The 2013 iconic summer Pepsi/mountain dew thread

Didn't see an official thread on here about it yet and the program started a day or so ago.

https://iconicsummer.com/
What it is: Pepsi and Mountain Dew want to give you free gear,merch,gift cards,and other goodies all summer long.

Prizes here: https://iconicsummer.com/en-us/Landing

more info as to how it works: https://iconicsummer.com/en-us/HowItWorks

by collecting codes from special Pepsi products or Mountain Dew products. You get codes,you then use the codes online at the iconicsummer website,after you unlock the right set of icons,just see what product you can get and BLAM,it's yours.

You can also enter into hometown sweeps based on where you live,and beginning in August,use any leftover icons towards second chane sweeps like free trips,NASCAR races,and much more.

Anyhow,figured we can use this tread to drop or donate any codes to help CAGS get free stuff,figure out where to get codes,and so forth.

Go ahead and wiki edit this if anybody finds any interesting info or free codes.

Good luck everyone.....I want me a dew shirt lol

Chemical out.
Were you guys aware that Pepsi still uses a chemical in their drink that causes cancer in rats? They were required to stop putting it in their drinks in California, but are still using it elswhere because it is cheap. Thought i'd give a heads up. That's why I don't drink pepsi.

The Chemical is called 4-methylimidazole or 4-Mel. You can read about it here.

http://www.alternet.org/food/pepsis-caramel-coloring-probably-causes-cancer

Apparently you'd have to drink 1000 cans a day to match the levels in the rats, but it's on the list of carcinogens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you guys aware that Pepsi still uses a chemical in their drink that causes cancer in rats? They were required to stop putting it in their drinks in California, but are still using it elswhere because it is cheap. Thought i'd give a heads up. That's why I don't drink pepsi.

The Chemical is called 4-methylimidazole or 4-Mel. You can read about it here.

http://www.alternet.org/food/pepsis-caramel-coloring-probably-causes-cancer

Apparently you'd have to drink 1000 cans a day to match the levels in the rats, but it's on the list of carcinogens.
Ok?

Mountain dew has Brominated vegetable oil or BVO in it, to help keep the citrus flavor evenly distributed. Its banned in pretty much every country except the US, because it causes all sorts of side effects in large amounts.

Sugar causes diabetes, tooth decay and "hyperactivity" in large amounts, among other things.

Chocolate causes depression in large amounts.

Too much carrot juice will tint your skin orange.

Eating too much red meat will cause high cholesterol.

Too much beer causes drunkenness.

If you eat too many cheeseburgers, youll get fat.

Almost anything, in excess, will cause some sort of problem.

They also forced potato chip companies in California to add a warning label to potato chips because of a chemical called acrylamide that occurs from the browning process.  You only have to eat approximately 35,000 chips per day for your whole life to reach the same carcinogenic level in lab rats.  I'm no doctor, but I'll bet you'd die of something other than cancer, if you ate that many chips. 

BTW, I also heard that posting too much inane, useless information on message boards causes a horrifying disease called "trolling."  I've heard the only known cure for this is to be thrown out of your parent's basement, and have your X-box live account cancelled.  I've actually seen kids suffering from this plague.  Their bodies are disfigured from gauges in the ears, so many piercings they look like a tacklebox and they are always begging for a cig, fruit roll-ups or cheez-its. 

Back on topic, fiiiinally got a rare today, the skateboard, my only option is a Mountain Dew hoodie. I know everyone's saying there won't be a restock, but there's something like 3,000 of the hoodies left, so if I sit on it for a little while in hopes of a miracle restock, it won't be the end of the world.

Still putting in my 10 codes daily and nothing.hmmm hopefully my pxp will count for something later on. Anyone see 12pk codes? Havent seen any in Minnesota

Well I'm done with this game as I got my fishing lure. So is have still a bunch of codes. Feel free to use them and good luck to you all!

Sahb7kfm6e
Rw7wxlha7m
Yrafsvmb63
Sezacpx3x3
Yklclxfrlk
Lenexwcmrc
Zkbcmyern6
Xrxxak7w9x
Yl33hhl3hb
P97a6hhweb
Pxsm9rm7yf
Nscn6nr9vv
Kaefaxfwcs
Hny6kh3acv
H6cb7lbfnb
Zb7bahacac
Hysfzpf7sc
Lbnezmczbk
Llb9bm6ycv
Pla9lrwf9y
Yffb9pfr9r

Enjoy and let us know if you won anything!

Well I'm done with this game as I got my fishing lure. So is have still a bunch of codes. Feel free to use them and good luck to you all!

Sahb7kfm6e
Rw7wxlha7m
Yrafsvmb63
Sezacpx3x3
Yklclxfrlk
Lenexwcmrc
Zkbcmyern6
Xrxxak7w9x
Yl33hhl3hb
P97a6hhweb
Pxsm9rm7yf
Nscn6nr9vv
Kaefaxfwcs
Hny6kh3acv
H6cb7lbfnb
Zb7bahacac
Hysfzpf7sc
Lbnezmczbk
Llb9bm6ycv
Pla9lrwf9y
Yffb9pfr9r

Enjoy and let us know if you won anything!
All gone, all used by thankless lurkers. You lurkers don't deserve to be here, you idiots! How hard is it to come back and post "Used: XXXXXXXX". Five seconds of your life. Don't get hit by a bus!

I still have a few more I'll post tomorrow. Didn't think they would all be gone in 30 minutes though! It'll probably be around 2-2:30 time or so CST.

