The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
What is this thread ya'll speak of?
That thread and those days are long, LONG gone. It also led to my permanent ban. That and having a Jr. Detective DM on my behind. Snuffed out each of my mules and banned them all, dude even deleted two of the accounts altogether. I never got ahold the several thousands built up that others have, but I did get some massive returns in credit during that flipping period. I’ve been paying cash for games at MSRP for the past two years 🤮.

Better days back then for sure.

Nonexistent. The previous thread for old cags was under the cag lounge, which to my knowledge no longer exists in the new site.

Anyway thanks to the cags who posted about Tears base tiv and the $10 nsw cuphead.
hold up, so starting on sunday, how much does ToTK give in trade credit value? Right now saturday i see $49.50

The in store only pretty much kills this deal for me. The odds of finding the games I want in a store are slim to none. Don’t get why they don’t do it online

The in store only pretty much kills this deal for me. The odds of finding the games I want in a store are slim to none. Don’t get why they don’t do it online
General scuttlebutt is they don't have the stock for these sales to begin with. They also are closing or have closed most of their warehouses supposedly. Couple with -1 inventory makes it difficult to get anything in these sales.

That thread and those days are long, LONG gone. It also led to my permanent ban. That and having a Jr. Detective DM on my behind. Snuffed out each of my mules and banned them all, dude even deleted two of the accounts altogether. I never got ahold the several thousands built up that others have, but I did get some massive returns in credit during that flipping period. I’ve been paying cash for games at MSRP for the past two years 🤮.

Better days back then for sure.
Still ways to earn large amounts of credit today just have to use hardware trade ins. They really have nuked the values these last 6 months or so but profit is still possible.

Buy some broken controllers, drifting, not charging, and save them for an accessory bonus. Even items that get the refurb fee get the bonuses applied.

This is a really easy way to earn 50% or more off of games and consoles with minimum effort. Controllers are also the perfect candidate as they come in different colors, so strive to keep 4 of each color/design. All about what they trade for and what the refurb fee is.

In the latest issue of Game Informer, there's a 2-page ad right behind the cover advertising print subscriptions of 10 issues for $19.91. It says "Game Informer has been around since 1991. Keep us around for another 30 years." "Like what we do? We need your support." This to me sounds like corporate is considering putting Game Informer on the chopping block in a future round of cost-cutting measures if the magazine doesn't increase its readership base. You can subscribe at subscription.gameinformer.com.

I subscribed for two years. I'm actually looking forward to getting a gaming mag in the mail again. The last time I had a sub was the Official Xbox Magazine, during the OG Xbox days. My first issue should be next month's.

I really like GI, it's a good magazine, physical copies are important to me, so I subscribe. My subscription doesn't expire until next year, hope they stick around.

Is anyone running sheets or scrubbing for flips? With 4/$40 going on, I've found a couple flips. Some better than others, but I've only gone through the stuff that's available at my local store.
Base values listed:

Last of Us 2 (PS4) $10
RE Village (PS5) $10
NBA 2K24 Kobe (PS5) $12
NBA 2K24 Kobe (PS4) $15

Is anyone running sheets or scrubbing for flips? With 4/$40 going on, I've found a couple flips. Some better than others, but I've only gone through the stuff that's available at my local store.
Base values listed:

Last of Us 2 (PS4) $10
RE Village (PS5) $10
NBA 2K24 Kobe (PS5) $12
NBA 2K24 Kobe (PS4) $15
Spider man 2 is $40 at gamefly with a $45 base before any bonuses.

Meijer has $7.50 back for every $50 in GameStop gift cards via their mperks.

trade in 2 copies Zelda: TOTTK for $49.50 each (PRO Member) extra $9 if you pre-order Paper Mario. Paper Mario Pumped up to $65 a piece. Likely i will get my $$$ back on release day.
$49.50 + $9 = $58.50. Not bad deal :)

Base values listed:

Last of Us 2 (PS4) $10
RE Village (PS5) $10
NBA 2K24 Kobe (PS5) $12
NBA 2K24 Kobe (PS4) $15
Any alternatives to NBA 2k24? It would look suspicious getting two of the same game

I just saw Modern Warfare III (PS5) is up to $32 base trade in value. We’ll see if it holds. I bought it when I did my trades the other day because I wanted to use my monthly coupon for a change, and I was hoping the trade value would go up after the sale, but I didn’t expect it so soon.

I just saw Modern Warfare III (PS5) is up to $32 base trade in value. We’ll see if it holds. I bought it when I did my trades the other day because I wanted to use my monthly coupon for a change, and I was hoping the trade value would go up after the sale, but I didn’t expect it so soon.
I bought 6 of them for $20 and have been selling them on marketplace for $35 lol. May have to just trade my last one back in

I would be surprised if it lasts the day - it definitely won't be $32 on Tuesday with everyone trying to trade their $20 copies in tomorrow. If you're on the east coast you may luck out if you trade it in the late morning/early afternoon.

I would be surprised if it lasts the day - it definitely won't be $32 on Tuesday with everyone trying to trade their $20 copies in tomorrow. If you're on the east coast you may luck out if you trade it in the late morning/early afternoon.
It was that value yesterday. Diablo 4 went up to $22 as well. (on ps5)

jedi survivor is $32 TIV and selling for $30 brand new (ps5)

If anyone is trading in modern warfare 3 or Jedi survivor today, could you please confirm that it is trading in for base $32. I would really appreciate it. I don't want to unwrap them only to find out that the value was nerfed but the website was never updated.

there's also a coupon for a free redbull if you have a pro account, might as well use that if you are forced to go into gamestop

coupon shows up under account

In-Store only reward
*Pro Members - Receive Free Can Of Red Bull With Coupon
Expires: 05/21/2024

there's also a coupon for a free redbull if you have a pro account, might as well use that if you are forced to go into gamestop

In-Store only reward
Do all stores have Red Bull now? I never remember seeing them at mine

Also, congrats to everyone who made bank doing the B2G1 sale and then trading in the $45 games. Nice opportunity we haven't had in a long time

If anyone is trading in modern warfare 3 or Jedi survivor today, could you please confirm that it is trading in for base $32. I would really appreciate it. I don't want to unwrap them only to find out that the value was nerfed but the website was never updated.

It pulled up $14.30 on my end for MW3. The GS employee had to override the system to give me the correct amount from the app. Diablo IV PS5 and Spider-Man Miles Morales PS4 is different from the app and in store system. Just FYI

In-Store only reward
YMMV, I don’t see it in my account. Not that I’d want a Red Bull. I get caffeine shakes if I drink more than a cup of coffee.

bread's done
Back