Terrible drivers/people who just don't pay attention to the road.

tiredfornow

Banned
Alright, so I'm on my lunch break and I need to pick up some personal shit at Target. I pull up into the parking lot and when I'm about to turn left to park, some asshole passes the stop sign and I shoot him the finger. I guess he thought he was in the right or somethin', but when you pass a stop sign and almost cause a car wreck... shouldn't I be the one thats upset? I guess not. I park and he pulls up next to me, rolls down his window, I tell my girlfriend to hold on, and he starts spewing trash about why I flicked him off and what not. Our exchange in spoilers:
*rolls down window when I see him gesturing*
him - Is there a problem? Why the fuck are you flicking me off?
me - We stop at stop signs in America, do you not know that?
him - Why are you flicking me off though? I didn't do anything to you. :baby:
me - I could've slammed into you, and there would've been an even bigger problem all cause you don't know that Stop means STOP.
him - That doesn't sound like my problem.
me - It is your fuckin' problem, dude! So if I had kept driving and hit you, I would've been in the wrong because you couldn't stop for two fuckin' seconds?
him - Whatever. *rolls up window*
Of course its not word for word, but most of it is pretty accurate.

Okay, so I get down and walk into the store, grab my shit and notice the guy followed me the entire way. Hes standing behind me in line, I walk out to my car and he starts talking garbage again :
him - Do you want to make this a big deal?
me - What the fuck dude? Just leave. You can't drive, you're too stupid to accept it and thats that. Just fuckin' leave. *hangs up phone with girlfriend*
him - I have a kid in my car, and you're starting all this shit... what the fuck is your problem?
me - I didn't start anything, if I had hit you, your kid would've been hurt, possibly killed and you're saying thats my problem? You ran the fuckin' stop sign, just leave. Drop it. End of discussion.
him - I'll beat the shit out of you, asshole, I don't care. You cant be running your mouth to just anybody cause I'll fuckin' fuck you up!
me - Wait... So you left your kid in the car while you followed me inside, stood behind me in line and the kid is in the car right now? So not only are you a shitty driver with no patience, but you're a terrible parent. fuck off.

I just got in my car and left, but what really ticked me off was this dude thinking he did nothing wrong. If I hadn't paid attention to what was going on, I would've slammed into him and there would've been an even bigger problem which I'm sure he would've blamed on me since I hit him.

Anybody else confrontational like that? Or do you tend to just let things slide and avoid it as much as possible? I don't try to start fights with people and what not, but I won't tolerate some dude thinking hes right when he was clearly in the wrong. Share your shitty road stories, make fun of mine and how I should've pulled out my Onimusha PS2 controller and cut his head off or soemthin'.

Oh, and the kid in the car was a little baby strapped in a seat belt. No car seat, nothin'.

EDIT: I typed that up pretty fast before leaving work and left out what made me flick him off. As I was turning and he ran the stop sign, he honked at me a bunch of times and threw his hands up in the air as if he was saying ''What the fuck are you doing?!?!?!?!?!'' Kinda like he didn't know there was a stop sign there or somethin'. :whistle2:|

Everyone is too busy playing with their Ipod, talking on the phone, smoking a cigarette, or doing whatever. I love when someone is on the phone while smoking a cigarrette and driving all at the same time. How the hell do you do anything but drive straight when you're doing that? I see people rolling around parking lots like that all the time and it pisses me off because they could roll over a kid and never even know. I'm convinced half of the hit and runs that happen are because people are so oblivious to everyone else.

It's a bigger problem that just driving. Alot of people can't be bothered to show consideration for anyone at anytime. I kind of like it though because when I do something nice for a stranger, they look at me like I'm some sort of saint. Or they look at me like I'm trying to jack them for their lottery ticket money.

[quote name='GBmanNC']There should be IQ tests for driving.
And breeding.[/quote]
I've been saying the same thing for quite a while.

But Teefer, i would have let him do whatever he wanted, then just called the police. Imagine how much that would have fucked up his day. Being arrested with his kid there with him.

You should've gotten his license plate number and called Child Services, or filed a report with the police if things got particularly ugly.

