The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
That's what I'm tempted to do but they usually give me trouble when it's part of the 4 for 40 deal. I'm made to return the whole order.

The food places closing are often due to staffing issues. The closest red lobster that had been in operation for decades just closed and they were always busy. Iirc it said 75 years or 1975 I'm not sure which.

But yeah between the low pay at most places and people wanting a living wage many places including gamestop will run on a skeleton crew and or have to change up their hiring practices or close.  Some places in my area lowered the hiring age.  It also doesn't help that teens these days work less and less if not out right ghosting jobs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
all these delivery options are hurting restaurants too, they take a fee for every order and on top of that many of the orders end up with problems that further cost the restaurant even more money. i mean, it is bad enough so many people are too lazy to make their own meals, now they are too lazy to even leave the house to get them. that with pressure on wages, karens everywhere, and costs rising, it is probably harder than ever to actually break even, not even talking about making a profit, at this time.

all these delivery options are hurting restaurants too, they take a fee for every order and on top of that many of the orders end up with problems that further cost the restaurant even more money. i mean, it is bad enough so many people are too lazy to make their own meals, now they are too lazy to even leave the house to get them. that with pressure on wages, karens everywhere, and costs rising, it is probably harder than ever to actually break even, not even talking about making a profit, at this time.
Not to mention it can’t be much fun.

The food places closing are often due to staffing issues. The closest red lobster that had been in operation for decades just closed and they were always busy. Iirc it said 75 years or 1975 I'm not sure which.
And the staffing issues are mostly due to the fact that they pay the (tip-adjusted) minimum wage. People don't want to make 2 or 3 dollars an hour and rely on tips anymore and I can't blame them.

50/50 as many places don't offer delivery so they wouldn't get the business at all, the apps also offer large discounts on the orders, free delivery if you get a sub from their apps in most cases and or hit a purchase threshold usually around 25-35$. And there are people who can't just up and drive to pick up an order themselves myself included so I appreciate these services.

And the staffing issues are mostly due to the fact that they pay the (tip-adjusted) minimum wage. People don't want to make 2 or 3 dollars an hour and rely on tips anymore and I can't blame them.
It varies from place to place. Some are offering regular minimum wage (in my state its now 9.39) to 15$ an hour because of the staffing crisis.

Sure wish there was some good game deals right now like there is on food.

Beware I went into my GS to check on my Fire Emblem CE, & I was told they didn’t get enough tarot card decks to cover preorders (they have one set aside for my copy) & now online orders have to go into a store with their order confirmation to get a deck so it’s going to be a free for all to get those decks.

Beware I went into my GS to check on my Fire Emblem CE, & I was told they didn’t get enough tarot card decks to cover preorders (they have one set aside for my copy) & now online orders have to go into a store with their order confirmation to get a deck so it’s going to be a free for all to get those decks.
I wonder if I'll get it? Doesn't show any bonus on my online order status.

Called mine, they got enough. They are opening an hour earlier than what the GameStop website/google shows for Friday so if I show up at opening I should be fine.

Do standard edition preorders also qualify for the bonus deck?

Yes any preorder should get the deck while supplies last. I’m the only CE at my GS & I’m one of the best customers so they are making sure I get one of the only 5 decks they were sent.

I ordered online to make sure I got a tarot deck because I got burned before ordering in store. I guess that isn’t the case and I should still be worried?

Has anyone received a disc game in just a sleeve before? Usually they give you a generic case, but this is the first order they gave me 4 or 5 games in just a paper sleeve.
I bought a new game last year and it came with just a sleeve. Just business as usual with GameStop.

Had 3 of 4 of my accounts suddenly become free accounts (most were extended out more than 1 year) I guess they finally figured it out - been doing double dips for over year and half and just had my name on each account.

Anybody else have their accounts become free accounts before ?

I ordered Fire Emblem online for home delivery because I work all day tomorrow and I got burned on the preorder bonus for PLA last year because they gave them out first come, first served. I tried to cancel and just get it directly from the the eShop but "there was an error cancelling your order." Probably too late now. I'm still waiting on the Sephiroth Amiibo as well. Should be here today or tomorrow though.

Had 3 of 4 of my accounts suddenly become free accounts (most were extended out more than 1 year) I guess they finally figured it out - been doing double dips for over year and half and just had my name on each account.

