Ten Games you shouldn't be without For XBox Owners ONLY

FrankySox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I recently had a PS2 and thought it had a great variety of RPG games, however the Xbox plain and simple has a variety of all games. I've put together a list of the ten game no Xbox owner should be without and also listed why this is. The games are listed in no particular order and are based on my opinion alone. So without any more delay here they are.
(Please don't flame me!)

1. Ninja Gaiden
A great game in itself that presents a great challenge, one expansion, with another on the way how could you pass this title up. This game also features the previous ninja gaiden from NES on the game too. This is a great action game that is just too damn fun.

2. Chronicles of Riddick
This game features different elements of gameplay that are pulled together nicely. It's fun to shoot em up sometimes, while at other times you just want to run up behind the guy and snap his fuckin neck. This is a shorter game but I've played through it many times.

3. Rainbow Six 3 BA and Rainbow Six 3
I think the original is better because of the maps but Black Arrow is pretty good. These games are a must for Live subscibers and the offline single player mode is outstanding. These games are great if you like the tactical approach to shooters.

4. Halo
Enough said

5. Prince of Persia
This is one of my favorite games, and I have beat it a couple times. It is very addictive and fun. The game is quite short but well worth it to play it a couple times through. The game features the older version, but I think they suck

6. Fable
In a field of limited RPGs you have to take what you can get even though it's not a GREAT game. It is a very fun game and didn't live up to what a lot of people thought it would. But theres only one other game on the list where you can be good or bad, and that's too damn fun to pass up.

7. Star Wars KOTOR
This is by far the best RPG on the Xbox because of the length of gameplay it has. This game allows you to do so much and easlity has 70-80 hours (playing it through twice- once good and once bad). Any Star Wars fan should not be w/o this game, any xbox owner should not be w/o this game, and any RPG player should not be w/o this game.

8. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
A great 2d fighting game, which is very fun to play. I've enjoyed this game, and probably have put the most hours on this out of any game that I own for Xbox. This game never gets old to me and I love playing it.

9. Burnout 3
Has racing ever been better than this? The answer NO! This could be the best arcade racer ever. It's too damn fun, with online, and a great single mode this game won't get old for a while.

I have left the last one up to anyone who offers an opinion of the subject, what are the top 10 games you think all xbox owners should have, what games am I missing?

Halo
Deus Ex: IW
KotOR
Ninja Gaiden
Chronicles of Riddick
Morrowind
Fable
Soul Calibur II (depends)
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

here are my top 10 games

1. SW Knights of the Old Republic
2. Halo
3. Ninja Gaiden
4. Fable
5. Rainbow Six 3
6. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
7. Burnout 3
8. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
9. Morrowind GOTY Edition
10. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']As far as exclusives...
Pandora Tomorrow[/quote]

Err.. that's on every system.

Are we including PC, or just consoles, in terms of exclusiveness?

My personal Top 10 Xbox EXCLUSIVES (talking consoles here):

10. Outlaw Volleyball
9. DOA 3
8. Thief 3
7. Project Gotham 2
6. Chronicles of Riddick
5. Halo
4. Ninja Gaiden
3. Fable
2. Deus Ex: Invisible War
1. Star Wars: KOTOR

Here's my list of best exclusives:

1)Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
2)Halo
3)Ninja Gaiden
4)Project Gotham Racing 2
5)The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
6)Jet Set Radio Future
7)Max Payne 2(the PS2 version is crap!)
8)Panzer Dragoon Orta
9)Dead or Alive 3
10)Rallisport Challenge 2

1. Halo
2. RTCW: Not exclusive but the online play is, so I count it.
3. Rainbow Six 3
4. Top Spin
5. Project Gotham Racing 2 & Project Gotham Racing
6. Panzer Dragoon Orta
7. Otogi
8. Jet Set Radio Future
9. Splinter Cell: Pandorra Tomorrow: Exlusive online makes it so.
10. Grabbed by the Ghoulies: Laugh all you want but this is one game that reminds me of why gaming is fun to me.

