Terminator: Salvation Blu-ray Amazon sent me the 2-disc

xTraPointLess

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So, after reading the comments section at Amazon's site, it seems a total crap shoot whether you get the 3-disc with the digital version or the 2-disc without. I got the 2-disc without :cry:

Anybody have any experience working with Amazon on situations such as these? Any help would be appreciated before I ring up Souteastern Indexicostan (In-dex-eh-co-stan) and a friendly ESL rep :argue:

Um, email them and tell them what happened? If the product description states you get a digital copy they should figure it out for you.

My advice would be to buy the three disc in store and return the two disc (assuming they both have the same barcode, which I assume they do).

do you even care? wtf are you going to do w/ the digital copy. dont try to tell me you dont know how to torrent. and somehow i doubt you bought the bluray to watch it at your pc...

Just email their CS. I betchu they'll give you something in return. I don't know if you're supposed to be getting the 3-disc or not, but if so they'll probably give you like a $5 discount or something. Just email em, I guarantee they'll satisfy you.

[quote name='postulio']do you even care? wtf are you going to do w/ the digital copy. dont try to tell me you dont know how to torrent. and somehow i doubt you bought the bluray to watch it at your pc...[/QUOTE]

seconded, i have never touched a digital copy and wont start, also wont be getting this movie on blu anyways, but dont worry about it, you dont need more stuff.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']The first mistake you made is buying Terminator Salvation.[/QUOTE]

i thought the movie was alright.

better than most action movies these days imo..

I just noticed this with my copy as well, so I sent an email to Amazon about it; to see if anything can be done. Unfortunately I had already opened mine, since it came last week. If nothing happens oh well; if I get some thing out of it then bonus for me :) personally I'm hoping for a refund of some kind.

[quote name='n64ra']^^^ better than most Terminator movies too (T2 > TS > T1 > T3).[/QUOTE]

Math Fail.

T1 is far greater than TS. I'm not hating TS, but I would correct your math as such...

T2>T1>TS
also TS=T3

This is the response I got back

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear your "Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]" was defective. I'd like to help, but I'm not sure if you'd like a replacement order or a refund. Please let us know which option you'd prefer and we'll take care of it for you."

I was just hoping for a refund to compensate the difference. I wonder if I should take a chance here. Or maybe get a new one, and buy from Wal-Mart and return the 2 disc to wal-mart if I get another two disc

sorry for the double post, but I ended up trying to call Amazon, since I was getting no where with emailing them.

The guy was a complete tool, I couldn't get him to understand what the problem was. he kept insisting that the listing was for 2 discs, even though I pointed out to him where it said people where getting it with 3 and a slip cover. He wanted me to place another order and return the other or something. I told him I didn't want to play the Amazon roulette and would just return my copy. He wouldn't allow me to return just my copy though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm....I haven't opened mine. Now I'm wondering which version I got.[/QUOTE]The 3-disc has the slipcover, which mentions the digital copy, where the 2-disc doesn't have the slipcover or any mention of the digital copy.

OMFG. It's just a digital copy! I mean, seriously, what are you going to do with it? Sell them for $5 in the streets of NY?!

This movie had so much potential, but without James Cameron behind it the movie was a soulless shell of what the Terminator franchise used to be. Or maybe it wouldn't have mattered either way, considering the Avatar suckfest Cameron's about to release.

[quote name='moviewizguy']OMFG. It's just a digital copy! I mean, seriously, what are you going to do with it? Sell them for $5 in the streets of NY?![/QUOTE]

What is up with these responses in here? No one cares about the value YOU think it is, the fact is he got a product that was different than the description in the order. And some people like putting these movies on their iphone to watch on airplanes or wherever.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']This movie had so much potential, but without James Cameron behind it the movie was a soulless shell of what the Terminator franchise used to be. Or maybe it wouldn't have mattered either way, considering the Avatar suckfest Cameron's about to release.[/QUOTE]

I want to see Avatar so I'm holding out on what to think about it till I see it. I think I will like it well hope I will like it.

As for the order that I liked the movies it was Terminator 2: Judgement Day, The Terminator, Salvation then Rise of the Machines. Worthington was what saved Salvation and did a hell of a lot better of a job then Bale did I though.

[quote name='shrike4242']The UPC's are the same. Best Buy had the 3-disc on the shelf and the UPC is the same as the 2-disc from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I hope Shrike is not implying that you return an item you got at one store to another! Or if not, maybe he is unwittingly aiding and abetting.

