The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Bruh one day, all the stores “near me” were open except one. I was so confused as to why that one store was closed for the whole day

With working hours that short, I don’t think the workers would federally qualify for a break, maybe on Fri/Sat since you would assume add 30 minutes each to open & close the store.
Maybe it's just everywhere I have ever worked but usually its 15 min regardless of how long the shift is. a second 15 min break being after 6 hours. Minors being he exception of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m glad GameStop is at least on the price match train

It’s not much ($2) but got Crisis Core for switch and PM’d with Amazon for 47.99

Almost no stores near me had it either from a search and call

Had gift card funds I’m still sitting on and been hearing good things about this port relatively speaking. Was considering waiting for a steam sale but nice to have a physical copy and to give this one a go, never played it on psp

Just need to confirm since it's a new year, double dip still works if we buy $10 eShop credit in store and then $10 online? So $20 for $10 since they've stopped selling the $5 in-store?

Super Mario 3D All-Stars for Switch showing $40 base trade at GameStop. I don't remember the last time a Switch game had a base value of $40, if ever.

PS4 and Xbox One console trade values dropped further. $17 for Xbox One Controllers, not great, but getting better.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars for Switch showing $40 base trade at GameStop. I don't remember the last time a Switch game had a base value of $40, if ever.

PS4 and Xbox One console trade values dropped further. $17 for Xbox One Controllers, not great, but getting better.
I was coming here to say that the quick view showed me a value of $35 base, but 30 sec later it's showing $40. Not sure if it's going to fluctuate and change

Anyone have problems buying Pokémon cards from GS online? I wanna buy the new lucario set but I don’t wanna get scammed with resealed packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been able to confirm if One Piece Odyssey is G2L?  All I have been able to get from my local store is that it might be, but no definite answer.

Anyone have problems buying Pokémon cards from GS online? I wanna buy the new lucario set but I don’t wanna get scammed with resealed packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned resealed packs so don't buy period it sounds like.
I was that guy but I feel like pre-orders should be fine vs boxes sitting on a shelf/in the warehouse for a few years. It'll always be YMMV with things like this though.

make sure to ask to pick out your steelbook cause they are not shipping them with any protection whatsoever to the stores

Pokémon cards are final sale items. You can’t return them even if they’re sealed. So unless employees are opening them and resealing this shouldn’t be an issue.
Are we talking about booster packs? I was able to return one this month, so now I’m assuming it was employee error.

Is Cash Same As Credit going on right now?
the main website says yes, the trade in value page says no. the fact that it has been listed on the site since Sunday but no one has said anything (especially in cali) makes me think its not in the POS

the main website says yes, the trade in value page says no. the fact that it has been listed on the site since Sunday but no one has said anything (especially in cali) makes me think its not in the POS
It is not, I traded in this week and was offered the typical lower cash option vs credit.

For me "Same cash or credit" only showed up the initial day it was posted here and that took reloading the website a few times for it to show up. It was then replaced with a "cash in on big trades: get cash or credit for trades" with the language no longer saying they were the same amount. My guess would be it was never active and posted by mistake.

Just redeemed my $5 monthly coupon on a $5 Xbox gift card (on receipt) in store. Then game home and double dipped on a $10 Xbox gift card. Everything seems to still be working as last year, even though CAG and reddit mentioned removing the $5 Xbox gift card in store.

Just picked up my one piece pre order. No guarantee to love it code. Fed ex was dropping of steel books just as I got there so I was able to get one. Trade boost didn't trigger on one piece but worked on fire emblem

Just picked up my one piece pre order. No guarantee to love it code. Fed ex was dropping of steel books just as I got there so I was able to get one. Trade boost didn't trigger on one piece but worked on fire emblem
Mine didn’t come with one and I think the applied my monthly coupon on it automatically and they said no stores near me even have the steelbooks. I should probably contact gs about that. What’s the G2L code? Receipt didn’t come with one for some reason

Damn, I had held onto Allstars for years and it never appreciated. Finally dumped it about two months ago with the Switch to get rid of the clutter and of course now it doubles in trade value. :roll:

Anyone have any recommendations for $10 or $20 games for the current promo?  Either something to play or flip back

-Current 4 for $40 is NBA 2k23, Witcher 3, and Evil Dead

-Current 4 for $20 is Lego Incredibles, and Soul Calibur 4

if you like rpgs in the 20$ tier there's a number of options. tales of arise, star ocean 5, ff7r, ffx/x-2, smt 3 nocturne, scarlet nexus, steven universe save the light. 

Steven universe is a lot like paper mario right down to partner abilities to traverse dungeons and maps and puzzles, paper like aesthetic, platforming, badges and a similar level up stat mechanic. The combat is more like grandia though since its more rts than turn based.  You get star points each turn and every action costs so many. Though there are items to give you 3, 5 or 7 star points. Cap is 10 I believe. It's quite fun and doesn't really require any knowledge of the series to enjoy it. 

Mine didn’t come with one and I think the applied my monthly coupon on it automatically and they said no stores near me even have the steelbooks. I should probably contact gs about that. What’s the G2L code? Receipt didn’t come with one for some reason
Oh I said no code. People were unsure if it was guaranteed to love it or not. I was just posting to say my receipt didn't have the code. So not part of the program. About the steelbooks I read on gamestop employee reddit that stores are getting them late or at the very last minute. I would keep checking back with your store

Has anyone had GS ship a giftcard without any type of tracking? I added one to get FS and they marked it as shipped but no idea how they shipped it. 

Damn, I had held onto Allstars for years and it never appreciated. Finally dumped it about two months ago with the Switch to get rid of the clutter and of course now it doubles in trade value. :roll:
Haha it only stopped being on retail shelves likes 4 months ago and tiny Switch cartridges are hardly clutter. 😊

Has anyone had GS ship a giftcard without any type of tracking? I added one to get FS and they marked it as shipped but no idea how they shipped it.
They don't seem to be sending confirmation and such emails for the last few weeks. It's very possible you'll find it with no indication of when it arrived other than a email that it was delivered.

Oh I said no code. People were unsure if it was guaranteed to love it or not. I was just posting to say my receipt didn't have the code. So not part of the program. About the steelbooks I read on gamestop employee reddit that stores are getting them late or at the very last minute. I would keep checking back with your store
Misread that oh man. Not having the steelbook now complicates things and no G2L. Guess I’ll try to sell it since I got one from target too for 30% off

Misread that oh man. Not having the steelbook now complicates things and no G2L. Guess I’ll try to sell it since I got one from target too for 30% off
The reddit thread mentions steel books arrived late from the vendor and there is some stores that won't get them till Wednesday. You can always return it with receipt if they never get you your steelbook

The reddit thread mentions steel books arrived late from the vendor and there is some stores that won't get them till Wednesday. You can always return it with receipt if they never get you your steelbook
Bet thanks I’ll wait it out. Idk what’s up with GS vendor lately

Reminder - today (Saturday, 12/14) is the last day for 10% off PlayStation Network, GameStop, and Nintendo eShop gift cards at Dollar General.  In-store only.  

I bought another $60 in GameStop cards this morning for $54 that I plan to use to buy PSN, Nintendo, and Xbox cards so that I can get the Power Up Rewards points from the purchase.

I had to call gs to get my trade credit refunded for a canceled online order. It was still showing as pending on their end and they canceled the pending charge. The credit went back to the trade card I used.

bread's done
Back