Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I texted once about 15 mins ago and received NOTHING, so i texted again and 5 mins later received a message from DORITOS saying "wait just a sec, you've already entered. We do appreciate your eagerness though."

Gee sorry doritos, but if you know i already entered then where is my code? LOL In that same message it has that "text STOP to opt out" thing that you all keep mentioning. Problem is since i have not received my code yet, should i wait till i get my code to text stop or should i do that right away anyways?

Thanks guys

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I texted once about 15 mins ago and received NOTHING, so i texted again and 5 mins later received a message from DORITOS saying "wait just a sec, you've already entered. We do appreciate your eagerness though."

Gee sorry doritos, but if you know i already entered then where is my code? LOL In that same message it has that "text STOP to opt out" thing that you all keep mentioning. Problem is since i have not received my code yet, should i wait till i get my code to text stop or should i do that right away anyways?

Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Well, if you can keep sending texts without always getting the "you've entered" message I would keep going. If you are only getting the "you've entered" message then I would just text stop and walk away.

I only get a message saying they are out of codes..... I have no idea how people are still getting points when I entered at 3:00 EST

Just got 100 points, too. Too bad. Would have liked to try and actually get some of the larger quantities people were reporting.

[quote name='Shuino']I only get a message saying they are out of codes..... I have no idea how people are still getting points when I entered at 3:00 EST[/QUOTE]

You gotta keep trying. Some people had to send 20+ messages. Others got it on the first message.

this is total crap now. waited for about 2 days to do this on 2 other phones and finally after countless text messages win and redeem them both for 100 points...glad its something but still...100...cant even buy anything with that.

[quote name='dwb6']this is total crap now. waited for about 2 days to do this on 2 other phones and finally after countless text messages win and redeem them both for 100 points...glad its something but still...100...cant even buy anything with that.[/QUOTE]

Except the best game ever, I MAED A GAM3 W1TH ZOMBIES 1N IT!!!1
Tried it two more times and got 100 each :(

Wow finally got a code took like 2 days and probably 20 txts. 100 points, could be worse. Free points are free points! Thanks OP!

Hey, uh, you guys know that 100 points is less than $1 right? It looks like some of you made multiple texts and only came up with little to show for it. I guess it's the thrill of winning something, though.

Unlimited texting and "resend" - took little of my energy - and the thrill of winning was indeed worth more than the 100 points. :)

[quote name='thundarr']Hey, uh, you guys know that 100 points is less than $1 right? It looks like some of you made multiple texts and only came up with little to show for it. I guess it's the thrill of winning something, though.[/QUOTE]

100 points is a little over a dollar.

80 points = $1

[quote name='thundarr']Hey, uh, you guys know that 100 points is less than $1 right? It looks like some of you made multiple texts and only came up with little to show for it. I guess it's the thrill of winning something, though.[/QUOTE]If you have unlimited texts its 100 free points... not sure what you dont like about that.

Got 100 points on my cell. Apparently it wont work through google voice or Skype SMS sadly... (all i get is errors)

just tried this for the first time and got 100 pts. Thanks OP! So you can only play once per phone, right? And you should reply to your Win notification with STOP, or do you send that somewhere else?

Yea it looks like they changed it up since EVERYONE is getting 100 pts now. I just had two friends do it for me that tried before and got 2x 100 pts. only a lil over a dollar, but still will add up with all my friends doing this for me.

btw when did this promotion start? is there an end date?

Got 160 points last night with my phone, got 100 points today with my wife's. Maybe tomorrow I will ask my sister to do it for me, and my in-laws. Should get a few hundred more points!

A Doritos promotion is going on.
Text POWER to 24477 and you'll receive a code for 100 MS points. Then reply with STOP or else you'll be on doritos mailing list

here's proof i got it

picture67.png

[quote name='sighrex']repost.[/QUOTE]

news to me, thanks OP!!!

confirmed to be working. applied it to my acct. even got my bro to do it and he FWD me his code =) yay maybe I can get a free XBLA game out of this if I tell my buds who don't care for points. LOL gonna steal my GF's phone and txt them too.. hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']I did this Monday and got a bunch of friends to do it, too. I got 8 codes worth a total of about 2,200 points.[/QUOTE]

How did you end up with 2,200 from 8 codes?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I did this Monday and got a bunch of friends to do it, too. I got 8 codes worth a total of about 2,200 points.[/QUOTE]
So they are not tracking for accounts that take more than one code? I kind of assumed they would have thought of that in advance to make sure people didn't do that.

[quote name='samueltehg33k']Then reply with STOP or else you'll be on doritos mailing list

[/QUOTE]

Nooo not the Doritos mailing list Thanks Op:)

[quote name='boondock23']us cellular phones cant text to this number[/QUOTE]

Umm deff not true, you prob. just need to belong to a network for example Verizon, At&t ect. you prob. can not use a pay as you go type phone I'm guessing.

bread's done
Back