The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
There are ~3000 GameStop stores in the US. If each of these stores got 5-10, let’s pick the midpoint of 7.5. That means prob 21k of these exists. Most likely they made 20k. Is that rare enough to justify $50 for 12 cards? People are crazy.

There are ~3000 GameStop stores in the US. If each of these stores got 5-10, let’s pick the midpoint of 7.5. That means prob 21k of these exists. Most likely they made 20k. Is that rare enough to justify $50 for 12 cards? People are crazy.
$50 is basically the price of the normal game. Crazy. I just want one but not for that price...

All mine are gone Woke up to them sold.

Maybe in a few years I'll actually play a fire emblem until then it stays in the sealed part of my switch collection.

Next big game I'm excited for is final fantasy theyrhem final bar. I'd pay $200 for a collector's edition with steel book and soundtrack

I lucked out and got one but I’m seriously considering selling it. I’d rather have another game or lego set than tarot cards.
I'd almost say to hold on to them then sell later with a sealed copy. That’s a gamble on whether it goes down or up in the future. But Generally fire emblem command a high price especially for lower print stuff. And people were willing to pay me 56$ for cupid parasites cards. Though I heard that one goes for even more now.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would stop someone from driving from store to store asking for one and showing off their preorder email from gamestop.com, getting as many of these as possible. That's probably why some people have so many.

What would stop someone from driving from store to store asking for one and showing off their preorder email from gamestop.com, getting as many of these as possible. That's probably why some people have so many.
Limited supply and preferred allocation to customers with in-store preorders.

gas money + time is what’s stopping me. I work 60+ hours a week me personally I wouldn’t waste time on something I may or may not be able to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good one but I'll raise it with taking a screenshot of someone's order off reddit and visiting GameStops that are all 10 minutes away. That's the best way.

Well, as previously reported, Gamestop is no longer letting you use your 5 bucks free credit for 5 bucks Nintendo e-shop credit.

Darn. That was a fun ride.

Well, as previously reported, Gamestop is no longer letting you use your 5 bucks free credit for 5 bucks Nintendo e-shop credit.

Darn. That was a fun ride.
I was going to redeem in the store a couple weeks ago while it was still working but I've been too lazy. When I do go there in a couple of days, I will still ask them for the $5 eshop and then act surprised if it doesn't work. I will still end up buying a $10 PSN card though for five bucks. I'm not just going to let it that $5 go to waste and then I will just do the double dip for the exact same $10 PSN card online.

Didn't Microsoft also have a $5 card? Has anyone tried that? I assume any $5 currency won't work but I haven't seen anyone bring up the Microsoft one.

I was going to redeem in the store a couple weeks ago while it was still working but I've been too lazy. When I do go there in a couple of days, I will still ask them for the $5 eshop and then act surprised if it doesn't work. I will still end up buying a $10 PSN card though for five bucks. I'm not just going to let it that $5 go to waste and then I will just do the double dip for the exact same $10 PSN card online.

Didn't Microsoft also have a $5 card? Has anyone tried that? I assume any $5 currency won't work but I haven't seen anyone bring up the Microsoft one.
There was a picture of an internal message from GS posted a while ago that they $5 currency SKUs for MS and Nintendo were being removed by the vendors.

dont remember the hours but the best time is whenever you have 30-45 minutes to wait on hold
oh must be getting better, trying to resolve a problem with a pre-Xmas order, most times when I called it was over 60 minutes and the message said call back tomorrow, no option to hold for help

Even with the $5 codes gone still the best membership out there.

App wise it's top 3 only behind chick FIL A who give me free food all the time.

My main complaint is the money I spend vs the points I get. The point system makes no sense since I spend thousands a week you'd think I'd have thousands of points but I only get a couple hundred like it's a cap.

oh must be getting better, trying to resolve a problem with a pre-Xmas order, most times when I called it was over 60 minutes and the message said call back tomorrow, no option to hold for help
When they don’t give the option to call you back when it’s your turn, you know they do not care.

