Test Drive a Chrome Notebook

[quote name='shadylane']If I call ups and ask if there are any packages at 6 pounds being sent to my house, will they be able to verify this for me?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='tekssx']How could they verify it's really you who lives at that address?

Anyone can just give away a random address and pretend it's theirs, so I'm almost 100% sure they won't be able to assist you without a tracking number.[/QUOTE]
Correct. They aren't supposed to... Course they aren't supposed to give out any information on the packages at all, regardless of if you know the tracking number. And, based on posts in this thread and others, they were giving out the name and street addresses as if there was a fire sale on identity theft.

You can try... You might get lucky and end up with one of these naive noobs giving info to anyone that asks... But don't get too worked up if it fails when you get someone that managed to stay awake during the training videos. :drool:

[quote name='shadylane']If I call ups and ask if there are any packages at 6 pounds being sent to my house, will they be able to verify this for me?[/QUOTE]

You just said yesterday that your dad filled out the application so why the hell would you call ups unless google has confirmed to you that you been selected? And if you have been selected I'm 90% sure they will provide you with a tracking number.

[quote name='needler420']You just said yesterday that your dad filled out the application so why the hell would you call ups unless google has confirmed to you that you been selected? And if you have been selected I'm 90% sure they will provide you with a tracking number.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should read the thread...
Google aren't providing tracking numbers or email confirmations.
The laptops are just arriving.

[quote name='needler420']You just said yesterday that your dad filled out the application so why the hell would you call ups unless google has confirmed to you that you been selected? And if you have been selected I'm 90% sure they will provide you with a tracking number.[/QUOTE]

Yea, read the thread then feel free to comment. And yes, my dad did place his application but I placed mine on the 8th (also mentioned on this thread). I was inquiring about mine not my dad's.

[quote name='shadylane']Yea, read the thread then feel free to comment. And yes, my dad did place his application but I placed mine on the 8th (also mentioned on this thread). I was inquiring about mine not my dad's.[/QUOTE]
Don't mind needler.
Too much weed and hoarding will do that to ya. ;)

[quote name='johnnyrunner']I already signed up when this appeared on Slickdeals .. no word from them yet.[/QUOTE]

How long was this up on Slickdeals before it migrated to our shores?

Has anyone here gotten a Cr-48 by signing up using the simple form from the tab page in Chrome? Just curious.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']I wonder why Google is sending them out in waves... =/[/QUOTE]
They are shipping roughly 2000 every day... My guess, that is about how much they can handle... Whether it be the manpower, or transportation restrictions, or simply that it takes them that long to review and debate about all of the essay questions people have submitted?

I've got one that was shipped to my town yesterday, that should be here today, hopefully it's me.

Small city in Texas. Population: about 22,000. Packages sent: 1.

I just found this out, and the anticipation is already killing me.

[quote name='sayu']Small city in Texas. Population: about 22,000. Packages sent: 1.

I just found this out, and the anticipation is already killing me.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! There are two that have been out for delivery all day (to my zip)... and I can't remember if I put my delivery address as my work or home!

[quote name='fubag']wait so the tracker is garbage now? just have to wait?[/QUOTE]
that'snot nice or fair. The tracker is still quite useful, it tells you where and the zip... Even with the tracking number you shouldn't be able to get more information (as A-Gamer stated) so I don't see the issue. As far as its use... Well its good to know if theres any in my zip, there have been 2 thus far but for this batch? there were zero so its out of my mind for the day lol

wanted to apologize for my harsh words, shouldve thought twice before posting, my bad guys...

really appreciate the work you put in A Gamer!!

[quote name='fubag']wanted to apologize for my harsh words, shouldve thought twice before posting, my bad guys...

really appreciate the work you put in A Gamer!![/QUOTE]
No need to apologize to me... No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And, I always wear my +3 Fire Retardant Dragonscale Underarmor whenever I decide to brave my way into the world of forum surfing.