There's really no reason in society to fight someone to prove a point, but if he swings first, and you didn't instigate the fight, kick his ass.

Crimson and I were coming home from a movie one night only to be followed by 3 guys who kept talking during the movie, because I actually had the gall (God forbid) to tell them to shut up and to get a theater employee when they didn't.

Given the nature of Melbourne, FL (a pristine college area and aerospace industry located in a shit ghetto), I wasn't about to put myself or Crimson at risk to a bunch of assholes, as long as it isn't a last resort.

I had my suspicions of them following us confirmed when they followed me into my apartment complex, at which point I kept my speed normal and continued past my apartment, left the area, and floored down a road, through a construction area, and eventually lost them by gaining some ground, making a turn, and immediately turning off the road behind an unlit building. We stood by and watched them go through the light and towards the airport.

Other options included driving to the police station, but I wasn't going to use that unless the chase went on for an extended period of time.

If the dude's already in your face though, and you live in a non ghetto town, stand your ground (particularly in a public area), the more witnesses around, the louder he gets (and calm you are), the better.

When the police are finally called, it's his running the stop sign/leaving the child in a hot car vs. your flipping him off.

You hold a better hand.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']You should've gotten his license plate number and called Child Services, or filed a report with the police if things got particularly ugly.

There's really no reason in society to fight someone to prove a point, but if he swings first, and you didn't instigate the fight, kick his ass.

Crimson and I were coming home from a movie one night only to be followed by 3 guys who kept talking during the movie, because I actually had the gall (God forbid) to tell them to shut up and to get a theater employee when they didn't.

Given the nature of Melbourne, FL (a pristine college area and aerospace industry located in a shit ghetto), I wasn't about to put myself or Crimson at risk to a bunch of assholes, as long as it isn't a last resort.

I had my suspicions of them following us confirmed when they followed me into my apartment complex, at which point I kept my speed normal and continued past my apartment, left the area, and floored down a road, through a construction area, and eventually lost them by gaining some ground, making a turn, and immediately turning off the road behind an unlit building. We stood by and watched them go through the light and towards the airport.

Other options included driving to the police station, but I wasn't going to use that unless the chase went on for an extended period of time.

If the dude's already in your face though, and you live in a non ghetto town, stand your ground (particularly in a public area), the more witnesses around, the louder he gets (and calm you are), the better.

When the police are finally called, it's his running the stop sign/leaving the child in a hot car vs. your flipping him off.

You hold a better hand.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Agreed. In this situation I would have called the police, got his plate and make and reported that he is driving recklessly with a child with no child seat. An officer will be dispatched in the area and find this guy and give him a ticket. The officer may or may not catch the guy cutting thru stop signs but all he has to do is peak in the window and see the kid without the seat and bam, a brand new ticket!!

This happens in my area from time to time.. Just because the driver thinks no one is around, doesn't mean the rules don't apply. Cops are sneaky fuckers and know where are all the hiding spots are and can get you when you least expect it. Heck a few months ago some ass thought it would be funny to tail gate me and try to play tough guy and try to run me off the road. Eventually he gave up and sped around me over the speed limit. Guess what? Cop on the other side of the road saw this and all of a sudden pulled up right behind him when he tried to pass me and her lights flashed on and scared the shit out of me (I didn't even see the police car or hear it until the lights flashed to my left) and the cop went after the other guy. Bastard got a what he deserved.

you shouldve kicked the shit out of him. i live in philadelphia and people pay absolutely no attention whatsoever. ive seen women driving on Roosevelt Blvd(12 lane highway) doing their makeup. seriously? people get killed on there regularly because drivers arent paying attention to people crossing the street. i can hold my temper but if some asshole who is obviously wrong and endangering not only the public but his small child as well were to have gotten in my face? yeah id be in jail.

People here pull out in front of you, and give you that look like what are you staring at? Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive. I also think people shouldn't be able to talk on a cell phone and drive. People can barely walk, and chew gum around here let alone drive, and talk on a cell phone.:roll:

Shitty situation. I try to avoid flipping off shitty drivers--too many crazy people out there these days. But it's hard sometimes.