You mean the description that says 2 discs and nothing about a digital copy?
http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Sa...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1260407947&sr=8-1
There is no 3-disc offer on Amazon.

in my opinion, which is unasked for, salvation was decent, maybe it will kick start the next two to be better, but what i liked about it (and kinda what i disliked) was the cribbed cinematic homages to the older films like the jeep at the gas station for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n64ra']No way. T3 was boring as hell. Sam Worthington kept TS going.
I realize I'll be in the minority with T1, but it was too cheesy for me.[/QUOTE]

T1 was made in 1984. Wtf do you expect.

I agree with the other poster,
T2 > T1

The others don't even exist without James Cameron...and they're definitely not canon.

[quote name='Arakias']I hope Shrike is not implying that you return an item you got at one store to another! Or if not, maybe he is unwittingly aiding and abetting.

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Sa...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1260407947&sr=8-1
There is no 3-disc offer on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

When I pre-ordered my copy in October, the description listed a 3rd disc. Amazon since changed the description, but didn't bother to inform anyone who had it pre-order. That is what is use to say.

Special Features
Disc 1
Theatrical Version of Film (114 min., rated PG-13)
WB Maximum Movie Mode: Director McG hosts while you watch the movie:

* Picture-in-Picture
* Storyboard comparisons
* Terminator mythology timeline

Re-Forging the Future: See how the filmmakers reinvented the franchise
The Moto-Terminator: Discover the unique relationship between the filmmakers and Ducati

Disc 2
Director's Cut of Film (117 min., rated R)
BD-Live
Media Center
Featured Content

* "Resist or Be Terminated" Video Archive
* Terminator Salvation Official Movie Prequel Digital Comic Issue #1

My Commentary
Live Community Screening

Disc 3
Digital Copy of Theatrical Version

Also, here is an email I received from Amazon

"Hello,

I'm so sorry about the problem with your Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray].

I researched our website and see that we do not offer this item with the Digital Copy. We were originally informed that this was the inventory we were receiving. As this is the case we updated the website to show the accurate information.

We don't offer an exchange program, but you're welcome to return the item. We'll issue a refund for your original order and you can place a new order for the item you'd like. To return your DVD, visit our Online Returns Center for a prepaid return mailing label and packing instructions:

Again, I am sorry that we were not able to send you the Three Disc edition of this movie.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

It is our absolute commitment to provide you the best possible customer service. Should you need any further assistance with this order, please click the link below to tell us when and where to get in touch with you, and a dedicated customer service representative will contact you by phone to provide resolution.

Best regards,

Beth C.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

[quote name='Arakias']I hope Shrike is not implying that you return an item you got at one store to another! Or if not, maybe he is unwittingly aiding and abetting.[/QUOTE]No, I was bringing it up because I was curious if they were the same product or different product. A thread in Blu-Ray.com seemed to insinuate that the UPC's were the same and the 3-disc version w/digital copy was a limited time offer for the first print run of the movie.

Makes me wonder if this will be happening with studios other than WB, as an "incentive" to pre-order it or get it in the first week(s) of release.

Just checked my copy and Walmart did the same thing to me. Sent the two disc version when their emails say I preordered the 3 disc version.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']What is up with these responses in here? No one cares about the value YOU think it is, the fact is he got a product that was different than the description in the order. And some people like putting these movies on their iphone to watch on airplanes or wherever.[/QUOTE]
It's really not that big of a deal. And it's apparent that WB decided to not release a 3-disc set so it shouldn't even matter.

[quote name='moviewizguy']OMFG. It's just a digital copy! I mean, seriously, what are you going to do with it? Sell them for $5 in the streets of NY?![/QUOTE]

Come on fella, don't be a tool, mkay? Heard of a laptop? My brand new laptop doesn't have a bluray player, mkay? So when I purchase my bluray copy, it's nice to have a digital copy for the laptop when I'm traveling. The laptop that can't play blurays. Like the bluray I purchased. From Amazon.

You, sir, are a tool. :wave:

Moving on...

I'll probably return it and look for a 3-disc on eBay or something. Thanks for all the great feedback, folks! Good luck in your search for the elusive digital copy!

[quote name='moviewizguy']It's really not that big of a deal. And it's apparent that WB decided to not release a 3-disc set so it shouldn't even matter.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they did.

Maybe if you have something relevant to the thread to contribute regarding working with Amazon's customer service, you could provide some feedback. Otherwise, piss off.

[quote name='Arakias']
[/QUOTE]

There was if you pre-ordered it. They changed the description. I went to google cache the day i got mine(2-disc) and the 3 disc description was there.
I got a $3.20 refund from Amazon after pointing that out. I think the argument would only be valid for those that pre-ordered though.

Can't really blame Amazon though - sounds like more of a screw-up by the manufacturer based on reports of similar problems from other vendors.

