The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
When did GS start these emails for when shit wasn't going to ship immediately? I thought they got rid of level 2 support, but now it's like 1.5!!

WCmLEPW.png

Of course, the status still shows preparing for shipment, but hopefully Fedex delivers something!

qyldBrQ.png

free accounts are literally just for tracking now, they're useless
Yea, "Natural Expiration" is the last activity even though it still shows your points in the account summary! :oldman:

What's the smallest Steam wallet you can get at GS?
$20 online I think. I've started steam now that Xbox is re-capped at $1k after getting a Series X. O:)

Last edited by a moderator:
they removed the $5 xbox/nintendo last month, xbox took a little longer than nintendo to disappear but stores were told to stop selling both immediately.
Wonder if PlayStation and Steam is going to be disappearing anytime soon. Trying to figure out if I should just cash in my points before they disappear on me or renew my Pro even as everything seems to be disappearing.

It used to be I could find at least one game to buy every month to use the $5 coupon on but it hasn't been that way lately. GS not having sealed copies of games in stock at stores near me has really been a bummer. Having that option to buy one of these giftcards was always my fall-back purchase when I had nothing else to get.

Wonder if PlayStation and Steam is going to be disappearing anytime soon. Trying to figure out if I should just cash in my points before they disappear on me or renew my Pro even as everything seems to be disappearing.

It used to be I could find at least one game to buy every month to use the $5 coupon on but it hasn't been that way lately. GS not having sealed copies of games in stock at stores near me has really been a bummer. Having that option to buy one of these giftcards was always my fall-back purchase when I had nothing else to get.
xbox isn't gone, just the $5 is. you can do any of them perfectly fine, Xbox/PSN/Eshop are $10 minimum, Steam is $20 minimum. Monthly coupon gives the $5 off

Saved up enough xbox gift cards using my pro coupons over the past few months to buy an elite controller series 2 from the Microsoft store. I probably won't be renewing now that the $5 sku is gone though.

Saved up enough xbox gift cards using my pro coupons over the past few months to buy an elite controller series 2 from the Microsoft store. I probably won't be renewing now that the $5 sku is gone though.
Is it really gone because I purchase a $5 Xbox code
from the register on Saturday?

xbox isn't gone, just the $5 is. you can do any of them perfectly fine, Xbox/PSN/Eshop are $10 minimum, Steam is $20 minimum. Monthly coupon gives the $5 off
In store you should still be able to get a $6 Xbox code on receipt and use your $5 monthly coupon.

Provided they don't remove the other codes, that's correct.

Xbox currency codes are all in the 532xxx formula for skus.

532006 should be $6

532007 $7

532008 $8

etc

532010 is $10

Thanks, all. Will visit a store and see if I can buy either a $6 Xbox or $10 PS. If I could, I guess I'll renew my Pro.

Will this thread ever move beyond the discussion of the $5 coupon?  Maybe that should become it's own thread?  And also have a thread that complains about the shipping or how people received something that was not "new"/ pre-owned copy in a sleeve.  It feels like if no one talked about these things here, this thread would be dead because rare do I see "deals" posted.

I mean if you want GameStop to actual "listen" stop shopping there.  The credit flips can't be worth it anymore (I could be wrong), but it just seems like a lot of work to save a marginal amount of money.  And yes, i stupidly renewed my membership, but I am not gonig to redeem $5 coupon just because I have it. I am sure there see how many of those are being redeemed and for what and whatever else..

Ex: GameStop had Subnautica 2 for $8, but shipping boosted it to $17...got it off Amazon for $14.

Now you say, but wait there's the monthly $5 coupon so you would have only paid $12...but for $2 I don't have to wait 5 days and the game came sealed and new (as advertised).

I miss the days when you could find legitmate deals at GameStop, but now their stores are nothing like that. 

Will this thread ever move beyond the discussion of the $5 coupon? Maybe that should become it's own thread? And also have a thread that complains about the shipping or how people received something that was not "new"/ pre-owned copy in a sleeve. It feels like if no one talked about these things here, this thread would be dead because rare do I see "deals" posted.

I mean if you want GameStop to actual "listen" stop shopping there. The credit flips can't be worth it anymore (I could be wrong), but it just seems like a lot of work to save a marginal amount of money. And yes, i stupidly renewed my membership, but I am not gonig to redeem $5 coupon just because I have it. I am sure there see how many of those are being redeemed and for what and whatever else..

Ex: GameStop had Subnautica 2 for $8, but shipping boosted it to $17...got it off Amazon for $14.

Now you say, but wait there's the monthly $5 coupon so you would have only paid $12...but for $2 I don't have to wait 5 days and the game came sealed and new (as advertised).

I miss the days when you could find legitmate deals at GameStop, but now their stores are nothing like that.
they seem to only have good deals only if it’s a glitch or something. I hope they have my Harry Potter game next Tuesday. I preordered the deluxe edition but my store never gets enough for preorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this thread ever move beyond the discussion of the $5 coupon?

