on a video game thread will say "LOL It's not rare/limited" because it came back in stock the day before, of or after release.

This happens with EVERY LE/CE from Diablo 3 to Darksiders 2 to Skward Sword you name it.

I would much rather see this happen the a company OVERSELLING its allotment and leaving customers out to dry---even if it means the ignorant chime in with something like:

LOL @ BEING LIMITEDZZZZ

bread's done
Back