That way too cute Cow at GameStop...

vicktor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
A friend of mine saw that Harvest Moon preorder cow at GameStop and now she wants one...but I don't have a Wii. I have seen different GamesStops giveaway preorder stuff to anyone, sometimes on Wednesdays, sometimes Saturdays. What I am wondering is: any way to get the cow? If I went in later in the week and offered to buy Harvest Moon for GameCube maybe? I don't want something for nothing, just something for something else :D

She recently got me Nightshade for NES, which is extra awesome since she doesn't really play video games. Now I'm looking for something for her and I figure I'll keep the video game theme she started.

They might give you two if you dance around like tangy's avatar when you pre-order the game.

Oh, and then call the cops too. That could also happen.

But he's got the right suggestion.

I thought this was going to be another of those "I saw a girl clerk at Gamestop" threads, only with livestock.

They're usually more amenable to canceling a preorder if you just open another one and move the $5 over to it.

[quote name='chakan']I thought this was going to be another of those "I saw a girl clerk at Gamestop" threads, only with livestock.

They're usually more amenable to canceling a preorder if you just open another one and move the $5 over to it.[/quote]This gets them less irked about it when you shift the pre-order over to something else. Been down that road before.

[quote name='chakan']I thought this was going to be another of those "I saw a girl clerk at Gamestop" threads, only with livestock.

They're usually more amenable to canceling a preorder if you just open another one and move the $5 over to it.[/quote]

i was thinking the same thing, my gs has one...

If you shift it to a different pre-order that has a bonus, would you get that bonus too? Or do they not allow that, as it may allow for some fraud (people dropping 5 bucks and moving it from preorder to preorder just to get lots of bonuses)?

I have friends at gamestop so I get pretty much every free promo they give out. Try getting "hook up" and you might get it

They typically only give out preorder bonuses when you pick up the game, except in special circumstances such as the Fable 2 Pub Games code.

The only sure-fire way to get it is to preorder the game, actually go in and pick up the game along with the plushie, and then return the game later. Even if you get the same clerk chances are he won't give a crap that you kept the bonus, and even if he does there's nothing he can do about it anyway.

But other than that, all Gamestops get in more preorder bonus items than they do preorders just in case something happens. Usually they're divided up among employees but if you're a really good customer (preorders a lot, had edge card, buys frequently), then I've also seen managers throw some free swag to non-employees as well.

[quote name='davyd']They typically only give out preorder bonuses when you pick up the game, except in special circumstances such as the Fable 2 Pub Games code.

The only sure-fire way to get it is to preorder the game, actually go in and pick up the game along with the plushie, and then return the game later. Even if you get the same clerk chances are he won't give a crap that you kept the bonus, and even if he does there's nothing he can do about it anyway.

But other than that, all Gamestops get in more preorder bonus items than they do preorders just in case something happens. Usually they're divided up among employees but if you're a really good customer (preorders a lot, had edge card, buys frequently), then I've also seen managers throw some free swag to non-employees as well.[/quote] This. Precag I was a hardcore GS customer who thought trading in shit for pennies was a good deal because I got more games, and had an edge card. They would almost always give me preorder shit. Now the only thing I've bought there in the past year is SMT: Devil Summoner for $8.99, and penny guides. They give me the evil eye when I ask for preorder shit.

Ok, thanks guys. I don't have an Edge card, and I only have a GameCube so I guess I'm not the best customer. In the four months I've had my Cube I've bought 6 games, only Metal Gear was over $9.99 (and that was bought on a coupon) and four Wavebirds. I have two options to decide from, I could go in early and buy it, then return it to the dude that works evenings. We usually talk old video games and he's cool, so the return will be easy. Or I could just go in the evening and ask him for one, if he says no buy it and return it the next day. So my last question is, think they will still have these little guys after 6pm?

Or I could go to the GameStop that has a female employee and say "Hey baby, that cow is almost as cute as you." and see where that goes...

[quote name='vicktor']Ok, thanks guys. I don't have an Edge card, and I only have a GameCube so I guess I'm not the best customer. In the four months I've had my Cube I've bought 6 games, only Metal Gear was over $9.99 (and that was bought on a coupon) and four Wavebirds. I have two options to decide from, I could go in early and buy it, then return it to the dude that works evenings. We usually talk old video games and he's cool, so the return will be easy. Or I could just go in the evening and ask him for one, if he says no buy it and return it the next day. So my last question is, think they will still have these little guys after 6pm?

