The 2014-15 Barclays Premier League (EPL) & UEFA Champions League (UCL) Thread

Only caught part of the Chelsea match. Great talent and depth but the team looked completely unmotivated. If Jose doesn't sort that shit out it will come back and bite you in a big game.
I think the word you are looking for is lazy, at least according to Mou.

You must have missed the second half, they played a LOT better. But yea they show up like that against a better side, would not be a good outcome in the end I think.

Tottenham took it to QPR, top of the table for them.

Di Maria might be many things but he is not a number 10.

The problem with signing Di Maria is that LVG will use him in a 4-3-3 formation which means that Rooney will have to play out wide. Unfortunately, over the years Rooney has proven he cannot play out wide. Woodie better do some more shopping before the deadline. He needs to find an experienced CB and a CM. A tall task considering many other teams are also looking for such players. I think we'll end up with some combination of De Jong, Blind and maybe Vlaar. Then we'll try to sign Strootman in January.

I wish we had used the Fellaini and Mata/Herrera money to sign Vidal.

Last edited by a moderator:
City and Chelsea are on a completely different level. Everyone else is playing for 3rd place.

untitled-506kem.gif

untitled-6wwpn6.gif

Until about 30 minutes ago, I had no cable and internet service since Saturday so I missed the United game yesterday. Good thing too. My friends at work (non-United fans) all said it was pretty awful.

I'm super excited about him coming to Old Trafford, albeit for a bit more than I'd have hoped. But without some clinical finishing up front and in the midfield, it's going to be a waste. I'm optimistic but a formation change has to happen. Unless they deploy him in the middle which I guess Real did for parts of last season.

I hate those Chevy jerseys, but a Di Maria one may be making its way into my closet.

I'm super excited about him coming to Old Trafford, albeit for a bit more than I'd have hoped. But without some clinical finishing up front and in the midfield, it's going to be a waste. I'm optimistic but a formation change has to happen. Unless they deploy him in the middle which I guess Real did for parts of last season.

I hate those Chevy jerseys, but a Di Maria one may be making its way into my closet.
If we don't get a new CM is all for nothing. The dream scenario is that we sign Vidal but I would settle for De Jong or Blind at this point if we plan to get Strootman in January. We also need an experienced world class CB but I don't think there are any of them left on the market. LVG is known to play 4-3-3. So here's what it might look like.

1084360_Manchester_United.jpg

always weird not seeing ManU in there... oh how the mighty have fallen... Group E the group of death?
Yeah hopefully we'll be there next year.

IMO, Group D (Galatasaray is much more dangerous than people give them credit for) and E are the groups of death. I would love for Ajax to upset Barcelona in Group F but that's not going to happen. Chelsea, Real and Liverpool were the big winners today. Liverpool especially since they avoided Roma and Monaco.

449998.jpg

So it sounds like the UCL final last year was pretty exciting, with RM scoring late in injury time to tie it then 3 more goals in the extra time.

So why is it so hard to find highlights of this?  Am I just looking in the wrong places?  Best thing I could find was some cut together clips with a guy screaming in a language I had never heard before.

So it sounds like the UCL final last year was pretty exciting, with RM scoring late in injury time to tie it then 3 more goals in the extra time.

So why is it so hard to find highlights of this? Am I just looking in the wrong places? Best thing I could find was some cut together clips with a guy screaming in a language I had never heard before.
Here you go. Enjoy!

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/real-madrid-v-atletico-madrid-uefa-champions-league-final-highlights-05-24-14/12puq9zx

Thanks, was a lot more enjoyable in English.

I think I'll pull for Bayern this year, Robben is probably my favorite player.
I would highly recommend rooting/checking out Ajax, although they'll have a tough time making it out of their group, they are a Dutch team after all.

That said, you can't go wrong with Bayern. Here's a pretty good video of Arjen Robben's career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHkkRQhPT4

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/torres-loan-agreed.html

Well hes gone. Finally. Basically on a "free" transfer as he has 2 years left on current contract. AC milan will not be loaning him for the full amount (pretty sure its like 250k/week)

Now I'm like WTF jose? Lukaku leaving makes even less sense now, and who is going to be third striker. Costa has had some health issues before, and has a current hammy issue and prolly wont start tomorrow. Drogs, god love him, is just too damn old to play much more than as a super sub.