[quote name='JamesC_']Maybe you should read the thread...
Google aren't providing tracking numbers or email confirmations.
The laptops are just arriving.[/QUOTE]

Well good thing i said 90% lol

That is also pretty crazy to ship with no tracking unless your suppose to keep these if they don't require a signature either id keep it lol.

These have to be to keep and not test drive like the dumb title says no way is anyone test driving something that isn't attached to their credit rating and no proof that they even shipped to you. I mean how its setup there is literally nothing they can do to even ask for it back unless your just morally good. And if they expect the majority of " test drivers" to return them they will be in for a surprise.

holy shit
one is coming to my area :D

fuckk yeah

i live on a town full of hispanics, brazilians, portuguese and spanish people.
They barely speak english and i am sure they wouldnt be able to read those websites that tell you about this test program :D

So yeah, the chances of me getting it on the 20th (ETA) are quite high :D
hoorray for the internet and the english language!

[quote name='killer9']Hey how do you find ur bookmarks on the chrome browser dang it has no favorites bar[/QUOTE]

Well I'm presuming you already bookmarked whatever page you needed bookmarked by click on the little star all the way on the left of the URL bar (also known as the "OmniBar").

Once you've done that (you know a page is bookmarked if the star is yellow), whenever you open a new tab the bookmarks bar is right underneath the OmniBar. And if you want the bookmarks bar to always appear (even when you are on a webpage) then right click on the bookmarks bar and select, "Always show bookmarks bar".

Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed up the day that Google had their little conference and have been following your tracker A Gamer and I saw one coming to my zip. Kept checking the tracking number and then when I saw it was being delivered today I watched it like a hawk. When it showed as being delivered I quick checked the tracking number of another UPS order I had coming today and sure enough, both were delivered at the same time so I knew it had to be mine.

And yes, I'm typing this on my brand new Google Cr-48 and loving it. Thanks A Gamer for your awesome tracker.

Cool, there's one coming to my zip tomorrow. There was only one other that was delivered back on the 9th, so I am hopeful this one could be me! Not counting on it though.

[quote name='cRodz']
They barely speak english and i am sure they wouldnt be able to read those websites that tell you about this test program :D

hoorray for the internet and the english language![/QUOTE]

Hooray for ignorance?

[quote name='cRodz']holy shit
one is coming to my area :D

fuckk yeah

So yeah, the chances of me getting it on the 20th (ETA) are quite high :D
hoorray for the internet and the english language![/QUOTE]

So racist

I live in a logging town in the middle of nowhere and 1 just showed up today as delivering on the 21st. I really hope its for me, its been a rough year.

I'm sorry if someone already posted this but I don't want to read through 20 pages of post.
For the people who got one, how long after you signed up did you get the confirmation email?

thank you

[quote name='Bioterror']I'm sorry if someone already posted this but I don't want to read through 20 pages of post.
For the people who got one, how long after you signed up did you get the confirmation email?

thank you[/QUOTE]

There are no confirmation emails.

[quote name='killer9']God you are stupid[/QUOTE]

there is a reason why i worded my initial post like that
i am just bein playful since the start actually

[quote name='fatboyjam']Hooray for ignorance?[/QUOTE]

oh wow, look another one!
i did not notice this post :D

[quote name='GiJoeyxx']Seeing anything for today yet, a gamer?[/QUOTE]
Nothing yet. But someone got a package via 2nd Day Air from Monday, so I have to rescan to look for those. The bulk of those were delivered today, so if one of them was yours, it would be on your doorstep... Now... GOGOGOGO!!!

[quote name='A Gamer']Nothing yet. But someone got a package via 2nd Day Air from Monday, so I have to rescan to look for those. The bulk of those were delivered today, so if one of them was yours, it would be on your doorstep... Now... GOGOGOGO!!![/QUOTE]

Haha, I wish. But nope, nothing for me today =\

bread's done
Back