Thank you, LazyTriangle.  I was able to use the first three codes, but all the codes are now used, as the remainder came up as invalid for me (didn't bother checking the last one, obviously).  Thank you as well, CoffeeWolf74, for not being a thankless lurker.

To all the thankless lurkers out there:  don't die in a fire or anything!

Thank you LazyTriangle I got either the 2nd one or the 3rd one sorry dont remember which. Was surprised it was valid. Common again as usual but still thanks

Thank you, LazyTriangle. I was able to use the first three codes, but all the codes are now used, as the remainder came up as invalid for me (didn't bother checking the last one, obviously). Thank you as well, CoffeeWolf74, for not being a thankless lurker.

To all the thankless lurkers out there: don't die in a fire or anything!
Wow so angry though to a point I can understand the annoyance.

YAAR7RBFEC

VVRZVMA9EW

S9P3RWBK3H

KCNCWHWF7L

RSSLPNPX3S

RP733WVA39

LAWWKSCYYM

VA7WAVZHRR
Used

RSSLPNPX3S

RP733WVA39

LAWWKSCYYM

only got commons but thanks LazyTriangle was still worth a shot.

Wow so angry though to a point I can understand the annoyance.
Look, I appreciate that you came back to say thanks and indicate which codes you'd redeemed. I have *zero* problems with anyone, myself included, redeeming basically any number of dropped codes that they can. That's the nature of the drop...you've got to be lucky with when you check in, and quick on the draw. There's *nothing wrong with this*.

My problem is with those who do this, don't take the time to claim what they've done (which, honestly, takes *far less time* than redeeming the codes themselves), aren't grateful, and generally don't contribute *at all* to anything other than themselves. They're extremely selfish...at the *very least*, they could post what they've taken so that others don't waste their own time. I mean...they *did* get these for free, right? Wouldn't the most *minimal expectation* be for them to say, "I got 'em."? Even if they didn't say "thank you" (WHICH THEY SHOULD), they should at least keep others from wasting their time.

I've done drops before, I continue to do them (check out the Bud Light Music First thread), but there's nothing wrong with calling a selfish dickwad a selfish dickwad. If you're not at least contributing to the site, if you're only going to take, take, take...then yes: they can die in any one of myriad painful ways. I'm thinking eyeball cancer for most of them would be terrifically ironic.

It is indeed the nature of the beast.  But a little thanks seems the least people could do.  I choose to do anti-stalker, anti-lurker based giveaways on the occasion that i have codes to share but it is up to the gifter how they want to do it.  And sometimes it is just a pain for people to go to such measures when they are just giving some bottle cap codes away.  Good of them to give at all. :)

I have pepsi codes to trade to anyone with the 40 point MCR bundles from the McD monopoly that starts today.

Send a PM! Ill make a fair trade.

I will also trade for unused McD monopoly codes to use online.

I have some iconic summer caps left that I'd like to trade for NOS rewards codes or steam trading cards, pm me if interested

here are a few free ones:

NC9F3S97PB

Y9NB7M6X7M

LAA9Y5XYYY

HAHPHZESVA

Look, I appreciate that you came back to say thanks and indicate which codes you'd redeemed. I have *zero* problems with anyone, myself included, redeeming basically any number of dropped codes that they can. That's the nature of the drop...you've got to be lucky with when you check in, and quick on the draw. There's *nothing wrong with this*.

My problem is with those who do this, don't take the time to claim what they've done (which, honestly, takes *far less time* than redeeming the codes themselves), aren't grateful, and generally don't contribute *at all* to anything other than themselves. They're extremely selfish...at the *very least*, they could post what they've taken so that others don't waste their own time. I mean...they *did* get these for free, right? Wouldn't the most *minimal expectation* be for them to say, "I got 'em."? Even if they didn't say "thank you" (WHICH THEY SHOULD), they should at least keep others from wasting their time.

I've done drops before, I continue to do them (check out the Bud Light Music First thread), but there's nothing wrong with calling a selfish dickwad a selfish dickwad. If you're not at least contributing to the site, if you're only going to take, take, take...then yes: they can die in any one of myriad painful ways. I'm thinking eyeball cancer for most of them would be terrifically ironic.

I know I agree with you honestly just saying don't let yourself get too mad. The few times I've had something to give away I've made sure to make the people post or pm me so that dick head lurkers wouldn't get the codes. It is unfortunate manners seem to be non existent with many people who take the stuff though what can you do though.

I still have several dozen Iconic Summer codes that I am looking to trade for MCR codes. I want to trade each Iconic code for 1.5 MCR codes. PM me if interested.

Wish I could trade in my beach ball for the wave. I'd much rather have another set of the Pepsi glasses/coasters than another duffle bag.

i got a shirt and towel (not the first prizes i won, but the first i have received) today... they came USPS
When did you redeem them?

Received my pepsi Beach Towel today and got another umbrella icon landing me a third pepsi t-shirt.
I like your new username, my fellow whovian. :applause:

To keep this on topic, I received a Mtn Dew hat in the mail which I didn't like to be honest, I will probably gift it to someone.

You guys are killing me.  My results so far:

17 sunglasses

14 guitars

20 headphones

12 fish

11 tents

=

74 big bags of nothing...

Some prizes have been added to the points section but they seem to go out of stock almost immediatly. A blue shirt and the Giant Pepsi cooling chest both OOS.

I have some $25 Hard Rock Cafe gift cards im looking to swap for Paypal if anyone is interested. They arent really useful to me as the nearest HRC is like 1000 miles away lol. Or probably more.

Send me a PM, we will discuss. I have multiple of them and can mail them out.

bread's done
Back