This is why this thread is mainly about $5 coupons, because that's the only consistent "deal" Gamestop has.

Just tried to use my code on PSN $10 card and received a "There are no qualifying products in cart for this promotion." Message. Can't apply it to my cart. Tried swapping it out with a Nintendo Eshop $10 and didn't work either. Then I added a random physical game and the coupon took. Anyone else run into this?

Just tried to use my code on PSN $10 card and received a "There are no qualifying products in cart for this promotion." Message. Can't apply it to my cart. Anyone else run into this?
$10 eShop in my cart and I'm getting a "item does not qualify for pro reward" message :/

EDIT: No digital content seems to qualify as of now. I tried the Animal Crossing DLC that I was going to get for my mom, and nope. Tried a digital copy of the new Fire Emblem and it didn't work, but the physical copy did.

$10 eShop in my cart and I'm getting a "item does not qualify for pro reward" message :/

EDIT: No digital content seems to qualify as of now. I tried the Animal Crossing DLC that I was going to get for my mom, and nope. Tried a digital copy of the new Fire Emblem and it didn't work, but the physical copy did.
Damn, might be over. That was all I used it for. Without that I'm not renewing...

Did you guys try entering the code and also clicking that “apply” coupon button? I want to say I had the same error initially but it did go through for me yesterday. Don’t know if it was app vs website or apply vs pasting code.

Damn, might be over. That was all I used it for. Without that I'm not renewing...
This happens every month at the beginning of the month the code doesn’t work, then about 3 to 5 days into the month the coupon works again all of a sudden. I know I’ve been guilty myself of asking in these threads of few different times about it, but it always has ended up working within a weeks time. Fingers crossed boys.

This happens every month at the beginning of the month the code doesn’t work, then about 3 to 5 days into the month the coupon works again all of a sudden. I know I’ve been guilty myself of asking in these threads of few different times about it, but it always has ended up working within a weeks time. Fingers crossed boys.
Not true, I usually do my monthly double-dip on the first of the month with no issues for the last year-plus...

Hopefully someone can confirm if in store works, but I have used the online one for quite a while and also not able to get digital codes working with it online.

If this is the end, my many thanks to all for bringing this to my attention.  My large digital online libraries and full Xbox and eshop wallets are grateful

Hopefully someone can confirm if in store works, but I have used the online one for quite a while and also not able to get digital codes working with it online
Just picked up a on-receipt $100 Razer Gold gift card and both my $5 monthly and $15 certificate applied to it. The online certificate has never worked on them also.

If both the $5 eShop AND the double dipping are gone then I'm not renewing. Spending $75 for $120 worth of eShop credit every year isn't worth the time spent going into that dump every single month

Dead space ps5 has been pretty much out of stock for days. How does the only big game retailer not have the current biggest game for sale?
Have you checked in store? It showed oos everywhere around me but when I did a trade on Monday, the store had a handful of PS5 copies. I suspect their stock count is completely off for it.

Will this thread ever move beyond the discussion of the $5 coupon? Maybe that should become it's own thread? And also have a thread that complains about the shipping or how people received something that was not "new"/ pre-owned copy in a sleeve. It feels like if no one talked about these things here, this thread would be dead because rare do I see "deals" posted.

I mean if you want GameStop to actual "listen" stop shopping there. The credit flips can't be worth it anymore (I could be wrong), but it just seems like a lot of work to save a marginal amount of money. And yes, i stupidly renewed my membership, but I am not gonig to redeem $5 coupon just because I have it. I am sure there see how many of those are being redeemed and for what and whatever else..

You and others are quick to complain and contribute no deals discussion yourselves. But yes most of the threads would rarely have posts.

I think the lack of talk of deals, and the redundant $5 coupon/"new" talk are two different things. When there are actual deals we'll talk about them. But it's still weird that we still get people asking/complaining about shows the same things day in and out, as if we've learned nothing over the past several years.

The 5$ coupon should work on 10$ Xbox and Eshop cards. The only thing that I know of that is gone is the ability to buy 5$ cards for xbox and eshop. 

Random side question, has anyone tried to trade in far cry 6 for Xbox? The site doesn't show a trade in but for ps5 there is a trade in value. 

kinda crazy my fire emblem divine edition I preorder september has no status update for two weeks stuck on label created limbo. Gotta love gamestop

If both the $5 eShop AND the double dipping are gone then I'm not renewing. Spending $75 for $120 worth of eShop credit every year isn't worth the time spent going into that dump every single month
I was able to buy a $10 PSN card in store using my coupon and credit and buy a $8 game online for in store pickup also using the coupon. This was after being unable to apply the coupon online to any game system currency. I can confirm that double dipping still works and that the monthly reward can be used for currency in store.

$10 Xbox worked in store. The $6 Xbox code did not
Just to be clear, the $6 Xbox cred is available to buy but you just can't use the $5 coupon on it, right? For the $10, did you get a physical gift card or have them print it out at the register?

bread's done
Back