My main complaint is the money I spend vs the points I get. The point system makes no sense since I spend thousands a week you'd think I'd have thousands of points but I only get a couple hundred like it's a cap.
what do you use the gs app for?

Do you eat at chick film a ton? im usually too lazy to scan the app and get a free sammich for a survey every once In a while at bottom of receipt but iirc, the points are really small and marginal (reminds me of Starbucks) and after like 15 visits get a free cookie or minis

Do you eat at chick film a ton? im usually too lazy to scan the app and get a free sammich for a survey every once In a while at bottom of receipt but iirc, the points are really small and marginal (reminds me of Starbucks) and after like 15 visits get a free cookie or minis
they occasionally give away free sandwiches via the app

With the $5 eShop card deal gone, I had wanted to let my Power rewards Pro membership expire next month and join again on a month I actually have something to buy. Is it true that my reward points expire in 3 months instead of a year if I don't make a purchase without Pro? Do I get a $5 certificate immediately when I join Pro again or do I have to wait till the next month and do they still give $10 back in points?

Of all the different fast food places, I find Chick-Fil-A seems to be most generous with points. Seems like I always get a free cookie after every visit or two

The Chik-Fil-A sandwiches aren't free when the sole purpose of the app and that promotion is to sell your personal information (that is required to register) to other companies.
[attachment=37728:135.png]

I signed back up again yesterday and just got 5k points. Supposedly I'll get the $5 coupon on the 1st

With the $5 eShop card deal gone, I had wanted to let my Power rewards Pro membership expire next month and join again on a month I actually have something to buy. Is it true that my reward points expire in 3 months instead of a year if I don't make a purchase without Pro? Do I get a $5 certificate immediately when I join Pro again or do I have to wait till the next month and do they still give $10 back in points?

Of all the different fast food places, I find Chick-Fil-A seems to be most generous with points. Seems like I always get a free cookie after every visit or two

attachicon.gif
135.png
It's deceptive as hell. You don't just need to "have the app". You make an account, and they sell your info. That's its sole purpose. There's a reason why they pay a guy to dance outside in a chicken costume while holding a sign with a cute girl standing next to him to sway customers into "installing the app for our rewards program". Or else they could hand out coupons like a normal business. No, they make money off your identity. You accept the ToS agreement and allow them to sell your info to dozens of marketing companies and information brokers for a $5 chicken sandwich you complete asdf'ing moron. There's a reason why there's fifty pages of 'Terms & Conditions' information and fine print on the app, including several for 'Financial Incentives'. Really dumb decision for a free $5 sandwich and fries. Not that I'm surprised that you do it. All you do is post dumb shit on here, with zero redeeming qualities.

Chik-Fil-A-info.jpg

that's just one of the dozens upon dozens of pages of disclosures.

I let your first several dumbass replies slide.

drink-up-kyle.jpg

I signed back up again yesterday and just got 5k points. Supposedly I'll get the $5 coupon on the 1st
Thanks. Guess I might hold off signing back up again maybe a month or two. Finding just about no games I want sealed anywhere near me as stores show only 1 copy in stock.

I think I've only been to Chick-fil-A once in my life. I don't even know where the closest one is. For me, the Burger King app has been the best one in regards to rewards. Every Monday is free large fries with any purchase and this month, if you order twice from them, you get 400 crowns which is enough for a variety of food.

Last year they were doing this contest where like you raced your car and played a little game and you always were rewarded with a bunch of crowns. It's been my go-to app pretty much for good deals.

I think I've only been to Chick-fil-A once in my life. I don't even know where the closest one is. For me, the Burger King app has been the best one in regards to rewards. Every Monday is free large fries with any purchase and this month, if you order twice from them, you get 400 crowns which is enough for a variety of food.