Or I could go to the GameStop that has a female employee and say "Hey baby, that cow is almost as cute as you." and see where that goes...[/quote]First thing, most of the stores have had the cow for a while now. So I dont anticipate them all of a sudden flying out the door. Could be wrong, stranger things have happened.

Second thing, the guy working in the evening, if he's part time I'd suggest switching the $5 pre-order to something else, or you'll be hurting his pre-order requirements (part timers often get fewer pre-orders, owing to the hours they work), if he's the kind of guy you like being able to go in and talk with, you dont want to be hurting his numbers.

Third, if you go in and talk with that guy, why not just ask him if they have an extra Harvest Moon cow? Be honest, tell him a girl you know or like really wants one and you'd like to be able to surprize her. If he shoots you down, just do the pre-order.

Some GameStops won't give out preorder bonuses if they're on display. I was going to preorder Secret Agent Clank because I saw they had a figure, and the guy said they didn't have any left and wouldn't give me the one on display. Couldn't hurt to ask though. It's funny how things have changed with bonuses since I started preordering stuff from GameStop, first game I preordered didn't have any bonus so the guy gave me a bunch of stuff out of the drawer. Now they look at me like I'm stealing or something if I ask for the preorder bonus that comes with the game. Even some of the guys I talk to all the time act like it's a pain to hand out free stuff.

Well, I realized two things, comparing a female to a cow was a bad idea...and that I would be out less money if I bought Harvest Moon and gave it away than if I tried that claw machine (I never get anything from them.)

I went in and asked the dude if I could have a cow for a friend, and he said sure. That was awesome of him so I convinced a buddy who was with me to preordered Smackdown v Raw since he was going to buy it anyway.

That turned out to be much easier than I expected. I am almost disappointed, I guess you can't lose them all :D

It sounds like a nice sentiment, but trust me, when you give it to her do not say something like "I saw this and thought of you." It will go badly.

[quote name='ogbaka'][quote name='psiufoxx2']Not to mention you can sell this cow later for pure profit on eBay:

Evidence... my own auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=220272203996[/quote]

I didn't know they can go for that much...

now i want a cow too...[/QUOTE]

LOL

He's extremely fluffy.

Dispute from paypal

reason its a girl sheep not a boy : )

Reason its not EXTREMELY FLUFFY

wouldnt be shocked to see some sob try to pull that : )

a lot of the harest moon items went for 10 to 25 bucks. Same with the yu gi oh game cards.. Dont ask me why people pay this much for free items

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='ogbaka']

LOL

He's extremely fluffy.

Dispute from paypal

reason its a girl sheep not a boy : )

Reason its not EXTREMELY FLUFFY

wouldnt be shocked to see some sob try to pull that : )

a lot of the harest moon items went for 10 to 25 bucks. Same with the yu gi oh game cards.. Dont ask me why people pay this much for free items[/quote]0_o I'ma go find some cows.

[quote name='darkslime'][quote name='slidecage']0_o I'ma go find some cows.[/QUOTE]

Go ask for Secret Agent Clank figures, I've been selling em for 25 bucks a pop!

[quote name='Cmosfm'][quote name='darkslime']

Go ask for Secret Agent Clank figures, I've been selling em for 25 bucks a pop![/quote] That's awesome. GS managers hate me now though, which phails. Will go preorder Little Red RIding Hood's Zombie BBQ just to see the looks on their faces. XD Then ask for preorder shit.

$20 for this free cow? Maybe I should eBay the little guy. I asked him if he wants to be eBayed and he just has a big grin on his face...

I've walked out of GS a few times and passed on the free stuff, turns out free stuff is eBay profit. Not I'm starting to feel like I did when I found out Movie Masters Jokers were going for $125...a week late.

I gave her the cow she loved it...then promptly vetoed eBaying it. Some people just ain't greedy enough.

[quote name='rainking187']Some GameStops won't give out preorder bonuses if they're on display. I was going to preorder Secret Agent Clank because I saw they had a figure, and the guy said they didn't have any left and wouldn't give me the one on display. Couldn't hurt to ask though. It's funny how things have changed with bonuses since I started preordering stuff from GameStop, first game I preordered didn't have any bonus so the guy gave me a bunch of stuff out of the drawer. Now they look at me like I'm stealing or something if I ask for the preorder bonus that comes with the game. Even some of the guys I talk to all the time act like it's a pain to hand out free stuff.[/quote]

Same. I pre-ordered Lego Batman and Fallout 3 at the same time and the guy looked at me like I punched his mom when I asked about the free pre-order bonus stuff. Douche... :boxing:

bread's done
Back