Test Drive Unlimited - Gen. Discussion & Info - New DLC Up Now 2/6/08

[quote name='jm2u'] It's physics are between a PGR and a Ridge Racer. .[/quote] thats a huge lie the cars turn like shit the physics arent good i dont know what your talking about in real life you turn the steering wheel completely to turn the car in this game you barely turn the steering wheel and it dose not turn verey good you would be surprised at the crappy graphics this game has to offer sure the scenery is nice but when it comes down to it graphics dont matter its the fun of the game that matters and for all you guys saying i havent played live yes i have when you are racing the person next to you lags and thats what kills the realism of the game and yes the physics are as bad as they get when you shift and u pay attention the guy only moves the stick up and down and the braking sounds are truely generic if u go 10 mph and you brake itl sound the same as if u were going 80 mph and if u pay attention to the characters feet they dont move i forgot tdu was set in the future where you could just sit and the car moves , online play is OK but sooner or later you're gonna get bored and this game get old relly quick and when you think to yourself "damn i shouldof just got the game pass from block buster for the money " you're gonna remember this review

[quote name='purepwnage81']thats a huge lie the cars turn like shit the physics arent good i dont know what your talking about in real life you turn the steering wheel completely to turn the car in this game you barely turn the steering wheel and it dose not turn verey good you would be surprised at the crappy graphics this game has to offer sure the scenery is nice but when it comes down to it graphics dont matter its the fun of the game that matters and for all you guys saying i havent played live yes i have when you are racing the person next to you lags and thats what kills the realism of the game and yes the physics are as bad as they get when you shift and u pay attention the guy only moves the stick up and down and the braking sounds are truely generic if u go 10 mph and you brake itl sound the same as if u were going 80 mph and if u pay attention to the characters feet they dont move i forgot tdu was set in the future where you could just sit and the car moves , online play is OK but sooner or later you're gonna get bored and this game get old relly quick and when you think to yourself "damn i shouldof just got the game pass from block buster for the money " you're gonna remember this review[/QUOTE]

Pay attention to how fast you are going when you want to turn .
Just like in real life .
These roads are flat for the most part , not banked like a racetrack .

I think the physics in this game are incredibly well done .

Try flooring it in a powerful rear-wheel drive car from a dead stop in the 1st person/dashboard view .
Your head [the camera] is whipped back upon doing this .

That is just one of the incredible real life details captured in this game , and that is why I think you are wrong .

If you like games that let you take turns at impossible speed , stick to the Need For Speed series of games .

Pretty much..

I'm actually really surprised at how sim-ful the driving physics are, I expected this to be one of those games where you just choose an automatic transmission every time. It's no Gran Turismo or anything but it's a lot more like that than I expected it to be.

I'm saying this is a good thing, by the way.

[quote name='purepwnage81']yall think what yall want but im a HUGE gamer and racing enthusiasts im just saying the game isnt as good as it sounds belive me[/QUOTE]

I don't care how "HUGE" of a gamer/racer you are, if you're not going to use periods/paragraphs/spell-check, nobody here is going to take your childish rants seriously.

Well I don't see much what pwn is talking about really. Since i got it i've been playing it nonstop and i'm not a huge race fan either. I like how the game is set up. btw linkinprime i sent you a message on live. I was seeing if i could get invited to the club.

The physics in this game are pretty crappy... but that's about the only bad thing in this game. This the next best thing(at least for me) until Midnight Club 4 comes out("hope" it comes out).

Iam new to the 360, but I rented this game, and I loved it, I got Burnout instead but I really want to buy this game.

