The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

In not surprising news, Kevin Love is going to test free agency and will probably leave Minnesota. Should have traded him when he said he was tired of losing during the Olympics. It was pretty obvious that team was going nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder where he would go, both the Lakers and Knicks are years away from contending. If he truly wants to Win, I can't see him going to either of those teams.

Warriors are probably a more realistic situation since I think they have a decent amount of assets to trade. 

Not surprised Miami is getting blown out. Its pretty damn hard to beat the Pacers when they shoot well.

Lol refs wanted to call a technical on a obvious flagrant foul. Could you imagine if that was KD getting pushed like that, whoever did it would have been kicked out of the game before they even went to review.

Miami shouldn't be too worried about losing Game 1. Indiana's offense was great, then you got the major FT difference. They should be happy they didn't get blown out by 20+

Lmao, people jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon, the fact of the matter is that Miami is gonna win this series (just in case, I'm a Spurs fan). Miami looked like they didn't care most of the game and the defense was not good. Should win game 2 if they play with more energy and effort.

Miami needs to get the split in Indiana, win their 2 home games and then finish then they'll have opportunities to finish up the series.  Bosh needs to pretend that he is in Toronto.  Bosh seems to think he's Mike Miller.  You're not just a spot up shooter.  Good offense needs to work it way out.. from the paint to the three point line.  

They could have won that game if Bosh was more aggressive.  He only had 8 points.  I have to give Bosh some credit because he has some great defensive plays in his history.  He needs to continue to channel his inner Wallace.  

Still early in the game, but things going as expected. Spurs have no problem attacking OKC's defense without Ibaka's presence. Then you got OKC struggling on offense without Ibaka to help spread the floor with his mid-range.

Fisher going crazy haha 

Spurs Dominate. I'm expecting a lot of excuses coming from the thunder fans.

Timmy taking the kids to school. Kawaii is the future of the Spurs.

Spurs Dominate. I'm expecting a lot of excuses coming from the thunder fans. Timmy taking the kids to school. Kawaii is the future of the Spurs.
There isn't an excuse they can make... they simply aren't going to get enough stops to stick around in the series if they keep up this small ball. Parker is the best at getting to the rim and without giving Perkins some help (or more minutes) they are going to get lit up. Collison and Adams didn't play enough in Game 1. They can still win it but they need to change up something and do it quick. Giving up 30+ points in 3 out of 4 quarters isn't going to cut it.

And you really think Kawhi Leonard will stick around after his contract is up?

[quote name="kdiddy1989" post="11772628" timestamp="1400559957"]There isn't an excuse they can make... they simply aren't going to get enough stops to stick around in the series if they keep up this small ball. Parker is the best at getting to the rim and without giving Perkins some help (or more minutes) they are going to get lit up. Collison and Adams didn't play enough in Game 1. They can still win it but they need to change up something and do it quick. Giving up 30+ points in 3 out of 4 quarters isn't going to cut it.

And you really think Kawhi Leonard will stick around after his contract is up?[/quote]Even though they can make a lot of adjustments, they're still not gonna win the series if San Antonio keeps playing like this. Thunder are not a great defensive team so they need to make up for that with the scoring.

About Kawhi Leonard, I'm not sure, but regardless if he stays or not, he's gonna be a star.

BoDF2fpIIAAm7wX.png

:rofl:

Spurs Dominate. I'm expecting a lot of excuses coming from the thunder fans. Timmy taking the kids to school. Kawaii is the future of the Spurs.
No excuses whatsoever from this Thunder fan. They play like shit, they get rolled. Simple as that. I have little to no faith with the way this team has played this season, especially with Ibaka out. I've been telling everyone that this one is Spurs in 4. I'm shocked that OKC even tied the game up, but knew they wouldn't be able to hold it. Lots of dumb plays and dumb shots that shouldn't be taken. Small ball was embarrassing to watch, and "hero ball" won't win against a team like SA.

Until some of these bench guys step up and earn their paychecks, this is going to be a long (albeit short lol) series for OKC.

Cant wait to see Boston and La get 1st 2 picks.

"Interesting lottery fact: The team with the best chance to get the No. 1 pick hasn't won it since 2004, when the Orlando Magic won the No. 1 pick."

lol bucks/Sixers

Commish Silver better make up for Stern fucking the Lakers over "for basketball reasons" and give the Lakers the top pick.

Despite no Nick Gilbert, the Cavs still got lucky with their new GM and vaulted into the top three from the odds suggesting the 9th pick. Hopefully this pick pans out better than the three they had last year that resulted in one 20 point game last season.

Edit: fuck! They got the #1 pick!

You would think at how incompetent the Cavs have been for the past 4 years you would at least make sure they wouldn't get the num 1 pick out of all teams.

watch cavs still be a lottery team next year, lebron left almost 4 years ago nba needs to get over it.

"If the Cavs win #1 again, Dan Gilbert's son being Professor X is confirmed."

:rofl:

bread's done
Back