I'd agree with the others, you handled it ok, but should have gotten his plate number and called the cops.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I love driving at night with drunk drivers ahead of me.[/quote]

Dude seriously. I hate drunk drives...I wish they would all kill themselves. It should carry the harshest penalty in the US. Your to stupid to call a cab so you endanger the lives of everyone around you? So mindless, so pointless. I hate them so much.

Living in Ann Arbor means:

1. Tons of kids means tons of piss poor drives.

2. Tons of kids thinking that somehow they have the right to the road.

3. Tons of frat guys desperately trying to impress each other which leads to chaos.

We have pedal bikers who will ride their bike in the middle a driving lane. Its not uncommon to be sitting behind a guy on a god damn pedal bike in the left turn lane. Your on a god damn bike....why are you in the street in front of a car?

I remember one time I was driving home and these subaran white guys and their parents SUV was all up on me. I put on my blinker really early because I knew he wasnt paying attention and went to turn right into my complex and I am not one of these 1 MPH turners. This guy not paying attention because he is gansta leaning and talking on a cell phone with his speakers blaring and buddies in the back almost hits the back of my car.

Then he starts blowing his horn at me! Like its somehow my fault for trying to turn right into my complex. Now I live right next to the entrance of the complex so I pulled over really fast. He seeing me pull over must of thought I was stopping for a fight or something and since there was more of them then me I guess they thought they could have some fun or something.

They pull up next to me and get out. I was already out of my car and walking up to my door when I hear the one guy start talking a little trash.
Not going to go deep into it but I grew up in the streets. I went to sleep with police sirens and gunshots every night, I fought many a gang member.The last thing I am scared of is 3 guys from the hard core suburbs of Ann Arbor. Not to mention they looked like fucking high school seniors.
as soon as he starts I turn around and start sprinting towards him. I did this because I knew if these guys were really fighters there is no way to get out of it. No amount of walking away/talking is going to work on a guy who really wants to fight you so you might as well get the first 5 or 6 punches in.

This causes the driver to get jump right back into the car......and i guess his friend didnt get the memo because he starts backing up and trying to leave while his friend is chasing after him. I didnt even look back just picked up the stuff i dropped and when in. I later seen both of them at a party and they were desperately trying to act harder then any thug rapper out there.

As much as people want to move from the ghetto to the burbs I dont understand the people out here.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The other day I was driving on the freeway, I looked over at the van next to me and there was a man playing an acoustic guitar while driving. :whee:[/quote]

not everyone has a car radio you know. Sheez.

6 years ago on the way to work for Radio Shack, I saw this one chick speeding on my right with her LEFT FOOT OUT THE fuckING DRIVER SIDE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell do you drive with one foot out the window!?!?!??!?!

[quote name='ITDEFX']6 years ago on the way to work for Radio Shack, I saw this one chick speeding on my right with her LEFT FOOT OUT THE fuckING DRIVER SIDE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell do you drive with one foot out the window!?!?!??!?![/quote]

I see that all the time....

Drivers around here in Alabama can be really idiotic sometimes. Running through intersections, lack of signaling, it's almost like they own the road.

Probably my most interesting encounter was with a motorcyclist. Now when I'm driving, I'm usually very careful, always making sure I have enough room when changing lanes + signaling, but even that seemed to piss off this one guy. About 3 miles after I had merged onto the highway about 500 feet in front of him, he was motioning for me to roll down my window to give me this friendly greeting, "I hope you know how much of an inconsiderate mother fucker you are." and drove off. Thanks a lot.

I used to ride my bike a lot, and I could not believe how inconsiderate people would be. I've had people yell, honk, shout and try to run me off the road. Unfortunately, my biking days ended when someone did eventually end up hitting me because they ran through an intersection. The worst part about it too is the guy never said a word to me either after the fact. But it's okay, his insurance premium will be going up significantly due to the bill his insurance will have to foot and the big dent I managed to put in his car AND a busted front windshield.

