Test Drive a Chrome Notebook

oh wow. i got one coming to my zip code. says it should be here 1/31. i gave up on this weeks ago after checking it daily and just being disappointed. hope it comes to me as i live in a very small town

One showing shipped to my zip code yesterday. ETA is still "N/A". Hoping it's mine.

Population of our city is 12,000, so, I'm very hopeful.

It shows one coming to my city as well, 40,000 people, but I registered for it twice... I hope it's coming to me! It's being shipped through ground... Hmm so 3-10 days,ugh..... please oh please here!
if so I'll post pics, and whatnot.

Damn, still nothing coming to my zip. I signed up twice (once through the simple form through Chrome and the other using the standard form). Oh well...

Tracker said one was shipped to my area code yesterday (only 2 have been shipped to my zip so far), not a very big town so fingers crossed also.

Ooooooooo, one was shipped to my zip code and city!!!
I would think not many people here signed up, but a ton of people on base live in town and a bit of them are probably savvy to SD and stuff like that, so we'll see.

Edit: This will be the first one someone in my city has received. While Columbia, an hour away, has gotten 16 so far.
Anyone who has received one, how long did it take to get yours? I imagine you didn't know from the tracker, but did anyone look on the package itself for a ship date?
The one to my zip was shipped yesterday and if they were overnighted or something, then it's not mine. But if they take a couple days, then I can hold on to hope.

NVM, I'm dumb. It says ground, so it wouldn't have arrived in town yet.

When you do the signup, is there supposed to be any sort of confirmation screen? Because when I hit "Submit," the page just reverted to how it looks when you first arrive.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']When you do the signup, is there supposed to be any sort of confirmation screen? Because when I hit "Submit," the page just reverted to how it looks when you first arrive.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I believe so. Try shortening the short answer portion of the signup and try again, I think that was one of the problems stated as to why it wouldn't submit.

Sweeeeet. One is going to my parent's zip, where I signed my wife up to have one delivered. They literally have about 5 people in their crap town, so I'm really hopeful!

Well one more is shipping to my zipcode, for a total of 2. I honestly didn't think anyone else in the area would have gone for one, so I was wrong once I am probably going to be let down, again.

I signed up my mother for the laptop and it came in the mail! (I signed her up for it on December 21st). Ours was the only one in the 48227 area! She was so excited! The advice about choosing Google-based options really worked! =D

First time one has ever showed up in my town on the tracker. It says eta 1/28/11 and it shipped 1/25/11 ground. Does that mean that it hasn't delivered and i should start getting my hopes up that i receive it in the next couple of days?

One more coming to my city (only 3 total). I'm really hoping this one is mine, and at the same time I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. It was shipped 1/27, guess I'll find out soon!

EDIT: If it says N/A under the ETA part, that means it hasn't actually shipped yet right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed myself up and my parents up. Nothing showing for my parents zip code, but there is one showing up for my zip code that shipped out yesterday (no eta). I'm hopeful it is for me, but I won't get my hopes up.

[quote name='GiJoeyxx']One more coming to my city (only 3 total). I'm really hoping this one is mine, and at the same time I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. It was shipped 1/27, guess I'll find out soon!

EDIT: If it says N/A under the ETA part, that means it hasn't actually shipped yet right?[/QUOTE]

No ETA means, Estimated Time Of Arrival, meaning it's been sent, because there is a shipped date, but they do not know when your item will arrive.

Now, for me, it seems the next person in my city who will get one, will take 6 or 7 days, from the 27, sigh, please be me.

How I could check my track for shipping from the Google Inc? I haven't getting any news from the Google Inc for shipping an item.

Is it still illegal to sell these on eBay? Haven't received one and not planning on selling but, they are popping up all over eBay.

[quote name='Dorok']Is it still illegal to sell these on eBay? Haven't received one and not planning on selling but, they are popping up all over eBay.[/QUOTE]

I'd say highly illegal. You most likely have to sign an NDA and accept that the netbook is not your property.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']How long would it take from sign-up to know they're shipping one to your town if you got accepted??[/QUOTE]
They are NOT shipping them in chronological order. People who applied early and late Dec last year have received units in this recent batch. And, in the previous shipments there were units sent to people who had signed up just a couple days earlier. So, you really have no idea whether you are getting one, or when to expect it if you are. It just shows up.

[quote name='A Gamer']They are NOT shipping them in chronological order. People who applied early and late Dec last year have received units in this recent batch. And, in the previous shipments there were units sent to people who had signed up just a couple days earlier. So, you really have no idea whether you are getting one, or when to expect it if you are. It just shows up.[/QUOTE]

Oooooooh, mysterious! Thanks for the info! Just have to wait, I guess.

So I come home from watching the movie True Grit (which by the way was a excellent movie) and lo and behold what do I find on my doorstep? Why a CR-48 just for me of course!!!

I completely forgot about this a freaked when I opened it up. I'm actually typing this message from my laptop.

Damn wish I knew about this sooner. I filled out the app and looked up my area and they have shipped 7 in my zip already and 2 of them within the last 2 days. Let's hope they still want to send more to this area.

I'm just curious, has anyone heard of a house getting more than one? For instance if my wife signed up with business and I as an individual?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I'm just curious, has anyone heard of a house getting more than one? For instance if my wife signed up with business and I as an individual?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Some guy (over at SD I believe) posted that he got 2, on the same day. And, yes, according to the tracker, there are quite a few addresses that have received more than 1 (as in if you check the tracking number it says 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc).

Hey A Gamer,

Is there any way I can find the tracking (or reference) number for the one coming to my city? Or is that not possible again with this batch?

[quote name='GiJoeyxx']Hey A Gamer,

Is there any way I can find the tracking (or reference) number for the one coming to my city? Or is that not possible again with this batch?[/QUOTE]

Also wondering this - it could be helpful. One that was supposed to deliver to my zip on Friday was changed to ETA of Monday.. so just wondering why.

[quote name='Markew001']Also wondering this - it could be helpful. One that was supposed to deliver to my zip on Friday was changed to ETA of Monday.. so just wondering why.[/QUOTE]
That usually happens for 2 reasons:
1) UPS attempted the initial delivery but no one was there to accept (and left a slip stuck to the door), so now the status is 'First Attempt Made' -- so, unless there is a slip stuck to your door, it probably wasn't your package;
2) bad weather slowed things down and UPS will try again on the next business day -- so, unless you got a lot of snow on Thu/Fri, that probably wasn't your package.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Anyone get one and the package was not on the tracker? I am trying to see if there is still hope.[/QUOTE]
Yes. The tracker can only search for packages that fit a known 'profile'. Google has changed things up on us several times, changing shipping account, changing the reference number format, etc. So, it is always possible that they shipped out using a different method. However, in the past, each 'batch' has usually been consistently shipped the same way, so I suspect that the batches from the past few days are complete in the tracker.

But the only way we will know is if someone posts a tracking/reference number for a package that is not on the tracker, and thus provides us with yet another 'profile' to search for.

Ive tried to get one, nothing...then again, just rechecked tracker, one is in my area by tomorrow, ill update if i get it

[quote name='GiJoeyxx']Hey A Gamer,

Is there any way I can find the tracking (or reference) number for the one coming to my city? Or is that not possible again with this batch?[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well.

bread's done
Back