The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Diofield Chronicles for $35. What’s square Enix track record on price drops. Should I wait? Just started Engage so it’ll be months before I get to it.
I can’t think of anything SE that hasn’t gotten to at least 60-70% off eventually, of their standard us retail releases. Switch tax still remains in effect, but I think most of their switch releases usually get fairly cheap too? I haven’t put a lot of thought or research into this, but that’s my impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diofield Chronicles for $35. What’s square Enix track record on price drops. Should I wait? Just started Engage so it’ll be months before I get to it.
I expect recent Square Enix bombs Diofield Chronicles and Valkyrie Elysium both get much lower.

I expect recent Square Enix bombs Diofield Chronicles and Valkyrie Elysium both get much lower.
Most of the recent square Enix stuff bombed hard. I got Valkyrie Elysium for $24 (steam), and Star Ocean (ps5/used) for $27. I'm sure they'll drop even lower, but pretty good prices for how recent they are

Diofield will definitely be $30 before long and $20 at some point within the year, probably in some random Gamefly sale and then $20 universally Black Friday.

shadowysea07 is likely referring to a B2G1 from last year where Diofield was eligible. Target likes to do those 2-3 times a year.
Yeah that. I grabbed it along with harvestella and a few other things during that sale. Valkyrie elysium I got during the 10$ off sale so I could use the 10$ gift card on a 60$ video games purchase promo.

I have looked and looked but to no avail.

Is there a way to filter results in gamestop website to show me only the games that are available to pick up in my area?

If  anybody knows and can tell me, that would be awesome

Preordered Metroid this weekend at Gamestop. They told me the 13th. It's on my receipt.

Gamestop's website said the 13th.

Called them today, after work. Guy was confused. He said no no no, it comes out the 22nd.

Gamestop's website now says the 22nd.

Womp womp womp.

im waiting for live a live to be $20 but its not budging for some reason

square prints infinite copies too so idk if it doesnt guess ill just skip it

Because unlike Diofield for which SquareEnix is the developer and publisher, Live A Live is developed by Square Enix and published by Nintendo. Nintendo tends to hold the line.

Ya my buy price is $30 (might have just bought now had I not used all my $5 coupons), but it’s published by Nintendo so won’t drop as much

The $5 monthly coupon doesn’t work on psn anymore for sure. Sadly I won’t be double dipping like ever unless there’s really something I want online over $60 when I’m totally out of trade credit

In the past, if I forgot to use the $5 coupon, I would contact CS and they would give me 5000 points on my account.

I wonder if this is what we'll have to do now that they are pulling the plug on using this for digital currency online. It makes the coupon/membership useless to me.

The $5 monthly coupon doesn’t work on psn anymore for sure. Sadly I won’t be double dipping like ever unless there’s really something I want online over $60 when I’m totally out of trade credit
Did you try to do this in store? Sounds like straight up double dipping is dead, but at least I should be able to use the $5 on an actual PSN card in the store, right? I usually get the $10 one and pay the remainder in credit, but I'm fresh out of credit now, and their trade in values totally suck right now.

The monthly $5 coupon still works in store for the PSN card. I just used it using the weekend. They didn't have any $10 cards on the shelves, so the code was printed on the receipt.

In the past, if I forgot to use the $5 coupon, I would contact CS and they would give me 5000 points on my account.

I wonder if this is what we'll have to do now that they are pulling the plug on using this for digital currency online. It makes the coupon/membership useless to me.
Call them or through email? Many have posted here that they aren't picking up the phone and I highly doubt they are going to be giving people 5000 points by emailing them and telling them you forgot to use your code. I am sure they did it for you because not many contacted them about this. You can still try but I am sure many will be doing the exact same thing if they know it will work and that will also get taken away.

