Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nypickle']no. You can redeem them on xbox.com, but whatever you spend your points on will only be downloaded to your xbox once its connected to xbox live[/QUOTE]

Did it and got 100 points. Thanks. Since I sent my console in for repair, the one online is different from the one I have so I always have to redownload if I try to get something from online.

Did a few more. They're all 100s for me.

I imagine when you get a message that says they're out of codes they do a number of queries to the database, and if it comes up empty it says 'out of codes.' So we could end up draining them all.

I got 3 from my phone and two of my family members. My sister wouldn't give me her code, she gave it to her boyfriend :[

[quote name='shinuzero']i got 3 from my phone and two of my family members. My sister wouldn't give me her code, she gave it to her boyfriend :[[/quote]

pwned

how are people claiming to get codes todayyy when multiple tries n stuff by other people get OUT OF CODES n such...?

Took five tries on my phone, and once for my sister's phone and my girlfriend's phone! Freaking sweet, 300 MSPoints!

[quote name='doooork']how are people claiming to get codes todayyy when multiple tries n stuff by other people get OUT OF CODES n such...?[/QUOTE]

Most of my friends getting them for me are getting "sorry, we're out of codes" or whatever, but they just keep sending a message to the #. After 10 tries or so it spits out a code for 100 points. Just takes multiple tries if you don't get it right away.. patience! :p

I got a code earlier tonight. Used it to buy a Fallout 3 shirt. I couldn't think of another use for 100 points. Thanks OP.

[quote name='BionicCommando']i love this thing, i got a bunch of facebook and IRL friends to text it, i've gotten about 4200 points so far.[/QUOTE]

Damn son

Well I finally got one, wonder why they send out the message that their out of codes......probably getting annoyed then just give it to you ;) Now I got enough for Crescendo Symphony, w00t!

Just thought I'd throw this out there: if you get a few codes, Sonic 2 is 240 points this week. Pretty good deal. Get a few friends to help you out and you get a free game. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time i've really gotten to abuse a promo, especially for MS points. I jumped on this one when it was still giving out up to 1600 points. So far i've gotten about $40 worth of codes. Though that has really slowed down since they started only dishing out 100 pt codes. Facebook is great for getting people to do this for you lol.

Though I am giving some to my close IRL friends to convince them to pick up some arcade games / dlc that I have and the don't.

I am so disappointed i did not see this post until yesterday. I'm a teacher and any excuse for students to get their phones out is good enough for them i told them at the end of class yesterday to give it a go and anybody without an xbox could just let me have the code. By the end of the day i had over 7000 pts thanks so much OP but the next time somebody finds something like this let's bump it.

[quote name='Nico0020']This is the first time i've really gotten to abuse a promo, especially for MS points. I jumped on this one when it was still giving out up to 1600 points. So far i've gotten about $40 worth of codes. Though that has really slowed down since they started only dishing out 100 pt codes. Facebook is great for getting people to do this for you lol.

Though I am giving some to my close IRL friends to convince them to pick up some arcade games / dlc that I have and the don't.[/QUOTE]

The smarterchild messenger giveaway was ridiculous. I got around 10,000 points..i heard some people got more than 50,000 by the time it was over

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I am so disappointed i did not see this post until yesterday. I'm a teacher and any excuse for students to get their phones out is good enough for them i told them at the end of class yesterday to give it a go and anybody without an xbox could just let me have the code. By the end of the day i had over 7000 pts thanks so much OP but the next time somebody finds something like this let's bump it.[/QUOTE]

Wow hope none of those kids have to pay for texts and their parents dig into the situation and complain. Shaky ground dood.

[quote name='shorj998']My message said they were out of codes. It was worth a shot though.[/QUOTE]

Keep trying and you will get a code.

Got 100, 100, 150 via family. It took 1, 3, and 2 tries respectively. I think they reset periodically, but it doesn't seem to be on the hour. Maybe every hour on the half? At any rate, thanks OP.

[quote name='abhinav']Hmmm i am to be failing at this...[/QUOTE]

Ditto... 5 tries and it said that they're out of codes.. fail :(, I want free points! lol

[quote name='vectorscalar']Got 100, 100, 150 via family. It took 1, 3, and 2 tries respectively. I think they reset periodically, but it doesn't seem to be on the hour. Maybe every hour on the half? At any rate, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

150? I thought they were only doing 100pt codes now?

Damn, my friends won't listen to me. They think it will cost them money. I only have 100 points...I need 2 more, I want that damn monkey pet avatar

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Damn, my friends won't listen to me. They think it will cost them money. I only have 100 points...I need 2 more, I want that damn monkey pet avatar[/QUOTE]

It will cost them if they do not have unlimited txt messaging. :)

If you get the all out of codes message just keep trying and you will get a code eventually

I just managed another 100 points with my mom's phone.

Anyone know if we can use email-to-text services to do this? >_>

I just sent the text and got a code, but do not have a 360, so the first person to PM me can have my code

bread's done
Back