The 2008-2009 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']Sucks not having Turiaf as a cheerleader anymore, that guy was hilarious on the bench[/quote]

It's a shame they let him go. I know things are a bit crowded on the bench, but he's a great guy to have on the team. And you know he's gonna put it all out there when he's on the floor.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']It's a shame they let him go. I know things are a bit crowded on the bench, but he's a great guy to have on the team. And you know he's gonna put it all out there when he's on the floor.[/quote]

As a Warriors fan....he did a pretty good job last night.

Made a couple blocks, couple rebounds....him and Beads seem to mesh well.

So, the Nuggets traded Allen Iverson to Detroit for Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess (who will be waived and can resign with Detroit in 30 days) and some dude named Cheikh Samb. Discuss.

I watched Around The Horn and they were discussing the deal. One of the guys pointed out that in the short term Denver would benefit but in the long run this would benefit Detroit.

He explained that Billups (and I think McDyess) are not as young as you think and they are past their prime already. Iverson is a great player and still has some gas, so he still has some fire to him. He went on saying that this move would allow the Pistons to free up Salary space in the future and would allow Iverson to be a free agent at the end of the season.

The move is GREAT for the Pistons. Iverson should help right now and in the long run, they will have a LOT of salary cap space. Basically, Iverson makes $20 million and Sheed makes $13 million. Hopefully they have a LOT of cap space for the following year also...when D-Wade, Lebron, Bosh and a LOT of other good Free Agents are available.

Awesome game last night, the Suns were 43-of-68 from the field, and 12-of-18 from 3-point range. The Nets shot 34 percent, hitting 28 of 83 shots.

But Suns had 19 turnovers, yikes! It was pretty cool to see the Lopez brothers play each other.

And Shaq is definitely not the worse player in the NBA, last night he had 18 points and 6 rebounds. He has been doing pretty well this season so far, hopefully he can maintain his current numbers, if not for the better, for the rest of the season.

I don't get why they traded for McDyess and are preparing to waive him? Is this for next year or are they doing it soon? I must be missing something.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']I don't get why they traded for McDyess and are preparing to waive him? Is this for next year or are they doing it soon? I must be missing something.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, he does not want to play for Denver.

Tonight's a good double header for me. I get to see my first Bulls game this year, where in the early-going, Derrick Rose is looking great against the Cavs. Following that, on FSN, the Lakers play the Clippers. That one might not be as competitive.

[quote name='Matt Young']Apparently, he does not want to play for Denver.

Tonight's a good double header for me. I get to see my first Bulls game this year, where in the early-going, Derrick Rose is looking great against the Cavs. Following that, on FSN, the Lakers play the Clippers. That one might not be as competitive.[/quote]

Yeah Suns play Bulls on Friday, I want to see Rose play.

Amare!!!

Just beat his career high in a game, 51 points.

Edit: Or not, they just took two points away after the end of the game. 49 points now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukine']Amare!!!

Just beat his career high in a game, 51 points.[/QUOTE]

He was a beast tonight!

Edit: Looks like one of the baskets they credited him with was actually made by Diaw, the official results now have him with 49, 1 shy of his career high.

[quote name='neworlbush25']New Orleans Hornets 3-0
Chris Paul for the MVP.
He can carry this team to the finals.
What do yall think??[/QUOTE]

I thought CP3 should have been MVP last year, and I'm a Lakers/Kobe fan.

Bulls lose 107-93. They made a couple spirited comebacks, but never got closer than within 5 after falling behind by double digits. Ben Gordon looked great off the bench with 31 points.

Back and forth game between the Lakers and Clippers before the Lakers realized, "Hey, this is the team we just beat by almost 40 points last week!" and then proceeded to go on a 22-0 run en route to a 106-88 win.

Andris Biedrins is gettin' dirty...

12 straight games of double doubles...

Brandan Wright and Andris Biedrins.....oh god...

damn the timberwolves and Randy Foye. He had 2 turnovers in overtime. Including with 2.9 seconds left and a tie ball game off an inbound. Kudos to TP though he was crazy good. Brewer wasn't a good matchup against him though. I don't know what Wittman was thinking

Ew, that was painful to watch.

Suns playing like how I expected the Bulls to play, very poor shooting.

Rose was awesome as expected.

[quote name='yukine']Ew, that was painful to watch.

Suns playing like how I expected the Bulls to play, very poor shooting.

Rose was awesome as expected.[/QUOTE]You better bet I was watching the game on CSN Chicago (since I get the channel in my area).;) Those who played Warhawk with me (I was watching the game too) heard me shout with excitement with my Bulls winning. :D

Yeah, Rose has been great and I love him.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Wow, Tony Parker went off last night.[/quote]

yea tell me about it...

Too bad Tony was diagnosed with a moderate lateral ankle sprain versus the Miami Heat. He will miss up to 2-4 weeks of games

Aww man, I was pulling for Atlanta, Pierce felt otherwise :/

On the flip side, the Lakers are the last undefeated team standing, woo hoo!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']7-0![/quote]

Hell YEA!!! :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='yukine']Suns/Rockets is on ESPN right now if anyone is interested.[/quote]

Watching as we speak.... Did anyone see that Last shot by Steve Nash

[quote name='yukine']Ridiculous, Nash gets suspended and McGrady doesn't? Really?[/QUOTE]

Are you surprised? It is the NBA after all. McGrady should've been suspended, Shaq too. I give props to Yao though for pushing McGrady away and got pushed by shitShaq in the process.

[quote name='yukine']Suns owned the Pistons tonight.

Playing the Jazz tomorrow, then Lakers soon after. Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

These next few games will really show us where they are at as a team. I haven't been to impressed with the offense, but I can't complain about the results it's brought so far.

Great stuff so far in the Lakers/Bulls game. Highlights include Tyrus Thomas crashing threw some chairs in order to make a spectacular save, followed by Kobe doing a Superman leap over the same chairs (now occupied) while making a save of his own.

Also, this is the first time that they've used the "courtside view" camera angle on Fox Sports Prime Ticket, and while it works in showing off the details on an HDTV, it's very impractical and sucks even worse than the Kings "rinkside view". Plus, unlike those Kings games, there's no commentary. Luckily Fox Sports West is showing the game with normal camera angles and commentary.

I don't know how the Bulls managed to lose by 42 to the fucking Blazers. I wouldn't have been surprised if they lost to Portland, but after a good showing for 3 quarters against the Lakers, I didn't expect them to get raped like that even if they were worn out. The whole team was just atrocious.

I'm looking forward to Suns/Lakers tonight even though I'll only get to see the last quarter and a half, maybe.

[quote name='yukine']Suns / Lakers bitches... TNT.[/quote]

Yup just finished watching the game 10 mins ago!

How bout them Lakers! :)
It seemed like the Suns gave up on offense half way through the game

9-1 :applause::applause::applause: Lakers all the way!!

My Bulls make me sad :cry: Also, does anybody else prefer TNT b-ball games over espn? I just like the commentators better and watching chuck at half and after the game.

I heard Jalen Rose say on espnews a couple of days ago that LeBron and Chris Bosh have been talking recently, and they are thinking of both going to the Knicks in two years. What do you guys think about that tandem, I know the knicks are dumping serious cap numbers recently(25-30 mil below in 2010) so it sounds like they are trying to sign a couple of players from one of the deepest FA markets in the NBA recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back