[quote name='postulio']dont try to tell me you dont know how to torrent. and somehow i doubt you bought the bluray to watch it at your pc...[/QUOTE]

Not everyones a greedy little shit that thinks they deserve to get everything for free.

[quote name='Pookymeister']There was if you pre-ordered it. They changed the description. I went to google cache the day i got mine(2-disc) and the 3 disc description was there.
I got a $3.20 refund from Amazon after pointing that out. I think the argument would only be valid for those that pre-ordered though.

Can't really blame Amazon though - sounds like more of a screw-up by the manufacturer based on reports of similar problems from other vendors.[/QUOTE]

may i ask how you got them to refund you some? like what did you say, because that's really all i want, but they keep wanting me to return it

Awesome, I just a response back from another email I sent (figured I'd try one last time) and got a refund from it. Since when I placed the order it had claimed to be 3 disc. I won't say how much, I don't want to make people mad when they don't get as much though.

and to those who say we shouldn't be complaining, that's total BS. It's like paying $16 dollars for a full pizza, but when it came it was only 2/3rds. But you expect us to still pay $16 dollars for it

For those wondering if the 3 disc edition actually exsists or what it looks like click on "spoiler" to see a few pictures I quickly took of mine with my (crappy) cell phone. I really love the glossy stock paper that was used for the slipcase that is very unfriendly to smudging and finger prints. UPC on mine is 883929049387 and was purchased at Best Buy. Also the back cover itself has no references to digital copy unlike the back of the slipcase which has a small spot in the middle advertising the digital copy. Has anyone opened their copy that didn't come with a slipcase to confirm if the digital copy disc is there or not?

sav1.jpg

sal2a.jpg

sal3.jpg

sal4.jpg

[quote name='opterasis']Not everyones a greedy little shit that thinks they deserve to get everything for free.[/QUOTE]

look fuckface, i am positive i have a bigger BD collection than you, but before we whip out and start measuring our epenis, take a step back and look at this argument. people bought a BLURAY. probably so they can watch it in hidef. and are complaining over a lack of a digital copy - divx or whatnot. if that was a reason for your purchase, then fine, you deserve it, but most of these guys are looking to get the movie free or a partial refund or whatnot. all i was trying to say is instead of causing such a huge fuss here and there, and whining to no end, just download yourself the digital copy (since you bought the movie you wont feel bad about it) and consider the matter settled.

forgive my cynicism but it is evident the matter isnt that they wanted a digital copy and were cheated out of it. its that since there was a small mix up, they want to capitalize on it.

The sad thing is I ordered mine on October 14th. So I think it was just a crap shoot, because I got the 2-Disc edition. Just glad I got compensated for the difference.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm....I haven't opened mine. Now I'm wondering which version I got.[/QUOTE]

I confirmed I got the 3-Disc last night as well.

I agree with you, seems like it was pretty random, very limited supply of the 3-disc it seems. Wonder if the 3-disc will become "collectible" now.

[quote name='Arakias']I hope Shrike is not implying that you return an item you got at one store to another! Or if not, maybe he is unwittingly aiding and abetting.

in my opinion, which is unasked for, salvation was decent, maybe it will kick start the next two to be better, but what i liked about it (and kinda what i disliked) was the cribbed cinematic homages to the older films like the jeep at the gas station for one.[/QUOTE]

True, it doesn't NOW but at one point it did mention the digital copy.
And why was my post deleted?

Best Buy has both version all mix up with each other. They all have the same bar code but some have slip covers on them showing the difference.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']People actually use digital copies?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I use a laptop when travelling. It's a little silly to lug around my PS3 with its bluray player. I'll try to say this as respectfully as possible... I realize, some (possibly the majority) of the CAGs aren't exactly, let's say, "professionals" with, um, higher-end jobs, so, maybe a digital copy isn't as important to most people here. As demonstrated by some of the posts in this thread.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Yep. I use a laptop when travelling. It's a little silly to lug around my PS3 with its bluray player. I'll try to say this as respectfully as possible... I realize, some (possibly the majority) of the CAGs aren't exactly, let's say, "professionals" with, um, higher-end jobs, so, maybe a digital copy isn't as important to most people here. As demonstrated by some of the posts in this thread.[/QUOTE]

While that may be true, if you really had a high-paying job you could easily afford a laptop with a blu ray drive.

And doesn't the digital version have dreadful quality? It'd just make more sense if they packaged it with a DVD copy of the film since they both come on DVDs anyways.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']While that may be true, if you really had a high-paying job you could easily afford a laptop with a blu ray drive.[/QUOTE]

iceburnd.gif

bread's done
Back