Tera Online - MMO Pay Per Month

Played this a month or two ago. Felt like every other MMO, except you could play as 8 year old girls. Meh.

Other MMOs actually have active combat that isn't just clicking auto-attack? Did you find a time machine back to 99?

My friends talked up the combat, how it was skill shots and whatnot. Okay, but that didn't change the fact that the game was still boring to me. Glad you enjoy it though.

[quote name='Megazell']I'll give it a spin when it goes a f2p.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, nobody ever expects you to have to get a credit card when you're old enough to pay for anything, we all get it, you're cheap and only play free games. You don't need to threadcrap in every games thread about it.

[quote name='georox']Don't worry, nobody ever expects you to have to get a credit card when you're old enough to pay for anything, we all get it, you're cheap and only play free games. You don't need to threadcrap in every games thread about it.[/QUOTE]

Just doing my cheapass gamer duty.

The game looks OK, though.

Oddly enough, it's a nice change of pace from other games that have came out recently. TOR was just WoW reskinned with lightsabers to me, combat system felt like the same generic thing WoW/EQ2/every other MMO had... Tera is a bit different with it being active. I like aiming/moving/etc., not just standing still while auto attack kills the mob for me. The environments look beautiful too, which helps, I just wish the grass/ground had more texture/foliage. It doesn't play like WoW though, which is what matters to me...someone kill that game.

[quote name='georox']Don't worry, nobody ever expects you to have to get a credit card when you're old enough to pay for anything, we all get it, you're cheap and only play free games. You don't need to threadcrap in every games thread about it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the game is f2p in Korea. Also for someone who later shits on other MMOs (somewhat incorrectly as SWToR doesn't have auto-attack) I find this reply sad and humorous.

I'm interested in trying this. Would anyone be willing to pm me a head start buddy code? If I sign up I'm guessing you get a free month.

most new mmos actually stopped having pay systems because casuals are not going to do it and they don't put the subscription money back into the game such as content and junk. i can understand server and bug fix costs but still that's no were near 15$ a month, especially when games such as sc2 or everquest can run for free. :)

[quote name='Dijital']I'm interested in trying this. Would anyone be willing to pm me a head start buddy code? If I sign up I'm guessing you get a free month.[/QUOTE]

Sent you one.

I'm picking this game up to play with some friends. The combat system isn't different enough from a traditional MMO to get people who dislike MMOs to play, but it's a nice change of pace from the standard formula.

[quote name='Poor2More']love this game, lol well 12 hours went by fast while playing, time for bed!

Combat is so refreshing with a 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if a PS3 controller be used?

Also if anyone else has an extra invite or whatever I'd appreciate it. Forgot to try it during the open beta.

[quote name='whoknows']Do you know if a PS3 controller be used?

Also if anyone else has an extra invite or whatever I'd appreciate it. Forgot to try it during the open beta.[/QUOTE]

Yes this game is almost made for a controller since you dodge/chain attacks very fluidly, YES this game has 3 control options
-360 Controller
-PS3 Controller
-Mouse & Keyboard

Also reserve the standard edition from Amazon, they send a early start code immediatly : ), if you dont like it just cancel before they ship it :)

The code allows you to download the TERA client, and download the whole game right away and start playing, you have to enter a CD key by Thursday to continue playing

Trust me I was bored as shyt with the MMO stale formula of other MMO (World of Warcraft Im looking at you), but this game plays more like an Action/RPG, rather then click, click, click with the mouse, you actually have to dodge, attack enemy weak points. This game is great, enough said.

To anyone playing, three of us are on the RP server, we've already formed a guild, if you're planning on staying past beta and want people to play with send me a PM.

Tera is more interesting than I expected. The combat is surprisingly refreshing. I did not expect to have spent so much time in Tera but time went by quickly and easily.

The RP server isn't bad. I was gonna go for either pvp or normal pve, but have restarted yesterday on the RP server. Come join us there.

My main on RP is now 25? or something, not bad for essentially a day's work. (priest). I am also working on a slayer (lvl 17?). Gonna take it easy and just have fun with ppl.

TERA_ScreenShot_20120429_032733.jpg

how is the difficulty? i myself love ninja gaiden 3 and dark souls but easy games action like KOR or fable is not my cup of tea :)

Free server transfers are live! Join our guild, Direborn, on the RP server!

Difficulty, well, it's an MMO. It's as hard as most other MMOs really.