[quote name='epobirs']Metal Deungeon
Blackstone
Stake
Pulse Racer
Sneakers
Sea Blade
Catwoman
Army Men:Sarge's War
New Legends
Bruce Lee[/quote]

You forgot Aquaman which is better than all of these put together

1. Halo
2. KotOR
3. Fable
4. Riddick
5. PGR2
6. Ninja Gaiden
7. Mechassault
8. R6 3
9. Crimson Skies
10. (insert Live enabled fighting game of your choice)

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='epobirs']Metal Deungeon
Blackstone
Stake
Pulse Racer
Sneakers
Sea Blade
Catwoman
New Legends
Bruce Lee[/quote]

You forgot Aquaman which is better than all of these put together[/quote]

I had to limit myself to ten and those are the first that came to mind. I would have preferred that they all be exclusives but Catwoman wouldn't leave me alone. On that basis I would have reject Aquaman too since it has a GameCube version. The same goes for Army Men but it's late/early and I can't pluck titles out of thin air as well as I might after sleeping.

New list idea. Worst ever multi-platform titles. The equal opportunity offenders.

Ninja Gaiden
Halo
DOA 3
Prince of Persia
ESPN NFL 2K5
DDR Ultramix
GTA Double Pack
Brute Force
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball (yeah I said it)

I only included games I have actually played.

Well, it looks like everyone is putting (about) the same things, so just pretend I said all those too.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']As far as exclusives...
Pandora Tomorrow[/quote]

Err.. that's on every system.

Are we including PC, or just consoles, in terms of exclusiveness?[/quote]

I guess i meant the best version of the game that doesnt require massive graphics cards or cant be found in such good form elsewhere. GTA and Prince of Persia are great on any system- not a huge difference in the overall quality of the experience.

Pandora and Rainbow Six are head and shoulders above their PS2 and Cube counterparts due to the Live and overall version difference of the games.

Sorta in order but not completely.

10.Project Gotham Racing 2

9.Crimson Skies

8.Mech Assault

7.Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow

6.Fable

5.Splinter Cell PT

4.Chronicles of Riddick

3.Star Wars KotOR

2.Ninja Gaiden

1.Halo

I haven't even played some of the Xbox's greatest titlles, so I really can't say. These are all Xbox exclusive, or the best version of the games.

1. Halo
2. Burnout 3 (best racing game I've ever played online or off)
3. Project Gotham Racing 2 (was the best racing game I had ever played)
4. Rainbow Six 3 and BA
5. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
6. Top Spin
7. Crimson Skies
8. ESPN NFL 2k5
9. Prince of Persia
10. KOTOR

Serious Sam- Flat out, this is the best incarnation of the series. Takes everything from the console versions and adds great cut scenes, quips, and combo killing.

Links 2004- The perfect golf game. No 3 click swings, nice presentation, great live comminity.

Colin McRae 04- Rally racing at its finest. Superb controls, excellent graphics, all that's missing is true Live support.

Rallisport 2- Great arcadey rally game. Nice array of cars and challenges.

Project Gotham 2- The Live racing game. Not what I would call the best racer of the generation, but solid, and nice online support.

Tony Hawk 2X- THPS 2 plus THPS 1 plus added bonuses make this a key piece to any Hawk Collection. I'm a fan of the 2-Minute gameplay, so take that into consideration.

Unreal Championship- UT03 done for a console. Shallow for single player, but a blast if you've got friends with a system link or live. (System link is much better than live on this one)

Sega GT (2002/Online)- While technically the same exact game, Sega GT is a great racer with great handling. While not graphically superior, it is a deep road racer, with plenty of things to keep you occupied. The online community doesn't exist though.

Max Payne 2- Not an exclusive but a great story wrapped in a pretty game. Excellent storytelling.

SSX Tricky/3- While more of a fan of the characters, extras and music in Tricky, 3 features a more solid game. This is the series that is video game snowboarding.