They must be close to buying Mattias Destro is my guess. That or they plan to bring up someone from our scary as fuck u-21 team, or maybe play schurrle up top some along with cesc?

Any of those options are on the table, but there is not enough rumor chatter about a purchase to my liking right now.

Missed the Man U game, doesn't sound like it was overly exciting.

Sweet ass goal from Stoke just now.  Goalie did a poor job but awesome none the less.

glorious. way to go stoke.

thought city was going to get the equalizer and they looked really good and got some good penetration but couldnt find the final ball to score. Great defending by stoke.

Just need chelsea to win to create some room at top of table....

This match and Swansea next week are huge.

Chelsea-Everton seems like the best game of the day.  Is that why it's on later and the only game going at that time?

Man City looked really good I definitely thought they were going to score too.

Chelsea-Everton seems like the best game of the day. Is that why it's on later and the only game going at that time?

Man City looked really good I definitely thought they were going to score too.
Yea, thats the marquee game today really. That time slot just depends though. Next week its pool and aston villa, when the chelsea and swansea match could be for the top of the table and their match is at 9am with a few others.

How can you tell who the home team is?  Is it the team listed first?

Also, cute jerseys Chelsea.

Oh sweet the game is actually on NBC.  I can watch it without having to stream.

SECOND GOAL

HAHAHAH

BANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAREFREE WHEREVER WE MAY BE

WE DONT GIVE A fuck WHOEVER YOU MAY BE

WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC

Also to answer you question, yes first time listed is home. Chelesa are wearing away jersey as colors match for each team's first kit. For instance when CFC plays man u at man u they still were blue as colors dont match.

Another one. Jesus. 2nd one looked a bit offsides, but I'm not exactly sure how that rule works.
It was offsides on replay.

Most forward offensive player has to be equal or behind last defender when a pass is played to them.

Bane was just a hair offside in replay but at full speed hard to catch it when THAT close.

It was offsides on replay.

Most forward offensive player has to be equal or behind last defender when a pass is played to them.

Bane was just a hair offside in replay but at full speed hard to catch it when THAT close.
That's what I thought, thanks.

Howard got away with a handball outside of the box so they have a lot less to bitch about now.

Damn, I couldn't have picked a better game to make sure to watch!

EDIT: Jesus another one.  Ramires!  Everton just can't get it even.

Falcao? Seriously? That's going to fix a brittle defense and weak central midfield? ESPN called their moves retail therapy which couldn't be more accurate. Spending a ton of money with no rhyme or reason is worse than spending no money in my book.

YVyJeq1.gif

Agreed. Unless we plan to spend more during the January window it is all for not. Still need a world class CB and CM. 

Yea falcao was dumb for current team, but for future was smart. Reported as a loan to buy deal, if plays well this season will most definitely buy for long term.

Damn international break. I cant WAIT for that Swansea match. 

City traded Negredo to Valencia :/

Way to go >:(

And where/who the eff is Valencia?
Valencia CF is a pretty big club that plays in La Liga. Villa, Silva, Mata and Soldado are but a few of the players who have recently worn the Valencia jersey. Negredo is a good pickup for them and a bit of head scratcher for City.

Ehh anyone watch anything today?
Just a little hat trick by Go Diego Go.

7 goals. 4 matches.

Greatest start for a striker in the history of BPL.

Cesc Fabgregas 2 more assists to give him 6 in 4 matches.

Best 2 signings of the summer and its not even close.

Other game I watched was pool/villa

Pool couldnt get right, gave up the early goal and then just could never convert anything.

Chelsea looking good all alone at the top of the table.

Also who would have picked Villa and Swansea to be in top 3 after 4 matches. What a great start to the season by non power clubs. Hell southhampton in 4th is pretty solid for them too.

This is just poetry in motion. Second goal of match by Costa.

DisgustingQuerulousGrassspider.gif

bread's done
Back