[quote name='purepwnage81']thats a huge lie the cars turn like shit the physics arent good i dont know what your talking about in real life you turn the steering wheel completely to turn the car in this game you barely turn the steering wheel and it dose not turn verey good you would be surprised at the crappy graphics this game has to offer sure the scenery is nice but when it comes down to it graphics dont matter its the fun of the game that matters and for all you guys saying i havent played live yes i have when you are racing the person next to you lags and thats what kills the realism of the game and yes the physics are as bad as they get when you shift and u pay attention the guy only moves the stick up and down and the braking sounds are truely generic if u go 10 mph and you brake itl sound the same as if u were going 80 mph and if u pay attention to the characters feet they dont move i forgot tdu was set in the future where you could just sit and the car moves , online play is OK but sooner or later you're gonna get bored and this game get old relly quick and when you think to yourself "damn i shouldof just got the game pass from block buster for the money " you're gonna remember this review[/QUOTE]

Seriously, this guy has hit the nail on the head. :roll:

Just kind of put this guy on your ignore list and read everything else written in this thread to get a good idea of how much this game rules.

Yea I liked the demo and I wouldn't mine owning this game but I just got Oblivion and I'll need more time in the day to play that and have time to do everything else I need to do lol.

I must say...This game is great! Im actually not the biggest fan of any racing games. But this game is actually well detailed. I love the detail of the outside of the cars and mostly of the in car views. I like how if u put the windows down u will get a differnt sound if you put them up. Personally i love this game. Got it for christmas and i cant seem to put it down because its a well layed out game. But i guess you really have to see for your self. And of course the handling is going to suck when your going about 160 to 200 on a sharp turn. What do you expect? To float through the turn like nothing? Great game. Id have to give it a 9 out of 10 on my scale.

If anyone would want to get together tomorrow night around 7pm est and do some club challenges and drive in challenges that would be great. the club is dead atm and would like to get the achievements for the 2.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']If anyone would want to get together tomorrow night around 7pm est and do some club challenges and drive in challenges that would be great. the club is dead atm and would like to get the achievements for the 2.[/quote]Won't be home 'till after 11pm, otherwise I'd be up for that CAG meetup.

i would be around late tomorrow night, but i wouldn't mind getting the club race achievement. just shoot me a friend request

So other CAGs that are interested in a drive around how 'bout posting what time works for you and perhaps what car you prefer driving so we're not all mismatched performance-wise.

After 1130pmEST works for me and I usually drive around in a Skyline or any Ferrari that isn't an Enzo.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Anyone up for a ride along the coastline tonight?[/QUOTE]

Depending on time, I might. I didn't get much sleep last night. I need to work on getting some more money to buy a second house.

Z06
Z/28
Sky
Mustang GT thus far

Nirran...I tried to hunt you down in the game a few weeks ago. You kept teleporting around the map though, so it was hard to run into you. I must've spent about 20 minutes driving around to where I thought you were headed. Pretty amusing, actually.

I have been renting this game for a little over a week. It seems like the servers are down often.

Also I don't see tons of people driving around in the game. It seems like there are less people online in this game than I would expect.

I've picked up this as a rental for a few weeks so if anyone wants to cruise it during the week, I'm down. Friend request me by clicking my XBL name below my avatar, I'd love to join a car club too if CAG has one.

Fun game, I'm just getting started at 4% though.

[quote name='rywateska']I've picked up this as a rental for a few weeks so if anyone wants to cruise it during the week, I'm down. Friend request me by clicking my XBL name below my avatar, I'd love to join a car club too if CAG has one.

Fun game, I'm just getting started at 4% though.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a CAG car club .

[quote name='Richlough']Yes there is a CAG car club .[/QUOTE]

What's the name and how do you join?

[quote name='Indiana']What's the name and how do you join?[/QUOTE]

I think it's Hostile CAG , just like the Chromehounds clan .
Accept my friends request and I'll try to send you a club invite today .

So how far along are you guys in the game? I've held off on doing any more challenges (though I did win the big race in the game though around the island--insanity, took me half an hour) and instead I'm trying to discover all the roads.

Gotta get my 360 repaired though, which sucks. It'd be nice driving around sunny Hawai'i with this winter storm comiing, eh Indiana?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So how far along are you guys in the game? I've held off on doing any more challenges (though I did win the big race in the game though around the island--insanity, took me half an hour) and instead I'm trying to discover all the roads.

Gotta get my 360 repaired though, which sucks. It'd be nice driving around sunny Hawai'i with this winter storm comiing, eh Indiana?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucks big time the weather here that is. It makes me want to move to warmer weather.