Missing from the list:

Halo- it feels like you're playing in mud

DDR Ultramix- Very Very Americanized, doesn't feel the same as a PS2 DDR, backgrounds are distracting, song selection is weak

DOA- The fighting style appeals to me a lot less after rediscovering Tekken

Ninja Gaiden- Still too expensive for me, also difficulty may be an issue as well

[quote name='BigDirty']DDR Ultramix- Very Very Americanized, doesn't feel the same as a PS2 DDR, backgrounds are distracting, song selection is weak
[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My top 10 Xbox games (not really worrying about if they are exclusive or not, I only own an Xbox anyway)

1. Splinter Cell
2. Star Wars KOTOR
3. Max Payne (probably too high, but I just played this one)
4. Beyond Good and Evil
5. Tiger Woods 2004 (so much gameplay in here it's ridiculous)
6. GTA: Vice City
7. Halo
8. I-Ninja
9. Jet Set Radio Future
10. Fuzion Frenzy

And there are quite a few other games I've had a lot of fun with (The Suffering, Buffy Chaos Bleeds, Indiana Jones + Emperor's Tomb, The Hobbit, Breakdown, etc etc)

[quote name='Jaxcomet'][quote name='BigDirty']DDR Ultramix- Very Very Americanized, doesn't feel the same as a PS2 DDR, backgrounds are distracting, song selection is weak
[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]

yea well ddrmax 2 for ps2 was americanized and i loved it the best. i bought ultramix for same reason but did not enjoy it as much as ddrmax 2

back on topic

wwe raw 2
pso
shenmue 2
fable

1) Ninja Gaiden - its hard, but fun. Worth playing.
2) Halo- Its Halo. Come on, now, what more is there to say.
3) JSRF- Its fun, and its only $3 bucks. Too good to pass up.
4) ESPN NFl/NHL- They are only $20 bucks, offer amazing gamplay, and sweet online play. Why not??

I don't own an XBox yet, but these are the 10 games that I'd get:
1. Burnout 3
2. Halo (series)
3. Chronicles of Riddick
4. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
5. Rallisport Challenge 2
6. Project Gotham Racing 2
7. NCAA FOOTBALL 2005
8. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
9. Splinter Cell (series)
10. Fable

Halo
KOTOR
Riddick
Rallisports Challenge 2
Splinter Cell: PT
Prince of Persia
Ninja Gaiden
Crimson Skies

I need to get Fable and Burnout 3

Halo
Metal Slug 3
Burnout 3
Project Gotham Racing 2
Unreal Championship
Chronicles Of Riddick
Fable
Knights Of The Old Republic
Jet Set Radio Future
Dead Or Alive 3

1. Fable
2. Halo
3. Deathrow
That is all I have ;_;
I have
Deception, Halo 2, and Conker Preordered.

Here's my list:
  • Burnout 3
    Dead or Alive 3
    ESPN NFL 2K5
    Fable
    Ninja Gaiden
    Prince of Persia
    Project Gotham
    Rallisport Challenge 2
    Star Wars: KOTOR
    Splinter Cell: PT

I agree with KOTOR, Fable, Riddick, Tiger Woods, and probably Burnout 3. But how the heck does anyone get enjoyment out of Halo? I've had so many people tell me not to buy it so I've never played it. Why is it good/bad? BTW, I hate most FPS games, with Riddick being an exception.

We shouldn't even have to tell you anything besides the fact that's it's a FPS, which you apparently don't like. It would make it even worse if you said you don't like FPSs in multiplayer mode. Why would you consider buying a FPS if you don't like them?

Anyhow, I'm not sure why you liked Riddick, but if it was because of the stealth gameplay and such then Halo is probably not something you'd enjoy. You want a first person stealth game look toward the Thief series.

[quote name='epobirs']Metal Deungeon
Blackstone
Stake
Pulse Racer
Sneakers
Sea Blade
Catwoman
New Legends
Bruce Lee[/quote]

you gotta be kidding me!!!

I wonder if "epobirs" misread the post and thought of his 10 most average or ordinary games on xbox or were these the only 10 games he owns because they were cheap? :shock: 8) ?

i dont own an xbox...but who cares?

heres the games i plan on getting whenever i pick one up ($30 or less)

panzer dragoon orta, ninja gaiden, deathrow, fable, jet set future/sega gt bonus disc

and if i dont get them for pc/other consoles ill also get:
deus ex 2, theif 3, kotor, shenmue 2

there! thats 10!

I'm offended punqsux. You didn't say Halo anywhere in that post. I'm confused and something else that's very similar to confused.

bread's done
Back