Bike riders around here seem to be the worst drivers, especially the ones with the crotch rockets. Assholes constantly speed by me doing 10-20 mph over the limit. One stretch of road that i drive to get to school has a 50 mph limit, they'll usually pas me doing a at least 60 I'm sure.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The other day I was driving on the freeway, I looked over at the van next to me and there was a man playing an acoustic guitar while driving. :whee:[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm very much anti bad driving but that man sounds like he has talent! "Ballin" almost.

[quote name='kingocraplantis']And this is why I'm so reluctant to drive.[/QUOTE]

No need to be really.

As many shitty drivers as there are, the majority of people are paying attention and being careful.

Look at how many millions of people are driving every day vs. the number of accidents. I've been driving for 13 years now and I've never gotten in a moving accident, and at 29 I've been in moving accident period where I was riding with someone and we got hit by a drunk running a stop sign (no injuries).

It's of course safer not to drive, but it's not like you're nearly getting into accidents everytime you leave the house.

What an asshole. You should have called the cops on his sorry ass. Especially after he followed you through the store and threatened you. It may have been all talk, but the prick should have something happen to him. I probably would have gone off on him more than you did even. I had a car totaled last year because some moron ran a stop like that, so I've got no patience for that type of shit.

[quote name='Maklershed']:dunce:

Do you have one of those model Ts?[/QUOTE]

Or he could have a 1964 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia and have a radio...with no speakers. No fiddling with the radio for me.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No need to be really.

As many shitty drivers as there are, the majority of people are paying attention and being careful.

Look at how many millions of people are driving every day vs. the number of accidents. I've been driving for 13 years now and I've never gotten in a moving accident, and at 29 I've been in moving accident period where I was riding with someone and we got hit by a drunk running a stop sign (no injuries).

It's of course safer not to drive, but it's not like you're nearly getting into accidents everytime you leave the house.[/quote]

Well, you do have a point, I suppose. I guess there really isn't any reason to fear what's completely random...

...but there is still this:
oilpricesfirstborn_1.jpg

My mom is the worst driver I have ever seen. The woman doesnt even believe in blind spots on a car. I know this is racist (relax, I'm Asian too) but Asian women just cant drive. That one Family Guy episode where the Asian woman pulls across 8 lanes and causes a big traffic accident is so true.

[quote name='TheRock88']My mom is the worst driver I have ever seen. The woman doesnt even believe in blind spots on a car. I know this is racist (relax, I'm Asian too) but Asian women just cant drive. That one Family Guy episode where the Asian woman pulls across 8 lanes and causes a big traffic accident is so true.[/quote]

Argh, asian women drivers in my area are really bad. Heck a few years ago I was nearly hit by one who apparently was going a bit too fast on a ramp merging into my road. The bitch was no paying attention and focused on her DAMN CELL PHONE. She nearly hit us so I honked her and she got PISSED at me and gave me the finger so me and my gf gave her two birds to one.

I hate when people pull right in front of you. It pisses me off. So, what I do, is I keep my same speed until I'm right up against their bumper, then I pass their ass. (Assuming I'm on a four laned road.)

Also, I think it should be a felony (that's right, a FELONY) to talk on a cell phone and drive. People are TERRIBLE drivers when on their phone. And fucking teenagers that try to text and drive. AGGGGHHH. I want to murder people.

Also, I'm sorry, but Mexicans can not drive for shit. 60% of my town's 90,000 people are Mexican, and let me tell you, not a single one of them can drive. Personally, I think that the driving test should be EXTREMELY hard. Get rid of all the idiots on the road.

I'm not confrontational at all. A similar situation happened to me and I wish I would have had the balls back then to tell the guy off. Living in a big city has definitely made me think twice about any gestures because you just never know what kind of nutbag you are flipping off.

As much as I hate people talking on their cell phones or eating while they are driving, the ones that piss me off the most are the ones who read while they are driving! Newspapers, novels, I've seen it all. At least with those other activities you can theoretically keep your eyes on the road, but reading... ?! It makes me want to get in front of them and slam on my brakes.

It seems tailgating is popular with minivan driivers. Its ok though. The closer they get the slower I drive.

