The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Anyone have any good luck buying Pokémon cards from GameStop? or should I just buy from the Pokémon center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on what you want. Gamestop doesn't sell booster boxes for whatver stupid reason. If you're looking for etb gamestop is fine. The pokemon center ones have bonus stuff and stamped promos I believe but if it justifies the higher price or not is up to you.

I generally see 4 other people waiting at my small gamestop on new card days.

I'm looking to trade an old xbox one. Do I need to trade it with an official xbox controller or any 3rd party pdp controller will work?

I just double-dipped on a $10 Nintendo eShop card in-store and a "new" clearance copy of Immortals: Fenyx Rising for Xbox One online.  Like last month, the $5 off coupon negated the clearance discount and bumped it back up to $8.97, so I got the game for $5.27 tax included after the coupon was applied.

It was the last copy in the store, so I'm sure it'll be gutted, but it's not a big deal since my birthday is tomorrow, and I have severely cut back on my gaming purchases as of late.  So, at least I'll have something to look forward to tomorrow.  :oldman:

Last edited by a moderator:
So GameStop cancelled my pick-up order that I paid with trade credit. Looking at my balance, I didn't get a refund. I definitely do remember that before the transaction I was over $100 in trade credit and after I'm below $100.

Will it go back on my trade credit or do I have to contact these guys?

So GameStop cancelled my pick-up order that I paid with trade credit. Looking at my balance, I didn't get a refund. I definitely do remember that before the transaction I was over $100 in trade credit and after I'm below $100.

Will it go back on my trade credit or do I have to contact these guys?
I would contact customer service, but you will likely get the amount on a card mailed to you.

If the extra 20% towards Jedi Order still works, can you (still?) do it if you have already put $5 down before towards it? As in, add to the $5 already down and getting the extra 20%?

If the extra 20% towards Jedi Order still works, can you (still?) do it if you have already put $5 down before towards it? As in, add to the $5 already down and getting the extra 20%?
Yes. You can even just add on an additional $1 after the initial $5 deposit and that'll trigger the bonus.

Traded in some joy cons. Went to 4 locations. Only 1 location ripped open a used switch and tested the joy con.

Ymmv dependant on employee, if you want to trade in some broken joy cons for $29.90 (w/ 20% bonus + 10% pur).

Does Gamestop still take in "generic" 3rd party Switch controllers?

More specifically -- does anyone know if Gamestop takes 3rd party Joy-con type controllers?  I thought they had a generic controller SKU, but I didn't think they had one for joy con style controllers...

Does Gamestop still take in "generic" 3rd party Switch controllers?

More specifically -- does anyone know if Gamestop takes 3rd party Joy-con type controllers? I thought they had a generic controller SKU, but I didn't think they had one for joy con style controllers...
I don’t see any for sale on their site so I would assume no.

Has anyone here ordered from Amazon lately? I ordered Stray as a present for a friend and usually when Amazon says it will take a long time to get here it ships out in like the next day or two but I ordered on Monday and it still hasn't shipped yet. Says I will be getting it March 28th through March 30th.
I don't have Prime for 2-day shipping but how in the world is it taking this long to ship out one game?

Has anyone here ordered from Amazon lately? I ordered Stray as a present for a friend and usually when Amazon says it will take a long time to get here it ships out in like the next day or two but I ordered on Monday and it still hasn't shipped yet. Says I will be getting it March 28th through March 30th.
I don't have Prime for 2-day shipping but how in the world is it taking this long to ship out one game?
Actually, I went to order Eternal Cylinder and i do have Prime and it was going to take a couple weeks...even though it was sold and shipped by Amazon so I have no idea what the deal is with some random items

Actually, I went to order Eternal Cylinder and i do have Prime and it was going to take a couple weeks...even though it was sold and shipped by Amazon so I have no idea what the deal is with some random items
yeah, it been happening as of lately when you want to buy something with Prime shipping, Took like 2 or 3 weeks to ship out now. Maybe got to do with the strikes that they been dealing with.

