Text POWER to 24477 for free MS Points. [YMMV!]

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I saw this on a frito display when I was at work earlier today. Just do what the op says and you automatically win 160/400/800/1600 MS Points. It is one entry per phone number so just do what I did and get your family to enter too. I got 4 unique codes and earned 2560 points today. :D

EDIT: I don't think the deal is dead... Just it is ridiculously hard to get codes now. Further into the thread I see people who had to enter 20+ times just to get one code. If all else fails just keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 messages saying they are all out of codes..... T.T. Well this sucks. Was 200 away from Call of Duty, Wardens Keep DLC, and Splosion Man, barely even got to get 1 code.

Not DEAD - It seems that they will send out a text saying that they are out, but then an hour later they magically have codes again.

So did they change this to only 100 point codes now? I havent went through the past 36 pages so j/w.

A few days ago when I found this I got a 1600 point code from my phone and 400 point code off of my moms phone. Everyone I know has an Xbox so cant have them do it for me. :( lol

[quote name='jfuze']So did they change this to only 100 point codes now? I havent went through the past 36 pages so j/w.

A few days ago when I found this I got a 1600 point code from my phone and 400 point code off of my moms phone. Everyone I know has an Xbox so cant have them do it for me. :( lol[/QUOTE]

It seems to be the case, but I have read of a few 800 pointers amidst all the recent 100's.

Anyone still getting codes after getting the message saying they are all out? Not sure if i should keep trying now. Or just try back in a few hours >_>. I REALLY need to get those 200 points.

Im sure people got more than 5 codes. lmao

People on Facebook asking their friends to get the code for them. Id imagine some people got 20+ codes.

[quote name='jfuze']Im sure people got more than 5 codes. lmao

People on Facebook asking their friends to get the code for them. Id imagine some people got 20+ codes.[/QUOTE]

Lawl, thats just screwed up then >_>. I hope they get banned for redeeming that many.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Same =/. I bet some jerks out there got 5+ codes. The moment this deal got posted on slickdeals and other sites, our fate was sealed[/QUOTE]

What 5-6 days ago at most recent? This isn't a new thread.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']What 5-6 days ago at most recent? This isn't a new thread.[/QUOTE]

I had heard last night in another topic this had just gotten to Slickdeals o_O. Hadnt even found out about it until late last night.

Just tried 2 more times (5 overall), still all out T.T. Guess im gonna have to buy a microsoft point card just for 200 points >_>.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']lol i don't have an xbox 360 to enter the points on. Can I enter my code via computer somehow? [/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use Xboxlive.com to enter the codes.

[quote name='songoku0987'] its luck of the draw[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='flex45']DEAD. Txt reply says Dortios: Sry wer all of out of codes![/QUOTE]

Not true:

[quote name='MrNEWZ'][quote name='guyver2077']

dead as in completely over or codes gone for now?

edit- got the completely out of codes txt.. o well [/quote]

If it was the following message there is still a chance:

"DORITOS: Sorry, all the codes have been redeemed. Thanks 4 giving it a shot. Be sure to check out snackstrongproductions.com"
[/quote]

I can confirm this still works! I just got a code a few minutes ago. I got a code on my phone and my friends (Sprint and Verizon). I just spammed the message 15 times and the code came in one of the 15 or so responses. FYI, you don't need to wait for a response before sending another text. Once you get a code, the message changes and says that you already entered..so you'll know to go back and look through your logs for the code.

Both codes were worth 100 points.

Just got a third one on another phone for 100 points. Both Verizon phones got the code on the first try...weird.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I had heard last night in another topic this had just gotten to Slickdeals o_O. Hadnt even found out about it until late last night.

Just tried 2 more times (5 overall), still all out T.T. Guess im gonna have to buy a microsoft point card just for 200 points >_>.[/QUOTE]

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1709095
The original post there from 11/29.

It was reposted yesterday (just like here at CAG) ---
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1718379

Also from 11/29:
IGN: http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/b5296/187246109/p1/?9

Fat Wallet seemed to pick it up today: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/973247/

[quote name='nexes']I can confirm this still works! I just got a code a few minutes ago. I got a code on my phone and my friends (Sprint and Verizon). I just spammed the message 15 times and the code came in one of the 15 or so responses. FYI, you don't need to wait for a response before sending another text. Once you get a code, the message changes and says that you already entered..so you'll know to go back and look through your logs for the code.