I'm not very far in the game only about 10%. My wife is enjoying the game more than I am I think she is about 30% done.

[quote name='Richlough']I think it's Hostile CAG , just like the Chromehounds clan .
Accept my friends request and I'll try to send you a club invite today .[/QUOTE]

Can you send a friend invite to MrsTea as well?

My wife is playing the game right now. :) We both play TDU.

Thanks.

[quote name='Indiana']Can you send a friend invite to MrsTea as well?

My wife is playing the game right now. :) We both play TDU.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Both sent .

I'll try to get on as soon as I can .

[quote name='Richlough']Both sent .

I'll try to get on as soon as I can .[/quote]Me, too, please. Looks like my 360 is functioning again *crosses fingers* so I'd like to drive around with a few of you guys. Thanks.

I picked this up today for $20. I'll probably show my crappy racing skills to the world either tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to come kick my ass if that helps you get any achievements or something.

[quote name='Richlough']I've been kicked out of the club .
I don't know why , I'll get money somehow ($350,000!!) and start a new one .[/quote]Who started it anyway? I never really heard much fanfare about the car club here. Not like it was with Forza anyway, which is to be expected.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Who started it anyway? I never really heard much fanfare about the car club here. Not like it was with Forza anyway, which is to be expected.[/QUOTE]

I don't know , Linkin is still in it maybe he knows .

New DLC for free:

NEW YORK, April 12 -- Atari, Inc. , one of the world's most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, today announced that a new "Lexus Car Pack" is available now for free download on Xbox Live(R) Marketplace for Test Drive Unlimited, the ultimate automotive and lifestyle gaming experience for Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

As part of the Company's new relationship with Lexus, Atari has released the Lexus GS 450h hybrid-powered luxury sport sedan and Lexus LS 460 premium luxury sedan on Xbox Live Marketplace for free download. Additional Lexus vehicles coming soon to Test Drive Unlimited include the SC 430 hard-top convertible and the all-new 2008 LS 600h L, which will be the world's first full hybrid V8 luxury sedan. The LS 600h L will reach Lexus dealer showrooms later this Spring.

Thanks to terribledeli for bringing this up.

I haven't played this in months. I just finished Fight Night (1000 pts) last night and I was trying to decide which one to put in next. I think I may have to play it some.

My biggest gripe is you can only have one save per gamertag. So if anyone else in your house wants to play online, they either need their own gold account or they have to use yours and your character/save.

I really like this game, even though I'm not so good at it. I'll check out the free download, but I assume that you still have to buy the car with in-game currency, right?

I just got the 1000-mi club last night. Played it for the first time in a couple of months, and damn is it tedious.

Unfortunately, this will most likely be the first 360 game that goes on my TL.

so this game is not so good? It always looked kinda cool, and the online functionality sounded fun. If it drives like shit it doesn't matter, though.

[quote name='jer7583']so this game is not so good? It always looked kinda cool, and the online functionality sounded fun. If it drives like shit it doesn't matter, though.[/QUOTE]

It still has the fun factor if you're just cruising or racing, or whathaveyou. It's hunting for those little connector streets and offramps to get the (insanely low, IMHO) Achievement for unlocking the entire island.

I'm 19 hours in, and only 72% complete for all the roads. 33% completion overall.

The nice thing about test drive is that "completing" the game means something different for everybody.

You can play collector and collect every car in the game (incidentally this turns you into a property baron just for the space)

You can win every race (me)

You can uncover all the roads (I dont think it's worth the time)

Or you can do it all.

And then there's the whole online aspect, whch admittedly could have been a lot better but still a lot of fun when you do find some people who aren't busy with goals but who are also looking to get into some wall scrapes with other humans.

Actually, I may hang on to this game yet. I'm over 80% in roads unlocked, but I haven't been able to unlock any bikes yet. Just figured out I could upgrade my Stang to a S281 complete with body kit. That was damn cool. Any other body mod manufacturers out there? May have to tune my Vanquish S.

Although, some of the races seem ridiculous. There's a time trial on the east coast that you have to complete in 2:25:00 to get Gold. For the life of me, I can't do it.

bread's done
Back