Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP. With so many people asking "where are the point deals??" lately, this is quite timely.

i gotta do it when i come back from my class.

2 phones 200 points. hopefully 3 if the deal goes on. hell maybe 4 phones, that doesnt sound bad

I just got 100 points on my third try (overall, first try today). Does anybody know if you can win more than once a day on a phone?

Got 100 points. Thanks

I then had a friend try and they received a message saying "Sorry there were no more codes".

Its dead :(

Oh well i got 400 MS Points at least!

thanks for the post topic creator. bought Sonic & Knuckles to get an easy 200. =)

I feel bad though in a way now.. i should of just shared the love with everyone. :(

it seems to be dead now. funny enough did it on my cell phone and it worked got 100 then went and grabbed another cell phone in my house about 3-4 mins later and it said theyre all out of codes. thanks anyways.

thanks for the 100 points tip! op!

Yup dead. I tried it earlier with two phones and I just tried a few minutes again with two more and it said "All codes have been redeemed". Thanks though OP appreciate the info.

i thought about how i got 100 free microsoft points and I realized in the message "standard text messages rate may apply" so..lol maybe I will still owe on my so called "free" points lol. 100 ms points=$1.25 because 400ms points=$5.00 and so on. so if I got a fee on my verizon account of around 1.25 it wasnt free lol. oh well haha

Does anyone know the rules for this? Just yesterday it was in another thread for awhile and then declared dead (a simple Google search shows it all over different 360/deal sites way before this thread was created), but reappeared as this thread today. Maybe they only have a certain number of codes to give out each day. I dunno, just a thought..

[quote name='Bojizzle']I can't get mine to work. Says it can't send... oh well[/QUOTE]

If the message won't send it most likely doesn't work with your carrier. Certain carriers can't send messages to numbers like that for some reason. My friend in CA tried it and her phone couldn't send it either.

Had a friend just send me a code for 100 points. Tried it on my dad's phone when I dropped off my boy this morning, but had to leave for work before I got a response. I'll check it tonight.

Thanks to all the aholes who decided to send multiple texts, the rest of us get screwed out of getting at least one. And you wonder why ECA has their panties in a wad.

Yeah, that's always going to happen with any deal. The hoarders/flippers ruin it for those of us who are playing fair, so to speak.

[quote name='sobishop']Thanks to all the aholes who decided to send multiple texts, the rest of us get screwed out of getting at least one. And you wonder why ECA has their panties in a wad.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome.

:D

Least i feel good by not spamming the text to all my friends then taking their codes. Only did it once :)

[quote name='daminion']dead for me[/QUOTE]

Please read. They've been sending a "All codes redeemed" message for days now, even though you can still get codes. Re-send the text and eventually you should get something. Took me 3 tries on Monday. Only took my wife one (go figure).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You're welcome.

:D[/QUOTE]

Why is that funny? People like you screwed this up for everyone.

[quote name='retromufc']Why is that funny? People like you screwed this up for everyone.[/QUOTE]

How did they "screw it up for everyone"?

(1) It's still active as of this morning
(2) We do not have a published limit of the # of codes they have. I highly doubt they have enough for EVERYONE person ever, let alone everyone Xbox Live registered user. If this was "for everyone" Doritos would have just deposited 100 pts into every XBL account. They didn't, so it isn't "for everyone."
(3) This thread is a duplicate of one that was active days before, so you're also very very late to the party.
(4) 1 per phone #. If the person is paying for more than one phone or tells their friends, they're not ruining it--- they're just getting it BEFORE you.

And for those comparing a text message (that you're paying for) to ECA's insanity--- please calm down and realize you're not even remotely in the same solar system.

MrNEWZ is right on. I've missed out on plenty of contests/deals because I was LTTP.. doesn't mean I curse everyone who got in on it though. It's not as if we knew the magic # of codes that were remaining and stole them from you. And yeah, this is the second thread on this topic on CAG, it's also been spread around the entire internet. Google the part about sending POWER, etc. and you'll see that TONS of gamers have been taking advantage of this. But hey, all us CAG ruined it for a few of you. -_-

I got 100 points just now, I'd been sending texts for days on my phone, I probably sent close to a hundred for one code to finally come in, but they're still giving them out, its just down to a trickle i think

[quote name='sooprmunky61'] I probably sent close to a hundred for one code to finally come in[/QUOTE]
Jeez, I definitely wouldn't go that crazy just to get 100 free points lol :hot:

bread's done
Back