[quote name='HisCheapness']I'm having lot a fun with this game. If you like Phantasy Star give this game a try.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't want to dive into this game, but you saying it has a Phantasy Star vibe really makes want to try it. But I really can't commit to an MMO when I still have unfinished stuff in WoW going on and Diablo is a week away.

[quote name='tcrash247']I really didn't want to dive into this game, but you saying it has a Phantasy Star vibe really makes want to try it. But I really can't commit to an MMO when I still have unfinished stuff in WoW going on and Diablo is a week away.[/QUOTE]

Phantasy Star/Monster Hunter definitely seem to be the influences.

[quote name='georox']Phantasy Star/Monster Hunter definitely seem to be the influences.[/QUOTE]

GAH! Now I really wanna buy this. I know it's only a week old but this early I could tell there were major problems with SWTOR. Do you feel like Tera is in a good place at the moment?

Well, gameplay is actually *fun*, if that counts for anything. Crafting is a bitch, at least leatherworking, the rest aren't too bad aside from being money sinks. Dungeons seem fun, group quests are enjoyable since you get to kill big ass motherfuckin' monsters, and the fights feel fairly epic.

if you've played vindictus, how does it compare? vindictus uses a town=lobby, zones= instances, system so i don't really consider it an mmo, but they seem similar to me without having played tera.

[quote name='TheGreatWang']I'll join your guild. I have a level 23 Lancer, Boilingmoose. Add me if you want.[/QUOTE]

You can apply to guilds in the game, I'm not positive the exacts but one of the guild menus lets you search and apply, toss in an app and we can approve it.

Lvl 26 Warrior and finally joined a party for first time and had a blast doing Dungeons (mainly BoL), Soloing is definitly do-able in this game including the first 2 Dungeon if your great at dodging/blocking, but BAMS with enough skill/patience (lots!) you can take some of the lower level ones down.

Soloing= Very fun/enjoyable
Party/Group= Awesome if everyone plays their roles (DPS,Tank,Healer..etc)

Im thinking about joining a Guild, so I can actually start doing Guild Board Quest.

[quote name='Poor2More']Lvl 26 Warrior and finally joined a party for first time and had a blast doing Dungeons (mainly BoL), Soloing is definitly do-able in this game including the first 2 Dungeon if your great at dodging/blocking, but BAMS with enough skill/patience (lots!) you can take some of the lower level ones down.

Soloing= Very fun/enjoyable
Party/Group= Awesome if everyone plays their roles (DPS,Tank,Healer..etc)

Im thinking about joining a Guild, so I can actually start doing Guild Board Quest.[/QUOTE]

Guild board quests are only so beneficial, no xp, just guild tokens. Guild tokens are used to level up/maintain level for a guild, and the higher the level the guild, you can spend them on rewards, such as temporary xp buffs, but it takes about 25 quests of tokens to get 1 of those. The good news is most overlap with quests you have to do anyways!

Are there any buddy passes or trial codes out yet for this ? I figure not since it usually takes a while after the game comes out but I figured I would ask. Seems like it could be fun but I have played through so many MMOs that I would prefer to test it first.

I really wish there was a trial for this. I don't want to play it if it doesn't run well on my laptop, or if it's not interesting to me. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Seriously considering picking this up during the Amazon sale since its only $25 which isn't much more than just the first month of service would normally cost.

Hoping I can get at least a month or two of good playtime out of it.

$25 at Amazon already? Lol Damn, I need to learn to be patient and wait for a couple of weeks after release. Anyways this game is worth it at $50, no brainer at $25.

[quote name='Poor2More']$25 at Amazon already? Lol Damn, I need to learn to be patient and wait for a couple of weeks after release. Anyways this game is worth it at $50, no brainer at $25.[/QUOTE]

Ya... it's a self fulfilled prophecy... everyone does that and it sure will drop even faster!

with a mmo, that only hurt the online community and the game as people sit on the sideline waiting for it to drop in price or become f2p...

[quote name='crystalklear64']i'm sort of interested but it seems like vindictus/raiderz does everything better only free.[/QUOTE]

Is this game instance based like Vindictus or is it a true MMO style game with an open world ?

And really it is only that cheap on Amazon due to the Mayhem sale and for two days only. Still full price everywhere else. Tony and the AZ Download team just have the ability to work out some great deals with publishers.

bread's done
Back