The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

Seeing this reminds me of PimpLimp. He went M.I.A. awhile ago and no signs of him since. I hope he's doing well.
That's what I said back when the Rockets were losing to Portland. Hopefully he's just hiding in shame or got busy. I like giving him shit about the Rockets, but he seems like a nice enough dude.

Sad that it took Splitter flopping to finally call James on a foul when hes been guilty of about 4 obvious ones tonight and had 0 personal fouls throughout almost 3 quarters. Its like the Nba was butthurt that Ed Malloy actually had balls for once to call a superstar for a foul in that Indy game.

That was bullshit. Spurs intentionally stopped providing AC so that Lebron would cramp up. Lebron has a history of cramping up.

Espn trying their hardest to have every excuse imaginable, as if spurs weren't playing through the same conditions Miami was.

Yes, because Lebron is the only person capable of cramping up in a hot arena.

The NBA didn't always have state of the art arenas, there used to be some pretty hot courts to play on.

Yes, because Lebron is the only person capable of cramping up in a hot arena.

The NBA didn't always have state of the art arenas, there used to be some pretty hot courts to play on.
Lebron has a history of cramping up though and the restaurant he went to last night reportedly added excessive sodium to his food.

Tim Duncan taking the lil kids to school, again! Bosh and Birdman can't defend him, especially Bosh who thinks he's a freaking shooting guard.

Lol, Lebron crying to Spoke to call a time out, that was hilarious. Anyway, I hope he gets well and plays at 100% so there's no excuse for the Heat losing.

Ok. Seriously now, this is what ESPN says:

1. Size of athlete has something to do with their cramping. Minor factor.

2. When you fly you get dehydrated, visiting teams are at disadvantage.

3. Harder to manage nutrition while on the road, visiting team disadvantage.

4. Lebron would have played more minutes than anyone (except Parker, who also said he was used to playing in heat in Europe) by at least 3 minutes.

Lebron has a history of cramping up though and the restaurant he went to last night reportedly added excessive sodium to his food.
So now it's a city wide conspiracy.

As far as ESPN's list of excuses;

1. There were larger players than Lebron on the court tonight, they were able to work through it.

2. - 4. = poor team management.

If you get dehydrated while flying, you would think the team's doctors would compensate for this by making their players hydrate more.

This is a professional basketball team, they should have no issues providing the proper nutritional content for their athletes.

As far as time on the floor, coach has to manage that better. Everyone was on shorter rotations in game 1.

Again, the Miami Heat is a professional basketball team with professional athletes with plenty of assets at their disposal. If Lebron has a history of cramps the team should know his body well enough to have a plan to try to prevent it.

983690_10202702183289019_7065996305948940247_n.jpg

Kurt Angle won Olympic Gold with a broken freaking neck. Lebron James cramps up when his team is down and about to lose.

Has it been determined what kind they were yet? Vaginal cramps?

Haha, love that idea of the restaurant spiking his food with extra salt (hint: all restaurants load up on the salt and butter in their food).

Reminds me of the old tainted cheeseburger conspiracy from the Lakers-Sacramento rivalry.

So now it's a city wide conspiracy.

As far as ESPN's list of excuses;

1. There were larger players than Lebron on the court tonight, they were able to work through it.

2. - 4. = poor team management.

If you get dehydrated while flying, you would think the team's doctors would compensate for this by making their players hydrate more.

This is a professional basketball team, they should have no issues providing the proper nutritional content for their athletes.

As far as time on the floor, coach has to manage that better. Everyone was on shorter rotations in game 1.

Again, the Miami Heat is a professional basketball team with professional athletes with plenty of assets at their disposal. If Lebron has a history of cramps the team should know his body well enough to have a plan to try to prevent it.
Add up all those things and it hits Lebron the hardest. It was actually more like 4 minutes longer than everyone. They kept Lebron in as needed. Miami didn't know about the heat until sometime in to the 1st quarter.

Kurt Angle won Olympic Gold with a broken freaking neck. Lebron James cramps up when his team is down and about to lose.

Has it been determined what kind they were yet? Vaginal cramps?
Have you had cramps during sports before? You can't move when your muscle is tight as hell. You were the kid in gym class who sat on the bleachers because you couldn't swing the bat, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finely tuned pro athletes can't tell it's gotten hotter? Come on now.
Are you guys attacking him for getting cramps or for not playing through it?

If it's the first, and you want to criticize him for not hydrating better that I suppose I understand----if you're criticizing him for not playing through a muscle cramp then I can only guess your athletic resume starts and ends at Junior Varsity Volleyball [Manager].

Slightly less retarded--but still retarded is the person who used the "there are bigger people on the court" defense (which I'm guessing he meant height or weight) as if those "bigger" people like Tim Duncan move around in the same fashion, or carry the same amount of muscle mass as LeBron.

Oh right... but let's not forget about those "massive" players from the 70's and 80's who had to play in hotter conditions....

What you can't dispute is LeBron has played in more games, having to do more each and every game, in the last four years then any other player in the NBA.