Last year they were doing this contest were like you raced your car and played a little game and you always were rewarded with a bunch of crowns. It's been my go-to app pretty much for good deals.
the BK app was great when they had the double whopper for $3

It's deceptive as hell. You don't just need to "have the app". You make an account, and they sell your info. That's its sole purpose. There's a reason why they pay a guy to dance outside in a chicken costume while holding a sign with a cute girl standing next to him to sway customers into "installing the app for our rewards program". Or else they could hand out coupons like a normal business. No, they make money off your identity. You accept the ToS agreement and allow them to sell your info to dozens of marketing companies and information brokers for a $5 chicken sandwich you complete asdf'ing moron. There's a reason why there's fifty pages of 'Terms & Conditions' information and fine print on the app, including several for 'Financial Incentives'. Really dumb decision for a free $5 sandwich and fries. Not that I'm surprised that you do it. All you do is post dumb shit on here, with zero redeeming qualities.

Chik-Fil-A-info.jpg

drink-up-kyle.jpg
lol mad

Chik-Fil-A-info.jpg

[image]
Yikes that's a melty

I don't think I ever actually bought anything at Chic-Fil-A, BUT back when they first opened in my town a few years ago I camped out in the parking lot overnight for their "First 100" promotion (first 100 customers get free chicken sandwiches fora year; technically just 52 free sandwiches). Fun fact; I was actually the 101st person to show up, but a few dropped out. Still, it was funny being number 101 in a First 100 contest.

For me, the Burger King app has been the best one in regards to rewards. Every Monday is free large fries with any purchase and this month, if you order twice from them, you get 400 crowns which is enough for a variety of food.
That guy wrote PARAGRAPHS about how this stuff isn't free. How DARE you disrespect him like this!

As someone who goes to Taco Bell 2-3 times a week I usually have enough points every single trip for a free burrito so that's the main fast food app I use.

It must be rare for them to give out free sandwiches through the app cuz I rarely see them or I don’t check out the app often enough. I get notifications from McD and Burger King constantly but never from CFA

I do because the plaza I have on my app gives me free sandwiches probably once a week. The one my wife and kids have set to gives them fries once in a great while. I get a lot of points so idk it just works.

Also homie relax. Everyone already has my info at least chick FIL A is giving me sandwiches in return. Do you not have a pro card? GameStop definitely sells your info also.

I'll download the BK app and see. I'm not a big fan of BK but I'll see what they give. I'm trying to eat somewhat healthier this year.

Just got back from GS. Asked for the $5 eshop code and he told me he's pretty sure they removed it but he will check. No longer in the system. I told him I'll take the $5 MS instead and he said he thinks that's gone too but he will check. Success. $5 MS is still there but he told me he is pretty sure it will be gone soon. Got home to buy a $10 PSN with my $5 promo and the website refused to take trade credit and then when I tried with a CC, I got your session expired every time so I went on my app and it took my TC and it all worked no problem.

Anyone fire emblem engage divine edition still havent shiipped yet? I got the tracking but it just say label was created on the 19th and nothing since.

Anyone fire emblem engage divine edition still havent shiipped yet? I got the tracking but it just say label was created on the 19th and nothing since.
Mine shows as awaiting carrier pickup, with the label created today and a delivery date of tomorrow

I Just picked up my FireEmblem CE preorder from My Local Gamestop. They were kind enough to save a tarot card for me. Stacked some certs for some extra savings.
[attachment=37730:20230123_131420_(1).jpg]

As someone who goes to Taco Bell 2-3 times a week I usually have enough points every single trip for a free burrito so that's the main fast food app I use.
I hate their reward options. the best options are the chalupa or nacho bel grande... just give me $5 off any item.

It must be rare for them to give out free sandwiches through the app cuz I rarely see them or I don’t check out the app often enough. I get notifications from McD and Burger King constantly but never from CFA
it depends on where you live. everytime a local pro sports team does something here they give away a free sandwich. I have no idea what team it is though as I don't eat there.

bread's done
Back