Both codes were worth 100 points.[/QUOTE]

That's odd I am not even getting replies when I send them the message.

[quote name='nexes']I can confirm this still works! I just got a code a few minutes ago. I got a code on my phone and my friends (Sprint and Verizon). I just spammed the message 15 times and the code came in one of the 15 or so responses. FYI, you don't need to wait for a response before sending another text. Once you get a code, the message changes and says that you already entered..so you'll know to go back and look through your logs for the code.

Both codes were worth 100 points.[/QUOTE]

Did this and got a code within 30 seconds...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, dont they charge for each text? Or is it like toll free[/QUOTE]
You are charged for each text send and received. Unless you have a unlimited text plan or something like that. If I wasnt on a text plan I would be paying $0.10/ text

[quote name='xsouthparkx']lol i don't have an xbox 360 to enter the points on. Can I enter my code via computer somehow?
BTW I got my code in 1 try. I received it immediately. I must have superior cell phone service if people are bitching about it. Switch to verizon you poor bitches. Only crack babies complain about their shitty cellphone service.[/QUOTE]

you can sign up on xbox.com for a gamertag and you'll get a free month of gold followed by a silver membership after that, but through there you can redeem the code in your account even if you don't own an xbox yet

... and wow people really go crazy for a free $1 .. i wish they were still giving away 400-1600 pts but ive seen everyone getting 100 pts lately when they do win

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, dont they charge for each text? Or is it like toll free[/QUOTE]

I believe standard text messaging rates apply. If you have any sort of texting plan, you're good to go as long as you're within your limits.

[quote name='The SPism']you can sign up on xbox.com for a gamertag and you'll get a free month of gold followed by a silver membership after that, but through there you can redeem the code in your account even if you don't own an xbox yet

... and wow people really go crazy for a free $1 .. i wish they were still giving away 400-1600 pts but ive seen everyone getting 100 pts lately when they do win[/QUOTE]

My wife got 800 on Monday, I got 160 on Sunday. Users in various forums have said anywhere from 100-1600 pts were on the codes.

It does appear the high point values have been eliminated unless the people getting those high point values are not posting.

wish I heard about this when they still had the 400 & 800's to give away... I work at a mobile app developer and access to a few... hundred phones gahaf

... I tried unsuccessfully, off and on, for the past two days.

I just spammed 15 in a row, and got it my first try. XD

Just 100 points, though. Guess I'll try on my family's phones over the weekend.

Did anyone find out if they bill you monthly or something ? there almost ALWAYS is a catch to these things when you text and get something for "free"

dcm1602: If you have an unlimited texting plan or something of the like, it will be free. If not, it should be a few cents (probably .10) per text.

bah, another 100, better than nothing, still 100 short of either CoD:Classic and a 400 point game, or Splosion man and a second 800 point game.

"Doritos: Sorry, wr all out of codes! Thnks 2 the Xbox- gaming Doritos -eating community 4 all of ur excitement 4 this event! Msg&DataRatesMayApplyRplySTOP2OptOut"

[quote name='MrNEWZ']My wife got 800 on Monday, I got 160 on Sunday. Users in various forums have said anywhere from 100-1600 pts were on the codes.

It does appear the high point values have been eliminated unless the people getting those high point values are not posting.[/QUOTE]

yea i got in on 400 pts and a few 160s between me n thanks to the fam hooking me up.. now i only see 100s posted

[quote name='mcpeepants']wish I heard about this when they still had the 400 & 800's to give away... I work at a mobile app developer and access to a few... hundred phones gahaf[/QUOTE]

100 points x 100s of phones = still a real nice amount of points haha though it might take a little while if u have to do each manually

[quote name='ChernobylCow']"Doritos: Sorry, wr all out of codes! Thnks 2 the Xbox- gaming Doritos -eating community 4 all of ur excitement 4 this event! Msg&DataRatesMayApplyRplySTOP2OptOut"[/QUOTE]

Got the same response.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']You must have verizon, do you not?

Perfect example of a crackbaby.
Let me guess, you don't have verizon?:lol:[/QUOTE]

yes I have verizon

bread's done
Back