The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Vulcan2422']Was an intense game 7 in the second period. I hope Ottawa loses just because of how much a douche bag Neal is.[/QUOTE]

The refs straight-up won't give him a penalty.

Thought about this last night after the Boston elimination. The teams Eliminated have won the cup Prior each previous year in reverse order.

Redwings, Penguins, Blackhawks and Bruins.

Hell, if we continue the pattern, it should be Devils, Rangers and Flyers. (IF the Devils and Rangers win)

Also, if Devils and Rangers advance, it will be a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8th seed.

Well played Mayans, well played.

Love Holtby starring down Peverley like a boss and not even blinking. http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1083495/pev.gif

^ THAT GIF IS AMAZING, thanks for sharing.

pev.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vulcan2422']Was an intense game 7 in the second period. I hope Ottawa loses just because of how much a douche bag Neil is.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. The other Neal plays for Pittsburgh.;)

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Thought about this last night after the Boston elimination. The teams Eliminated have won the cup Prior each previous year in reverse order.

Redwings, Penguins, Blackhawks and Bruins.

Hell, if we continue the pattern, it should be Devils, Rangers and Flyers. (IF the Devils and Rangers win)

Also, if Devils and Rangers advance, it will be a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8th seed.

Well played Mayans, well played.

Love Holtby starring down Peverley like a boss and not even blinking. http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1083495/pev.gif[/QUOTE]

Nice work, Rain Man! :cool:

[quote name='shieryda']Fixed. The other Neal plays for Pittsburgh.;)[/QUOTE]

Hah. Glad someone did that (though Neal is a jerk on account of his Flyers' headhunting).

I used to really dislike Chris Neil, and thought he was a bum, but he's gotten wiser/more mature in the past couple seasons, and I think he's turned into a pretty good hockey player.

Welp, that's that. I'll put up the Semifinals stuff later today.

Prediction Time:
Caps in 6
Flyers in 4

Kings in 7
Coyotes in 6

More interesting info:

No two of the same seed advanced to the Semifinals

#1 - New York
#2 - St Louis
#3 - Phoenix
#4 - Nashville
#5 - Philadelphia
#6 - New Jersey
#7 - Washington
#8 - Los Angeles

Crazy

[quote name='KingBroly']More interesting info:

No two of the same seed advanced to the Semifinals

#1 - New York
#2 - St Louis
#3 - Phoenix
#4 - Nashville
#5 - Philadelphia
#6 - New Jersey
#7 - Washington
#8 - Los Angeles

Crazy[/QUOTE]

Yup, said that last page. ;-)

[quote name='KingBroly']Welp, that's that. I'll put up the Semifinals stuff later today.

Prediction Time:
Caps in 6
Flyers in 4

Kings in 7
Coyotes in 6[/QUOTE]

These would be my picks as well, but I might put Kings in 6 and Coyotes in 7.

[quote name='confoosious']Why is everyone picking Caps over Rangers?[/QUOTE]

#1 - Capitals beat a tougher team in Round 1
#2 - Rangers didn't look all that great in Round 1
#3 - Playoff History
#4 - Tied Regular Season Series
#5 - Capitals have a Shiny New Goalie

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Why not? Who would have thought Holtby over Thomas?[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't read the first page.

[quote name='KingBroly']You obviously didn't read the first page.[/QUOTE]

I know you Broly, but I meant overall view of it. The rookie against the veteran. I just know the Caps and Rangers game will be awesome

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I know you Broly, but I meant overall view of it. The rookie against the veteran. I just know the Caps and Rangers game will be awesome[/QUOTE]

I guess so. I still cackle a bit at people saying no one knew how he was, even in the organization. I'm still worried though. The Caps may yet again struggle to get up for another series.

Phoenix Wins. Up 1-0.

THE WIZARD!!! How about that goal?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Yotes may have been lucky this time, but they can't keep doing it every game...[/QUOTE]

But haven't they? I'm sure a lot of people would consider their regular season... luck.

I would just love for them to hold onto a damn lead, they are terrible at closing teams out.

Well, I think what's more likely is that you could call this a bad game for Rinne...and they still almost pulled it out. Smith played out of his mind to keep Phoenix from throwing that game away. Rinne can play better than this. Smith played about as well as he possibly could. As much as I don't like being down 1-0, if Rinne can play like he did against Detroit, I like the Preds chances.

The commentators even said they (Preds) were rusty and by the 3rd they were back to form. What was the shot count in the 3rd? 20-3 or something? They're gonna have to step up their game past "out of his mind" if they want to win another round.

I wouldn't want to piss off Tortorella and MSG either... :\

Edit: Wow @ end of 2nd. lol

Solid win by the Kings. I'm a little worried about their PP, though. They haven't scored in their last 21 opportunities going back to the Van series. They were 0 for 5 today including 4 straight power plays in the 3rd. They should've put the game away right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back