Yeah, most people just can't drive. Right near where I work they are doing road construction and the two northbound lanes are still open, but they are diverted slightly to account for construction. Both lanes curve to the left but the person in the inside lane always seems to go straight across and cut people off. I've almost been hit there twice in the past week. It really pisses me off too since I just bought a new car last Saturday. I've seen two accidents while at work so far this month in that exact same location.

It's just a waste of time for me to tell you all about what I've seen and experienced there are so many...

I got a kick out of this one though.

[quote name='ITDEFX']6 years ago on the way to work for Radio Shack, I saw this one chick speeding on my right with her LEFT FOOT OUT THE fuckING DRIVER SIDE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell do you drive with one foot out the window!?!?!??!?![/quote]

[quote name='Access_Denied']Also, I'm sorry, but Mexicans can not drive for shit. 60% of my town's 90,000 people are Mexican, and let me tell you, not a single one of them can drive. Personally, I think that the driving test should be EXTREMELY hard. Get rid of all the idiots on the road.[/quote]

I'm Mexican, and I'm a better driver than you.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']I'm Mexican, and I'm a better driver than you.[/quote]

I'll do you one better. I'm Asian and I drive better than both of you. :p lol

: puts on flame suit: I'm a banana/twinkie btw...

i live in hattiesburg right now, which is a driving city. i found that out quickly. it's all highway basically.

it's annoying, because it's full of old people with great big american cars and suvs. they creep in the 45mph zones. they creep in situations where you have to turn or go straight. they creep everywhere....

in contrast, younger drivers like myself usually go fast. expect i save gas, so i go speed limit. everyone else habitually cut me off while i'm somehow cutting old people off because they're creeping. so it's a nasty situation.

Beginning July 1st, it's a $250 fine if you're driving while on the phone in California. Everyone has to use either speakerphone or a headset. Win!

[quote name='VipFREAK']Yeah, but that doesn't mean the idiots will drive any better. :roll:

FAIL![/QUOTE]
Well, it appears they changed it to $20 for the first ticket and $50 for each additional, multiplying with each one. Also, anyone under 18 can't use phones at all - handsfree or otherwise. :(

It pisses me off when it pisses people off that I eat when I drive. fuck you, I can do both.

If I still had a cell, believe I'd be talkin' on that shit while driving too. It's the same damn thing as talking to someone in the back seat. It doesn't impair my driving with one hand and I can concentrate on the road just fine. Get off your fuckin' high-horse if you're too much of a simpleton to handle it yourself and respect the fact that I can.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Yeah, most people just can't drive. Right near where I work they are doing road construction and the two northbound lanes are still open, but they are diverted slightly to account for construction. Both lanes curve to the left but the person in the inside lane always seems to go straight across and cut people off. I've almost been hit there twice in the past week. It really pisses me off too since I just bought a new car last Saturday. I've seen two accidents while at work so far this month in that exact same location.

[/quote]

Are you by any chance talking about Santa Clarita? Right by Magic Mountain?

i went to school with this one guy, kinda red-neckish, who had a PA speaker on his truck, kinda like what the cops have. when someone would piss him off while driving he'd use it to tell them off while driving.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']i went to school with this one guy, kinda red-neckish, who had a PA speaker on his truck, kinda like what the cops have. when someone would piss him off while driving he'd use it to tell them off while driving.[/quote]

awesome :applause:

What's up with the people that can't stay in the middle of a driving lane? I know some people that hug a line like it's the side of swimming pool. After a couple semis go by, I'm ready to hop out and grab a cab.

Don't flip people off and you won't have confrontations like that.

It's hard not to get mad at idiots but it doesn't help things.

[quote name='wubb']Don't flip people off and you won't have confrontations like that.

It's hard not to get mad at idiots but it doesn't help things.[/quote]

something has to be done Wubb...you know how bad some of the drivers are in our area!!!

Try fairfax county parkway, some parts of route 50 and you will see. Heck I almost got into a 5 car accident because two fuck heads were road raging each other and I had to hit the breaks before I got hit myself.

bread's done
Back