But let's not let common sense get in the way of a good Heat/LeBron bashing.

And I'm a Boston fan.

Add up all those things and it hits Lebron the hardest. It was actually more like 4 minutes longer than everyone. They kept Lebron in as needed. Miami didn't know about the heat until sometime in to the 1st quarter.

Have you had cramps during sports before? You can't move when your muscle is tight as hell. You were the kid in gym class who sat on the bleachers because you couldn't swing the bat, right?
:dunce: :whee: :rofl: :wall:

Are you guys attacking him for getting cramps or for not playing through it?

If it's the first, and you want to criticize him for not hydrating better that I suppose I understand----if you're criticizing him for not playing through a muscle cramp then I can only guess your athletic resume starts and ends at Junior Varsity Volleyball [Manager].

Slightly less retarded--but still retarded is the person who used the "there are bigger people on the court" defense (which I'm guessing he meant height or weight) as if those "bigger" people like Tim Duncan move around in the same fashion, or carry the same amount of muscle mass as LeBron.

Oh right... but let's not forget about those "massive" players from the 70's and 80's who had to play in hotter conditions....

What you can't dispute is LeBron has played in more games, having to do more each and every game, in the last four years then any other player in the NBA.

But let's not let common sense get in the way of a good Heat/LeBron bashing.

And I'm a Boston fan.
I think it's more along the lines of making fun of all the excuse-making and over-analyzing the non-factors.

"The Heat lost because the Spurs intentionally spiked his food/didn't repair the AC/forgot to feed Lebron's pet goldfish, Fluffy/etc."

Duncan has been whacked about 10 times and has only got 1 and 1 call and that was at the beg of the game.

but yet have no problem calling shit like this giving free  points and giving Manu a 3rd foul.

d1.gif

Refs were pretty crappy but the Spurs did nothing late in the game. Kinda wish Ginobili learned to adjust after last years finals, his play cost the Spurs a couple of possessions. 

Who did Danny Green piss off. Dude got fouled on both his 3's  and got pushed during the final possession before the ball was even in-bounded and got ignored. That 2nd quarter was atrocious, Spurs had their momentum killed about 5 times from making that 7pt lead a blowout with all the ticky tack shit that they somehow let go when the game was close in the 1st quarter.

I knew Parker was missing the fts since he probably was still in pain, but there's no excuse for Duncan completely Javale Mcgeeing his fts.

I'm not sure if J7 is serious, or trolling...
95% serious outside of some tongue in cheek remarks such as Lebron's food being spiked. It's funny people don't find it odd that the AC broke down just in time for game 1, but not early enough to fix it either. How many other times did it break down this entire season? Probably never.

Finely tuned pro athletes can't tell it's gotten hotter? Come on now.
It wasn't that hot in there until everyone got into the stadium and sat there for awhile. Straight out of Ray Allen's mouth, it didn't get noticeably hot until the mid/late 1st quarter. Him and James were joking before that that Wade looked like he had already played through a game when they saw how wet he was.

Wade has been fined $5,000 for the flop on that Ginobili swipe last night. It seems stupid to fine someone when the ref still made the call. At some point, the refs should be held more accountable for making the flops worthwhile.

Derek Fisher is almost a done deal to become the lolknicks head coach, Melo aint staying for that shit. Wade fined for a flop? What blasphemy is this?

Wade has been fined $5,000 for the flop on that Ginobili swipe last night. It seems stupid to fine someone when the ref still made the call. At some point, the refs should be held more accountable for making the flops worthwhile.
its been done before and refs have to make decisions in split seconds they're just reacting at wade acting like a bitch

That 1st quarter was some amazing basketball by the Spurs

This is the best offensive game I have ever seen by a team. Love it

I wish Nbatv had a broadcast of this game, espn commentary is beyond terrible, trying to diminish this Spurs performance so hard in the 1st half.

Lmao here come the refs.

Hold on a sec, didn't Dallas make a comeback around this same scenario and yet these bandwagon fans think their own team cant do the same?

I'm sorry if there are any Heat fans that regularly post (I don't think there are so I'm good) but man, what a disgrace of a fan base they have in Miami...How do you not learn, especially after your team won a championship, not to leave early when the game is not yet over? Is a 10 minute head start to beat traffic really worth more than the chance to help your team get back into the game? Pathetic. If I'm one of the Big Three, I'm posting a message or even delivering one pre game before the next game about this because their help was needed to get them back in.

If I paid for those seats, I'd stay no matter what the score was. It's still an experience. My wife would be rooting for the other team. Who gives a shit? 

I don't even like my local team. I follow whatever team Jeremy Lin is on. 

I guess I'm the only Miami Heat fan here.  The Heat are lucky people didn't leave after the 1st half.   As far as I'm concerned the Heat team owes for the 2 quarters they took off this game.  

Miami now wants a run at Melo, of course paycuts would have to happen to land him. Miami would literally be team 2003 draft all in one.

bread's done
Back