Test Drive Unlimited - Gen. Discussion & Info - New DLC Up Now 2/6/08

I really would like to see a complete map of the island, not just dealerships but all rental shops, estate agents etc.

None of the challenges in the game are really that hard, if you can't reach a particular time, try a different car. Worked for me msot of the time. I think I know the one you're talking about though, a class D one right? yup definitely try a different car. Same for Tantalus (noble m400 for me).

[quote name='fathamburger']I really would like to see a complete map of the island, not just dealerships but all rental shops, estate agents etc.

None of the challenges in the game are really that hard, if you can't reach a particular time, try a different car. Worked for me msot of the time. I think I know the one you're talking about though, a class D one right? yup definitely try a different car. Same for Tantalus (noble m400 for me).[/QUOTE]

Check out the Starategy Guide if you get the chance .
It has an immense amount of maps and info .

Does anyone think this game is the closest thing to Oblivion with cars ?
Or is it just me .

Just got to Champion level, and that allowed me to complete the island. Now to go get a bunch of cash and buy everything in existance. ;)

I've gotten to the point where most of the races, timed and extra events (hitchhike and model pick-up) are requiring certain cars, which are a pain in the ass. I've gotta go through and buy a shitload of cars now to satisfy the race conditons.

I don't know how the hell I'm gonna even come close to finishing this game. I've been wanting to find every road, but it's just such a huge game. My wanting to get perfect ratings on the hitchike and model missions certainly don't help.

[quote name='jer7583']so this game is not so good? It always looked kinda cool, and the online functionality sounded fun. If it drives like shit it doesn't matter, though.[/quote]
I think this is best non tech racing(Forza, GT) game around. While I enjoy car games I'm never that good at them. That being said I beat every single player race with little or no problem. The online cruising around and making your races and setting cash bets on other races was pretty cool. If your a fan of racing games picking this game up for $20 is a no brainier.

I think the biggest mistake people make going into this game is they play it like Need For Speed. You need to actually use your brake and take lines around corners to do well in the later races. There's no handbrake turns here. That's not to say it's a Forza as far as controls, but it leans much more to that side than it does to NFS or Ridge Racer.

This is probably the best racing game I've played, it's fun, looks amazing, there's loads to do and the fact you're online alll the time and people can challange you when they see you etc is great.

I think I've got about as far as I will with it but I still pop it in occasionally, highly reccomended.

New DLC up:

Title: Test Drive Unlimited

Content: Test Drive Collection - Volume 6
Price: 350 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) LANGUAGE,MILD VIOLENCE] Premium set includes the Nissan 350Z Roadster 2004, Audi A4 Touring Car, Cadillac® Sixteen™, Dino 246 GTS, Triumph Dayton 995i, Pontiac® Solstice, Lamborghini Diablo GT There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: Free NISSAN 350Z Roadster 2004
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) LANGUAGE,MILD VIOLENCE] Download the NISSAN 350Z Roadster 2004 for free (in-game currency still required for purchase at respective dealer).

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/02/05/marketplace-roundup-for-feburary-5-2008.aspx

As always, these need to be purchased in the game as well right? I have so much of the island still to explore. I'll get back to this some day.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']As always, these need to be purchased in the game as well right? I have so much of the island still to explore. I'll get back to this some day.[/quote]

Unfortunately yes...

I love not having to update my thread . ;)

I still have a soft spot for this game , I think it is well made [after you patch the original version]
This is one of those games that was a victim of a bad demo .

Also I think this game is powering Atari's life support .

[quote name='Richlough']I love not having to update my thread . ;)

I still have a soft spot for this game , I think it is well made [after you patch the original version]
This is one of those games that was a victim of a bad demo .

Also I think this game is powering Atari's life support .[/quote]

Hey atleast you don't mind like some others...;)

I do love this game too, never liked sim racers but this one hit the spot just right...I agree on the demo too, its such an underratted game. I gotta get back into it...I gotta find time to play though :cry:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hey atleast you don't mind like some others...;)

I do love this game too, never liked sim racers but this one hit the spot just right...I agree on the demo too, its such an underratted game. I gotta get back into it...I gotta find time to play though :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey !! WTF ! It was you ?

You didn't mention it's not on Blu-Ray !

Are their alot of people playing the game online? I was thinking about picking it up from gamestop with the 25% coupon.

Thanks.

[quote name='ryosnk']Are their alot of people playing the game online? I was thinking about picking it up from gamestop with the 25% coupon.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's $19.99 at CC new .
Just FYI .

This game is the closest I've seen to 'Oblivion with cars' , it's awesome .

I just got the game (microcenter $10) and its fun playing the game when others players are on the island also. If anyone wants to play send me a friends request.

I think this game is pretty fun, even offline. Going to have to get back into it one of these days...

I'm enjoying the offline game, though the difficulty could have used some balancing. Just beat Tantalus after 5000 attempts (it felt like that many, honest). Most challenges, even at Champion level, are relatively easy, especially with a tuned vehicle. Then you get to one that'll make you pull your hair out.

bread's done
Back