Test Drive a Chrome Notebook

Shipping update... They did ship some out on 12/15, but they changed things up. Someone just provided me with a tracking/reference number and I am working on adjusting the tracker accordingly. This change was a little trickier than the last one, so it may be a while before the tracker is updated.

[quote name='JamesC_']What happens when a package is delivered? Is it removed from the tracker?[/QUOTE]
For now they stay on the list. There is a banner that separates the 'Delivered' and 'ETA' packages.

[quote name='A Gamer']Shipping update... They did ship some out on 12/15, but they changed things up. Someone just provided me with a tracking/reference number and I am working on adjusting the tracker accordingly. This change was a little trickier than the last one, so it may be a while before the tracker is updated.[/QUOTE]

This update will still not provide us with actual tracking numbers for the packages....correct?

[quote name='shadylane']This update will still not provide us with actual tracking numbers for the packages....correct?[/QUOTE]
Correct. Until someone figures out how the new references work, and publicly posts a list of tracking/reference numbers, I won't be able to include them on the site.

Here are some of the reference codes posted so far:

UOR268MLDGP754CZNQDP887T
IPS650ORBKR133ZZWIKH736G
ULI608ELALY593MTGVSJ960S
HHR484XFWQP378GWWSFZ718D
OTS762ZMDKA450VKZARO749H

Good luck trying to decode/decrypt them.

Entered for this a while ago, and just noticed the tracking feature you put up. Typed in my town and zip, and it says one is arriving next week :shock: Thats a good sign, right? On another note, anyone else sign up for this in NJ who are from bergen county?

dammit UPS ground, deliver already! I can't tell if its mine to my sole zip code!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='Nemesis135n']So I see we live in the same town. By the way Im typing this from my chrome notebook.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! How do you like it? I'm surprised to see another CAG from Enid!

is there something wrong with the ETA for the tracker? 12/17, and no UPS truck, and no update on delivery. Does it need to manually updated or is it automatic?

[quote name='Calinks']Guess what came in the mail today! A bill....[/QUOTE]

umm..
Electricity, gas, rent, cable or internet?
which one came?

[quote name='fubag']is there something wrong with the ETA for the tracker? 12/17, and no UPS truck, and no update on delivery. Does it need to manually updated or is it automatic?[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends on the UPS truck.
Sometimes they decide to put it on a truck which will ship the item on the mornings, afternoons or evenings. Depending on the truck schedule of course.
There has been two cases where UPS has come to my house as late as 9pm.

In fact, i am waiting for a move bundle package from UPS right now.
I am waiting for the doorbell since the tracking page still says "Out for Delivery" since 2:30 am.

How do I get a tracking # for the one that is coming to my town from the tracker?

I finally see one coming to my town, but I need to know if it's for me or not because my dad works during the day, so I'd need to be at his house to sign for it if it is indeed for me.

The wife just called me. UPS just dropped the laptop off at my house. Too bad I won't be home until the 24th at the earliest. That is of course assuming if I get out of here in time, which due to the weather it isn't looking likely. I WANT TO PLAY WITH IT NOW (so to speak)!

Unlike others have said, the one dropped off at my house didn't require a signature.

Edit: Forgot to mention thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='digital ink']For those people who did get one, did you use a gmail account or a different email?[/QUOTE]

I used a gmail, but I am a google fan boy so.

Some shipping 'trends' from the tracker:
  • 12/09: 2001 packages via Next Day Air @ 2am
  • 12/10: 2127 packages via Next Day Air @ 12am (midnight)
  • 12/10: 2116 packages via Ground @ 3pm (but didn't ship till 12/13)
  • 12/13: 1897 packages via Next Day Air (123) & 2nd Day Air (1774) @ 10pm
  • 12/14: 1960 packages via 2nd Day Air (29) & Ground (1931) @ 8pm
  • 12/15: 1979 packages via 2nd Day Air (56) & Ground (1923) @ 8pm
  • 12/16: 1742 packages via Ground @ 9pm (but didn't ship till 12/17)

[quote name='e Skrilla']Guess I'm not getting one. Signed up and never got any confirmation back lol[/QUOTE]
The only 'confirmation' you get is the screen saying they will notify you...

They don't.

The notebook just shows up one day... On your door step... No notice.

And, since it is not signature required (although the driver will often ask for a sig if someone is home), the boxes are being left on front porches all over the nation...

Two shipping over here! I tried to send a second Notebook since I wasn't sure if I did the survey correct so the two that are coming might be mine! :D

@A Gamer: is it possible for you to look up a specific reference/tracking # based on zipcode? There's only one coming to my zipcode.

[quote name='A Gamer']The only 'confirmation' you get is the screen saying they will notify you...

They don't.

And, since it is not signature required (although the driver will often ask for a sig if someone is home), the boxes are being left on front porches all over the nation...[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='dabamus']My zipcode only has 33,000 or so in it, so I'm hoping. :D[/QUOTE]

After seeing that one was shipping to my Zip/area, I went and Googled the population of my zip. Google's great; I wonder how this has affected search query volume. I've done numerous/multiple searches about the cr-48, how track the thing, etc. since I saw the notice that one was being shipped to my area. I also just saw on the update that another shipped on 12/15, with an ETA of a day after the other. Hopefully one of two will be mine.

Edit: I'm curious if the number of google searches you have done/have on record with them came into account. Since signing up with them in March of 2007 (with what ended being my main Gmail account and which I keep logged in on numerous computers/devices), I've done [SIZE=-1]17628, and these are just the ones that are logged, again, with this particular account. [/SIZE]

[quote name='A Gamer']The only 'confirmation' you get is the screen saying they will notify you...

They don't.

And, since it is not signature required (although the driver will often ask for a sig if someone is home), the boxes are being left on front porches all over the nation...[/QUOTE]

If you live on a peaceful suburban area to begin with, yes.

Other than that, i, someone who lives on an urban and chaotic-recognized city, will expect the UPS man to ring my bell and hand that package safely to my hands.
If that package is left outside my door, that package with the cool pictures wont last a minute once the UPS man leaves.

Anyone not fill in everything and get selected? As in when they asked for what programs, did you only fill in a couple things?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='legendarydogs']Anyone not fill in everything and get selected? As in when they asked for what programs, did you only fill in a couple things?[/QUOTE]

I only selected what I used, which wasn't a whole lot and I still get selected.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Anyone not fill in everything and get selected? As in when they asked for what programs, did you only fill in a couple things?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='curtst']I only selected what I used, which wasn't a whole lot and I still get selected.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that this is a browser based OS... So, people that commonly use PhotoShop or any of those other non-cloud programs are NOT their target audience. Also, keep in mind that this is a pilot, so not a marketing push to win people over to the cloud.

So, my guess is that you want to check off all of the options that are cloud based, and skip anything that required a normal OS.

Course, I didn't get one... So I really don't know.

I've been stalking the tracker everyday. I'm hoping I eventually see one to my zip of about 2000 people. And no I didn't forget a zero :)

If I don't get one by the 20th, I'm sending out for one again. Anyway, time for me to click on some tracker ads!

bread's done
Back