The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

Boozer to Lakers.

I'll be curious to see what the bid was. It's like the sign and trade happened, except Pau is making less money and Chicago will be paying the majority of Boozer's salary. So not at all like it happened. Reinsdorf's checking account probably wishes they had offered a pick for a S&T.

Lakers still need a SF, though. Probably still do even if they bring Xavier Henry back.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.25 Million for Boozer

Questionable move imo. You got young prospects eager to prove themselves, don't see why you'd take away minutes from them. Boozer doesn't really provide much outside of scoring.

Suns offered Bledsoe 48/4, he wants 80/5. Huge difference $$ wise, looking like he'll be gone.

3.25 Million for Boozer

Questionable move imo. You got young prospects eager to prove themselves, don't see why you'd take away minutes from them. Boozer doesn't really provide much outside of scoring.

Suns offered Bledsoe 48/4, he wants 80/5. Huge difference $$ wise, looking like he'll be gone.
bledsoe is a hot commodity. some idiot team will paid him that amount or close to it.

The News-Herald is reporting that Cleveland has changed their stance on the whole "No Wiggins in our trade package" for Kevin Love. They're reporting that Lebron told a source that he wanted Kevin Love on the team, and now the latest proposal from Cleveland is Wiggins, Bennett, Haywood, and a 1st round pick. If I'm Minnesota, I try to get Dion Waiters thrown in as well but even without him, this is the best package on the table.

Crazy how one man's wants can change the stance of a franchise.

The East got good without me knowing? Knicks won 54 games with a bad team, they'll make the playoffs this year.
Agreed. Knicks won't contend for a title this year (no duh, huh?), but I don't see them missing the playoffs again, not in the East. As much as I love to knock Melo, he is still one of the best scorers in the league and not yet out of his prime. Hardaway Jr's now got a full season under his belt. Even though Calderon isn't a huge upgrade, it's just nice having Felton gone. I'll even drink the Jackson Kool Aid and buy that they can get a little more out of Bargnani in the triangle.

Vegas currently has the Knicks at a 25/1 to win the East, with the Cavs, Bulls, Pacers, and Wizards ahead of them. Raptors and Heat are also at 25/1.

Who are the Knicks better than? I don't see how they are making the playoffs. Charlotte Atlanta and Cleveland are all making the playoffs and they are all better than the Knicks. The only team that might fall out in the East is Brooklyn.

The WIzards are adding frontcourt depth by trading (sign and trade) a 2nd rd pick to Boston for Kris Humphries and they're bringing back Kevin Seraphin on his $3.8 qualifying offer. More than makes up for the loss of Trevor Booker.

May I add, under no circumstances should the cavs be trading wiggins right now, not even for Love. Too much potential for him to grow alongside LeBron and those guys. I understand the whole "win now" arguments, plus the fact that LBJ reportedly wants to play w/ Love, but lets wait and see how the cavs do w/ Wiggins before sending him off to a crappy minnesota team in exchange for a guy who, albeit a franchise player, hasn't seen a lick of the postseason in his career.

May I add, under no circumstances should the cavs be trading wiggins right now, not even for Love. Too much potential for him to grow alongside LeBron and those guys. I understand the whole "win now" arguments, plus the fact that LBJ reportedly wants to play w/ Love, but lets wait and see how the cavs do w/ Wiggins before sending him off to a crappy minnesota team in exchange for a guy who, albeit a franchise player, hasn't seen a lick of the postseason in his career.
Yeah, Minnesota has no leverage in this at all, so it only gets easier to trade for him as time goes on. I can't imagine that Wiggins will not do well when he has Kyrie and LeBron to take the heat off of him on the offensive end so that he doesn't have to do everything himself.

I disagree. lebron is in his thirties now the window on his prime will be closing soon he can't wait on Wiggins to develop and Kevin Love is a sure thing. love's game would mesh perfectly with Lebron's. Plus he is not that old himself.

See that's the thing, I get how love and lebron would complement each other well, but at the expense of wiggins and possibly other young pieces (Bennett, maybe waiters) I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Plus, is a combination of kyrie / LBJ / love enough to win a championship? Maybe, but I doubt it happens right away. That trio has never played a game together, lot of doubts in the air and even LBJ said himself that its a process. Worst case scenario they wait until Minnesota has no choice in the matter, and run the risk of him going to golden state. But I still think wiggins should be untouched at least until we've seen him play some games with the squad

I disagree. lebron is in his thirties now the window on his prime will be closing soon he can't wait on Wiggins to develop and Kevin Love is a sure thing. love's game would mesh perfectly with Lebron's. Plus he is not that old himself.

If Bennett/Waiters/anyone else but Irving or Wiggins and a number of 1st round picks is enough to do the deal, do the deal. Otherwise, leave Love alone and wait for him to sign after the season. The Cavs will have close to 20 million to offer Love as a free agent.