When you don’t have Prime they fit in your shipment whenever it convenient for them. Think of prime customers as first class customers and non prime as second class or worse.

Was there a daily or weekly limit to how much Steam Wallet funds you can buy with GameStop credit? Steamdeck is 10% off for a week and I might just bite by cashing out my credit. 

When you don’t have Prime they fit in your shipment whenever it convenient for them. Think of prime customers as first class customers and non prime as second class or worse.
Stray was sold and shipped by Amazon. I know Prime members get shipped out faster but again, usually the shipment still goes out within a couple of days so it's not too big of a difference but in this case, I really hope it doesn't take until March 28th to get the game for my friend.

Was there a daily or weekly limit to how much Steam Wallet funds you can buy with GameStop credit? Steamdeck is 10% off for a week and I might just bite by cashing out my credit.
Most of the time it's a daily limit of $200, tho my stores don't have physical cards anymore. They can print you out $50 or $20 steam wallet codes tho.

What have you guys been using the double dip on since it can’t even be used on digital anymore? Figured the only thing worth it is games under $10 but my stores have like nothing in stock lol

What have you guys been using the double dip on since it can’t even be used on digital anymore? Figured the only thing worth it is games under $10 but my stores have like nothing in stock lol
$10 eShop in-store then see if anything becomes available for pickup or stellar deal/glitch to ship. This month I got Mario Kart for $35 since I traded in my copy for $55 during that bonanza early last year.

Not really worth double dipping anymore unless you're ordering something for store pick-up (shipping prices are too ridiculous to consider delivery) and you want to do digital currency in-store at the end of the month.

Last month I got digital currency in-store early because I didn't think I would be buying anything else (pre-Nintendo Direct announcement lol). I also bought Metroid Prime but with the stock issues I doubt I would have been able to order that for local pick-up. This month I've already used my in-store on Mario 3D World (couldn't do store pick-up because of low stock in my area).

Used mine to pick up No More Heroes 3 switch for in store pickup. Worked well with trading in Ghost of Tsushima for $26 after 30% extra trade in bonus.

Most of the time it's a daily limit of $200, tho my stores don't have physical cards anymore. They can print you out $50 or $20 steam wallet codes tho.
Is there a limit to how much Steam you can purchase online each day? I purchased a 50 and 20 in one order. When I go to try to purchase more, it says I cannot use this gift card on the purchase. Despite using the same gift card about an hour ago and it has plenty of funds on it.

Somethings going on with Amazon, ordered the elite series 2 as the price was good, got the original box but a beat up turtle beach instead. Sold and shipped by Amazon. I’ve given up on Amazon after that.

Is there a limit to how much Steam you can purchase online each day? I purchased a 50 and 20 in one order. When I go to try to purchase more, it says I cannot use this gift card on the purchase. Despite using the same gift card about an hour ago and it has plenty of funds on it.
with a gift card technically the limit is 0. it glitches and let's through sometimes but gift cards arent supposed to be redeemable for Steam on the website at all. most times ordering consecutively on digital will also flag your account for manual review making all codes take 72 hours to come through.

In store limit is 4 cards/$200 per day.

How many of those Zelda wooden plaques do we think Gamestop will have? I don't even care about playing the game day 1 that badly but I figure those plaques will fetch a pretty penny.

How many of those Zelda wooden plaques do we think Gamestop will have? I don't even care about playing the game day 1 that badly but I figure those plaques will fetch a pretty penny.
with preorder bonuses between gamestop and Nintendo its best to use common sense and assume there won’t be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if you can stack your monthly $5 Pro certificate and a regular $5 reward cert on an online purchase? Trying to knock $10 off a Switch Pro controller and still qualify for free shipping. I know you can do it in store, but I've never tried using multiple certificates online on a single purchase.

So I know that the $5 monthly doesn't work online with clearance items, but is that also true for any rewards certificate you redeem? I have a cart with some clearance items in it, and I'm unable to apply a $15 certificate. This is so annoying.

bread's done
Back