Did you try to do this in store? Sounds like straight up double dipping is dead, but at least I should be able to use the $5 on an actual PSN card in the store, right? I usually get the $10 one and pay the remainder in credit, but I'm fresh out of credit now, and their trade in values totally suck right now.
Sorry I thought I did put “online” sorry for the confusion. Doesn’t work online so I won’t be double dipping anymore. I usually get a game instore then get a psn from online

Not sure if you tried this, but switch out your HDMI cable with another High-Speed 4K cable. Mine was doing the exact same thing it sounds like, and a new cable fixed that.

Does anyone know if GameStop will take in consoles that are having problems?

My Xbox Series X has decided to start displaying graphical glitches in games that makes it seem like (at least) one of it's RAM chips has gone bad. =( I checked Microsoft and it's $299 for them to repair it! I know in the past that they've taken in `broken-ish' systems and just charged a refurb fee (say $50 or so). Overall that would be quicker and cheaper than either sending it to Microsoft or selling it on eBay as broken. =(

Went to my store a few days ago to use my $5 cert on a PSN card. 

Also didn't realize the best buy certs couldn't be used on PSN cards lol 

In order to make use of my double-dip, I searched for new clearance games that were available for local pick-up at my home store.

I just bought a $10 PSN code in the store and then double-dipped on a "new" copy of Subnautica: Below Zero for Xbox One that was $7.98.

Sure, it'll be gutted, and the disc will be covered with finger prints when I go back to pick it up, and I'll hate myself for it, but hey, I already hate myself!  :shock:

In order to make use of my double-dip, I searched for new clearance games that were available for local pick-up at my home store.

I just bought a $10 PSN code in the store and then double-dipped on a "new" copy of Subnautica: Below Zero for Xbox One that was $7.98.

Sure, it'll be gutted, and the disc will be covered with finger prints when I go back to pick it up, and I'll hate myself for it, but hey, I already hate myself! :shock:
The problem with this strategy for me is that there are no games at my store.

Finally got hit with my GameStop not getting a game for release day. They didn’t get theatrhythm final bar line for today. Had promised it as my kid’s valentines gift (plus to enjoy over her 5 day break starting tomorrow).

Finally got hit with my GameStop not getting a game for release day. They didn’t get theatrhythm final bar line for today. Had promised it as my kid’s valentines gift (plus to enjoy over her 5 day break starting tomorrow).
This might not be much consolation, but maybe it's in the same shipment with Wild Hearts which releases tomorrow and your store will have it then?

This might not be much consolation, but maybe it's in the same shipment with Wild Hearts which releases tomorrow and your store will have it then?
Got a call late this afternoon that they got it now. Makes me wonder if they miss some of their FedEx deliveries since they have those half hour closures for breaks in the afternoons.

Traded in some games today. Got like $54. Came home to cash it in for various credits (steam, psn, etc.). First $20 purchase went through and now it errors on every one and they tell me to contact customer care. What the hell? Is this like a temporary hold and it'll work tomorrow? Anyone have any ideas?

Traded in some games today. Got like $54. Came home to cash it in for various credits (steam, psn, etc.). First $20 purchase went through and now it errors on every one and they tell me to contact customer care. What the hell? Is this like a temporary hold and it'll work tomorrow? Anyone have any ideas?
The extra 50% wasn't still on was it? Last week the guy at mine said it was when I went in to do some preorders, so I am curious.

try it with a different IP

if it doesnt go through wait at least a week

The extra 50% wasn't still on was it? Last week the guy at mine said it was when I went in to do some preorders, so I am curious.
Nope, no promos listed on the website and none were given to me in store.

And oh god, wait a whole week? :oldman:

So I pre-ordered Like a Dragon Ishin and got 3 emails that my order shipped... but there's not racking number and my order status page just says "awaiting stock". Is GS just going through around round of glitches? 

Buy it in store next time, the website is beyond shit.

Well, I got a new error that says you can't use gamestop credit to buy steam wallet cards...even though I just did earlier today. And now it's back to the general error.

bread's done
Back