Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying a relative's phone, to give a code to the people who came in second and third, but now I'm getting that they're all out of codes :(

got a few other phones to use today, but nothing but bad luck. Only one code which I gave to a friend who didn't get much out of this promo.

1st try, about 10 seconds after sending the text, I got one from them with a code. It was good for 100 points. Thanks, OP.

Tried 9 times over the past few days. My last try at 8:20 (Central) this morning was successful. I redeemed the code for 100 points just now (the response was much earlier, I just wasn't near my computer or 360 to redeem it until now).

[quote name='icedrake523']Did it and got 100 points. Thanks. Since I sent my console in for repair, the one online is different from the one I have so I always have to redownload if I try to get something from online.[/QUOTE]

You need to use the license transfer tool if you don't have your original xbox 360 anymore. Then you don't have to be online to play your arcade games, etc.

giveaway stuff like this is always epic fail for me, my luck is total shit. happened with the castle crashers DLC on facebook/twitter earlier this year.

Just got the following message:

"Doritos: Sorry, wr all out of codes! Thnks 2 the Xbox-gaming Doritos-eating community 4 all of ur excitement 4 this event!"

Deal appears to be dead.

I've been getting that message all weekend. Tried about 40 times today, and not one code. Tried on my girlfriend's phone Friday night and we kept getting the "Sorry we are all out of codes" message all night Saturday night, even after sending the STOP message. haha

[quote name='Maltandbagels']I just got a reply but it said they were out of codes and thanks for eating chips or something like that.[/QUOTE]
ditto

Yeah, I texted yesterday and it said they were all out of codes. You should put "DEAD" in the thread title, and save some people the cost of texting ;)

[quote name='unopepito06']Yeah, I texted yesterday and it said they were all out of codes. You should put "DEAD" in the thread title, and save some people the cost of texting ;)[/QUOTE]

read just a few pages back, it's not dead. It's YMMV because it may take sending a few txts to get points. But it's def not dead.

Theres 5 in my house and I tried 2 friends and had no luck, so no I dont have 7 different phones. That would really be tough to keep up with only 2 ears and all.

I was still getting codes as of Sunday night. Unfortunately, that's probably too far back to help determine if this is dead or not. But I was constantly mass texting the number disregarding that they were "out" of codes. Sometimes I would finally get a code back after 10 minutes, but there were a few that I kept doing that took over 20 minutes before getting one. Yes, I had that much free time...

I dunno, if someone with unlimited texting has a good solid half hour with absolutely nothing to do, or doesn't mind constantly texting, I'd give it a shot.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I was still getting codes as of Sunday night. Unfortunately, that's probably too far back to help determine if this is dead or not. But I was constantly mass texting the number disregarding that they were "out" of codes. Sometimes I would finally get a code back after 10 minutes, but there were a few that I kept doing that took over 20 minutes before getting one. Yes, I had that much free time...

I dunno, if someone with unlimited texting has a good solid half hour with absolutely nothing to do, or doesn't mind constantly texting, I'd give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Any luck getting a second code on one phone?

I texted the hell out of it over the past week.. literally bombarded the system with probably 40-50 texts per shot. Never got a single code.

Being sick at home for a week gives me plenty of time to waste on trying to get MS Points, but I'd say that this is dead.

[quote name='Corvin']Any luck getting a second code on one phone?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. Never really thought about it since it keep telling me that I was "too eager, but thanks" or whatever it was. Now I just tried for the first time since last week and I'm getting the "we are out of codes" response back instead. I think I'll try for the next 10 minutes to see if anything happens...

I tried to use my cell phone today and it said it was suspended due to recent high levels of activity.

Did this happen to anyone else?

I have to contact my phone company and see what's up. I have T-mobile by the way.

[quote name='D0RC']I tried to use my cell phone today and it said it was suspended due to recent high levels of activity.

Did this happen to anyone else?

I have to contact my phone company and see what's up. I have T-mobile by the way.[/QUOTE]
Maybe when the texts die back down it'll open up again? Maybe.

Either way I'm 280 points short of TBoGT

bread's done
Back