See that's the thing, I get how love and lebron would complement each other well, but at the expense of wiggins and possibly other young pieces (Bennett, maybe waiters) I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Plus, is a combination of kyrie / LBJ / love enough to win a championship? Maybe, but I doubt it happens right away. That trio has never played a game together, lot of doubts in the air and even LBJ said himself that its a process. Worst case scenario they wait until Minnesota has no choice in the matter, and run the risk of him going to golden state. But I still think wiggins should be untouched at least until we've seen him play some games with the squad
There is some risk to keeping Wiggins until the trade deadline because he very well might struggle out of the gate, lots of young players do (even KD had an rough first year), which lowers his trade value. Also, the Cavs need to win/challenge now not 5 years from now. I don't think the Cavs are good enough to win it now. Plus, GS is a real threat as they offer a pretty good package even without Thompson.

Exactly. You run a huge risk of Wiggins' value dropping if he struggles early.

Though some teams have improved, the East is still extremely weak. It is there for the taking. And there is no guarantee that LeBron will hang around very long, so I'd put all the chips on the table now.

Nothing is a guarantee. But at this time, who is a better pro: Love or Wiggins? What are the chances that in his rookie season that Wiggins is going to put up star numbers? The Cavs have a much better chance of winning a title with Love than they do with Wiggins.

I just think if Kawhi can be the best player on a title team in his 3rd year, why can't Wiggins be the 3rd best player on a title contender in his first year?

I just think if Kawhi can be the best player on a title team in his 3rd year, why can't Wiggins be the 3rd best player on a title contender in his first year?
weird way to spell Tony Parker. Leonard didn't even show up for the first few games of the finals. parker and TD (even in his old age) are more valuable.

[quote name="jlarlee" post="11940846" timestamp="1405888796"]weird way to spell Tony Parker. Leonard didn't even show up for the first few games of the finals. parker and TD (even in his old age) are more valuable. [/quote]
We all saw who got the finals mvp nod, spurs don't win the championship without kawhi. His play down the stretch made up for the lackluster performances in games 1&2

Throwing in Bennett shouldn't even matter in these trade talks since its like throwing in a free cookie or bag of potato chips.

Throwing in Bennett shouldn't even matter in these trade talks since its like throwing in a free cookie or bag of potato chips.
for once i agree with you. he has potential but no real value right now. I'd think the team would be better with a top10 player (arguably 5) player now then a player with potential. as was stated earlier in the thread, lebron is at the top of his game now and is only going to get older.

for once i agree with you. he has potential but no real value right now. I'd think the team would be better with a top10 player (arguably 5) player now then a player with potential. as was stated earlier in the thread, lebron is at the top of his game now and is only going to get older.
I don't think anyone but the most ardent Cavs fan is putting up resistance to trading Bennett as part of a package for Love. Wiggins is the sticking point for most who are skeptical of the trade.

Rashard Lewis failed a physical and his contract was voided by the Mavs. Mavs sign Aminu to replace him, and going after Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson

The Bulls have apparently entered the Love sweepstakes, offering a package that includes Gibson, McDermott, and Mrotic.
I'm a bulls fan and I'm torn. If we do indeed pull off this trade, we lose depth. At the same time though, it's Kevin fucking Love arguably a top 5 player in the NBA and he is only 25 years old. If this trade happens great, but it it doesn't I won't be upset.

Rashard Lewis failed a physical and his contract was voided by the Mavs. Mavs sign Aminu to replace him, and going after Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson
It'll be Nelson. He's already committed and is gonna sign the contract during a visit scheduled for tomorrow. That'll help with the suspension that Felton's probably gonna get after pleading guilty to the gun charges.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234420/Carmelo-Struggled-To-Choose-Between-Knicks-Bulls

"

"I want to win. I don't care about the money," Anthony told ESPN.com. "I believe Phil (Jackson) will do what he has to do to take care of that."

"I don't think we're that far away," he added. "People use 'rebuilding' too loosely."

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

That was after he made no money for forever.
And after he had brought in numerous championships and exponentially increased the value of the franchise. But you know...logic, lol :lol:

Obviously, you have to consider inflation, but over MJ's entire 13 year career, he made $90M (2/3's of which were from those two seasons).

Carmelo Anthony has made just shy of $136M over the course of 11 seasons.

Jordan is rich as hell, but he never gouged his team. Even the two years where he GOT PAID, they won championships. Most people would agree that if you want the big paycheck, you need to back it up. And not many people in all of life did that better than Michael Jordan.

I can't blame Jackson for trying, but the Knicks apparently tried to make a "move" for Love...offering Stoudemire,Hardaway Jr, and Shumpert...

And after he had brought in numerous championships and exponentially increased the value of the franchise. But you know...logic, lol :lol:

Obviously, you have to consider inflation, but over MJ's entire 13 year career, he made $90M (2/3's of which were from those two seasons).

Carmelo Anthony has made just shy of $136M over the course of 11 seasons.

Jordan is rich as hell, but he never gouged his team. Even the two years where he GOT PAID, they won championships. Most people would agree that if you want the big paycheck, you need to back it up. And not many people in all of life did that better than Michael Jordan.
I think if MJ had ever been put in a situation where he had to choose between taking more money and going to a different team he would have stayed with the Bulls. He was too competitive to make it all about the money.

LBJ shouldn't let the people running for union head take over. He needs to take the reins and run that shit. Only way to make sure players don't get screwed when that new TV money rolls in.

bread's done
Back