Anybody else have their accounts become free accounts before ?
My pro doesn't expire until next year but got a random email with subject "We want you back — take $5 off your Pro Membership today!" and got $5 active offer for $5 off Pro renewal. My pro is still active so far. Active offer is good through 1/28.

When/where did you get instructions to pick up your tarot cards in store?

My copy isn’t supposed to get here until next Tuesday. fuck.
It says it on Gamestop's site, on the page for the game.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/fire-emblem-engage---nintendo-switch/351975.html

Pre-order Fire Emblem Engage and receive a free tarot card deck. Exclusively at GameStop!

*while supplies last

Online Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your bonus. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Cards will be available at time of pickup.

this tweet shows screenshots of what it was and what it is now for tarot cards: https://twitter.com/Intense_Robin/status/1615259192012554240

If this was a reputable business I would guess that all pre orders up to a point would have them shipped with the order and those pre ordered today would have to go in store as they may be out of their online allotment. But this is gamestop so who the hell knows
Yes. Proper way would be to include a separate item in the online order for the bonus item. If no bonus item in your order, you would then be left to battle the sweaty masses on release day.

If this was a reputable business I would guess that all pre orders up to a point would have them shipped with the order and those pre ordered today would have to go in store as they may be out of their online allotment. But this is gamestop so who the hell knows
"One for the customer, one for me....one for the guy I know, two for meeee~....

oh hullo. Sorry they didn't even ship us enough to cover pre-orders."

If you have Amazon Prime, all 3 versions of VtM: Swansong are ok flips as they trade in for $15.60 after 30% bonus & are $9.99 each right now.

called a few gamestop about the tarot cards and they all don't even know about online people have to go to their store to get the tarot cards. Keep giving me wrong information.

called a few gamestop about the tarot cards and they all don't even know about online people have to go to their store to get the tarot cards. Keep giving me wrong information.
Have a feeling this isn't going to end well for a lot people, me included.

Can't wait to see the ebay listings :(

Generally stores don't even get preorder stock on time for bonuses lately and even when they do most times it's not even enough to cover in store preorders.   Stores will not give any out for online orders if they dont have enough to cover in store orders regardless of what online or customer service says.

Generally stores don't even get preorder stock on time for bonuses lately and even when they do most times it's not even enough to cover in store preorders. Stores will not give any out for online orders if they dont have enough to cover in store orders regardless of what online or customer service says.
Good. Let online fix their mess on their own.

I guess I’m returning my FE then. fuck em.

I paid half with GC and half with credit card. I assume this will be an issue?

Lol I hate these physical pre order bonus issues from GameStop lately. I might just start pre ordering online instead but I get tax’d online with my trade credit ugh

anyone that pre order engage limited edition shipped yet? mine is still awaiting avaliability
The site still shows waiting for product availability for the Sephiroth Amiibo that arrived today. Don't trust the site and don't expect it to come until next week. 1-3 day shipping is a low ball estimate in my experience. Sephiroth came out last Friday. They have a federal holiday as an excuse this week though.

I preordered One Piece Odyssey from Best Buy and got it on launch day. Just saying. Between Fire Emblem and the final Sword and Shield set of Pokemon cards dropping tomorrow, expect GS to be more of a hot mess than usual this weekend.

The site still shows waiting for product availability for the Sephiroth Amiibo that arrived today. Don't trust the site and don't expect it to come until next week. 1-3 day shipping is a low ball estimate in my experience. Sephiroth came out last Friday. They have a federal holiday as an excuse this week though.

I preordered One Piece Odyssey from Best Buy and got it on launch day. Just saying. Between Fire Emblem and the final Sword and Shield set of Pokemon cards dropping tomorrow, expect GS to be more of a hot mess than usual this weekend.
when did the etb jump to 59.99? I swore it was 49.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you atleast get a confirmation email that it shipped?

My local store gave me a pack of tarot cards when I showed them my proof of purchase. Apparently they only received 5 and two customers have picked theirs up already, so I would visit the store ASAP if you want one. 

Goddammit. I went to the store to get my tarot cards and they closed 3 hours early.

Jesus Christ GameStop. My GME stock is already in the shitter. Just fucking go to 0.

bread's done
Back